ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,265

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#1961 » by sidsid » Wed May 15, 2024 4:56 am

Even in a better game from the Minny duo, Jokic is having a phenomenal and almost mistake free game that would be hard to overcome. In spite of the rest of the team being fairly mid this game outside of the bench. Although Gordon has been key yet again
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#1962 » by sidsid » Wed May 15, 2024 4:58 am

Was that a between the legs step back 3 from Jokic?

Edit: Nah, just a hesi pull-up
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,229

Post#1963 » by gp2015 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:02 am

Jokic making Gobert look like Demar on defense.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#1964 » by sidsid » Wed May 15, 2024 5:02 am

Gobert is perfect from the field and been easily the best player for Minny this game and still has gotten completely destroyed today in this matchup.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#1965 » by gp2015 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:04 am

Ant talked a lot of crap at the end of the last game and then played horrible tonight.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#1966 » by mdenny » Wed May 15, 2024 5:08 am

gp2015 wrote:Ant talked a lot of crap at the end of the last game and then played horrible tonight.

Without Connelly the Wolves have noone else to handle the ball. Too easy for them to constantly pressure Ant.

Same problem the raptors always had when we stopped having the fred/kyle backcourt. That's the weakness of the whole long wings who specialize in defense thing. Only one good ball-handler is to easy for the other team to target/harass the only guy who is dependable with the ball.
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#1967 » by sidsid » Wed May 15, 2024 5:14 am

The sign of a successful game plan against elite playmakers is making them scorers only. Jokic had 13 assist in this game to go with his 40. Just a killing.

Read on Twitter
?t=agPc4ybR7OZiPtT8KqwyQw&s=19
gp2015
RealGM

Post#1968 » by gp2015 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:27 am

mdenny wrote:
gp2015 wrote:Ant talked a lot of crap at the end of the last game and then played horrible tonight.

Without Connelly the Wolves have noone else to handle the ball. Too easy for them to constantly pressure Ant.

Same problem the raptors always had when we stopped having the fred/kyle backcourt. That's the weakness of the whole long wings who specialize in defense thing. Only one good ball-handler is to easy for the other team to target/harass the only guy who is dependable with the ball.

Nonetheless, he still played very poorly. He should keep quiet until he accomplishes something.

The Nuggets can talk as they're defending champions.

Ant needs to find a way. That's what superstars do. He should take it as a learning experience.
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#1969 » by sidsid » Wed May 15, 2024 5:47 am

Just another reason why versatile, do it all wings like Gordon and OG break open games for you in the playoffs. Swiss army knives that give you that extra juice to facilitate any goal. Teams that don't have them just run into too many trade-off scenarios.

Read on Twitter
?t=L2nBOwaDIz3PuzxZ_Mdj4A&s=19
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#1970 » by mdenny » Wed May 15, 2024 6:17 am

gp2015 wrote:
mdenny wrote:

Nonetheless, he still played very poorly. He should keep quiet until he accomplishes something.

Ant needs to find a way. That's what superstars do. He should take it as a learning experience.

That's too harsh imo. Ant is a totally likeable young player. Definitely cockier than a guy like Shai....but not in a grating way imo.

I'm actually pretty impressed by most of the young stars. Doncic is the only one who sticks out as really unlikeable. Ant doesn't denigrate his teammates even though he clearly needs more help (on offense particularly). He has publically acknowledged that Jokic is the best player in the NBA. I really like the dude. Looking forward to his career. No complaints about his public image.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#1971 » by gp2015 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:39 am

mdenny wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
mdenny wrote:

That's too harsh imo. Ant is a totally likeable young player. Definitely cockier than a guy like Shai....but not in a grating way imo.

I'm actually pretty impressed by most of the young stars. Doncic is the only one who sticks out as really unlikeable. Ant doesn't denigrate his teammates even though he clearly needs more help (on offense particularly). He has publically acknowledged that Jokic is the best player in the NBA. I really like the dude. Looking forward to his career. No complaints about his public image.

I like him for the most part but didn't like how he was talking trash to Murray at the end of the game. It didn't look like anyone said anything to him and no one responded to him so it looks like to me that he started it. I could be wrong though.

"I just told his ass we love that," said Edwards, who scored a game-high 44 points in Sunday's outing. "'Keep talking [like] that. That's what we like.' Well, I loved it. He didn't say nothing back. But I'm pretty sure he heard me. They heard me. You live for that."

I mean even if Murray was talking trash, the Nuggets are allowed to because they're champions. Keep quiet until you've accomplished something and then talk. If or when Ant wins a ring, he can talk all he wants. After talking a big game, you need to back it up too, which he didn't.

I do not like Luka, he complains way too much.

Overall though, the NBA is in pretty good hands with SGA and Ant.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,419

Post#1972 » by ItsDanger » Wed May 15, 2024 7:21 am

Read on Twitter
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,002
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1973 » by will » Wed May 15, 2024 10:49 am

Woof.
TWolves go back to being the regular wolves without Mike Conley Jr.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,302

Post#1974 » by mrdressup » Wed May 15, 2024 11:42 am

I noticed that Siakam still enjoys taking plays off defensively. It's hard to break old habits.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,146

Post#1975 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 15, 2024 12:11 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Earlier in the 4th Gobert had a push in the back against Murray under the hoop, called by Scott Foster. Rudy threw up his arms and briefly made the fingers rubbing money sign. Camera cut away quick and it wasn't mentioned but I'm sure I saw it. Same gesture plus postgame comments got him a big fine a couple months ago. Probably nothing will happen, mainstream media won't mention it. Not sure if Twitter will run with it

Gobert did get fined $75k for this, per wiretap
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors