ImageImageImageImageImage

Inside Source:Calderon and Johnson for Butler and Crittenton

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

sadnars
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Inside Source:Calderon and Johnson for Butler and Crittenton 

Post#201 » by sadnars » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:53 am

while i dont think this is creidble(sorry bro too good to be true) if in fact it is i think b.c should change it to this

to wash:
wright
rasho
calderon
weems

to tor:
butler
stevenson[/quote]

Trade checker successful and this trade would be great.
Agent_Zero
Banned User

Post#202 » by Agent_Zero » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:54 am

Question... How many more years of failure before we all turn on BC...
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#203 » by why22 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:54 am

sadnars wrote:while i dont think this is creidble(sorry bro too good to be true) if in fact it is i think b.c should change it to this

to wash:
wright
rasho
calderon
weems

to tor:
butler
stevenson

Trade checker successful and this trade would be great.[/quote]

yes 1 a.m on a saturday night, why cant i dream
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#204 » by hsb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:55 am

If they need salary cap relief, giving Banks (the defender Boykins is not), Wright, 3 million (which was given last year) and rights to their European SF draft pick seems out there but makes sense. It would be better they flip him to Philadelphia, while T.O. gets Iguodala and Crittenton. The Raps can offer Rasho and POB to solidify the numbers with the 76ers. Rasho gets bought out. Replacing 5 years of A.I. for 2 years of Butler. Butler expiring can be added to the list for Philadelphia next year, creating an interesting scenario fans and the GM can look forward to. With that, I'm going to get something to eat lol.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,094

Post#205 » by mihaic » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:56 am

t2thadot wrote:I have inside sources that are telling me that the OP is full of ****

I have inside sources tht are telling me you don't even know who the OP is....

And yes he is full of ****. I hope we are both wrong
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#206 » by 99 Problems » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:57 am

ghuytro wrote:
kwamebargnani wrote:Should we take this thread seriously or what

It's not hurting anyone.

People are having a pretty good civil discussion.

It's providing some entertainment for us Saturday night shut-ins. My wife just made me watch a chick flick so I'd rather be entertained by this to cleanse my man-pallet.

:lol:
Agent_Zero
Banned User

Post#207 » by Agent_Zero » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:58 am

hsb wrote:If they need salary cap relief, giving Banks (the defender Boykins is not), Wright, 3 million (which was given last year) and rights to their European SF draft pick seems out there but makes sense. It would be better they flip him to Philadelphia, while T.O. gets Iguodala and Crittenton. The Raps can offer Rasho and POB to solidify the numbers with the 76ers. Rasho gets bought out. Replacing 5 years of A.I. for 2 years of Butler. Butler expiring can be added to the list for Philadelphia next year, creating an interesting scenario fans and the GM can look forward to. With that, I'm going to get something to eat lol.

Seriously... You need to take a lap... I think this should go down for stupidest post of the week. :lol:
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#208 » by zilby » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:59 am

seems like they really want crittenton gone.

i am good for this even if we lose amir.

Bargs/Rasho/POB
Bosh/Evans/?
Hudo/Wright/Weems
Butler/Derozan/Marco/Weems
Jack/Banks/Crittenton
Hawaiian pizza is good.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#209 » by hsb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:03 am

Agent_Zero wrote:
hsb wrote:If they need salary cap relief, giving Banks (the defender Boykins is not), Wright, 3 million (which was given last year) and rights to their European SF draft pick seems out there but makes sense. It would be better they flip him to Philadelphia, while T.O. gets Iguodala and Crittenton. The Raps can offer Rasho and POB to solidify the numbers with the 76ers. Rasho gets bought out. Replacing 5 years of A.I. for 2 years of Butler. Butler expiring can be added to the list for Philadelphia next year, creating an interesting scenario fans and the GM can look forward to. With that, I'm going to get something to eat lol.

