ImageImageImageImageImage

Black Jerseys revealed

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

JL5
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Re: Black Jerseys revealed 

Post#121 » by JL5 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:58 pm

P.S. In hopes of getting this thread back on track, I totally want one of these black jerseys.
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,424

Post#122 » by TOStateofMind » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Ill judge after I see the actual thing worn on the court.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#123 » by basketball royalty » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:19 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
tarheel06 wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:Why are you guys so sensitive and choose to quote me and my opinion even after I edited my original comments? Grow up.

Why did you edit your original comment if you honestly think there was nothing wrong with it?

I have a real problem with second generation immigrants bad mouthing and not appreciating the opporunities available to them in Canada. Most immigrants are given the opportunity for a fresh start in Canada, the opportunity to make something of their lives. If your parents were immigrants, they in all likelihood came to Canada to start a new life with the hopes of providing a propsperous life for their family. To me, a second generation Chinese-Canadian, your comments not only disrespect Canada, but are also a slap in the face of your parents. Everything they worked so hard for - providing you with the opportunity to earn these beloved "profits" you speak of - obviously are of no value to you. IMO, the person who truly needs to grow up, is you.

I am glad that LittleOzzy caught your little comment and put it in his sig before you so cowardly edited and removed it.

Here we go, how did you even jump to the conclusion that my parents moved here? I came to Canada alone, my parents don't even speak english, I only came here because I was sent here to work from my company. There was nothing wrong with my original post, what is wrong about not feeling proud of Canada, quote me all you **** want, I don't see whats wrong with that comment. I only edited it cause its full of Canadians here and to prevent the comment of one dude out of millions from offending you.

I still don't see what you are mad about.

Me: I am not proud to be Canadian, so **** what.
Everyone else: Why you hating on my country?

One even went as far as saying everyone hated China. I never used the word hate, I said I am not **** proud to be "canadian"

Buddy, you aren't Canadian so I can't fault you for not being proud of it. I'm just not sure why you are a Raptors fan at all? Shouldn't you be a Rockets or Nets fan? I mean, when your time at this little hotel of ours is up and you run back to whatever country you like, the Raptors won't be going with you. They will be here wearing all kinds of frickin maple leafs and standing quiet during our national anthem because they will be in Canada.

FYI the only thing I found at all interesting in the 'new' jerseys was the maple leaf. They should have made the red along the sides black and it would look better. IMO
props to Turbozone for the sig
DarthRaptor
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#124 » by DarthRaptor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:32 pm

I know many soldiers fighting in Afghanistan with the maple leaf being worn PROUDLY on their arms, and one of those soldiers is my brother, and I would love to see each of them have a go at this "TheRaptor!" scum bag, you take so much **** for granted in this country, you have these young men fighting over seas for our freedom, keeping you safe in this country and you don't even give a ****.

Nevertheless, I am done with this clown, he would never be man enough to say what he said in person to any real Canadian anyways.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#125 » by WD-40 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:32 pm

"Depending on your definition of SUPERIOR, if having money = superior then I sure as hell am more superior then you. Don't stuff words in my mouth. All i said was I AM NOT PROUD TO BE CANADIAN."

Wow, you really come across as an a-hole with this quote.

edit: the jersey is ok. i think many are forgetting the old ugly purple uni.
dabossman
Senior

Post#126 » by dabossman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Me: I am not proud to be Canadian, so **** what.
Everyone else: Why you hating on my country?

One even went as far as saying everyone hated China. I never used the word hate, I said I am not **** proud to be "canadian"[/quote]

u foolish one should not even be proud to be alive. U have nothing to be proud of. Your best move will be to just go away and never post here again because people like myself are not going to forget or allow you to live this down.
dabossman
Senior

Post#127 » by dabossman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:38 pm

China and Hong Kong are different, I don't even speak Mandarin. I've been to China before, I would rather live in Hong Kong then China, but thats not the point, the point WAS, that i am NOT proud to be Canadian, how did posters even jump to the conclusion that I would rather live in China then Canada.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure we would all just prefer that you lived anywhere else but here I could care less if you even lived at all at this point.
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#128 » by Raptors90102 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:48 pm

I have a question for TheRaptor!.. are you a Canadian citizen? just answer yes or no please.
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#129 » by load management » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:00 pm

