ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,630

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#881 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:59 am

TheRealDeal wrote:Anthony Edwards game/trajectory as a star reminds me so much of early 2000’s Vince Carter

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=8Evds9QVC4TEL0DTgBuPLg

He's already achieved way more than early 2000s Vince.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,674

Post#882 » by DG88 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am

Congrats to the Wolves. They've toiled in for a long while since KG. Good to see them finally see some success. This also ends the big three era in basketball.
TS Alley-oop
Sophomore
And1: 224

Post#883 » by TS Alley-oop » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:02 am

I greatly relish the continuing professional disappointments of American basketball player Joel Embiid. Every year, guaranteed.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,596

Post#884 » by Son Goku 25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:12 am

mdenny wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:Anthony Edwards game/trajectory as a star reminds me so much of early 2000’s Vince Carter

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=8Evds9QVC4TEL0DTgBuPLg

Really? I think Ant is far exceeding Vince.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong...but we were still like a 5 seed in the east during Vince' breakout year?

Then he was largely neutralized in the first round vs the knicks. Alvin Williams and Oakley were huge.

Then Vince definitely showed out in the second round vs the sixers but was ultimately outshined by Iverson.

So edwards already led his team to a top seed in a much harder conference. And already shined in a series win. Two things Vince never did.

Someone can correct me if Im wrong. It was a long time ago.

For all the talk about Vince this and Vince that. It really was mostly hype. We weren't playing winning basketball.

Our most glorious regular season was DEFINITELY the year after the chip. Kawhi left. Everyone counted us out. And then we proceeded to destroy the entire league before covid struck. Our best season ever. I was LOVING it especially in the wake of the kawhi thing.

Not saying who's better but wait until Ant actually faces good defense not soft ass phnx. He's still really young and will have growing pains, learning exp like any star in the past. Id argue those Knicks Carter faced were more physical and better defense.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,956

Post#885 » by Anticon » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:35 am

The success of these teams oriented around guard and big play makes me wonder about the decision to attach the franchise to Barnes.
RoteSchroder
Junior
And1: 218

Post#886 » by RoteSchroder » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

mdenny wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
mdenny wrote:
Really? I think Ant is far exceeding Vince.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong...but we were still like a 5 seed in the east during Vince' breakout year?

Then he was largely neutralized in the first round vs the knicks. Alvin Williams and Oakley were huge.

Then Vince definitely showed out in the second round vs the sixers but was ultimately outshined by Iverson.

So edwards already led his team to a top seed in a much harder conference. And already shined in a series win. Two things Vince never did.

Someone can correct me if Im wrong. It was a long time ago.

ANT has a far superior team. Just look at the names you’re typing out: Alvin Williams and Charles Oakley.

I don't know why you're down-playing Williams and Oakley.

Oakley was traded for Camby, a second overall draft pick in his second season. That tells you his worth at that time in context of 90s basketball. He was a GREAT frontcourt player. Not good, great.

Alvin was a respectable starting point guard who played the best ball of his life in that 5 game knicks series. He was the guy who won that series imo.

The game 5 win In NY is really the only notable 'win' our team had in the Vince years and he didn't even play well.

Man....all the Vince stuff was really just hype. We were barely above 500 during his superstar years. We weren't actually winning anything and the stuff we DID win....Vince wasn't playing like Ant is now.

Don't forget, back then it was rare for a team to have more than one all-star player on the roster. The Philly team that took us out wasn't stacked with stars either. Vince had a great team supporting him. Also a superior tactical coach.

There’s only one DPOY per year and 35+ year old Oakley doesn’t even come close.

Carter also had no secondary scorer like KAT (top 30 PPG in the league)

Christie might be relatively comparable to McDaniels, but he was only there for one playoff run.

A comparable situation might be a core of Dikembe + SAR + Christie along with some decent depth
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#887 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:48 am

KD’s people already leaking to Shams he’s not happy. What a clown this guy is.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,242

Post#888 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:52 am

2019nbachamps wrote:KD’s people already leaking to Shams he’s not happy. What a clown this guy is.

He, Curry and LeBron should just figure out a way to team up and form an oldhead superteam that the ESPN pundits will try and talk themselves into being a contender.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#889 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am

MiamiSPX wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:KD’s people already leaking to Shams he’s not happy. What a clown this guy is.

He, Curry and LeBron should just figure out a way to team up and form an oldhead superteam that the ESPN pundits will try and talk themselves into being a contender.

I think if LeBron forced his way out he could turn nearly any new team he joins into a contender. Returning to the Cavs would be a perfect fit. Guys like Steph, KD, AD can’t impact winning on their own.

Also I’d put Steph in his own category since he’s never ring chased or complained even when the Warriors have been bad.

KD is a complete joke of a human being:

1. Leaves OKC even though they were a win away from returning to the finals and lost to an all-time great 73-9 team

2. Joins said 73-9 team. Wins 2 rings easily and the team makes him the focal point. Then leaves because he doesn’t feel welcomed.

