ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 2

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,566

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 2 

Post#1881 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:06 pm

Eyeroll.

LeBron probably advised him to do that so he could hog up the headlines all summer to speculate if he’ll actually follow through with going to whereever Bronny gets drafted. Because clearly Bronny didn’t do anything where he could possibly think a team drafting him really did so by his production or merit.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,690

Post#1882 » by Bruin » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:19 pm

If he ends up transferring I’m hearing he likely ends up at Duquesne or Ohio State. Doubt it’ll be anywhere else
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,811

Post#1883 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:21 pm

Bruin wrote:If he ends up transferring I’m hearing he likely ends up at Duquesne or Ohio State. Doubt it’ll be anywhere else

LeBron has said he would’ve went to Ohio State had he gone to college so I wouldn’t be surprised if Bronny ended up there.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#1884 » by Bruin » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:25 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Bruin wrote:If he ends up transferring I’m hearing he likely ends up at Duquesne or Ohio State. Doubt it’ll be anywhere else

LeBron has said he would’ve went to Ohio State had he gone to college so I wouldn’t be surprised if Bronny ended up there.

Yep either there or Duquesne. Duquesne head coach is Lebron’s close friend and HS teammate
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,286

Post#1885 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:34 pm

I honestly don't think Bronny Jr can do much in the G-League, let alone in the NBA...
Bruin
RealGM

Post#1886 » by Bruin » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:36 pm

He’s not ready yet but I do think he can become a solid role player in the future. I think his best move would be to go to Duquesne and be featured and develop another year.

Rushing his entry into the league just so Lebron gets a chance to play with his son could wind up hindering his development and career long term imo. Still far from ready but the tools are there
Ganjamayne
Starter
And1: 5,310

Post#1887 » by Ganjamayne » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:40 pm

2nd round pick on Bronny is worth the gamble imo. Surprised he declared tho tbh
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#1888 » by God Squad » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:42 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Eyeroll.

LeBron probably advised him to do that so he could hog up the headlines all summer to speculate if he’ll actually follow through with going to whereever Bronny gets drafted. Because clearly Bronny didn’t do anything where he could possibly think a team drafting him really did so by his production or merit.

He'll likely test and return to School. Likely just to gauge interest, which shouldn't be much.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,680

Post#1889 » by hype_2004 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:52 pm

Ujiri bout to troll LeBron and draft his son 8-) :nod: :lol:
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#1890 » by God Squad » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:52 pm

Which players would you feel down if selected? I haven't given this draft too much time, waiting until the lottery. But from what I've seen, and relitive to mocks/board hype. I'm pretty much done with Salaun and Missi. Salaun looks totally lost on defense and his jumper and athelestism look overrated. Missi seems almost non existant in the games that I watched. Missi would be at the bottom of big bigman first round tier.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,811

Post#1891 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:54 pm

hype_2004 wrote:Ujiri bout to troll LeBron and draft his son 8-) :nod: :lol:

I’d love if Masai trolled Bron and made sure he had to sign in Canada. He’d lie about how he always knew this would happen and how Drake’s his boy
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 472

Post#1892 » by Smalltown » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:47 pm

mtcan wrote:Ya...he looks slow and clumsy. Not NBA material.

I'm gonna pile on. He just does not look good. At best if a team has interest he'll get a summer league invite. No team is even considering drafting him.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,566

Post#1893 » by mtcan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:17 pm

Bronny is the guy you call right after the 60th pick is announced and offer the 2-way contract to. The Marquis Nowell offer.

Lebron sitting court side at the Paramount Centre for Raptors 905 home games? YES.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,753

Post#1894 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:54 pm

he should go back but i doubt he does.

he's going to get a promise from a team in the 2nd and get drafted , who knows maybe utah pulls the trigger on their 27th pick
lebron wants to play with him *on same court , they will crank up that hype machine
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,348

Post#1895 » by Dalek » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:55 pm

I was waiting to see some of the draft guys I like to see their perception of Edey as a prospect. Chucking Darts is a great prospect analysis podcast, and they had Matt Powers on from Swish Theory to discuss Edey as a number one pick.

I think they preface it well, as in this a "wild proposition" for Edey as number one, but what they do say about the NBA being a league of outliers is what really resonated with me. You can't be small and dominate the NBA, but if you have some type of athletic advantage and have good touch indicators you can be a star. Edey has outlier size and agility for his size, and an elite track record of dominance in college.

