ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

gha4life
Rookie
And1: 392

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4 

Post#301 » by gha4life » Mon May 13, 2024 2:07 am

DG88 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
DG88 wrote:Still have to look at the film on Carrington but he's on my radar though.

His %'s aren't great because he's taking such difficult 3's on the move and from NBA and beyond range at times. He looks like he'll able to make an kind of shot. He at least looks balanced even on transition 3's.

Watched a couple vids and he looks impressive my main concern is he really relies on his jumpshot. Would like to see more rim pressure from him. May see more of it in a more open court in the NBA.

He would be perfect for orlando
rapsincr
Starter
And1: 2,326

Post#302 » by rapsincr » Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 am

KawhiSoSerious wrote:
ontnut wrote:
KawhiSoSerious wrote:
The most you could have been off is two picks if you are banking on the pick conveying this year.

Ummmmm…yeah. I’m captain obvious.

the irony of him posting that to you after his own post is gold, jerry, gold!
rapsincr
Starter
And1: 2,326

Post#303 » by rapsincr » Mon May 13, 2024 2:12 am

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:Masai I'm sure views Maluach as some kind of ubermensch, the greatest most perfect African prospect to emerge during his time that he can conceivably acquire. Their destinies are already tied together. Masai will trade every asset not named Scottie Barnes for him. Just wait and see.

you could have fit all of that annoying xenophobia into 1 post you know, no need to make people read that crap 2 posts in a row.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#304 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:13 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Do we swing for the fences at 19, or at 31?

Chomche?

I've seen his name mentioned by everyone, I'll give him a look.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,680

Post#305 » by hype_2004 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:15 am

This draft is a crapshoot 19th pick might just be as good as the top 5, Masai and his staff got some work to do to get that diamond in rough player.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,834

Post#306 » by WuTang_OG » Mon May 13, 2024 2:20 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Do we swing for the fences at 19, or at 31?

I think Masai takes a swing at 19
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,867

Post#307 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon May 13, 2024 2:21 am

What y'all thinking as far as the picks at 19 and 31, I got Yves Missi and KJ Simpson
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,581

Post#308 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 2:22 am

My early guess at the top 10..

1. ATL - Sarr
2. WAS - Dillingham
3. HOU - Sheppard
4. SAS - Risacher
5. DET - Buzelis
6. CHA - Castle
7. POR - Holland
8. SAS - Topic
9. MEM - Clingan
10. UT - McCain
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#309 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon May 13, 2024 2:26 am

PhilBlackson wrote:My early guess at the top 10..

1. ATL - Sarr
2. WAS - Dillingham
3. HOU - Sheppard
4. SAS - Risacher
5. DET - Buzelis
6. CHA - Castle
7. POR - Holland
8. SAS - Topic
9. MEM - Clingan
10. UT - McCain

I think this top 10 highlights just how mediocre this draft is at the top when Dillingham and Sheppard are mocked that high
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#310 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 2:42 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:What y'all thinking as far as the picks at 19 and 31, I got Yves Missi and KJ Simpson

I hate the idea of drafting Missi, it's obvious how much better the offence looks with Olynk but the obvious problem is he's too small defensively. So it would make much more sense to draft Ware or even Chomche (who I think everyone already has that gut feeling we're taking with one pick or the other), because they will give the same added rim protection & rebounding but still at least have the potential to spread the floor. I don't want Capela 2.0.

That aside I think Raps will target a backup PG with the 19th (one of McCain, Collier or Carter). Should they be gone, then one of Ware or Chomche then look to grab Tyson (or Sears) with the DET pick. Then sign Tyus Jones instead of bringing back Gary.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#311 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon May 13, 2024 2:47 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:What y'all thinking as far as the picks at 19 and 31, I got Yves Missi and KJ Simpson

I hate the idea of drafting Missi, it's obvious how much better the offence looks with Olynk but the obvious problem is he's too small defensively. So it would make much more sense to draft Ware or even Chomche (who I think everyone already has that gut feeling we're taking with one pick or the other), because they will give the same added rim protection & rebounding but still at least have the potential to spread the floor. I don't want Capela 2.0.

That aside I think Raps will target a backup PG with the 19th (one of McCain, Collier or Carter). Should they be gone, then one of Ware or Chomche then look to grab Tyson (or Sears) with the DET pick. Then sign Tyus Jones instead of bringing back Gary.

Just saw highlights of Chomche, yea I can see why folks are mocking him to the Raps lol
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#312 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 2:55 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:My early guess at the top 10..

1. ATL - Sarr
2. WAS - Dillingham
3. HOU - Sheppard
4. SAS - Risacher
5. DET - Buzelis
6. CHA - Castle
7. POR - Holland
8. SAS - Topic
9. MEM - Clingan
10. UT - McCain

I think this top 10 highlights just how mediocre this draft is at the top when Dillingham and Sheppard are mocked that high

Idk I'm certainly not saying this is a strong draft class by any means but I do think the hate on it is overblown...

