ImageImageImageImageImage

Biggest team surprises and disappointments for U this year?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,049

Post#21 » by The_Hater » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:05 pm

Surprises? Orlando, Portland and the Lakers. Like most, I thought Portland wouldn't win more than 30 and I predicted the Magic and the Lakers to both miss the playoffs. Oops

Disappointments? Chicago and Houston. I'm pretty sure that Chicago caught just about everyone off-guard.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
David_edlp
Junior
And1: 2

Post#22 » by David_edlp » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:22 pm

Suprise- Moon, Delfino, Atlanta, Portland, Chirs Paul..

Dissapointment- Houston, Charlotte, Chicago, Garbo & Bargs
deknow
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#23 » by deknow » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:24 pm

Surprises- Portland(though I think they will soon fall back), Boston(I knew they'd be good just not this good), Lakers(He can win games by himself!)

Disappointments- Chicago(Hinrich stinks he REALLY sitnks), Bargnani(he needs to justify his selection soon) Ford(that injury ruined a possible all star campaign just hope when he returns he picks up where he left off)
peteyjones13
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#24 » by peteyjones13 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:44 pm

surprise- atlanta, portland

dissapointment-miami, chicago(but not really a dissapointment cuz ive been happy about it. Well I'm different to Chicago, but I've loved Miami's suckage.)
La princesa
Junior
And1: 3

Post#25 » by La princesa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:14 am

peteyjones13 wrote:surprise- atlanta, portland

dissapointment-miami, chicago(but not really a dissapointment cuz ive been happy about it. Well I'm different to Chicago, but I've loved Miami's suckage.)
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#26 » by Homer Jay » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:43 am

Raps Surprises: Hump, Moon

As expected: Bosh (after slow start that is), T.J., Jose, AP, Rasho, Kapono, and Delfino.

Disappointments: Bargs, Joey (thought he might turn it on this year, but forget it, he's NOT NBA material).

N/A (don't play enough to warrant a ranking): D-Mart, Dix, and Baston.

League Surprises: Players: Brandon Roy, David West (again), John Salmons (aww crap), Kaman.

Teams: Portland, Atlanta

League Disappointments: Players: Randolph (what's the **** point of having him and Eddy Curry on the same team.... they are virtually the same player and both are blackholes), Rookie Class esp. Durant (he might score 20 a game but his percentages are terrible and he puts up virtually no rebounds or assists. He's closer to Antoine Walker or Isiah Rider than the players he was first compared to).

Teams: Miami, Chicago, Cleveland, New York, NJN, Milwaukee... heck virtually the entire Eastern conference "second rung" of good teams except for Toronto, Orlando and maybe make a case for Washington and Indy. Out west the Rockets (T-mac finding yet another group of players to place his poor clutch play on)
rocket2981
Senior
And1: 24

Post#27 » by rocket2981 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:02 am

Homer Jay wrote:Raps Surprises: Hump, Moon

As expected: Bosh (after slow start that is), T.J., Jose, AP, Rasho, Kapono, and Delfino.

Disappointments: Bargs, Joey (thought he might turn it on this year, but forget it, he's NOT NBA material).

N/A (don't play enough to warrant a ranking): D-Mart, Dix, and Baston.

League Surprises: Players: Brandon Roy, David West (again), John Salmons (aww crap), Kaman.

Teams: Portland, Atlanta

League Disappointments: Players: Randolph (what's the **** point of having him and Eddy Curry on the same team.... they are virtually the same player and both are blackholes), Rookie Class esp. Durant (he might score 20 a game but his percentages are terrible and he puts up virtually no rebounds or assists. He's closer to Antoine Walker or Isiah Rider than the players he was first compared to).

Teams: Miami, Chicago, Cleveland, New York, NJN, Milwaukee... heck virtually the entire Eastern conference "second rung" of good teams except for Toronto, Orlando and maybe make a case for Washington and Indy. Out west the Rockets (T-mac finding yet another group of players to place his poor clutch play on)

Good post but actually Indy is starting to fall quick (back to where they belong :D

I'll do the same formula than you:

Raps surprise: Moon (obviously), a Dleaguer turned into a starter???

Raps Disappointment: Bargs (I'm sure he'll be back soon and I'm rooting for him but I was expecting a very strong 2nd year).

League surprises (players): Louis Williams, Yi, Butler (was good but is excellent now), Salmons.

League disappointments (players): Shaq, TMac (I was expecting a spectacular year and injury free), Okur, Okafor (Don't seem to be a franchise player as I was expecting a strong statement year), Hinrich, the Curry and Randolph tandem.

League surprises (teams): Portland, Boston, Orlando (they could fall though), Washington (considering Gil's injury), Lakers, New Orleans.

League disappointments (teams): Houston, Miami, New York, Dallas (to a certain extend), Chicago.
postup
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#28 » by postup » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:46 am

Surprises:
Jamario
Humps
Portland
Lakers
Boston's bench
Isiah still employed by Knicks
NO
76'ers.

Disappointments:

Raps inconsistency - remind me of Nets last year. (I think our record is flattering.)
Bargnani - still like him, but he has been disappointing.
Joey -bad, very bad...
Garbo - I love that guy
Bulls (haha)
Miami

Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.

Return to Toronto Raptors