ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,720

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1901 » by Vampirate » Wed May 15, 2024 9:40 pm

mdenny wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
mdenny wrote:It's actually hilarious for everyone that was BEGGING TO PLEASE GIVE SCOTTY THE KEYS that they don't think his team can win more than 25 games when he has the keys in his fourth nba season.

Well

- Barnes was our only blue chip prospect that has shown flashes that he can be at least a very good playmaker and was a better scorer than what we all thought going into the draft.

- Yes, we believed, but we also needed to see it as well. If Barnes was not capable, then we needed to draft a player who is.

- Barnes was basically handed the keys very late season, and then soon after he got injured.

- Considering last year it took basically everything to go wrong to get 25 wins (roster upheaval, overall talent traded, hilarious amount of the starting rotation not playing at the same time) I think it's actually not likely we'll be a 25 win team again.

High chance this team wins at least 35 wins next year, we aren't getting a high draft pick most likely.

mdenny wrote:Exactly how long were the scotty brigade expecting it to be that he was a great player?

Which player on a bottom 5 nba team is trending to be a great player in his 4th season?

If scotty was so great and had so much potential....why did the expectations for a team that he was the primary engine of the offense fall so low?

I'll repeat, even before all the trades we sucked, our offense was bad. When Gradey Dick was our best player on the floor for about 15 games we sunk like a stone. Barnes played 60 games and was 'given the keys for only about 10 of them' then he got injured.

mdenny wrote:The whole thing is absurd and hilarious.

Here's a dose of reality for you. If scotty can't lead the team to 30 or more wins this season....then he is not nearly as good as you thought.

I agree with you on this, if were in the position to receive a top 6 pick again, something went wrong.

mdenny wrote:I can't help but perceive all this rhetoric (from the secret chatboard people) to anticipate the expectations of scotty.

Newsflash. There are very big expectations of scotty this upcoming season. It's his fourth year before a max extension. He BETTER produce wins.

I highly doubt were a 25 win team next year, but like with the Siakam era, you need at least 2 real stars to get comfortably in the playoffs. Otherwise mediocrity awaits, hence why people are clamouring for another high draft pick, but high chance it's not happening.

"Look how his face radiates sunshine when he smiles. Are you serious? Lol.

mdenny wrote:Scotty is under pressure and no tactical ploy produced by secret chatrooms is gonna alleviate it. It's time for scotty to produce results.

Any top 5 pick will have the same pressure.

mdenny wrote:Siakam, fred and OG are all producing positive results where they went. If scotty doesn't produce results this season....ppl are gonna turn on him very quickly. He will be identified as the problem before our team was blown up.

Be very clear mean what you mean by results. 35 wins? 40 wins?

Anyways the fanbase may get grumpy with Barnes but Masai is public enemy number 1 at this point.

mdenny wrote:In year 3 of their careers.....fred and siakam made historical contributions to our chip run and in their 4th years, became solid starters for a team that became a 2nd overall seed in the league. But scotty's year 4 is a tank year winning sub 25 games? Stop this madness.

Sure, let's hold it against Barnes that he never got to play with Kawhi, Gasol etc

I also should ask, do you think this team wins 25 games next year?

On the real what do you think Barnes potential is, and what do you think about the player he is today?

Ands don't give me 'not the player Masai thinks he is', give me something concrete.

Personally i'm more optimistic going from year 3 to 4 than from year 2 to 3.

I can see Barnes taking another leap just as much as I can see him plateauing, he's very hard to pin down in terms of potential.

On the one hand there's questions on his scoring, on the other it's not everyday where you'll get a player who can average 20/8/6/1.5/1.3 (rounding), his potential is quite unknown

mdenny wrote:IThis season, the question "is scotty a winning player or not" will be answered by his performance.

Obviously Scottie is a winning player, the real one is 'is Scottie a Franchise player?'

Oh it's obvious that scotty is a winning player eh? That is not obvious at all. It will be obvious after his team wins. I suspect we will win because i actually have faith in scotty. I'm expecting a 7 or 8 seed so a play-in team.

Anyone expecting a 25 win season who ALSO thinks scotty is a great player? Well that makes zero sense. They don't actually believe in scotty. And they are probably the secret chatroom ppl.

What I mean by winning player is he's not a Derozan type of GTJ type of player where his only true value lies in his scoring.

Here's another way to look at it, Mobley is nowhere near even a #3 option right now on a contender, but due to his defense raises the teams ceiling if there are other players better than him. Regular season wise at least.

Suggs is 4th option but raises the floor of Orlando due to his defence.

Both of these guys are winning players in the correct role because they offer multiple ways to effect the game.

I view Barnes as better than them, but even if he has an off night scoring wise, he's not really a complete negative.

As to what role Barnes is best in #1 option, #2 option, #3 option etc is anyone's guess at this point. But baseline he's easily a starter on a contender.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,677

Post#1902 » by Scase » Wed May 15, 2024 9:54 pm

mdenny wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
mdenny wrote:It's actually hilarious for everyone that was BEGGING TO PLEASE GIVE SCOTTY THE KEYS that they don't think his team can win more than 25 games when he has the keys in his fourth nba season.

Well

- Barnes was our only blue chip prospect that has shown flashes that he can be at least a very good playmaker and was a better scorer than what we all thought going into the draft.

- Yes, we believed, but we also needed to see it as well. If Barnes was not capable, then we needed to draft a player who is.

- Barnes was basically handed the keys very late season, and then soon after he got injured.

- Considering last year it took basically everything to go wrong to get 25 wins (roster upheaval, overall talent traded, hilarious amount of the starting rotation not playing at the same time) I think it's actually not likely we'll be a 25 win team again.