Seriously... You need to take a lap... I think this should go down for stupidest post of the week. :lol:

Lol, I was smiling while I wrote that. Bit bored here. But the 3 million supplements most of Banks contract, basically makes Caron an expiring especially considering the savings on the luxury tax. Philly becomes one Brand trade away from having zero bad contracts. This trade proposal was made in jest, don't be judgmental.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#210 » by RapsFanInOhio » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:05 am

To Toronto:
Foye
Butler
Stevenson
Blatche

To Washington:
Belinelli
Jose
POB
Wright
Amir

..works in the trade checker. Not happening, but I figured I'd toss out my hopes like everybody else in this thread. Could you imagine that? :o :pray:
Foye/Jack/Banks
Butler/DD/Weems/Stevenson
Hedo/Butler/Weems
Bosh/Blatche/Evans
Bargs/Rasho

Oh, and:

-Butler can play the 2. He and Hedo together is not a problem.

-Amir will have to be in any trade with Washington because Flip loves him as another poster mentioned. I could see this being a deal breaker for us because who knows when Evans is going to be back and he won't have the same impact as Amir will because he isn't as big. I think people here are sort of underestimating the value Amir has to both us and around the league. We'll do everything we can to re-sign him this offseason, and I would hate to lose him unless we got some 4/5 depth in return.

-We would probably have to take Stevenson in any deal also.

-I'm not sure they would mind taking on Calderon's deal because they're looking for a change and Arenas' contract is going to get voided IMO. But, we would have to save them $ this season and next and give back talent.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
t2thadot
Banned User

Post#211 » by t2thadot » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:09 am

Who's down to jump raptorsgenius7? :D
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#212 » by raps4life~ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:30 am

Sorry, I don't want to read the last 14 pages, but has someone confirmed this guys credibility?
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#213 » by _Mantofini_ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 am

raps4life~ wrote:Sorry, I don't want to read the last 14 pages, but has someone confirmed this guys credibility?

There was a post with a bunch of examples of information that didn't pan out. Then again there were also a few other guys saying some of the OPs stuff has panned out before. I want the time back it took me to read those pages but the least I can do is prevent you from wasting your time.

I'd say overall the response is 80% think the OP has bogus sources and 20% claim OP has been legit before.

Enjoy the extra free time!
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#214 » by draft » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 am

It's hard to believe any of these supposed inside sources. There are probably 5 people who know about any trade discussions. They are the gm, assistant gm, head coach and a couple of scouts or salary cap guys. A security guard or an usher or a chef is not going to know anything about these discussions.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#215 » by basketball royalty » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:38 am

I'd love Caron Butler on the Raps, though I don't think he do well playing the 2. Would love to see us swap Hedo for him though.
props to Turbozone for the sig
True Fu-Schnick
Banned User

Post#216 » by True Fu-Schnick » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:46 am

Is there anyone that knows if Butler can play defense? Could he be defending a vince carter/wade/lebron/joe johnson? Serious question. i just wanted to know.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#217 » by basketball royalty » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:56 am

True Fu-Schnick wrote:Is there anyone that knows if Butler can play defense? Could he be defending a vince carter/wade/lebron/joe johnson? Serious question. i just wanted to know.

I think Bulter is a solid defender at the very least. He has always been a guy who gets steals at least.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#218 » by Lionel Messi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:57 am

Agent_Zero wrote:LOL... Another trade to appease the fan base and Bosh.. When will it ever end.. LOL

So your idea of trading for gilbert arenas' injury prone monsterous contract is better than this? Dear lord someone lacks perspective :roll:
basketball420
Head Coach
And1: 461

Post#219 » by basketball420 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:18 am

I also heard a Wizards offer that includes Jamison and Butler for Bosh and not sure who else
Helloooo
basketball420
Head Coach
And1: 461

Post#220 » by basketball420 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:20 am

Landry, Brooks, and Ariza or Scola has been thrown out there as well for Bosh and filler...but I don't know the specifics...don't flame I just heard a lot of different names thrown out for Bosh and not sure whom else
Helloooo

Return to Toronto Raptors