ImageImageImageImageImage

Malachi ain't it...

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,301

Re: Malachi ain't it... 

Post#501 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:56 pm

Ell Curry wrote:Lowry coming back for the MLE this summer or as a buyout guy after the Heat trade him to get Lavine or something would be fun. He should fall off a cliff as he's 37 and small, but if he's playing 18 minutes a night behind Schroeder maybe he last another 2 years? At least we know he can shoot and take care of the ball.

Lowry is zipping around down here in that black Ferrari, playing golf pretty much anytime he can. He even started a luxury golf bag business. I'd be shocked if he signs with a team that is located somewhere he cannot golf year-round. By all accounts he's been very good with his money, so I think he would take less to play somewhere warm IF he in fact keeps playing.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,827

Post#502 » by dTox » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:11 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
agkagk wrote:The more flynn asserts himself the closer we get to players like precious not sucking again.

Theres a direct parallel to lowry leaving and precious sucking.

Flynn is just starting to build chemistry with trent, precious, etc

Greener pastures ahead for sure

I don't know if I believe this. Precious played one year with lowry and had a 47% two point percentage. I mean was lowry generating that many open looks for aciuwa for three? I don't really thinks so. If there was an advantage there I doubt it was distinctive. Aciuwa's been at over 55% from two the last two seasons (and his TS% has improved despite lack of 3s), hasn't stopped certain people on realgm from **** all over his play, not that you're one necessarily (though maybe).
Wait what?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,908

Post#503 » by agkagk » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:06 pm

djsunyc wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
agkagk wrote:The more flynn asserts himself the closer we get to players like precious not sucking again.

Theres a direct parallel to lowry leaving and precious sucking.

Flynn is just starting to build chemistry with trent, precious, etc

Greener pastures ahead for sure

I don't know if I believe this. Precious played one year with lowry and had a 47% two point percentage. I mean was lowry generating that many open looks for aciuwa for three? I don't really thinks so. If there was an advantage there I doubt it was distinctive. Aciuwa's been at over 55% from two the last two seasons (and his TS% has improved despite lack of 3s), hasn't stopped certain people on realgm from **** all over his play, not that you're one necessarily (though maybe).

precious was part of the lowry trade.

Omg i drank lmao

Edit: holy no prize! I legit just wrote one of the dumbest things on this forum in a good minute.

Youre welcome everyone! Lol
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,742

Post#504 » by Ell Curry » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:30 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:Lowry coming back for the MLE this summer or as a buyout guy after the Heat trade him to get Lavine or something would be fun. He should fall off a cliff as he's 37 and small, but if he's playing 18 minutes a night behind Schroeder maybe he last another 2 years? At least we know he can shoot and take care of the ball.

Lowry is zipping around down here in that black Ferrari, playing golf pretty much anytime he can. He even started a luxury golf bag business. I'd be shocked if he signs with a team that is located somewhere he cannot golf year-round. By all accounts he's been very good with his money, so I think he would take less to play somewhere warm IF he in fact keeps playing.

Fair point. He'd fit on Orlando too, and there's always Phoenix on the other side of the country, who could use 20-25 minutes a game at PG too.
Where's the D?
GP2
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,568

Post#505 » by GP2 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:59 am

MiamiSPX wrote:

Whoa, how did I not hear about these custom golf bags? There's a testimonial from Clint Eastwood lol. Kyle seems passionate for golf (and real estate --> WHO'S HOUSE???) so good for him.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,064

Post#506 » by Blazing_royale » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:27 am

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, Malachi still a third stringer. We need better talent, period.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,102

Post#507 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:36 am

Blazing_royale wrote:We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, Malachi still a third stringer. We need better talent, period.

Third stringer playing 2nd string minutes. Even showing some improvement this is still hurting the team compared to having a veteran PG.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,683

Post#508 » by johanliebert » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:38 pm

mrdressup wrote:I give him credit for not completely caving as a result of his own poor play. He's working hard to turn the corner. You can see that the effort is being made. Shot is starting to fall. I dislike that he has that "FVV walk the ball up the court and probe to nothing" game, but he learned from the worst.

i've never seen him probe at all. He comes up the court, hands it off to Scottie or another playmaker and runs to the corner. Even if he has a mismatch or an opportunity he comes off the ball. Not sure if hes been instructed to be passive or he just has no confidence. Flynn also played behind lowry and was a 4 year college player hes learned from many.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,366

Post#509 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:39 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Blazing_royale wrote:We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, Malachi still a third stringer. We need better talent, period.

Third stringer playing 2nd string minutes. Even showing some improvement this is still hurting the team compared to having a veteran PG.

Yeah we could still use a real backup PG. Monte Morris or Tyus Jones would be great targets.

He still has a chance to figure it out. Cam Payne took until year 6 to look serviceable.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,908

Post#510 » by agkagk » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:30 am

For all the haters:

https://youtu.be/AhINjHK0oZc?si=7thMFjlgIowtEIPH

And for all the defenders:

Malachai scored 50 and they still lost.

Also, atl’s defence clearly has earned its rep!

Return to Toronto Raptors