ImageImageImageImageImage

Im just gonna say it...Raptors look better with Calderon

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

chsh22
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#121 » by chsh22 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:44 am

Centre Court wrote:If Jose pulls up on one more 3 on 2 fast break opportunity I will throw something at my television.

Dude, your TV must be broken because every couple of days I see you say the same damn thing.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Re: Im just gonna say it...Raptors look better with Calderon 

Post#122 » by whysoserious » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:33 am

gcsw wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why have both when packaging TJ in a trade can give us that SF that we so desperately need and another backup PG instead of Dmart? That is what we need to improve our roster.

Our winning record when TJ does not play PROVES that we don't need him at all. The SF and backup PG we will get in return will do much more good than splitting minutes between Jose and TJ, which is a complete waste of efficient resources.

Do you really believe that teams are going to line up to give us that elusive SF we've been looking for in a package for TJ, especially when he seems to be the one the team is backing as the starting PG.

In all likelihood it would be Jose but even then if we sign him to a reasonable deal, why not keep both and get that SF in a draft pick or some other type of move. Everyone looks at the PG position and assumes we have to move them because there is a need at SF. No doubt there is a weakness there, but why are we in such a rush to fill that void. This team simply is not ready to contend and still needs time to grow and you've probably got a two year time period to find that SF. In the meantime you can take your time to assess if either PG steps up and establishes himself as clearly superior to the other, which hasn't happened yet.

You mention our winning record without TJ proving that we don't need him but I say the 47 win team last season proves we do in fact need him. The fact that this guy, in every season in the league has never missed the playoffs proves we need him. The fact that he's a proven winner and warrior says that we need him. The fact that he's improved his shot proves that we need him.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,793

Post#123 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:37 am

You need to take a quick look at gcsw's posting history before trying to get into some kind of discussion with him. Put him on ignore like the rest of us.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#124 » by whysoserious » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:49 am

Fairview4Life wrote:You need to take a quick look at gcsw's posting history before trying to get into some kind of discussion with him. Put him on ignore like the rest of us.

You may in fact be right, my ignore list has grown exponentially the past few weeks.
foetopsy
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#125 » by foetopsy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:50 am

rofl, if Ford was playing healthy Raps would have finished that road trip with a better record guaranteed. Seattle, Portland and Houston would have been owned.
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#126 » by rdtx2005 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:27 am

Death Knight wrote:.

it's too bad the unjustified ones outweigh the justified ones.
PharoaheMonch
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#127 » by PharoaheMonch » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:55 am

rdtx2005 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

it's too bad the unjustified ones outweigh the justified ones.

DeathKnight believes that if he puts IT'S THE TRUTH at the end of all his posts, people are going to take him seriously.

Put him on the ignore list like many of us already have ;)
Bryans_Collar
Veteran

Post#128 » by Bryans_Collar » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:27 am

meh, at this point I honestly think they're 50:50 in terms of value to the team .... they both bring something different, but one guy isn't significantly better than the other
Bargnani PER
2007 - 12.9
2008 - 10.7
Hollinger predicted 2009 - 11.8
Bryans_Collar HOPES FOR 2009 - 17.0
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#129 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:33 am

rdtx2005 wrote:it's too bad the unjustified ones outweigh the justified ones.

Justify is justify, you can't ignore it. But since you choose to ignore them, then why do you even bother to say that you are neutral about it?

PharoaheMonch wrote:DeathKnight believes that if he puts IT'S THE TRUTH at the end of all his posts, people are going to take him seriously.

Put him on the ignore list like many of us already have ;)

I see you can't take it.......Then you shouldn't be here talking basketball.

You keep bringing out the truth thing...........lol. That has nothing to do with the points I make or what I have to say in my posts. What I say is valid, but throwing out the truth word is just for fun.
PharoaheMonch
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#130 » by PharoaheMonch » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:00 am

I actually didn't block you at all :). Just wanted to get a rise out of you and it worked.

What you say is valid to you.
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#131 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:42 pm

PharoaheMonch wrote:I actually didn't block you at all :). Just wanted to get a rise out of you and it worked.

What you say is valid to you.

I know you didn't. You'd be missing out on a wealth of basketball knowledge... :lol:

Just do better next time and you'll be fine. :wink:
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,601

Post#132 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:59 pm

Death Knight wrote:Facts and truth aren't something that you have a choice of believing or not. You either accept it or you don't, which has nothing to do with believing. Just like "thinking" and "knowing" are 2 completely different things.

I get the feeling that too many kids are running wild on these boards. :nonono: It's become so weak!

