ImageImageImageImageImage

Isiah living in a dream? Dillusional?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

trellaine201
Junior
And1: 3

Isiah living in a dream? Dillusional? 

Post#1 » by trellaine201 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:55 pm

What world is Isiah living on anyways? His quotes are priceless:

His latest on winning a championship: ""I know people will laugh even more at me, but I'm hell bent on getting this accomplished and making sure that we get it done,"

:rofl:

I truly believe he is dillusional. :crazy:
GideonRapfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 13

Post#2 » by GideonRapfan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:08 pm

I miss the Knicks. The tough, defensive-minded Knicks of the Kurt Thomas, Spreewell, Houston era. Even the brief time when Ewing and Bernard King played together, though I was too young to fully appreciate it.

They were my favourite team before 95, when the Raps came along.

Just a damn shame, really.

Isiah and Marbury and Dolan must have some fun in the office together, though they'd probably need one of these to avoid setting off the MSG smoke detectors:

bobbyp3588
Senior
And1: 509

Post#3 » by bobbyp3588 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:13 pm

They are like 8-23...they'd have to go something like 36-15 from here on out to even make the playoffs! Not even Zeke is crazy enough to think that possible, therefore he must be really confident in his job security, cuz he must be talking about winning a 'ship a couple years down the road.
I doubt he's still coaching next week, let alone next year...
Dolan needs to do the city of NY a big favour and fire Thomas ASAP. Let Grunwald try and right the ship...he's obviously a much smarter man than Isiah.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Post#4 » by C Court » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:16 pm

Its delusional.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,290

Post#5 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:30 pm

I'm not sure if Zeke is delusional... I think he may be really stupid and foolish. He is the Ralph Wiggum of the NBA.

hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#6 » by hoop_head » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:35 pm

The Knicks are FUBAR, and keeping Thomas on as coach & GM is only going to make things worse in New York.
Raptorman_ca
Senior
And1: 67

Post#7 » by Raptorman_ca » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:08 pm

I watch the MSG Knicks telecasts as much as the Raptors.

Walt "Clyde" Fraizer is great at commentary. He pulls NO punches.

Last night he was saying that the opposing team players and coaches were telling him after games that they cant believe how the Knicks just "give up" after they are down.

And you have to find the interview they played at half. The one that trellaine201 got his quote from. Thomas IS delusional. And how he has a job is a mystery to everyone.

I HEART the Knicks.
Air Canada
RealGM
And1: 7,556

Post#8 » by Air Canada » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:29 pm

I dont like the Knicks but its a shame that Isaiah is driving that franchise into the ground
smokersarejokers
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#9 » by smokersarejokers » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:35 pm

bobbyp3588 wrote:They are like 8-23...they'd have to go something like 36-15 from here on out to even make the playoffs! Not even Zeke is crazy enough to think that possible, therefore he must be really confident in his job security, cuz he must be talking about winning a 'ship a couple years down the road.

"I believe in (the team) and I believe that this is also the time that you can make serious mistakes with your roster that could set you back another three, four years," Thomas said.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Chuck Swirsky wrote:Leo, Is Bargnani really traveling, or is it just that the refs aren't used to a big-man that moves this quick?

That explains everything... Apparently Bargnani is just too quick for the refs. :rofl:
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,290

Post#10 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:43 pm

Air Canada wrote:I dont like the Knicks but its a shame that Isaiah is driving that franchise into the ground

I'm not sure a GM exists that could turn that mess around in less than 5 seasons.

It is a shame - because Knicks fans are knowledgeable on basketball - Just think though - it could always be worse...
Like the Maple Leafs not winning the Stanley Cup for over 40 years, or England not making it to a World Cup final in 40 + years.

Or the Chicago Cubs going 99-100 years without a champioship.
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#11 » by Birth of the Cool » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:25 pm

...looking back, the best thing to happen to this franchise was Isiah Thomas falling flat on his face for the ownership bid of the Raptors

It's a shame one of the great NBA cities/teams has a mgmt team of Dolan/Thomas with both seemingly content with the disarray of this hallowed franchise.

Thomas is like a Sony Playstation Mgr., grabbing the 'big names' & plugging them into the team without any notion of the pieces will fix. He's the anti-Colangelo
from24ft
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: doing funnels and the kozak dance at the company picnic

Post#12 » by from24ft » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:30 pm

smokersarejokers wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

"I believe in (the team) and I believe that this is also the time that you can make serious mistakes with your roster that could set you back another three, four years," Thomas said.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow! He is worrying about messing his team up? How much worse can it get? Imagine if he ruins the chemistry, they just might lose 40 in a row.
GideonRapfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 13

Post#13 » by GideonRapfan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:36 pm

from24ft wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow! He is worrying about messing his team up? How much worse can it get? Imagine if he ruins the chemistry, they just might lose 40 in a row.

Well, on the RealGM front page, there is a story about how the Knicks want to trade Balkman for Artest, but the Kings want Nate and Lee.

Adding Artest to this team would make things just that much more fun.
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#14 » by JD225 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:08 pm

Thomas loves his lifetime losers. NO draft pick is going to turn that franchise around with bums like Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Marbury and Crawful around. It's just impossible. If they add Artest they will be even worse. There is no hope if they rebuild WITH Thomas.

I honestly feel the team they had in summer league was better than their current team.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#15 » by JohnVancouver » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:51 pm

[quote="Yuri Vaultin"]-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not sure a GM exists that could turn that mess around in less than 5 seasons.

Zeke has managed to put together the highest-paid expansion team in NBA history.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,049

Post#16 » by The_Hater » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:57 pm

Centre Court wrote:Its delusional.

Narrsisistic. He's very slow to recognize and fix his own mistakes and has honestly convinced himself that everything he has done will work out if he's given enough time.
La princesa
Junior
And1: 3

Re: Isiah living in a dream? Dillusional? 

Post#17 » by La princesa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:13 am

trellaine201 wrote:What world is Isiah living on anyways? His quotes are priceless:

His latest on winning a championship: ""I know people will laugh even more at me, but I'm hell bent on getting this accomplished and making sure that we get it done,"

:rofl:

I truly believe he is dillusional. :crazy:

It didn't take a thread to know that he is .... :rofl: .

Return to Toronto Raptors