As an interesting hypothetical, at around the 38 minute mark they talk about how you would build around Edey. Obviously, he is not a good turn and chase type of big, and they mention the value of having an eraser beside him. I think Scottie as a help defender would be a perfect option. Key will also be having a strong POA defender to chase through screens. This is why I love Devin Carter with the Indy pick.

I personally think that if Toronto got number one he could be selected as the top pick as compared to other teams. Lotto teams not likely interested:
Portland (Ayton)
Detroit (Duren)
Houston (Sengun)

Charlotte (Mark Williams can be bumped)
Memphis (loves grinding bigs and plays a physical brand of basketball)
Spurs (twin towers with Wemby)
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,578

Post#1896 » by TheAlchemist23 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:07 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:

I’d love if Masai trolled Bron and made sure he had to sign in Canada. He’d lie about how he always knew this would happen and how Drake’s his boy

LeBron made the Carter effect movie for a reason. Like KD, he was a Raptors/VC fan growing up.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,608

Post#1897 » by HangTime » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:08 pm

With the First Pick Of the second round The LeBronto Raptors select LeBron James!.....and Lebron James Jr.!

We become instant contenders.
LeBron's Home coming.

The story writes itself
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,707

Post#1898 » by Psubs » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:02 pm

HangTime wrote:With the First Pick Of the second round The LeBronto Raptors select LeBron James!.....and Lebron James Jr.!

We become instant contenders.
LeBron's Home coming.

The story writes itself

#31 sure. We have the cap space. :nod: If we are getting Lebron for 2 years, get Reed Sheppard and Tristan DaSilva.

PG IQ - Sheppard
SG Barrett - Dick
SF Lebron - DaSilva - Ochai
PF Barnes - DaSilva - Boucher
C Poeltl - Olynyk

Honestly this team would be fighting for the #2 seed in the east behind only Boston.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,025

Post#1899 » by MEDIC » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:20 pm

Dalek wrote:I was waiting to see some of the draft guys I like to see their perception of Edey as a prospect. Chucking Darts is a great prospect analysis podcast, and they had Matt Powers on from Swish Theory to discuss Edey as a number one pick.

I think they preface it well, as in this a "wild proposition" for Edey as number one, but what they do say about the NBA being a league of outliers is what really resonated with me. You can't be small and dominate the NBA, but if you have some type of athletic advantage and have good touch indicators you can be a star. Edey has outlier size and agility for his size, and an elite track record of dominance in college.

As an interesting hypothetical, at around the 38 minute mark they talk about how you would build around Edey. Obviously, he is not a good turn and chase type of big, and they mention the value of having an eraser beside him. I think Scottie as a help defender would be a perfect option. Key will also be having a strong POA defender to chase through screens. This is why I love Devin Carter with the Indy pick.

I personally think that if Toronto got number one he could be selected as the top pick as compared to other teams. Lotto teams not likely interested:
Portland (Ayton)
Detroit (Duren)
Houston (Sengun)

I have thought the same myself at times (regarding him potentially becoming the best player in this draft). I mean, what player besides Edey has the potential to be a dominant force & potentially change trends in the NBA? There really isn't anyone else.

I'm not saying he will, but having the potential to be a game changer may be too tempting to pass up for some lottery teams.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,525
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#1900 » by SharoneWright » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:28 pm

MEDIC wrote:
Dalek wrote:I was waiting to see some of the draft guys I like to see their perception of Edey as a prospect. Chucking Darts is a great prospect analysis podcast, and they had Matt Powers on from Swish Theory to discuss Edey as a number one pick.

Portland (Ayton)
Detroit (Duren)
Houston (Sengun)

I have thought the same myself at times (regarding him potentially becoming the best player in this draft). I mean, what player besides Edey has the potential to be a dominant force & potentially change trends in the NBA? There really isn't anyone else.

I'm not saying he will, but having the potential to be a game changer may be too tempting to pass up for some lottery teams.

A team that drafts Edey in the lottery better not view him as an ancillary piece, but better be willing to alter their whole offense and even roster (to a degree) to cater to the big man's strengths. It makes taking Edey such a huge commitment and gamble.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?

Return to Toronto Raptors