I'm confused as to why you still go around and try to portray yourself as being neutral. From the first time you started posting about TJ/Jose we could tell which side you were on. It's the same with everyone. It's getting annoying seeing you pretend to be neutral when clearly we all know you've been a Jose supporter from the start. Stick to your beliefs, or it really does make you look insecure.

From what I've seen in December, it's clear to me that TJ is the guy who puts us over the top. Calderon does wonders with our bench, and makes then more effective, and is great at holding things together when TJ goes down, but without TJ as our starter, we're not one of the top teams in the league. We're still a good team, because Calderon is a great player, but we need TJ as the starter to give us that push into the elite status.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#133 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:22 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm confused as to why you still go around and try to portray yourself as being neutral. From the first time you started posting about TJ/Jose we could tell which side you were on. It's the same with everyone. It's getting annoying seeing you pretend to be neutral when clearly we all know you've been a Jose supporter from the start. Stick to your beliefs, or it really does make you look insecure.

From what I've seen in December, it's clear to me that TJ is the guy who puts us over the top. Calderon does wonders with our bench, and makes then more effective, and is great at holding things together when TJ goes down, but without TJ as our starter, we're not one of the top teams in the league. We're still a good team, because Calderon is a great player, but we need TJ as the starter to give us that push into the elite status.

1. You can think what you want. You are like the rest of the people who can't take it when I speak the truth. If you can find anything wrong with anything I said, then by all means disect them and see what bs you can come up with.

2. Maybe others have suggested that Calderon should be the starter, but I am not one of them. I always agreed that TJ is the more talented player and should continue to start when he is healthy no matter how well Jose has been playing filling in as the starter. It's both players are good, it is best to keep things status quo, TJ as the starter and Jose is the back up. Chaning things and demoting TJ would only cause internal problems.

You say TJ puts the Raptors over the top into elite status, but how is that even remotely true when this team is still just a decently good team with both pgs? You should very well know that this team needs both pgs at this point in time. Neither pg alone is ready to put the Raptors over the top as an elite team.

You also don't realize that when ever TJ goes down, Jose is left all by himself and has guys like D-mart and Juan Dixon backing him up. In short, when TJ starts he has Jose backing him up, when Jose starts he has below average pgs like D-mart and Juan Dixon backing him up. How is that fair to Calderon? You should give Calderon a lot of credit for holding things together for the Raptors despite not having the same luxuries as TJ when he starts.

Jose has played 22 games without TJ (13-9).

While..........

TJ has played only a mere 5 games without Jose (2-3).

For a poster that is full of **** like you to call me out? :rofl:

Try to do better next time.
18 Parkerville
Sixth Man

Post#134 » by 18 Parkerville » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:41 pm

TJ is the better starter for this team. Jose is good off the bench
Jose "Hammy" Calderon - where Gatorade at the half clouding rational judgment happens, and where "hamstring" injuries linger all season long.
Sweetest-Prince
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#135 » by Sweetest-Prince » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:47 pm

I think TJ and Jose should just make love and make forderon a reality. The question is which one of TJ and Jose would Forderon come out of?
Nia
Assistant Coach
And1: 4
Location: South Beach, Miami, but currently live in Tdot for School

Post#136 » by Nia » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:57 pm

Sweetest-Prince wrote:I think TJ and Jose should just make love and make forderon a reality. The question is which one of TJ and Jose would Forderon come out of?

BINGO. This is the best post I've seen since this stupid thread started, 12 pages ago. :bowdown:
energizerk2
Bench Warmer

Post#137 » by energizerk2 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:00 am

Sweetest-Prince wrote:I think TJ and Jose should just make love and make forderon a reality. The question is which one of TJ and Jose would Forderon come out of?

:o :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#138 » by J Dilla » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:08 am

Oh god...eewww

If it comes out of TJ, people would complain. If it comes out of Jose it will be a golden child.

But yea that's nasty..
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,562

Post#139 » by TheRaptor! » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:17 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If it comes out of TJ, his last name would still be Calderon..

What if its a chick? :banghead:
dont_h8_n8
Sophomore

Post#140 » by dont_h8_n8 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:28 am

I could care less who starts.

All I know is that when the game is in question and TJ's game is 'on', I'm like take it to em boy, take it!

But for some reason when the Raps are up by like 7-10 points late in the game I yearn for Jose, work the ball into Bosh, work the ball into Bosh lets get them at the free throw line.

If either TJ or Jose could temper their games to add qualities which the other has, then that is the PG I want for this team.

Return to Toronto Raptors