ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors record prediction for 23-24

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,474

Re: Raptors record prediction for 23-24 

Post#201 » by Mikistan » Mon Aug 7, 2023 10:17 pm

:lol:
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#202 » by Scase » Tue Aug 8, 2023 4:04 am

Los_29 wrote:
Scase wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
It's a lot easier to be clutch when you're the team's 4th and 5th options and get very little defensive attention.

The literal first bucket the raptors get, is Scottie going up in the paint over both Lopez and Giannis.

Second scoring opportunity Fred gets a steal and fouled.

Third, Scottie goes single coverage against the best defender on the court in Lopez with Siakam and FVV in single coverage from Portis/Allen.

Fourth, Scottie left wide open on the 3 point line as Lopez tries to close out. Siakam is covered by Giannis who is about 10ft+ away and is waiting in the paint for the rebound, boxing out more than playing defense. FVV single coverage by Allen. FVV gets the board, kicks it to GTJ, who is double teamed at the top of the arc, hits it and gets fouled. Siakam at the FT line without a single defender on him, Giannis is under the basket waiting for a rebound.

Fifth, Scottie gets the inbound at the top of the arc, single coverage from Lopez, and then Giannis rotates to double but it's too late, Siakam left alone at the 3pt line by Giannis, FVV at the logo not covered.

Sixth and game tying shot. FVV gets the inbound, Lopez comes over momentarily for a bit of pressure, backs off immediately after the pass to cover Scottie, he hands off to GTJ who is doubled at the top of the arc, then they switch on him with Lopez covering him, he drains a 3. Siakam single coverage by Giannis the entire play under the basket.

It's a lot easier to suggest they are 4/5th options with little defensive attention when you don't bother to actually watch games. Lopez was leading the DPOY ladder at the time, and came in second overall at the end of the year, and he was exclusively guarding Scottie. The 4th best defensive team in the league, and a 2nd year player dropped 15 on them in the 4th basically rallying the team back from an almost guaranteed loss.

Just watch the games, you'll find yourself coming off as more knowledgeable when you do.

You're completely ignoring context. And sorry but I have to laugh at the fact you brought up six different plays from the SAME GAME. You need to get over that game and it just strengthens my argument that you're so heavily invested in a 3 minute stretch where Scottie nailed a few baby hooks on Lopez who was in foul trouble. That's another thing you're ignoring. The Bucks weren't even defending Scottie out on the perimeter and just let him dribble to the basket. It was great that he scored on Lopez but that's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things especially when you consider Lopez couldn't have been as aggressive given the foul trouble he was in. Look at the guys who were considered "the most clutch" last year and look at the players who were considered "the least clutch." Context matters, role matters and you're ignoring both of these factors. Scottie in an increased role last year would not have been clutch. Defenses would key in on him and he would be completely neutralized and ineffective. You can't claim 4th and 5th options are clutch when they aren't doing any of the heavy lifting.

I'm ignoring context? The context of the entire video was the last stretch of the game where there was a comeback. But, again. You're biased as **** with Scottie, so I'm wasting my breath. Keep chugging the haterade my guy.
Props TZ!
Loyal_Canuck
Sophomore
And1: 237

Post#203 » by Loyal_Canuck » Tue Aug 8, 2023 4:23 am

34-48
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,955

Post#204 » by nikster » Tue Aug 8, 2023 11:34 am

Scase wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Scase wrote:The literal first bucket the raptors get, is Scottie going up in the paint over both Lopez and Giannis.

Third, Scottie goes single coverage against the best defender on the court in Lopez with Siakam and FVV in single coverage from Portis/Allen.

Fourth, Scottie left wide open on the 3 point line as Lopez tries to close out. Siakam is covered by Giannis who is about 10ft+ away and is waiting in the paint for the rebound, boxing out more than playing defense. FVV single coverage by Allen. FVV gets the board, kicks it to GTJ, who is double teamed at the top of the arc, hits it and gets fouled. Siakam at the FT line without a single defender on him, Giannis is under the basket waiting for a rebound.

Fifth, Scottie gets the inbound at the top of the arc, single coverage from Lopez, and then Giannis rotates to double but it's too late, Siakam left alone at the 3pt line by Giannis, FVV at the logo not covered.

Sixth and game tying shot. FVV gets the inbound, Lopez comes over momentarily for a bit of pressure, backs off immediately after the pass to cover Scottie, he hands off to GTJ who is doubled at the top of the arc, then they switch on him with Lopez covering him, he drains a 3. Siakam single coverage by Giannis the entire play under the basket.

It's a lot easier to suggest they are 4/5th options with little defensive attention when you don't bother to actually watch games. Lopez was leading the DPOY ladder at the time, and came in second overall at the end of the year, and he was exclusively guarding Scottie. The 4th best defensive team in the league, and a 2nd year player dropped 15 on them in the 4th basically rallying the team back from an almost guaranteed loss.

Just watch the games, you'll find yourself coming off as more knowledgeable when you do.

You're completely ignoring context. And sorry but I have to laugh at the fact you brought up six different plays from the SAME GAME. You need to get over that game and it just strengthens my argument that you're so heavily invested in a 3 minute stretch where Scottie nailed a few baby hooks on Lopez who was in foul trouble. That's another thing you're ignoring. The Bucks weren't even defending Scottie out on the perimeter and just let him dribble to the basket. It was great that he scored on Lopez but that's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things especially when you consider Lopez couldn't have been as aggressive given the foul trouble he was in. Look at the guys who were considered "the most clutch" last year and look at the players who were considered "the least clutch." Context matters, role matters and you're ignoring both of these factors. Scottie in an increased role last year would not have been clutch. Defenses would key in on him and he would be completely neutralized and ineffective. You can't claim 4th and 5th options are clutch when they aren't doing any of the heavy lifting.

