ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Blowout loss

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,276

Re: PG: Blowout loss 

Post#141 » by Chandan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:56 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Chandan wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:The fact you reusing things like "man love for Dennis" or "not understanding the in season tournament rules" (honestly - who cares) just shows you have a massive agenda to push here.

Even if those things happened before a major trade, you seem to ignore how bad OG was playing. Had nothing to do with Darko not using him, and had everything to do with him mailing it in.

I never said there's no agenda. The agenda is that he's a bad coach and he should be fired soon. I have some observations that backup the claim so far while the other side has wishful thinking that he'll turn it around. I dont know darko and I dont owe him any second chances. Also coach changes are fun and interesting to watch. Even if he's not as bad as I claim he is i am sure we are not missing out on a Brad Stevens here.

Generally you use facts/observations and base an opinion. Not make an opinion then cherry pick what you want to support it.

As if a list of 10+ incidences/qualifties I didn't like about him and his coaching wasn't enough to base a opinion.

Whatever happened to that time scottie walked off the court. Darko said he had a talk with scottie and Scottie straight up denied it happened. Was there a follow up to that drama?
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,678

Post#142 » by sbsat » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:24 am

ConSarnit wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
By listening to them.

I'm not sure how you measure a pile of **** in a pile of **** think you are right.

You can also look at results and they are compelling. I know you came into the year saying getting rid of nurse will save this team and i guess you are holding onto that. You dont walk into every game giving up 30 point deficits, being outworked when you are down that much if the coach is anywhere near effective at motivating players or there being any sort of mutual respect. Sorry.

It’s not an effort issue. You think it’s an effort issue because the other team is getting wide open shots but that’s because we’re playing guys like an undrafted rookie C in his first NBA game. These guys just suck so they’re blowing rotations. These guys aren’t NBA level players so they’re going to get destroyed even if they’re playing with 110% effort.

The team had issues with effort and digging themselves holes earlier on the year too. There was a stretch of like 4 games in a row where we at some point in the game were down 15. The excuse there is players were halfway out the door. With rj and quickley back vs the lakers we were down 30 in the 3rd. What was the excuse there? We are tanking? Bad habits formed all year long.
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,069

Post#143 » by Drakeem » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:14 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Drakeem wrote:Fans have become spoiled with the amount of winning we've had.

I don’t mind losing. There are times where losing is inevitable. Eg you go all in to compete for a title, your best player gets hurt or leaves, etc. Obviously we were going to decline following our title with the vet front court, Kyle aging, and Kawhi leaving. What sucks is the treadmill we’ve been on over this period due to management doubling down on our flawed rosters. Had we just embraced being bad at the deadline last deadline we could’ve been on a better trajectory. We’d have control over our draft pick and perhaps cashed out on Siakam and FVV. Our situation now isn’t a disaster but it’s still fair to lament how poor our front office has been in recent years.

Pretty much every excuse being made for them has holes in them. For instance, people will blame injuries and tanking for our current losing streak. However we were the 6th-7th worst team in the league before the streak with our team 99% healthy in the first 60 games of the season.
We've been lamenting every single day though. At some point you move past what could have been and you focus on what is.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,603

Post#144 » by Scase » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:25 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:I'm no fan of Darko but let's get real here, nobody is doing better with that roster last night. I am willing to bet nobody, other than Nwora, even knew who Malik Williams was. Even Darko I bet had never heard of him.

Here is who played last night:

IQ - Only legit starter, but is new to the role and has only been with the team 3 months.
Dick - Up and down year, 20 year old rookie.
Temple - Great bench vet, but old and a terrible player.
McDaniels - Only got the start because of facing his brother, which shows how seriously we are taking these games lol. Even the most ardent Masai defender will admit this guy is absolutely awful and should not be in the NBA.
Gueye - Not in the NBA next season
Malik - Not in the NBA 9 days from now.
Simmons - Not in the NBA 2 days from now.
JFL - Tops out as our 14th-15th guy next season.
Nwora - He's not good. He'll be n the NBA next season but most likely as a 3rd stringer.

