ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

RoteSchroder
Junior
And1: 230

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#21 » by RoteSchroder » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:42 pm

Morse Code wrote:I don't get the Salaun hype. What's the draw behind him?

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM Forums mobile app

He’s 6’9 and lanky.

A lot of people are putting a ton of emphasis into body type over talent.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,288

Post#22 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:47 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:Still very fluid but this is my current drawing board for possible Raptors picks:

Top6:
1. Sarr
2. Topic
3. Risacher
4. Clingan
5. Holland
6. Williams

Pacers pick:
1. Salaun
2. Castle
3. Reed
4. Edey
5. Furphy
6. Walter
7. Carter
8. Smith

#31:
1. Watkins
2. Comche
3. Simpson
4. Clifford
5. Holmes II
6. Klintman
7. Dadiet
8. Sallis
9. Kolek
10. Dunn

UDFA:
1. Ajinca
2. Dante
3. Mogbo
4. Hawkins
5. Alexander
6. Beckman

I don’t think Castle will be there at the Pacers pick. In fact, I rather just grab Castle at 6 than Cody Williams. I am also open to drafting Buzelis over Cody at 6.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,678

Post#23 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sun Apr 7, 2024 3:51 pm

RoteSchroder wrote:
Morse Code wrote:I don't get the Salaun hype. What's the draw behind him?

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM Forums mobile app

He’s 6’9 and lanky.

A lot of people are putting a ton of emphasis into body type over talent.

Which is why I won’t be surprised if Reed Sheppard is a sleeper steal given the narrative around him. All the numbers say he’s a high level talent
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,180

Post#24 » by billy_hoyle » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:18 pm

RoteSchroder wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:Is Castle the new MKG?

I suggest you look up MKG’s shooting form

I'm aware.

Both guys that had obvious questions about their shot (and rated as fringe lottery picks most of the year). Used monster tournament runs to show 'winning attributes'. Both backed up by obvious defensive beast big men (AD vs Clingan). Move all the way into the top 2-3 pick consideration. I find the parallels interesting.

Conversely, sometimes the tournament shows you who a player truely is (Dwade).
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,773

Post#25 » by Kurtz » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:31 pm

Came here to hype Castle a bit, a bit surprised to see so many folks are all over it too. He's mocked mid-lottery pretty much everywhere I've seen but he might be my favourite American prospect. Reminds me of Davion Mitchell but half a foot taller.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,812

Post#26 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:51 pm

billy_hoyle wrote:Is Castle the new MKG?

Based on what? There are limited similarities between them, if any at all.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:52 pm

That nod from Shaq is the seal of approval. Edey will be glazed by Shaq relentlessly.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=iDergfyDJveIq9pY2qCCBQ
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,030

Post#28 » by MEDIC » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:04 pm

The thing I like about Castle most is his court awareness/ processing speed/ passing ability.

He's like a 6'5" Scottie in some ways.

I think he's probably a high end role player unless he figures out how to become a 38%+ three point shooter.

In most drafts I don't think he goes top 6, but in this one I could easily see it.

He's the type of player that fits pretty much any roster.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 460

Post#29 » by youngRAPZ » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:08 pm

MEDIC wrote:The thing I like about Castle most is his court awareness/ processing speed/ passing ability.

He's like a 6'5" Scottie in some ways.

I think he's probably a high end role player unless he figures out how to become a 38%+ three point shooter.

In most drafts I don't think he goes top 6, but in this one I could easily see it.

He's the type of player that fits pretty much any roster.

So he’s AI2?
kingz3290
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#30 » by kingz3290 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:14 pm

We'll be drafting this kid with the first pick we have if it falls between #4-6. Watch this, and tell me if this kid doesn't fit perfectly with Scottie's knack for kicking out to the open man on the perimeter on quick swing passes. This opens up our perimeter offense like you've never seen it before. This kid is going to be an All-Star, and he'll be the first elite scorer we've had in years. Exactly what we need. Look how quick his decision making is. As soon as he has the ball, it's constant pressure for whoever is defending him.Even if you want to give Quickley the keys to the car again next year, drafting this kid makes your roster so much more threatening offensively.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,898

Post#31 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:24 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:Still very fluid but this is my current drawing board for possible Raptors picks:

Top6:
1. Sarr
2. Topic
3. Risacher
4. Clingan
5. Holland
6. Williams

Pacers pick:
1. Salaun
2. Castle
3. Reed
4. Edey
5. Furphy
6. Walter
7. Carter
8. Smith

#31:
1. Watkins
2. Comche
3. Simpson
4. Clifford
5. Holmes II
6. Klintman
7. Dadiet
8. Sallis
9. Kolek
10. Dunn

UDFA:
1. Ajinca
2. Dante
3. Mogbo
4. Hawkins
5. Alexander
6. Beckman

I don’t think Castle will be there at the Pacers pick. In fact, I rather just grab Castle at 6 than Cody Williams. I am also open to drafting Buzelis over Cody at 6.

