ImageImageImageImageImage

GT#76 - Raps @ Wolves Wed Apr 3 @ 8 PM EDT TSN/590 - 6 Games Left

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,568

Re: GT#76 - Raps @ Wolves Wed Apr 3 @ 8 PM EDT TSN/590 - 6 Games Left 

Post#241 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:17 am

sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
So why are u watching the games? On. A game thread? Nothing matters

I'm watching to see our rookie. That's all. Not expecting a win. Don't really want a win given the situation.

Oh i see. So our rookies play matters. But nothing our rookie coach does matter. Got it, sound logic

That's right. I'm watching our rookie put up shots and get reps.

Our rookie coach is coaching a G-League team against one of the best teams in the league. WTF are you expecting?
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,277

Post#242 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:17 am

Klomp wrote:I feel for you guys right now. We felt your pain as Wolves fans from 2009 to 2011. The start of the David Kahn era. Kurt Rambis. Darko Milicic as "manna from heaven." A dark, dark time. But better times are ahead.

A lot of people here thinks it's a one year tank and we will be back to being good in like 1 year or 2 :lol: :lol:
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,589

Post#243 » by Brinbe » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:17 am

go grizz!
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,065

Post#244 » by Duffman100 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:17 am

Klomp wrote:I feel for you guys right now. We felt your pain as Wolves fans from 2009 to 2011. The start of the David Kahn era. Kurt Rambis. Darko Milicic as "manna from heaven." A dark, dark time. But better times are ahead.

Hey we don't need any of your "I understand the dark times".

We've been through our own dark times in the past thank you very much. :lol:
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,773

Post#245 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:18 am

The G-league Ignite could have beat us tonight, and they've been disbanded.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,464

Post#246 » by TimeForChange » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:20 am

Chandan wrote:

A lot of people here thinks it's a one year tank and we will be back to being good in like 1 year or 2 :lol: :lol:

playoffs next year man :lol:
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,679

Post#247 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:20 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:I'm watching to see our rookie. That's all. Not expecting a win. Don't really want a win given the situation.

Oh i see. So our rookies play matters. But nothing our rookie coach does matter. Got it, sound logic

Our rookie coach is coaching a G-League team against one of the best teams in the league. WTF are you expecting?

I am allowed to contextually assess and form an opinion on our coach. I expect a loss. What i dont expe t os losing in embarassing fashion night in and night out.

If you expect gradey to score 20 and he scores 20 pts on 50% shooting vs scoring 20 pts on 30% shooting will it change the way you asses gradey? I think it will. Its not that difficult.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,277

Post#248 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:21 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:I'm watching to see our rookie. That's all. Not expecting a win. Don't really want a win given the situation.

And yet when Darko had a roster of OG, Siakam, Poeltl, Scottie and Dennis it doesn't count because some of the guy's head just "werent in it" or "had one foot out of the door".
There's always an excuse.
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 540

Post#249 » by CazOnReal » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:21 am

Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,282

Post#250 » by Childs » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:21 am

PushDaRock wrote:Good news is we avoided losing by 50, bad news is we set a new franchise record losing by 48.

Oh man, worst loss and longest losing streak in the same year?

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,499

Post#251 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:22 am

Chandan wrote:

That will depend a lot on Scottie Barnes. I do think that with health this year you could have been in the play-in conversation. But the franchise has to decide if that's the ultimate goal. If it is, then it might only be a year or two.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
mtcan
RealGM

Post#252 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:23 am

sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:

I am allowed to contextually assess and form an opinion on our coach. I expect a loss. What i dont expe t os losing in embarassing fashion night in and night out.

If you expect gradey to score 20 and he scores 20 pts on 50% shooting vs scoring 20 pts on 30% shooting will it change the way you asses gradey? I think it will. Its not that difficult.

No you're not when the coach is playing 8 guys and 6 of those 8 guys should only ever play in garbage time...except that they are playing 25+ minutes each. You're wasting your time drawing conclusions from that. So your outrage is misplaced and inappropriate given the reality of the situation.

And I fully expect our rookie like most rookies to have a good game and a bad game here and there. It's part of growing.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,499

Post#253 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:24 am

Duffman100 wrote:

Raptors: One season under 20 wins
Wolves: Six seasons under 20 wins

:wink:
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#254 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:24 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:That's right. I'm watching our rookie put up shots and get reps.

No you're not when the coach is playing 8 guys and 6 of those 8 guys should only ever play in garbage time...except that they are playing 25+ minutes each. You're wasting your time drawing conclusions from that. So your outrage is misplaced and inappropriate given the reality of the situation.

I am not drawing conclusions based off of one game jesus.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,065

Post#255 » by Duffman100 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:26 am

Klomp wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

Raptors: One season under 20 wins
Wolves: Six seasons under 20 wins

:wink:

Touché
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,180

Post#256 » by billy_hoyle » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:28 am

TimeForChange wrote:
DG88 wrote:Well looks like the Pacers lost and the Grizzlies are about to win.

memphis got some players back and instead of tanking, they realized picking in the top-5 of this draft is stupid

No. I think they realized that losing doesn't greatly improve their odds, they also own their pick, so they don't need to worry about losing it
mtcan
RealGM

Post#257 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:30 am

sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Drawing conclusions from any game since Scottie went down...is pointless.

Hell...drawing conclusions from this mess of a season is pointless. Clearly a trade was needed and a shake-up of the roster was needed ever since last summer...so while I'm disappointed we didn't start the season well...once the trades started happening you had expect the team to take a step back. Too much change all at once. Too many guys playing for their next contracts. Not enough time to gel before Scottie went down and once that happened...everyone knew the tank was going to happen.

No point drawing any conclusions from this season.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,464

Post#258 » by TimeForChange » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:32 am

imagine darko keeps losing thinking that's what management wants and they fire him anyways because his teams have not been prepared to play all season.

man that would be incredible :lol:
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#259 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:35 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:No you're not when the coach is playing 8 guys and 6 of those 8 guys should only ever play in garbage time...except that they are playing 25+ minutes each. You're wasting your time drawing conclusions from that. So your outrage is misplaced and inappropriate given the reality of the situation.

Drawing conclusions from any game since Scottie went down...is pointless.

Hell...drawing conclusions from this mess of a season is pointless. Clearly a trade was needed and a shake-up of the roster was needed ever since last summer...so while I'm disappointed we didn't start the season well...once the trades started happening you had expect the team to take a step back. Too much change all at once. Too many guys playing for their next contracts. Not enough time to gel before Scottie went down and once that happened...everyone knew the tank was going to happen.

No point drawing any conclusions from this season.

I dont live my life throwing away information . That makes zero sense. You dont seem to understand this very basic concept despite me explaining it on 5 different ways. Be well
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,438

Post#260 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:35 am

Say what you want about Darko having to coach a g league team. The fact is the players haven’t been ready to play for him throughout the year. Even when we had our full team at the start of the season. That is definitely a cause for concern for darko

Return to Toronto Raptors