3. Forms a super team with the Nets. Demands out twice because things don’t go his way.

4. Forms another super team with the Suns. They get embarrassed two playoffs in a row. Now leaking to Shams he’s unhappy. How long before he quietly asks out again?
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,917

Post#890 » by Boardbreaker » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 pm

Really not sure where KD goes if he’s going to be asking for a trade. Knicks?
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,170

Post#891 » by HumbleRen » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:39 pm

RoteSchroder wrote:
mdenny wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
ANT has a far superior team. Just look at the names you’re typing out: Alvin Williams and Charles Oakley.

I don't know why you're down-playing Williams and Oakley.

Oakley was traded for Camby, a second overall draft pick in his second season. That tells you his worth at that time in context of 90s basketball. He was a GREAT frontcourt player. Not good, great.

Alvin was a respectable starting point guard who played the best ball of his life in that 5 game knicks series. He was the guy who won that series imo.

The game 5 win In NY is really the only notable 'win' our team had in the Vince years and he didn't even play well.

Man....all the Vince stuff was really just hype. We were barely above 500 during his superstar years. We weren't actually winning anything and the stuff we DID win....Vince wasn't playing like Ant is now.

Don't forget, back then it was rare for a team to have more than one all-star player on the roster. The Philly team that took us out wasn't stacked with stars either. Vince had a great team supporting him. Also a superior tactical coach.

There’s only one DPOY per year and 35+ year old Oakley doesn’t even come close.

Carter also had no secondary scorer like KAT (top 30 PPG in the league)

Christie might be relatively comparable to McDaniels, but he was only there for one playoff run.

A comparable situation might be a core of Dikembe + SAR + Christie along with some decent depth

I think Ant will eclipse Vince by the end of his career.

Vince is a great talent but he never maximized it. He hated the MJ comparisons and shied away from it. He never actualized his potential.

On the other hand, Ant embraces the Jordan comps. He wants to kill you when he’s on the court. Vince was an entertainer, a showmanship. Ant is a killer, a competitor.

He’s still younger than Scottie and averaged 30 against the defending champs last year and went toe to toe vs Booker/KD and looked like the best player on the court. He’s on a special trajectory.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,242

Post#892 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:50 pm

HumbleRen wrote:He’s still younger than Scottie and averaged 30 against the defending champs last year and went toe to toe vs Booker/KD and looked like the best player on the court. He’s on a special trajectory.

He also played even better once they were in Phoenix. Dropping 40 on the road in a clinching game is special, no matter how you slice it.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,672

Post#893 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 pm

patellar tendon injuries r no joke. my buddy had it few years ago , took 6 months to heal then a year of rehab
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,672

Post#894 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:20 pm

dirty
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,279

Post#895 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:

Raptors draft Bronny Jr, hire Dell Curry either as a bench coach or in the FO, and ask Drake to open up a room in his mansion for KD to live in.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#896 » by JB7 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 pm

Boardbreaker wrote:Really not sure where KD goes if he’s going to be asking for a trade. Knicks?

Question is whether KD is still try to win a ring with a team he leads, or would he just be happy to join forces again with other stars?

If I were the Knicks, I would stay away from KD. The vibes and performance for the team are good, and they can go after a lesser star like KAT, who will be happy to be the second star beside Brunson.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,472

Post#897 » by Scase » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:07 pm

dafan590 wrote:I still remember there were lots of bradley beal trade posts here during every offseason lol
where are they now? lmao

Someone suggested it like yesterday lmao.

Psubs wrote:
It's not working in Phoenix. Would we trade expirings for Bradley Beal? Grayson Allen can play more.

#31, Bruce Brown, Ochai Agbaji, Chris Boucher and McDaniels for #22, Beal and cash

PG IQ - Castle/JFL
SG Beal - Castle - Dick
SF Barrett - Dick - #19
PF Barnes - Barrett/Olynyk
C Poeltl - Olynyk - Chomche
Props TZ!
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,311

Post#898 » by Dalek » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 pm

Anticon wrote:The success of these teams oriented around guard and big play makes me wonder about the decision to attach the franchise to Barnes.

Barnes is a chaos maker when the fourth quarter happens scoring and changing the game defensively, and he has shown times where he can be a force the full game. He really is his own system that is different than any other stars.

I still think he needs better bigs than Poeltl and KO. Right now we just don't have enough scoring around him. It is not on Barnes to score 30+ a game, but we should have 10 PPG from other rotation guys on the floor. Toronto has a talent gap.
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,122

Post#899 » by LarSiN » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 pm

Anticon wrote:The success of these teams oriented around guard and big play makes me wonder about the decision to attach the franchise to Barnes.

Really? Building around Scottie is the one thing I'm sure of
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,261

Post#900 » by sidsid » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 pm

Hey look it's a Nick Nurse team experiencing a disaster when not all of their starters are on the floor. Too bad there isn't an 82 game regular season to figure these things out.

Read on Twitter
?t=EVx3tjB_VduxT1sAN7nPUw&s=19

Return to Toronto Raptors