The only 2 guys that have been with the team all season are McD and Temple, who never play, rightfully. Even Pop or Spoelstra aren't doing anything with that roster.

Darko has also had to deal with:

Brown - Clearly doesn't want to be on the team.
OG - Wanted out for a while, and mailed it in for his last 3 weeks once he knew trade talks were in the works.
Siakam - Wanted t stay but team didn't want to pay him and told him that, which had to have made things weird at best.
GTJ - Seemingly wants to stay but they are obviously at odds over money.
Flynn - Was obviously mandated to play him, likely out of the NBA next season.

I'm no FO fanboy (I couldn't care less if Masai, Bobby and Darko all walked out the door tomorrow) but Darko gets a pass for me this season. That doesn't mean I haven't seen some things I don't like from him. I have....but come one, you have to have some serious blinders on to not admit he was dealt a very bad hand.

Yeah, I'm not sure what people are expecting here. We basically have a g league roster of people who havent been here more than a month in most cases.

But sure, blame the coach during a blatant tank. Or people blaming him when the roster was healthy and we had dudes coming to a new team as starters with a completely new system, new teammates, and a new rookie coach.

Like god damn people, have some patience. And lets not forget, Lebron wanted to jettison Spo when he was in Miami. A rookie coach is like a rookie player, they all need time to grow and adjust. If we were getting blown out by 50 with a fully healthy lineup, night in and night out, sure raise some alarms.

Instead, how about take some context into account with what the team is doing right now. Some people are ridiculous.
Props TZ!
islandboy53
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#145 » by islandboy53 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:58 pm

Scase wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:I'm no fan of Darko but let's get real here, nobody is doing better with that roster last night. I am willing to bet nobody, other than Nwora, even knew who Malik Williams was. Even Darko I bet had never heard of him.

IQ - Only legit starter, but is new to the role and has only been with the team 3 months.
McDaniels - Only got the start because of facing his brother, which shows how seriously we are taking these games lol. Even the most ardent Masai defender will admit this guy is absolutely awful and should not be in the NBA.
Nwora - He's not good. He'll be n the NBA next season but most likely as a 3rd stringer.

The only 2 guys that have been with the team all season are McD and Temple, who never play, rightfully. Even Pop or Spoelstra aren't doing anything with that roster.

OG - Wanted out for a while, and mailed it in for his last 3 weeks once he knew trade talks were in the works.
Siakam - Wanted t stay but team didn't want to pay him and told him that, which had to have made things weird at best.

I'm no FO fanboy (I couldn't care less if Masai, Bobby and Darko all walked out the door tomorrow) but Darko gets a pass for me this season. That doesn't mean I haven't seen some things I don't like from him. I have....but come one, you have to have some serious blinders on to not admit he was dealt a very bad hand.

Yeah, I'm not sure what people are expecting here. We basically have a g league roster of people who havent been here more than a month in most cases.

But sure, blame the coach during a blatant tank. Or people blaming him when the roster was healthy and we had dudes coming to a new team as starters with a completely new system, new teammates, and a new rookie coach.

Like god damn people, have some patience. And lets not forget, Lebron wanted to jettison Spo when he was in Miami. A rookie coach is like a rookie player, they all need time to grow and adjust. If we were getting blown out by 50 with a fully healthy lineup, night in and night out, sure raise some alarms.

Instead, how about take some context into account with what the team is doing right now. Some people are ridiculous.

Did someone hack your account? lol. Seriously, though, this is the most reasonable thing I’ve seen you post in, maybe ever. Thanks for that!
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,603

Post#146 » by Scase » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:02 am

islandboy53 wrote:
Scase wrote:

Did someone hack your account? lol. Seriously, though, this is the most reasonable thing I’ve seen you post in, maybe ever. Thanks for that!

Spoiler alert, thats not how you incentivize more of that discourse. :wink:

I have been preaching patience with Darko all season, you just haven't interacted with any of those posts lol
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors