ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,099

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#1821 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 8:52 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
Brinbe wrote:brunson's legs are gone. at a certain point just save it for game 5

Hart averaging 46.5 MPG is absolutely absurd and Brunson's 42 MPG is also ridiculously high. All of the main Knicks should be taking the 2nd half off. There is no point in trying to come back from a 28-point halftime deficit when tip-off for game 5 – which likely decides the series – is ~50 hours away.

Funny how the extra travel day between cities has disappeared in this series
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,262

Post#1822 » by pingpongrac » Sun May 12, 2024 8:55 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Refs in game 3 gave that game to Pacers or it would 3-0 now.

What about the refs gift-wrapping game 1 for the Knicks when they made that egregious kicked ball call which immediately led to a 5-point swing in favour of NYK in a tie game in the final minute though? It should probably be 3-1 for the Pacers after today lol.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#1823 » by mdenny » Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
Brinbe wrote:brunson's legs are gone. at a certain point just save it for game 5

Hart averaging 46.5 MPG is absolutely absurd and Brunson's 42 MPG is also ridiculously high. All of the main Knicks should be taking the 2nd half off. There is no point in trying to come back from a 28-point halftime deficit when tip-off for game 5 – which likely decides the series – is ~50 hours away.

Yah. I think most coaches would just sit Brunson at this point. Use the rest of the half experimenting with some bench players. See if anyone could serve a legit role (maybe a specific matchup or whatever) going forward.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,099

Post#1824 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 9:07 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Refs in game 3 gave that game to Pacers or it would 3-0 now.

What about the refs gift-wrapping game 1 for the Knicks when they made that egregious kicked ball call which immediately led to a 5-point swing in favour of NYK in a tie game in the final minute though? It should probably be 3-1 for the Pacers after today lol.

But the moving screen on Turner was correct call. Brunson been getting fouled all series by full court pressing. Missed goaltend call on divincenzo drive game 3 was as impactful as the kickball. You could tell game three refs were responding to Carlyle's rant after game 2.

And the crazy thing is Pacers doing all this whining against an injury depleted team. But we'll see game 5 what happens. It's crazy the game is Tuesday not Wednesday. That hurts NY. Thibs needs to rest guys right now but I don't think he's wired that way
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,588

Post#1825 » by Brinbe » Sun May 12, 2024 9:21 pm

knicks fans learning the downsides of a thibs-coached team
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,802

Post#1826 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun May 12, 2024 9:23 pm

Can I turn this off now? IDK what I feel like doing else though....
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1827 » by mdenny » Sun May 12, 2024 9:28 pm

Fact is.....the knicks offense is a one trick Pony with the Brunson isos. The pacers can win in multiple ways. Their bench can win a game. Siakam can win a game. Haliburton can win a game.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,606

Post#1828 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 9:33 pm

mdenny wrote:Fact is.....the knicks offense is a one trick Pony with the Brunson isos. The pacers can win in multiple ways. Their bench can win a game. Siakam can win a game. Haliburton can win a game.

My friend, the Knicks are shooting 13% from 3, this isn't about Brunson. Pacers are shooting 47% from 3 and 60% from the floor, this is just the top rated offence clicking for a game. Broken clock etc etc
Props TZ!
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1829 » by mdenny » Sun May 12, 2024 9:37 pm

Scase wrote:
mdenny wrote:Fact is.....the knicks offense is a one trick Pony with the Brunson isos. The pacers can win in multiple ways. Their bench can win a game. Siakam can win a game. Haliburton can win a game.

My friend, the Knicks are shooting 13% from 3, this isn't about Brunson. Pacers are shooting 47% from 3 and 60% from the floor, this is just the top rated offence clicking for a game. Broken clock etc etc

If you include shots that he's fouled on....Brunson is averaging more than 30 shot attempts per game. It's a one trick Pony offense.

One could point out that Randle is injured. But I'm not even sure that would've helped the knicks. Brunson was actually scoring at an amazing clip in his isos. If you exchange those isos for some Randle shots....you might've ended up with less points.

They need another good offensive creator.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1830 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 9:44 pm

mdenny wrote:
Scase wrote:

If you include shots that he's fouled on....Brunson is averaging more than 30 shot attempts per game. It's a one trick Pony offense.

One could point out that Randle is injured. But I'm not even sure that would've helped the knicks. Brunson was actually scoring at an amazing clip in his isos. If you exchange those isos for some Randle shots....you might've ended up with less points.

I dont disagree they need another offensive option, but I do not agree counting FTA as shots/game lol.

This is more about the injuries pilling up than anything else. They do need to move Randle though.
Props TZ!
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,356

Post#1831 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sun May 12, 2024 10:08 pm

Nice win pacers 2 more left....
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1832 » by mdenny » Sun May 12, 2024 10:10 pm

Scase wrote:
mdenny wrote:
Scase wrote:My friend, the Knicks are shooting 13% from 3, this isn't about Brunson. Pacers are shooting 47% from 3 and 60% from the floor, this is just the top rated offence clicking for a game. Broken clock etc etc

I dont disagree they need another offensive option, but I do not agree counting FTA as shots/game lol.

This is more about the injuries pilling up than anything else. They do need to move Randle though.

I'm not counting FTAs as shots. I'm counting shots he gets fouled on as shots (which don't count as attempts)
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,600

Post#1833 » by Son Goku 25 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:19 pm

** the Pacers
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,278

Post#1834 » by MiamiSPX » Sun May 12, 2024 10:20 pm

Good old fashioned ass kicking. Looks good on them, Knicks fans have become insufferable again.

This won't be the last time OG isn't available for key game(s) so they better get used to this.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,988

Post#1835 » by Los_29 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:21 pm

Momentum has completely shifted. Excellent game from Indiana. This blowout might actually be good for the Knicks because they were able to rest their guys. They’ve been in super close games the entire playoffs. Regroup for Tuesday.

Pacers have really surprised me. This series could be 3-1 for the Pacers as game 1 had some really poor officiating.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1836 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 10:53 pm

mdenny wrote:
Scase wrote:
mdenny wrote:

I'm not counting FTAs as shots. I'm counting shots he gets fouled on as shots (which don't count as attempts)

Ah sorry, didn't read that way. I still wouldn't count them, but I get your point.
Props TZ!
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1837 » by mdenny » Sun May 12, 2024 11:31 pm

Scase wrote:
mdenny wrote:
Scase wrote:I dont disagree they need another offensive option, but I do not agree counting FTA as shots/game lol.

Ah sorry, didn't read that way. I still wouldn't count them, but I get your point.

The reason they are not usually counted is because that stat is used primarily to gage efficiency. But in my case....I'm trying to gauge how much of the offense is based on brunson's isos. And it's more than 30 shot attempts per game. I'm not saying Brunson hasn't been efficient. He definitely has. I'm saying that beyond the Brunson iso option.....the knicks have no other offense.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,988

Post#1838 » by Los_29 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:07 am

mdenny wrote:
Scase wrote:
mdenny wrote:

The reason they are not usually counted is because that stat is used primarily to gage efficiency. But in my case....I'm trying to gauge how much of the offense is based on brunson's isos. And it's more than 30 shot attempts per game. I'm not saying Brunson hasn't been efficient. He definitely has. I'm saying that beyond the Brunson iso option.....the knicks have no other offense.

Knicks are gritty and tough but they aren’t exactly exciting to watch. Their whole offense is Brunson and while he’s been incredible, not sure how much longer that can last. They could just as easily be down 3-1 in this series and Thibs is running his guys into the ground. Pacers might just be able to pull it off.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1839 » by Scase » Mon May 13, 2024 12:14 am

mdenny wrote:
Scase wrote:
mdenny wrote:

Does it matter though? If those are considered attempts, he's still hitting 85% of them, if ISOing works, it works. He shot pretty badly today, but I dont think the results are on him or the system. Just a bad game of everyone shooting like trash.
Props TZ!
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,265

Post#1840 » by sidsid » Mon May 13, 2024 12:52 am

Continued lack of confidence in KAT when he's needed. If he can only roll when the team is dominating it's going to be hard to pick this Wolves team as more of the game becomes high leverage throughout the playoffs. The opposite of Murray.

Return to Toronto Raptors