ImageImageImageImageImage

Your Realsitic Raptors Offseason

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Re: Your Realsitic Raptors Offseason 

Post#181 » by Ell Curry » Mon May 13, 2024 11:37 pm

I wonder if the Kings would do Lyles + Vezenkov + Mitchell + #13 for Bruce Brown + #19.

He'd play 30 minutes for them, they can still do something like Barnes + Duarte + 1st rounder for Jerami Grant, throw out Sabonis-Jerami Grant-Keegan Murray-Bruce Brown-Huerter-KeonEllis-Fox as a top 7 and pray everyone is healthy and a backup center can be found in free agency and then the top 6 playing 35 minutes a night means only 30 minutes or so for Keon Ellis and maybe a random PG who can do some stuff offensively filling the rest. Maybe draft Holmes at 19, play 5 out with no real backup center and you can sign a PG who doesn't suck instead.
Where's the D?
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,647

Post#182 » by Rapsalot » Tue May 14, 2024 12:02 am

Now that we don’t have top 6 pick we can look at this better. I agree with the Original Poster’s needs PG backup Wing D-3 and Big.

I believe you might get some value from draft picks but rotation maybe not first year?

I would try this: Bruce B + Chris B + 2027 second = Andrew W + Moses M + 2027 first. I think this is a win for both teams to meet their short term goals and GSW less long Money and helps Toronto with depth where needed. I assume Gary will be too expensive for us.

Draft picks I would target 19: Tyler Smith, Devin Carter, Kel’el Ware (he could get some mins now with KO at PF maybe)
Draft picks I would look at 31: Ulrich Chomche if not Ware at 19? Ryan Dunn who would be athletic lockdown defender for bench. Put him with G Dick and you are solid.

Free Agents: So, with our trade bringing in 2 wings I would focus on PG and Big and I feel Draft picks will be developing mostly in 24-25 season: PG I go Delon Wright I know others want Monte M or Tyus J and I like them too but feel the money and role might be best fit with Delon. As a big I go with Jalen Smith I think he is more of a possible than Obi. If you wanted a C maybe pay Mo Bamba a few Mil and he could play at C and KO more at PF behind SB. Some of this depends on Draft and trades draft night.

24 start: PG: IQ Delon W Devin Carter SG: RJB Moses M Javon F-L SF: Andrew W Gradey D OA PF: SB KO J McDaniels C JP Jalen Smith Ulrich Chomche.

I would see if we would pay G Temple or Otto P if they wanted to join bench to be non play vet? Maybe you see if JN wants a two way? Same with Chomche?

I think our top 10 players fit better and could surprise some people next year even is a top 8 is not great but building.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,576

Post#183 » by Tor_Raps » Tue May 14, 2024 12:38 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Being near the tax line does not mean anything. Every year there is a number of teams there.

It means you aren't in a position that most true rebuilding teams should be in. Being well under the cap gives you another avenue to improve your team. Since we aren't even going to have our own pick after this pathetic season, it would have been nice to have some hope.

And what do those teams use that cap space on, eh?

Tons of rebuilding teams are near the cap every single year. Being right at the cap or near the tax line does not really matter in single season samples. Especially when you have potentially $40M coming off the books if we want it to be.

Like I said, it limits you from being able to add important pieces to to help with the rebuild. Since we don't even have our pick this season, there is very little hope to sell the fanbase on being able to turn things around.

Now I'm not saying it can't be done but the only other avenue this leaves is making a great trade. Masai hasn't had the best luck in that department lately but we're all hoping it changes asap. None of us want to go through another season of what we just watched.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,843

Post#184 » by Raps in 4 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:49 am

I don't see us making any moves this off-season.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#185 » by agkagk » Tue May 14, 2024 12:55 am

Realistic prediction: trents gone and dicks getting half of his minutes.

Brown gets traded for a different veteran 3 and d wing

We sign a veteran back up point guard.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,754

Post#186 » by DG88 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:08 am

Raps in 4 wrote:I don't see us making any moves this off-season.

I feel the same. We make out pick selections, maybe trade Brown for a player plus a future pick and re-sign Quickley and Temple. After that I don't see us doing much.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,863

Post#187 » by WuTang_OG » Tue May 14, 2024 2:30 am

This off-season will be a big zero. There won't be much activity other than the draft.

Important thing is growing all our players
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 941

Post#188 » by rapluva » Tue May 14, 2024 4:16 am

I hope we get Toppin or even Jalen Smith in free agency..Tyus Jones as a backup pg
Loso04
Pro Prospect
And1: 241

Post#189 » by Loso04 » Fri May 24, 2024 10:02 pm

Sign Saddiq Bey to play the backup 3.
Get rid of Brown, Boucher, McDaniels and Trent.
Draft a backup 1 and 5.

Quickley/ Draft pick
Dick/Agbaji
Barrett/Bey
Barnes/Olynyk
Poeltl/ Draft pick
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,793

Post#190 » by metafisical » Fri May 24, 2024 11:21 pm

Loso04 wrote:Sign Saddiq Bey to play the backup 3.
Get rid of Brown, Boucher, McDaniels and Trent.
Draft a backup 1 and 5.

Quickley/ Draft pick
Dick/Agbaji
Barrett/Bey
Barnes/Olynyk
Poeltl/ Draft pick

Looks good to me. Load manage Barnes, Poeltl, Barrett and Quickley for half the games (contusions, personal reasons, muscle aches, and religious reasons), limit them to 20 minutes per game when they do play, and 2024-25 should be an awesome year. Oh, and tell Poeltl and Barnes to foul out every game by the middle of the first quarter.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,300

Post#191 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:53 am

rapluva wrote:I hope we get Toppin or even Jalen Smith in free agency..Tyus Jones as a backup pg

That’s why I am cool with letting Bruce walk to free up cap space. I feel like some posters are really over-valuing Bruce and what he can bring back.
agkagk
Analyst

Post#192 » by agkagk » Sun May 26, 2024 1:07 am

DG88 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:I don't see us making any moves this off-season.

