ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,019

Re: Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8 

Post#341 » by anotherhomer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:53 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

I never heard of the autism thing till reading it tonight a few posts above. Makes no sense to me either but videos like this will feed the jokes

my SO said that he didn't make eye contact when talking to Karla Grey after the pacer's game

note: I'm autistic myself, but it doesn't make sense....a lot of autistic ppl hate noise, and very sensory sensitive though
Statistician MK
Junior
And1: 426

Post#342 » by Statistician MK » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:53 am

UPDATE

Last 16 games for Scottie Barnes:
FT ... 74-83 ... 89.2%

He made the last 12 free throws!
We all have different opinions, and that is one thing that makes this forum great.
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 822

Post#343 » by disoblige » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:58 am

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,106

Post#344 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:59 am

HiJiNX wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

I never heard of the autism thing till reading it tonight a few posts above. Makes no sense to me either but videos like this will feed the jokes

He’s just…dancing…

Not directed at you, Walt. Just weird people taking everything fun or funny he does to mean he has autism (like that’s a bad thing anyway).

Yeah it's weird for sure. Like an internet thing that started somehow and just snowballed
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,209

Post#345 » by HiJiNX » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:01 am

disoblige wrote:Image

Not sure what needs more work—Scottie’s handle or his fashion.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,106

Post#346 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:05 am

anotherhomer wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

my SO said that he didn't make eye contact when talking to Karla Grey after the pacer's game

note: I'm autistic myself, but it doesn't make sense....a lot of autistic ppl hate noise, and very sensory sensitive though

I'm no expert though I do have a niece who's non verbal autistic which is a whole different ballgame. But it's called spectrum for a reason right, everyone's different with a wide range of behaviors and symptoms.

On another note, Kayla Gray is very short. I'd like to see if he looks Savannah in the eye in an interview.

He is pretty awkward and inarticulate in interviews, that may improve as he gets older.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,019

Post#347 » by anotherhomer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:09 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:I never heard of the autism thing till reading it tonight a few posts above. Makes no sense to me either but videos like this will feed the jokes

I'm no expert though I do have a niece who's non verbal autistic which is a whole different ballgame. But it's called spectrum for a reason right, everyone's different with a wide range of behaviors and symptoms.

On another note, Kayla Gray is very short. I'd like to see if he looks Savannah in the eye in an interview.

He is pretty awkward and inarticulate in interviews, that may improve as he gets older.

same, i'm no expert....that's true...there's a wide range, and some common characteristics
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,106

Post#348 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:02 am

Read on Twitter
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,525
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#349 » by SharoneWright » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:33 am

Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,574

Post#350 » by Tha Cynic » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:54 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:I never heard of the autism thing till reading it tonight a few posts above. Makes no sense to me either but videos like this will feed the jokes

I have an autistic son and there is a spectrum (Elon Musk for example is autistic), but nothing about Barnes screams autistic. I think he is introverted and has a hard time around people and overcompensates at times. He's also very awkward. I don't want to give this any more attention than it deserves but to me the biggest thing is the people commenting than Barnes. It kind of reminds me what my son for example will have to deal with as he grows older.

The whole not looking at the interviewer - this is a very NBA thing. Watch most post game interviews and the player pretty much never looks directly at the interviewer, especially when it's a female lol.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,828

Post#351 » by dTox » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:28 am

Chandan wrote:
Statistician MK wrote:Last 15 games for Scottie Barnes:
Free Throws ...... 69-78 ... 88.5%

Pretty impressive!

Ever since he told Dennis to **** off and let him shoot the technicals free throws his FT% have been on point.
Ever since Dennis himself f*cked off, this team has been great.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,226

Post#352 » by Mark_83 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:44 am

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,825

Post#353 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:27 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

The autism thing is a "meme" started r/NBACircleJerk. That subreddit thinks that disability jokes, gay jokes, trans jokes, etc. are still funny. Their members literally spend all day posting pictures/videos of NBA players and calling them gay or autistic. They also find LeBron's hairline an amusing topic, for some reason.