I only read the first couple pages before I had enough I wont read anymore. It makes me sick that "the raptor" can come on here as a fan of the only Canadian Basketball team and say he dislikes the country and only uses it to make money. What a scumbag he should be deported.
**** the Tony Brothers
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#130 » by basketball royalty » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Yo, angry mob! I just spotted 'The Raptor' on the general board dissing Bosh as a franchise player for no apparent reason. I guess he is a true self loather and we should just feel sorry for him, rather than attack him. j/k flame the b-otch!
props to Turbozone for the sig
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#131 » by The Letter V » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:20 pm

I just put another bag of popcorn in the microwave. This is great!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#132 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:23 pm

basketball royalty wrote:Yo, angry mob! I just spotted 'The Raptor' on the general board dissing Bosh as a franchise player for no apparent reason. I guess he is a true self loather and we should just feel sorry for him, rather than attack him. j/k flame the b-otch!

I figure as long as he stays off this board I don't care how much he rips about this country or our team somewhere else. He's a lot easier to put up with when he's not here :)
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 599

Post#133 » by Jay240 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Ok I didn't want to bother reading all 9 pages of this thread. But did anyone check the validity of the original poster? He has 6 posts. How do we know if there's any truth to that picture, could be a fake jersey.
vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Post#134 » by vado » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:38 pm

Lol @ theRaptor saying you have nothing against Canada, you posted earliar that you dislike Canada. I'm pretty sure those statements contradict each other. I have nothing against you saying you are not proud to be Canadian because you are not Canadian.

Anyways I like the jersey...maybe a little bit too much red but it is cool.
JL5
Bench Warmer

Post#135 » by JL5 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Haha, I asked that too. Just wondering if the OP can shed some light on how he came across this little gem.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#136 » by 5DOM » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:48 pm

TheRaptor! trying to make some noise in the general board also lol
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#137 » by Lord Eder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:58 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
stro wrote:I'm sorry but red and black is far from stupid. They are like the easiest matching colours. I understand that you don't like red with black, that's fine, but honestly, to say that red doesn't go with black and that red with black is stupid, is just head scratching.

Well, there were serveral photoshops out there, different designs, no red on the sides for example. So when I say this is what I expected I mean, same jersey design as the primary jersey with red on the sides and silver chevrons. I'm sure lots of people expected it to be like this too.

What gold?

Blue and white would be interesting, but the team colours are red, black, white and silver so I don't see why they'd do that.

not going to argue our differences in matching colours. but red and black are not the easiest matching colours. look at a colour wheel for that answer.

and what gold, you ask? the gold/platinum raptor claw on the back of the jersey. its really faint. but its a nice tough.

blue and white aren't the team colours, but either is black. so your argument went kapoof!

Come on now, you wear a black suit with a red shirt and tie and it will look good. Most people would agree. The colour wheel has nothing to do with matching. If that were the case, red and pink would go together. But yes, don't want to argue this anymore lol.

The claw on the back is silver.

Black is not part of the team colours? The way I see it, and stated it, was that Red, Black, White and Silver are the team colours. Again, most people would agree. Wikipedia would also agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Raptors

I'm sure the jersey is more of a blood red, like the siding on the home jerseys.

The jersey is fine for an Alternate. Based on the team colours... the only other option really was a grey/silver jersey and Dallas already tried that and failed. That is without completely bringing in a new design of course.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
DarthRaptor
Banned User

Post#138 » by DarthRaptor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:07 pm

What an idiot, hes spewing the EXACT same garbage on the main board. Maybe we should have a RealGM get together near the ACC, get him to come down and knock some sense into him.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#139 » by s e n s i » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:10 am

Like TheRaptor! I also am a fan of my hotel's pro-basketball team. They are called the Travelodge Travellers. Unfortunately, they don't have enough coin to land players that would fit the mold. Dwyane Wade, Andrea Bargnani.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,205

Post#140 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:44 am

^ lol

lostradamus wrote:Second try posting, I think I screwed the first one up.

Here is a sneak peak at the new Black jerseys. Not being released until Oct 10th.

Pretty similar to the black Heat jersey, but at least it's not shiny.

Return to Toronto Raptors