ImageImageImageImageImage

MLSE Announces Scotiabank Renovations

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,675

Re: MLSE Announces Scotiabank Renovations 

Post#21 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Oct 5, 2023 9:34 pm

Price of the brick going up
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#22 » by agkagk » Fri Oct 6, 2023 3:10 am

M3tro wrote:Another 25% increase incoming

Youd he surprised.

They once forgot to raise my ticket prices for around 7 years lol

They almost tripled after the title — pretty solid the person sitting in front of me overheard me mention what i was paying and complained.

Moral of the story — shut up man!
Slade3
Sixth Man
And1: 810

Post#23 » by Slade3 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 4:45 am

Merit wrote:
deeps6x wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:cost of your bell and rogers internet bill going up

Yup. I dumped them both this week.

That only works if you're in a city. Tried Public/Freedom for a while, but it was trash anywhere that wasn't the GTA. Has that changed?

One word: Telus

Coverage just as good as Rogers/Bell but not as costly.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,990

Post#24 » by Merit » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:44 pm

Slade3 wrote:
Merit wrote:
deeps6x wrote:Yup. I dumped them both this week.

That only works if you're in a city. Tried Public/Freedom for a while, but it was trash anywhere that wasn't the GTA. Has that changed?

Yeah it’s still a part of the big 3. Their plans are about the same. Since I’ve been with both Rogers and bell in different capacities for so long, I get pretty great loyalty discounts.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,990

Post#25 » by Merit » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:48 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
Merit wrote:

I live in the country and use a small local ISP which has crappy connectivity (2-3mb down max). Bell knocked on my door last week and offered me 30mb downstream guaranteed at the same price, and tons of cable for 10 bucks more. I haven't had cable in a decade but I was tempted. HD Raps! Almost did it too. Then I thought to myself - am I actually unhappy with my measly 3 megs? Not really. Do i want to voluntarily sign back up with Bell? At that point the answer was clear - no freaking way. I hated being their customer. So I said no and will keep watching decent but sometimes choppy streams on my laptop. It ain't 4K but I'm happy with the peace of mind my choice is bringing me.

Tales from the canadian connectivity crypt...

I would love to have a reliable connection out in the boonies. As it stands, only Starlink works. Can’t get copper line even. Companies like xplornet have such limited offerings at such ridiculous price points. Can I ask what company you’re using and would you recommend it?

Generally speaking, what would it take to get a fiber optic line to a remote address?
I believe in Masai.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,912

Post#26 » by deeps6x » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:53 pm

Slade3 wrote:
Merit wrote:

Yup, I switched to them.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,145

Post#27 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:15 pm

How will this help my viewing experience from my recliner at home?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,909

Post#28 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:27 pm

Merit wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
Merit wrote:

I live in the country and use a small local ISP which has crappy connectivity (2-3mb down max). Bell knocked on my door last week and offered me 30mb downstream guaranteed at the same price, and tons of cable for 10 bucks more. I haven't had cable in a decade but I was tempted. HD Raps! Almost did it too. Then I thought to myself - am I actually unhappy with my measly 3 megs? Not really. Do i want to voluntarily sign back up with Bell? At that point the answer was clear - no freaking way. I hated being their customer. So I said no and will keep watching decent but sometimes choppy streams on my laptop. It ain't 4K but I'm happy with the peace of mind my choice is bringing me.

I would love to have a reliable connection out in the boonies. As it stands, only Starlink works. Can’t get copper line even. Companies like xplornet have such limited offerings at such ridiculous price points. Can I ask what company you’re using and would you recommend it?

Generally speaking, what would it take to get a fiber optic line to a remote address?

My ISP is very very local - called Joe Computer. Getting fiber to the door isn't really an option unless there is fiber running past your house. There is supposed to be fiber to every rural community in the next couple of years but we'll see. They're laying it down the road from me which is why this Bell deal was offered. Good luck...
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,219

Post#29 » by duppyy » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:30 pm

Merit wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Merit wrote:

Yeah it’s still a part of the big 3. Their plans are about the same. Since I’ve been with both Rogers and bell in different capacities for so long, I get pretty great loyalty discounts.