It's quite possibly the least funny "meme" subreddit I've ever had the misfortune of opening.

This is the **** on the front page right now:

- A post making fun of LeBron asking the media to lay off of Bronny
- A LeBron hairline joke
- A post calling Zion a trans woman
- A post calling Jimmy Butler gay because he took a photo with his arm around a teammate
- A post calling Devin Booker gay hecause he took a photo with shirtless teammates in the locker room
- A picture of Scottie's stat line from tonight and the caption "what does this mean for autism"
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,835

Post#354 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:52 pm

Scottie's assist totals over the last 7 games: 12, 10, 3, 8, 9, 10, 8. Averaging 8.6 assists to 3.3 turnovers over this span.

Barnes is picking teams apart once the double comes. Surrounding him with more shooters/creators/cutters has unlocked a lot more passing potential.

Barnes works so well as a central hub as opposed to a primary scoring option. He can take what the defense gives him offensively, but he creates complete havoc when he's finding open players. Now we have guys who can finish plays around the basket or from 3 when Barnes finds them.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,209

Post#355 » by HiJiNX » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:59 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Scottie's assist totals over the last 7 games: 12, 10, 3, 8, 9, 10, 8. Averaging 8.6 assists to 3.3 turnovers over this span.

Barnes is picking teams apart once the double comes. Surrounding him with more shooters/creators/cutters has unlocked a lot more passing potential.

Barnes works so well as a central hub as opposed to a primary scoring option. He can take what the defense gives him, but he creates complete havoc when he's finding open players. Now we have guys who can finish plays around the basket or from 3.

He’s doing a lot of little things like quickly advancing the ball in transition or directing the action when he doesn’t have the ball. Or making the hockey assist. He’s gotta get that jump shot going again, though.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,746

Post#356 » by DG88 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:02 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Scottie's assist totals over the last 7 games: 12, 10, 3, 8, 9, 10, 8. Averaging 8.6 assists to 3.3 turnovers over this span.

Barnes works so well as a central hub as opposed to a primary scoring option. He can take what the defense gives him offensively, but he creates complete havoc when he's finding open players. Now we have guys who can finish plays around the basket or from 3 when Barnes finds them.

This was essentially the blueprint to unlock him. Surround Barnes with shooters and cutters and let him go to work. JJ Reddick said the same thing in his podcast when he brought up his coaching interview with the Raptors.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,746

Post#357 » by DG88 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:02 pm

;ab_channel=ZHHighlights
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,369

Post#358 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm

He is settling into a better role IMO. I still doubt he is ever a true #1 option, but since the Siakam trade he has put up

19.8/7.6/7.2 with 0.9stls and 1/7blks on 55TS%. His efficiency has kind of tanked but that was to be expected as his 3 pointer was completely unsustainable earlier in the year.

We really need to just put a great scorer next to Barnes. Even Giannis needs his Middleton, Jokic his Murray, etc. Barnes is closer to those archtypes of stars than he is to a "get out of the way and let me score" type star.

A super-juiced Draymond is a hell of a get
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,369

Post#359 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:23 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

The autism thing is a "meme" started r/NBACircleJerk. That subreddit thinks that disability jokes, gay jokes, trans jokes, etc. are still funny. Their members literally spend all day posting pictures/videos of NBA players and calling them gay or autistic. They also find LeBron's hairline an amusing topic, for some reason.

It's quite possibly the least funny "meme" subreddit I've ever had the misfortune of opening.

This is the **** on the front page right now:

- A post making fun of LeBron asking the media to lay off of Bronny
- A LeBron hairline joke
- A post calling Zion a trans woman
- A post calling Jimmy Butler gay because he took a photo with his arm around a teammate
- A post calling Devin Booker gay hecause he took a photo with shirtless teammates in the locker room
- A picture of Scottie's stat line from tonight and the caption "what does this mean for autism"

It is a nightmare, but also important to recall that entire subreddit is satire and is essentially The Onion
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 822

Post#360 » by disoblige » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Barnes 3's went from .40 to currently .344. Hopefully it does not drop below .333

Return to Toronto Raptors