I'm ignoring context? The context of the entire video was the last stretch of the game where there was a comeback. But, again. You're biased as **** with Scottie, so I'm wasting my breath. Keep chugging the haterade my guy.

Yeah you are. First bucket Scottie just caught a pass in the paint entirely creates for him by Pascal and Fred. Strong finsih but the defense was out of position. Second bucket was a pick and Roll where Lopez just let him walk into a wide open push shot. At the 3 point line the Bucks gave him all the time in the world to get that shot off. He was not tightly gaurded on those 3 shot attempts at all. The drive on Lopez was the only shot he created, it was a great play (Lopez Is DPOY because of his help D and rim protection, not because he can stop drives from the perimeter....which is why he was playing so far off Scottie on both the pick and roll and the 3 point attempt). He couldn't create much in iso at the end but Gary hit a tough 3.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,220

Post#205 » by Mister Ze » Tue Aug 8, 2023 3:35 pm

36 wins, lose in the play-in with a 1-1 record.

End of season presser Masai preaches patience and wants people to recognize they went 0-1 in the playin last year
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,998

Post#206 » by Los_29 » Wed Aug 9, 2023 12:33 am

Scase wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Scase wrote:The literal first bucket the raptors get, is Scottie going up in the paint over both Lopez and Giannis.

No, I'm objective, not biased. Nikster did a great job of highlighting all of the things that you missed.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,679

Post#207 » by sbsat » Wed Aug 9, 2023 1:28 am

40 wins
will
RealGM
And1: 49,987
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#208 » by will » Wed Aug 9, 2023 1:30 am

80-2
BlackThought
Sixth Man
And1: 1,575

Post#209 » by BlackThought » Wed Aug 9, 2023 5:13 am

I'm going with 30 wins and us giving up the #9 pick.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,094

Post#210 » by mihaic » Wed Aug 9, 2023 5:55 am

will wrote:80-2

We lose one in Denver only due to altitude, obviously, but I don't see where we lose the other.

I hope we make the playoffs just to convey the pick and get over it, or be in bottom 4. So 80-2 or 2-80 both work for me.
iBall101
Pro Prospect
And1: 271

Post#211 » by iBall101 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:56 am

7 or 8 seed. 44 wins
:nod: Masai’s Raptors :nod:

PG: I. Quickley/ T. Horton-Tucker/ J. Freeman
SG: G. Trent Jr./ G. Dick/ B. Brown
SF: R. Barrett/ O. Agbaji / G. Temple
PF: S. Barnes/ T. Lyles/ J. Crowder
C: J. Poeltl/ K. Olynk/ J. Porter
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#212 » by Raps Militia » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:05 am

45-37

53-29 w/Lillard
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,232

Post#213 » by HumbleRen » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:53 pm

ESPN’s record predictions for the eastern conference:

1. Celtics: 55-27
2. Bucks: 54-28
3. Cavaliers: 50-32
4. 76ers: 47-35
5. Heat: 46-36
6. Knicks: 46-36
7. Hawks: 41-41
8. Nets: 39-43
9. Pacers: 38-44
10. Magic: 38-44
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,387

Post#214 » by ItsDanger » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:28 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10086295-win-loss-predictions-for-every-team-following-complete-nba-2023-24-schedule-release

36-46 predicted record. Orlando, Indiana slightly ahead of Raps. Not a lot of variation in these predicted W/L records.

"The Toronto Raptors' X-factor is point Scottie Barnes.

He was more a lead creator in college than he's been in the NBA, but his ultimate ceiling is most likely reached in that role. With his own lack of shooting, he's an easier assignment if he's playing off the ball. Defenses can simply sag off him and help on drivers."

Depends on where the other players are on the court, they fail to realize the advantage of having a big ball handler that can be physical in the paint. Probably because its from a different era.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#215 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:41 pm

We're winning 48 games lol at all the pessimist

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,799

Post#216 » by Michael Jordan » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 pm

I'm one of the people who thinks losing Fred is addition by subtraction. More ball time for Siakam/OG/Barnes might prove to be beneficial to get them to .500.

Fred was at a 54% TS%

Siakam was 57%
OG was 59%
Barnes was 52% but with a better FG%
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,266

Post#217 » by Zeno » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:08 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:I'm one of the people who thinks losing Fred is addition by subtraction. More ball time for Siakam/OG/Barnes might prove to be beneficial to get them to .500.

Fred was at a 54% TS%

Siakam was 57%
OG was 59%
Barnes was 52% but with a better FG%

If losing Fred is truly addition by subtraction and we were .500 last year than how does your math have us at .500 again in an arguably weaker east?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,848

Post#218 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:15 pm

Losing Fred may not be as impactful so long as guys like Gary/Precious/Scottie rehab their games and bounce back from last year. Gradey will also fill in the shooting gap. Schroeder is going to be very important next season too. A lot of stars have to align, but basically everyone has to be able to take and make 3’s and Scottie/Dennis will have to be competent playmakers.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#219 » by Rapsalot » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:25 pm

As of today: 40-42
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#220 » by Courtside » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:30 pm

47 - 35.