ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,443

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#41 » by Asif16 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:09 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:I think CP3 goes back to phx on a minimum & becomes their starting PG & PHx runs it back.

I think Klay stays and GSW shops Wiggins

I think philly misses out on PG or LBJ & I really don't know what they do with their capspace.

Where on earth does Tobias Harris ends up? who pays him this summer?

Can totally see Detroit offering the bag. Ownership wants to win now.

I can also see the Orlando Magic potentially
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,388

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#42 » by JB7 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:11 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:I think CP3 goes back to phx on a minimum & becomes their starting PG & PHx runs it back.

I think philly misses out on PG or LBJ & I really don't know what they do with their capspace.

If LBJ stays in LA, I could actually see CP3 join the Lakers.
JB7
Analyst

Post#43 » by JB7 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:12 pm

Asif16 wrote:

Can totally see Detroit offering the bag. Ownership wants to win now.

I can also see the Orlando Magic potentially

If Detroit is dumb enough to give Harris a big contract after his current performance, they deserve to remain at the bottom of the league.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,630

Post#44 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed May 1, 2024 8:24 pm

Also, OKC has a boat load of FRPs and will want to offload them for cheap so they dont have to pay rookies $3M+ a year to warm the bench and have their development stunted. Perhaps we can work something out with them. Last year they traded a FRP and 2RP for a Denver 2029 2RP to avoid this predicament: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37826075/sources-nuggets-get-package-picks-deal-thunder
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,630

Post#45 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed May 1, 2024 8:26 pm

JB7 wrote:

If LBJ stays in LA, I could actually see CP3 join the Lakers.

I think there is bad blood between Phoenix and CP3. Also CP3 knows he can't turn that team into a contender.
JB7
Analyst

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season 

Post#46 » by JB7 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:35 pm

Dalek wrote:
ontnut wrote:
JB7 wrote:
OKC actually makes a lot of sense for KD. Can go back, and hopefully appease the fans that were upset with him leaving the first time, like LeBron in Cleveland. He just wouldn't be the #1 option there, and would he be able to handle that?

He's not the #1 option in PHX and he's complaining. Though to be fair, being a #2 to a legit MVP candidate is probably more tolerable than being #2 to Booker. They're also a much more balanced team.

While in theory I think it would work, I don't think Presti wants anything to do with KD at this point in his career. Their young core seems to work very well together and throwing in a potentially disgruntled KD, and shipping out multiple parts of their core might screw everything up .

I hate that idea. OKC is a number one seed the way they are and don't really need to take a big swing with an old player. If we have learned anything about these playoffs, the veteran guys (other than Bron) wear down by the playoffs.

It is about trying to maximize the window of opportunity for them to win before their core 3 eat up all the salary cap flex.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,046

Post#47 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed May 1, 2024 8:45 pm

6ixpessant wrote:I feel sorry for whoever takes on Trae.

Why? He's still a really good offensive player - elite shooter and playmaker.

He'd be PERFECT fit on the Spurs.

Wemby and Vassell can cover Trae's defensive lapses.

Keldon Johnson + Tre Jones + Graham/Collins + Draft Pick(s) for Trae
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,091

Post#48 » by ontnut » Wed May 1, 2024 9:25 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:I feel sorry for whoever takes on Trae.

Why? He's still a really good offensive player - elite shooter and playmaker.

He'd be PERFECT fit on the Spurs.

Wemby and Vassell can cover Trae's defensive lapses.

Keldon Johnson + Tre Jones + Graham/Collins + Draft Pick(s) for Trae

Trae to SA makes so much sense for both teams I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Trae is a very good but flawed player. The issue in ATL is they didn't adjust their roster to work with his weaknesses, and then they traded for Murray who overlaps with a lot of Trae's skills. Kinda like the scoring guard version of what the Raptors tried with Scottie and Pascal.
ontnut
RealGM

Post#49 » by ontnut » Wed May 1, 2024 9:35 pm

JB7 wrote:
Dalek wrote:
ontnut wrote:He's not the #1 option in PHX and he's complaining. Though to be fair, being a #2 to a legit MVP candidate is probably more tolerable than being #2 to Booker. They're also a much more balanced team.

While in theory I think it would work, I don't think Presti wants anything to do with KD at this point in his career. Their young core seems to work very well together and throwing in a potentially disgruntled KD, and shipping out multiple parts of their core might screw everything up .

I hate that idea. OKC is a number one seed the way they are and don't really need to take a big swing with an old player. If we have learned anything about these playoffs, the veteran guys (other than Bron) wear down by the playoffs.

It is about trying to maximize the window of opportunity for them to win before their core 3 eat up all the salary cap flex.

OKC just doesn't have the contracts to make it work.
Dort 16.5, Giddey 8.3, Kenrich 6.6, Cason 5.5, Dieng 5 mil. That's still only about $42mil in contracts. Durant alone is $51m. They'd have to sign and trade Hayward (min 3 years) to make up the difference, but assuming they don't trade ALL 5 of those guys named, the contract they'd need to sign Hayward to would be deemed a bad contract (he's worth around $15-16m.) I'm also assuming they'd be hesitant to trade Dort since he's their primary guard/wing defender. They obviously have the picks to get it done...(holy sh*t OKC has 35 picks between now and 2030...holy moly, that's an average of 5 a year lol, meanwhile PHX has 2. TWO PICKS in 5 years). And no, OKC has zero Trade exceptions.

The trade would be:
Giddey, K Williams, Wallace, Dieng, and a S&T Hayward at $75m/3y, plus 3 1st rounders of various quality for Durant.
If the trade was just the 4 players and picks, it might be a fair deal seeing as Giddy, Wallace and Dieng are all lottery picks, it's the equivalent of 6 1st rounders going out for Durant. But that Hayward deal that they would NEED to include, is UGLY. That's probably worth at least another 1st to take on, if not 2. Would OKC give up 3-5 1st rounders plus Giddey, K Williams, Wallace, Dieng? Is that even worth it?

The other option would be to include Dort and a S&T Hayward at fair value $45m/3y, and keep one of Kenrich/Cason/Dieng.

PHX traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, 4 first-round draft picks and a 2028 first-round pick swap to get Durant, that's about 6.5 1st rounders worth of value.

I'm not sure how either team values the various OKC assets, but it does seem like a complete gut of their depth.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,946

Post#50 » by Merit » Wed May 1, 2024 10:25 pm

JB7 wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:Original topic was to project where some of these guys may land or interesting destinations for them. I’ll get the ball rolling.

KD to OKC for Giddey, Wallace and picks

OKC actually makes a lot of sense for KD. Can go back, and hopefully appease the fans that were upset with him leaving the first time, like LeBron in Cleveland. He just wouldn't be the #1 option there, and would he be able to handle that?

He would be the 1B, and I think Shai would hand him the reins in most contexts.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,946

Post#51 » by Merit » Wed May 1, 2024 10:26 pm

ontnut wrote:
JB7 wrote:
Dalek wrote:

Dort 16.5, Giddey 8.3, Kenrich 6.6, Cason 5.5, Dieng 5 mil. That's still only about $42mil in contracts. Durant alone is $51m. They'd have to sign and trade Hayward (min 3 years) to make up the difference, but assuming they don't trade ALL 5 of those guys named, the contract they'd need to sign Hayward to would be deemed a bad contract (he's worth around $15-16m.) I'm also assuming they'd be hesitant to trade Dort since he's their primary guard/wing defender. They obviously have the picks to get it done...(holy sh*t OKC has 35 picks between now and 2030...holy moly, that's an average of 5 a year lol, meanwhile PHX has 2. TWO PICKS in 5 years). And no, OKC has zero Trade exceptions.

The trade would be:
Giddey, K Williams, Wallace, Dieng, and a S&T Hayward at $75m/3y, plus 3 1st rounders of various quality for Durant.
If the trade was just the 4 players and picks, it might be a fair deal seeing as Giddy, Wallace and Dieng are all lottery picks, it's the equivalent of 6 1st rounders going out for Durant. But that Hayward deal that they would NEED to include, is UGLY. That's probably worth at least another 1st to take on, if not 2. Would OKC give up 3-5 1st rounders plus Giddey, K Williams, Wallace, Dieng? Is that even worth it?

The other option would be to include Dort and a S&T Hayward at fair value $45m/3y, and keep one of Kenrich/Cason/Dieng.

PHX traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, 4 first-round draft picks and a 2028 first-round pick swap to get Durant, that's about 6.5 1st rounders worth of value.

I'm not sure how either team values the various OKC assets, but it does seem like a complete gut of their depth.

Good thing the Raps have the contracts and cap space to facilitate a trade for KD and absorb picks along the way.
I believe in Masai.
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,559

Post#52 » by TheAlchemist23 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:20 pm

Ingram <-> Jarrett Allen makes sense for both Cleveland and New Orleans
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,671

Post#53 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 1, 2024 11:24 pm

Ishbia is doubling down. Don't expect PHX to move anyone.
Pelicans will make moves Griff admitted it few days ago
Lebron is staying in LA
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,611

Post#54 » by Ackshun » Wed May 1, 2024 11:27 pm

Merit wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Merit wrote:
Our FO has one of the best in the game in Alex McKechnie. We need shot creation and scoring. If he comes at a discounted rate, now is the time to take action.

I like Ingram as a player but I don’t see the fit. Add the contract extension likely north of 35 mill and it doesn’t make any sense to me. Especially giving up assets too, which is already very limited.

This sounds like..let’s get a good player for the sake of getting a good player. It handcuffs us financially moving forward and Ingram is not the missing piece to a contender. His salary will limit us finding those pieces.

Obi Toppin and Kris Dunn. Full it out with our 3 draft picks and I’m good for another year of development.