High chance this team wins at least 35 wins next year, we aren't getting a high draft pick most likely.

mdenny wrote:Exactly how long were the scotty brigade expecting it to be that he was a great player?

Which player on a bottom 5 nba team is trending to be a great player in his 4th season?

If scotty was so great and had so much potential....why did the expectations for a team that he was the primary engine of the offense fall so low?

I'll repeat, even before all the trades we sucked, our offense was bad. When Gradey Dick was our best player on the floor for about 15 games we sunk like a stone. Barnes played 60 games and was 'given the keys for only about 10 of them' then he got injured.

mdenny wrote:The whole thing is absurd and hilarious.

Here's a dose of reality for you. If scotty can't lead the team to 30 or more wins this season....then he is not nearly as good as you thought.

I agree with you on this, if were in the position to receive a top 6 pick again, something went wrong.

mdenny wrote:I can't help but perceive all this rhetoric (from the secret chatboard people) to anticipate the expectations of scotty.

Newsflash. There are very big expectations of scotty this upcoming season. It's his fourth year before a max extension. He BETTER produce wins.

I highly doubt were a 25 win team next year, but like with the Siakam era, you need at least 2 real stars to get comfortably in the playoffs. Otherwise mediocrity awaits, hence why people are clamouring for another high draft pick, but high chance it's not happening.

mdenny wrote:Scotty is under pressure and no tactical ploy produced by secret chatrooms is gonna alleviate it. It's time for scotty to produce results.

mdenny wrote:Siakam, fred and OG are all producing positive results where they went. If scotty doesn't produce results this season....ppl are gonna turn on him very quickly. He will be identified as the problem before our team was blown up.

Anyways the fanbase may get grumpy with Barnes but Masai is public enemy number 1 at this point.

mdenny wrote:In year 3 of their careers.....fred and siakam made historical contributions to our chip run and in their 4th years, became solid starters for a team that became a 2nd overall seed in the league. But scotty's year 4 is a tank year winning sub 25 games? Stop this madness.

Sure, let's hold it against Barnes that he never got to play with Kawhi, Gasol etc

On the real what do you think Barnes potential is, and what do you think about the player he is today?

Ands don't give me 'not the player Masai thinks he is', give me something concrete.

I can see Barnes taking another leap just as much as I can see him plateauing, he's very hard to pin down in terms of potential.

On the one hand there's questions on his scoring, on the other it's not everyday where you'll get a player who can average 20/8/6/1.5/1.3 (rounding), his potential is quite unknown

mdenny wrote:IThis season, the question "is scotty a winning player or not" will be answered by his performance.

Obviously Scottie is a winning player, the real one is 'is Scottie a Franchise player?'

Oh it's obvious that scotty is a winning player eh? That is not obvious at all. It will be obvious after his team wins. I suspect we will win because i actually have faith in scotty. I'm expecting a 7 or 8 seed so a play-in team.

Anyone expecting a 25 win season who ALSO thinks scotty is a great player? Well that makes zero sense. They don't actually believe in scotty. And they are probably the secret chatroom ppl.

My guy, wemby is 10x the player scottie is, and the spurs finished with 22 wins, without any major injuries. Lebron is the 2nd GOAT, and he finished with 35 wins his rookie campaign, his second year he added 7 more wins.

I'm not saying expect a full roster and 25 wins, but if you think we are going to get 7/8 place or you aren't allowed to think Scottie is a top tier player. You have an extremely distorted sense of reality.

Lebron went from 21/5/5/1.6 on 42/29/75 to 27/7/7/2.2 on 47/35/75 splits and only picked up 7 more wins to hit 42. The 7/8 teams in the east this year, won 48 and 47 games respectively. You think, that Scottie is going to carry us to a 21-22 win improvement?

I say this with genuine concern. Are you alright?
Props TZ!
will
RealGM
And1: 50,010
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1903 » by will » Wed May 15, 2024 10:21 pm

Scase wrote:
mdenny wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
Well

My guy, wemby is 10x the player scottie is, and the spurs finished with 22 wins, without any major injuries. Lebron is the 2nd GOAT, and he finished with 35 wins his rookie campaign, his second year he added 7 more wins.

I'm not saying expect a full roster and 25 wins, but if you think we are going to get 7/8 place or you aren't allowed to think Scottie is a top tier player. You have an extremely distorted sense of reality.

Lebron went from 21/5/5/1.6 on 42/29/75 to 27/7/7/2.2 on 47/35/75 splits and only picked up 7 more wins to hit 42. The 7/8 teams in the east this year, won 48 and 47 games respectively. You think, that Scottie is going to carry us to a 21-22 win improvement?

I say this with genuine concern. Are you alright?

I'd say we leave this alone. Based on the strength of the thread he created this morning.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,424

Post#1904 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu May 16, 2024 3:20 am

Dude, where's my Sarr?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,684

Post#1905 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu May 16, 2024 10:52 pm

A lot of dudes gonna be disappointed when we give Scottie keys from day 1 next season are still well out of the playoff picture. We have a lot of work to do on the roster construction front and we don’t know yet if Scottie is capable of adding 10+ wins on his own to our tally. Star players don’t propel you to just 25 wins.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,010
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1906 » by will » Fri May 17, 2024 1:37 am

2019nbachamps wrote:A lot of dudes gonna be disappointed when we give Scottie keys from day 1 next season are still well out of the playoff picture. We have a lot of work to do on the roster construction front and we don’t know yet if Scottie is capable of adding 10+ wins on his own to our tally. Star players don’t propel you to just 25 wins.

The goal was to tank the season or two after the bubble to pair actual young talent with Scottish.

But nope. Handed the keys to 2 faux #1 options and then failed to deal when they actually had value stat padding against GLeague oppoenents. And here we are.

Return to Toronto Raptors