Still an outside chance Pacers pick goes lottery but even at 12-14 Castle most likely long gone.

I just lumped the players who I am positive on in tiers generally based on the picks. Like Ajinca, no way he goes undrafted, but I can’t see using 31 on him.

Another consideration is if one position is taken to 6, then highly unlikely to take another at Pacers pick. Not drafting Clingan at 6 and then taking Edey at 12-20, wherever Pacers pick lands.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,491

Post#32 » by PD28 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:54 pm

kingz3290 wrote:We'll be drafting this kid with the first pick we have if it falls between #4-6. Watch this, and tell me if this kid doesn't fit perfectly with Scottie's knack for kicking out to the open man on the perimeter on quick swing passes. This opens up our perimeter offense like you've never seen it before. This kid is going to be an All-Star, and he'll be the first elite scorer we've had in years. Exactly what we need. Look how quick his decision making is. As soon as he has the ball, it's constant pressure for whoever is defending him.Even if you want to give Quickley the keys to the car again next year, drafting this kid makes your roster so much more threatening offensively.

Whose your comp for him? I feel like if he has a good combine, he'll def jump up the board.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,107

Post#33 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:01 pm

kingz3290 wrote:We'll be drafting this kid with the first pick we have if it falls between #4-6. Watch this, and tell me if this kid doesn't fit perfectly with Scottie's knack for kicking out to the open man on the perimeter on quick swing passes. This opens up our perimeter offense like you've never seen it before. This kid is going to be an All-Star, and he'll be the first elite scorer we've had in years. Exactly what we need. Look how quick his decision making is. As soon as he has the ball, it's constant pressure for whoever is defending him.Even if you want to give Quickley the keys to the car again next year, drafting this kid makes your roster so much more threatening offensively.

I like Reed but man, that performance against Oakland was such a turnoff. Seems like a player that's scared of the bright lights.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,873

Post#34 » by Pointgod » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:12 pm

TNRaps4life wrote:Mark Sears at 31 if he falls

That’s the Brunson clone?
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,608

Post#35 » by HangTime » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:22 pm

For Castle, I see a "compact" Dwyane Wade offensively.

And defensively he can be a bigger, maybe as pesky, TJ McConnell.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,688

Post#36 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:40 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

I like Reed but man, that performance against Oakland was such a turnoff. Seems like a player that's scared of the bright lights.

As soon as I started liking Reed and watching film he puts up the most disappointing performance ever lol. I think offensively tho he fits very well with Darkos system
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,680

Post#37 » by hype_2004 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:02 pm

Castle with the 6th pick and Edey with the Pacers pick. We get a future star guard and a solid defensive Center with potential to be a solid offensive player as well, can't go wrong with those 2.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,030

Post#38 » by MEDIC » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:05 pm

I get the Dwade lite player comp that people are making, but you could probably say a lot of guards are D-Wade lite. Wade was the clear #1 option at Marquette. He had the superstar "it" factor when you watched him (I am still pissed the Raps took Bosh). He attacked the rim more viciously, had more athleticism, longer arms, higher hops, had to deal with double and triple teams. He also had that Alpha gene.

Some of Castles footwork is similar. Gifted passer. Strong defender. Stong finishing skills.

I just don't see any all NBA level skills/ athleticism/ size in Castle that would translate to becoming a star.

I'd be fine with him as our pick. I would be surprised if the the Raps took him over Clingan though.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,568

Post#39 » by mtcan » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:19 pm

I'm seeing Jimmer Fredette... :wink:
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:23 pm

mtcan wrote:

I'm seeing Jimmer Fredette... :wink:

You’re comparing Reed Sheppard and Jimmer Fredette?

/green font?

Return to Toronto Raptors