I feel the same. We make out pick selections, maybe trade Brown for a player plus a future pick and re-sign Quickley and Temple. After that I don't see us doing much.

A third to half the roster is going to turn over

Operation trade siakam for veterans that compliment scottie isnt done yet.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,647

Post#193 » by Rapsalot » Sun May 26, 2024 1:14 am

I made one before but certainly there are more moves on a chess board and I’m sure MU & BW will have others too.

Bruce Brown + 19th pick to Kings = Harrison Barnes +13th pick to Raptors. The players are almost same value now but Bruce is 4 years younger and although more $ this year is less long money. We would not get a late first for Bruce rather trade up 6 picks.

Jakob P = Josh Giddey + Jaylin Williams + 12 th pick. I understand some may say OKC giving up too much but Jakob is the only proven talent in trade and would fit their roster very well. That moves Chet to PF and Jalen Williams to SF. They can start Lou or Isaiah Joe and go from a small weak team to bigger immediately with two 7’ players so they can play both big and small. OKC wants to go deeper in playoffs all of the Cs in draft 2-3 years away from being playoff ready but Jak is there now.

This draft has many bigger wings and PGs in the 12th and 13 pick area. I would take one asset to fill a hole. Backup PG now and or SF D-3 in a year or two and they can learn behind Harrison B.
The other pick I take Yves Missi (Note I don’t feel Zach E will be a good long term starter). Now could he start? Yes, will he have health no one know? People for years have talked about Nic Claxton or Jarrett Allen and Yves M is a guy that projects to be slightly better than either one.
I would not resign GTJ I would rather go after a Isaiah Hartenstein to give Yves some time to develop and maybe a vet PG depending on who we draft at 12 or 31
KO can give us backup PF and or a little C time. That leaves Chris B Jalen M to move.

Pg IQ vet FA JFL pick 31 Two-way Sg RJ JG GD Sf Harrison B GD Pick 12 PF SB KO OA C IH YM Jaylin W
One way to look at this is play Josh G at backup PG and not sign FA vet? This would be a new team and go for growth, and competition.
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,180

Post#194 » by billy_hoyle » Sun May 26, 2024 4:06 am

Bruce Brown into space for a future pick/move up.

Option 1:
Pat Williams in FA, PG and C in the draft (Carter/McCain and Ware/Messi/Edey/Holmes/Flip) let Tolzman and Masai choose.

Option 2:
Draft 2 bigs (Ware and Holmes for example)
Sign SF (Bey) and PG (Melton) at ~ 13 - 18m each.
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,477

Post#195 » by TRik » Sun May 26, 2024 4:44 am

Trade Brown and Jakob for whatever value you can get back.
‘Silly rabbit’
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,477

Post#196 » by TRik » Sun May 26, 2024 4:46 am

billy_hoyle wrote:Bruce Brown into space for a future pick/move up.

Option 1:
Pat Williams in FA, PG and C in the draft (Carter/McCain and Ware/Messi/Edey/Holmes/Flip) let Tolzman and Masai choose.

Option 2:
Draft 2 bigs (Ware and Holmes for example)
Sign SF (Bey) and PG (Melton) at ~ 13 - 18m each.

I’d take a flyer on possible PWill redemption, but I think you gotta overpay to get him and so may not be worth it.
‘Silly rabbit’
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,559

Post#197 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 26, 2024 4:55 am

TRik wrote:Trade Brown and Jakob for whatever value you can get back.

I agree. Cash in on the 2025 pick while we can. I doubt ownership see's it this way though.
agkagk
Analyst

Post#198 » by agkagk » Sun May 26, 2024 1:42 pm

Reach and Draft Bronny at 19

Sign lebron

Sign tyus jones or monte morris

Sign a cheap rim runner, idk, jaxton hayes?

Rj quick lbj barnes jakub
Dick monte acbaji kelly hayes

Ship!

Seriously:

Im still on the boucher+brown+stuff for wiggins+moody+stuff bandwagon

Wiggins and jakub insulate our big three.

Dick/moody/achaji gets most of the wing bench minutes. insulate them with monte morris/tyus jones and kelly.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,004
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#199 » by will » Sun May 26, 2024 1:55 pm

Just don't trade away the FRP.

It's a very low bar. Low expectations.
Landomar
Bench Warmer
And1: 375

Post#200 » by Landomar » Sun May 26, 2024 2:32 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:This off-season will be a big zero. There won't be much activity other than the draft.

Important thing is growing all our players

My guess is that this is what will happen. I expect us to draft a couple of players (at 19 and 31), sign a UDFA, and sign one other low level veteran as a FA. These new players will replace Trent, Nwora, Temple, and the open roster spot that we were using 10 day contracts on.

Quickley / PG we draft / random veteran PG who isn't very good
Barrett / Brown / Freeman-Liberty
Agbaji / Dick / McDaniels
Barnes / Olynyk / Boucher
Poeltl / Big we draft / UDFA big

For two way contracts we have Carton, Gueye, and a spot for someone who impresses in summer league.

Even with only minor changes this summer, we'd be looking at almost an entirely new roster compared to a couple of seasons ago. I think management wants to focus on developing the guys they already have, unless an unexpected opportunity arises that is too good to pass up.

Return to Toronto Raptors