Yeah pricing on the websites are the same, you're just better off sticking with one company then scare them into thinking you'll switch and see if they will give any deals.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,912

Post#30 » by deeps6x » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:36 pm

duppyy wrote:
Merit wrote:
Slade3 wrote:

Yeah pricing on the websites are the same, you're just better off sticking with one company then scare them into thinking you'll switch and see if they will give any deals.

I tried that three times with Robbers, then just gave up and switched.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,842

Post#31 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:32 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:Upgrades are always welcome, but we have to know that they are only doing this because there was a business case made for why this will lead to more profitability.

I imagine some seating sections are going to get the “upgraded economy class” experience, where users get to pay more for certain bells and whistles.

As a fan, I’ve already been priced out due to inflation in real life expenses, so they’re probably going all in on corporate clients and the OVO lifestyle chasing Instagram people.

It's the exact same commitment they made to the Rogers Centre in terms of dollars. Clearly it paid off there so they are applying it to Scotiabank Arena now.

The point of the Rogers Centre renovations was to increase the number of ways in which fans can spend money at the stadium. It also coincided with a massive ticket price hike for next season.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,091

Post#32 » by Westside Gunn » Sat Oct 7, 2023 5:21 pm

Im already priced out of these games. I make more money now than I was a kid, but seems like as a kid it was a lot cheaper and easier to get tickets.

Maybe the adult mind just cant justify it. I mean, 1500 for a pair of tickets to the leafs home opener......I'm sure the raps aren't that far off. Isn't it better to just jump on a plane for a trip?

I hope to go to a few games again some day, but it most likely wont be in Toronto.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,918

Post#33 » by Kingsway_fan » Sun Oct 8, 2023 12:42 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:Im already priced out of these games. I make more money now than I was a kid, but seems like as a kid it was a lot cheaper and easier to get tickets.

Maybe the adult mind just cant justify it. I mean, 1500 for a pair of tickets to the leafs home opener......I'm sure the raps aren't that far off. Isn't it better to just jump on a plane for a trip?

I hope to go to a few games again some day, but it most likely wont be in Toronto.

Toronto is the most over rated, massively overpriced city in the world.... Tickets for sporting events is just one example of that ....
Dskotek
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#34 » by Dskotek » Sun Oct 8, 2023 2:40 pm

I’m sure this gets asked every year, but what is everyone’s plan for watching Raptors ball this year? I used to league pass and VPN but they’ve sorted that out. Any services other than bell/rogers that don’t black out local games?
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,540

Post#35 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Oct 8, 2023 4:10 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:
Westside Gunn wrote:Im already priced out of these games. I make more money now than I was a kid, but seems like as a kid it was a lot cheaper and easier to get tickets.

Toronto is the most over rated, massively overpriced city in the world.... Tickets for sporting events is just one example of that ....

Honestly you could say that about most of the overpriced cities. Take Vancouver for example, how the hell are they at the same level of pricing as Toronto when it's half the city in almost everyway. And before any flames me for that comment, I've been there numerous times.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,091

Post#36 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Oct 8, 2023 6:30 pm

Dskotek wrote:I’m sure this gets asked every year, but what is everyone’s plan for watching Raptors ball this year? I used to league pass and VPN but they’ve sorted that out. Any services other than bell/rogers that don’t black out local games?

Just do online streaming bruh
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Axe Dragon
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#37 » by Axe Dragon » Sun Oct 8, 2023 6:39 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
Merit wrote:

I recently got Starlink. It’s great!

Axe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,766

Post#38 » by And1Skip » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,845

Post#39 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:48 pm

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This was the tunnel club I mentioned in another thread between the dressing rooms so you can see the players walk out , pretty cool

Nice renderings - same as what the Jays did with Skydome

ACC is 25 years old, so good timing on Reno's
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,845

Post#40 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Toronto Raptors