Would it surprise me if Sarr is comparable to Mobley?! Not really and he's actually even quicker yet people LOVED Mobley going into the draft. Would it surprise me if either of Dillingham or Sheppard end up being comparable to Scoot?! I don't bank on it but I don't think it's far out to think Dillangham could be a Garland level player., I could see Sheppard being comparable to Cason. Could I see one of Risacher or Buzelis being at a similar level to Brandon Miller?! I ofc favour Miller but I don't think the gap is that huge between them as prospects that it's unthinkable. I think Castle could be as good as Anthony Black or be a similar style of player to Ausar. I could see Ware being similar Lively with better shooting touch (if he's used properly in a PnR).

Of course there's a chance that they don't pan out as good as the names I compared each too but I just don't think it's all that crazy that this draft could end up having a number of fairly decent players. Yeah there's no "sexy" obvious superstar pick and I think due to that this draft class gets a bad rap but I do think it's led to it reaching the point of being unfairly overly critical of the class. There's still some solid potential here or there, there's just no franchise level player.
REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#313 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Mon May 13, 2024 3:01 am

rapsincr wrote:
REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:Masai I'm sure views Maluach as some kind of ubermensch, the greatest most perfect African prospect to emerge during his time that he can conceivably acquire. Their destinies are already tied together. Masai will trade every asset not named Scottie Barnes for him. Just wait and see.

you could have fit all of that annoying xenophobia into 1 post you know, no need to make people read that crap 2 posts in a row.

If Masai were a Spanish executive and screwed this franchise through favoritism and bias towards Spanish players it would never cross your mind (we all know why) to use the term xenophobia when reading posts critical of such favoritism and I would certainly be equally critical of him.

Fact is I like Maluach. Nothing wrong with painting a vivid picture of Masai foaming at the mouth to get his hands on him, which he probably is and should be teased about indefinitely due to the damage his favoritism is potentially capable of doing to the franchise.

There's literally nothing I said that is remotely bigoted towards Africans, just criticism of a basketball executive who happens to be African and is biased (openly) towards players from his home continent. He's not exempt from jokes or criticism and rude comments like yours shouldn't be allowed to effectively silence such criticism or mockery. Grow a spine and stop accusing people of things you don't understand with words too big for your vocabulary.
REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#314 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Mon May 13, 2024 3:02 am

Hopefully Filipowski falls due to concerns about his hips or something. If not Missi and even Edey could be in play if they're there at 19 given the Raptors stated intentions and tendencies.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,377

Post#315 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 13, 2024 3:05 am

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:
rapsincr wrote:

If Masai were a Spanish executive and screwed this franchise through favoritism and bias towards Spanish players it would never cross your mind (we all know why) to use the term xenophobia when reading posts critical of such favoritism and I would certainly be equally critical of him.

Fact is I like Maluach. Nothing wrong with painting a vivid picture of Masai foaming at the mouth to get his hands on him, which he probably is and should be teased about indefinitely due to the damage his favoritism is potentially capable of doing to the franchise.

There's literally nothing I said that is remotely bigoted towards Africans, just criticism of a basketball executive who happens to be African and is biased (openly) towards players from his home continent. He's not exempt from jokes or criticism and rude comments like yours shouldn't be allowed to effectively silence such criticism or mockery. Grow a spine and stop accusing people of things you don't understand with words too big for your vocabulary.

Yeah, I’m still trying to get over the damage of grabbing Siakam and OG and trading for Ibaka.

Hopefully he picks a good old American boy like Flynn this time.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,526

Post#316 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 am

PhilBlackson wrote:

I would think Orlando would be looking at Tyus Jones. They can offer the starting job and more money than we should be paying for a backup
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#317 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:10 am

Chomche does remind me of a bigger Bruno, he's not as raw as Bruno coming out of the draft, so maybe 1 yr away from being 1yr away. I would understand the gamble at 31 tho.
Ideally he grows another inch to become a true 7footer

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM

Post#318 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 am

Chomche reminds me of Ibaka
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,032

Post#319 » by MEDIC » Mon May 13, 2024 3:18 am

Masai has to nail both picks. We need players that help & we need assets for down the road.

We need defenders and we need shooters.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#320 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 3:19 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

I would think Orlando would be looking at Tyus Jones. They can offer the starting job and more money than we should be paying for a backup

I like that fit although I’m not so sure that he’s guaranteed a starting spot should ORL actually sign Klay. Of course I do think Klay is leveraging them to get GSW to up their offer BUT should they not get it done or ORL throws him a bag & signs (which I could easily see like HOU just did). It would be in their best interest to keep Suggs in defensively to make up for an old ass Klay being a shell of himself on that end. So there is a chance Jones would find himself in a similar circumstance.

Of course I think he’d favour ORL, I threw out the idea without considering their interest. I hadn’t heard any rumours of him going there so I didn’t even make the connection but I do like the fit. But I’m just saying I’d rather use the money on Tyus before I do Gary if it’s an option.

Return to Toronto Raptors