I’m open to any and all options to improve our team this offseason and moving forward. If Ingram isn’t deemed worthy by the FO - so be it. I’m biased in favour of reclamation projects, solid ROI and cool storylines, hence wiggins.

Ingram has the potential for reclamation due to injury, and may be undervalued after a playoff loss so meets 2 out of the 3 criteria above. If I were New Orleans, I’d be looking to move on from Zion instead and rebuild around the youth they have - including Ingram. Speaking of which, I would move our lotto first, Brown, and the expiring contracts of Boucher and McDaniels for Zion. Zion would meet 3 of the 3 above given the huge potential upside and equally huge potential of flopping. He’s also got star power and thus the storyline as well.

Obi Toppin is meh. Kris Dunn is a solid backup pg with elite defensive stats and an inability to shoot. Not averse to that idea at the right price. If we keep our picks and draft a backup PG I’m good too.

I'd be down for Zion if we don't give up the pick to SA and can move it here. Hard to see how we'd be the highest bidder for either Zion or Ingram though.

I only say Obi because he'll come relatively cheap. Kris Dunn, while not a lights-out shooter, isn't the piss poor shooter he was when he came into the league.

Zion would be deadly though. He played 70 games this year?!?!?! holy that's impressive.

I like having the financial flexibility to absorb contracts in the right situation.
JB7
Analyst

Post#55 » by JB7 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:01 am

ontnut wrote:
JB7 wrote:
Dalek wrote:

The trade would be:

OKC has 12 players signed for a total of $103M. Salary cap is $141M. If they trade Giddy, Wallace, Dieng and K. Williams, they would be moving out over $25M. Wouldn't the contracts moved plus the space be enough to absorb Durant's $51M?

They have $60M in cap holds, but $47M of that is Hayward who they could resign at a much smaller number, or just renounce.

In terms of trading draft picks, OKC has got to start moving them, because they cannot roster them all.

As long as a deal doesn't touch any of their core 3, who are they really losing that would matter so much? Even if they included Dort in the deal, with Nurkic coming back to add a bit of size to their front court, it looks like it could be a fit.
JB7
Analyst

Post#56 » by JB7 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:17 am

WuTang_OG wrote:Ishbia is doubling down. Don't expect PHX to move anyone.
Lebron is staying in LA

I think Ishbia is bluffing, if he is giving indications he won't move anyone. Fast forward a year, the Suns are probably in the exact same place, except Durant is a year older and has one year left on his deal.

If Durant wants to be traded, and a team like OKC is interested, I think a deal would go down.

It is two years in a row the Suns have done nothing significant in the playoffs, and they don't have enough assets to risk holding onto Durant for too long.

And if Booker wants out, they can move him to the Nets for all of their picks and swaps back, along with the 'player' known as Ben Simmons :lol:
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,671

Post#57 » by WuTang_OG » Thu May 2, 2024 12:24 am

JB7 wrote:
Lebron is staying in LA

I think Ishbia is bluffing, if he is giving indications he won't move anyone. Fast forward a year, the Suns are probably in the exact same place, except Durant is a year older and has one year left on his deal.

If Durant wants to be traded, and a team like OKC is interested, I think a deal would go down.

It is two years in a row the Suns have done nothing significant in the playoffs, and they don't have enough assets to risk holding onto Durant for too long.

And if Booker wants out, they can move him to the Nets for all of their picks and swaps back, along with the 'player' known as Ben Simmons :lol:

Nah not bluffing. He's an oblivious owner. He's still in phase 1
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,242

Post#58 » by MiamiSPX » Thu May 2, 2024 12:58 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
JB7 wrote:
Lebron is staying in LA

Nah not bluffing. He's an oblivious owner. He's still in phase 1

100% He's still on a bender and will need an intervention next summer if it fails spectacularly again.
ontnut
RealGM

Post#59 » by ontnut » Thu May 2, 2024 2:05 am

JB7 wrote:
ontnut wrote:
JB7 wrote:

The trade would be:

OKC has 12 players signed for a total of $103M. Salary cap is $141M. If they trade Giddy, Wallace, Dieng and K. Williams, they would be moving out over $25M. Wouldn't the contracts moved plus the space be enough to absorb Durant's $51M?

They have $60M in cap holds, but $47M of that is Hayward who they could resign at a much smaller number, or just renounce.

In terms of trading draft picks, OKC has got to start moving them, because they cannot roster them all.

As long as a deal doesn't touch any of their core 3, who are they really losing that would matter so much? Even if they included Dort in the deal, with Nurkic coming back to add a bit of size to their front court, it looks like it could be a fit.

They'd have to trade those guys for no salary coming back. Would a team like the Raptors facilitate that deal and send them back a 1st or two? I dno.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,203

Post#60 » by Tor_Raps » Thu May 2, 2024 4:26 am

Obviously not a big name but I think Dwight Powell would be a good add as a backup Center. We can slowly build Team Canada with Barnes and IQ loll.

Return to Toronto Raptors