ImageImageImageImageImage

Edey @ #32?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Should Raps target Zac Edey @ #32

Yes
54%
No
28%
Maybe
18%

Total votes: 120

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,837

Re: Edey @ #32? 

Post#281 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:47 pm

workout from last year

Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 977

Post#282 » by Mascot » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:04 pm

I’d rather have a box of chocolates
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,030

Post#283 » by MEDIC » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:18 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:Well that’s one way to look at it. I probably watch more NCAA than NBA when both those seasons are on and in my view the NBA is a far superior product from an entertainment perspective (particularly come playoff time when everyone actually gives as ****). The NCAA can be a very difficult watch at times due to the lack of skill and just how physical some of these teams make the games to make up for that. Teams like UConn are the exception to the norm.

You and I differ in that regard. I like more of a scrappy tone to games. I think sports should look physical & guys should be going all out. Scoring looks too easy in the NBA. Not enough resistance going to the basket. Too many blow bys & uncontested layups and dunks. It looks kind of scripted to me. Too predictable. There are far too many 20ppg scorers in the NBA now. 20ppg means nothing anymore.

NCAA game is physical, scrappy & unpredictable.

Having said that, I am a defense first kind of guy. I miss guys like Dennis Rodman.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,515

Post#284 » by dagger » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:41 pm

I wonder if our playmaker is 6'9" Scottie and he is playing off a 7'4"-foot C, whether they can just keep going over the top all night until defences have to collapse on them and others have easy, wide open looks.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,353

Post#285 » by Dalek » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:43 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:workout from last year

This video needs to be highlighted more. Edey is taking and making loads of threes and even some mid-range shots. A guy with his touch is bound to figure out his jumper. Brook Lopez only started to really hit threes at age 28, and I think Edey will figure it out in a couple years.

The other takeaway is that for a person who is 300 lbs he moves well. He tested better than Gobert at his combine and I only think Edey would be better this year, although I doubt he tests again.

It is weird that the draft community sees Clingan as a lottery pick over Edey. DC is a couple inches shorter and about 40 lbs lighter and has only averaged 22 mins 13/7.5 and 55% from the FT line and has had some weird foot tendon injuries. He is a special defender, but Edey is a larger, more physical, better conditioned athlete. It will be interesting to see who has a better career.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,353

Post#286 » by Dalek » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:46 pm

dagger wrote:I wonder if our playmaker is 6'9" Scottie and he is playing off a 7'4"-foot C, whether they can just keep going over the top all night until defences have to collapse on them and others have easy, wide open looks.

I cannot imagine a more physically punishing frontcourt. The key with Edey is finding ways to get him the ball. Purdue's guards really struggle at times, but maybe with a bigger, more skilled Barnes those looks become easier.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,464

Post#287 » by TimeForChange » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:47 pm

MEDIC wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Well that’s one way to look at it. I probably watch more NCAA than NBA when both those seasons are on and in my view the NBA is a far superior product from an entertainment perspective (particularly come playoff time when everyone actually gives as ****). The NCAA can be a very difficult watch at times due to the lack of skill and just how physical some of these teams make the games to make up for that. Teams like UConn are the exception to the norm.

You and I differ in that regard. I like more of a scrappy tone to games. I think sports should look physical & guys should be going all out. Scoring looks too easy in the NBA. Not enough resistance going to the basket. Too many blow bys & uncontested layups and dunks. It looks kind of scripted to me. Too predictable. There are far too many 20ppg scorers in the NBA now. 20ppg means nothing anymore.

NCAA game is physical, scrappy & unpredictable.

Having said that, I am a defense first kind of guy. I miss guys like Dennis Rodman.

offense sells to the casual fans so the NBA has made it almost impossible to play defense.

it looks like the NBA is trying to adjust, and scoring is down a bit but let's see what happens next year.

I am with you. Draft players who play defense and teach them offense when they get here.

If you draft an offensive college player, they are never going to be good defensively.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,773

Post#288 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:59 pm

Dalek wrote:
dagger wrote:I wonder if our playmaker is 6'9" Scottie and he is playing off a 7'4"-foot C, whether they can just keep going over the top all night until defences have to collapse on them and others have easy, wide open looks.

I cannot imagine a more physically punishing frontcourt. The key with Edey is finding ways to get him the ball. Purdue's guards really struggle at times, but maybe with a bigger, more skilled Barnes those looks become easier.

Scottie leads the league in assists, easily.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,430

Post#289 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Apr 3, 2024 12:17 am

Dalek wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:workout from last year

This video needs to be highlighted more. Edey is taking and making loads of threes and even some mid-range shots. A guy with his touch is bound to figure out his jumper. Brook Lopez only started to really hit threes at age 28, and I think Edey will figure it out in a couple years.

The other takeaway is that for a person who is 300 lbs he moves well. He tested better than Gobert at his combine and I only think Edey would be better this year, although I doubt he tests again.

It is weird that the draft community sees Clingan as a lottery pick over Edey. DC is a couple inches shorter and about 40 lbs lighter and has only averaged 22 mins 13/7.5 and 55% from the FT line and has had some weird foot tendon injuries. He is a special defender, but Edey is a larger, more physical, better conditioned athlete. It will be interesting to see who has a better career.

I don’t find it weird at all. Edey clearly won’t be able to move well enough to play defense at an NBA level while Clingan projects to do very well in that respect.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,566

Post#290 » by mtcan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:20 pm

The Boban comparisons are really lazy. Ya they are about the same height but Boban of today looks like his knees are about to give out any time he has to run. Zach at this moment runs the floor really well. Can't speak for what he might look like when he gets to Boban's age but lots of guys will look slow at 35.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,566

Post#291 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:32 pm

I rather take a flyer on Hansen Yang.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,175

Post#292 » by PoundTown » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:31 pm

mtcan wrote:The Boban comparisons are really lazy. Ya they are about the same height but Boban of today looks like his knees are about to give out any time he has to run. Zach at this moment runs the floor really well. Can't speak for what he might look like when he gets to Boban's age but lots of guys will look slow at 35.

He’s a tough player to forecast for sure. Last year we saw him really struggle defensively playing against the US in the bronze medal game, and I kind of wrote him off as a future boban. Then he came back much quicker this season and really improved athletically in a short period of time. One thing you have to give the kid, is his persistence and love for the game and compete level. I do, however, still see him as a boban plus in many ways. I think he has a 20 minute a game role or just certain situations that are going to roast him.

We saw JV fail to play in many fourth quarters, even though he was pretty dominant in the low post and on the boards and he was more mobile defensively than Zach. Also, had a great motor and love for the game and will to improve like Zach. The difference between Marc gasol and these two guys was lateral quicks and change of direction. Marc was pretty nimble for a bigger guy. Also, his IQ on that end.

Return to Toronto Raptors