ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,371

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#341 » by YogurtProducer » Wed May 8, 2024 1:21 pm

Bringing this back to basketball.

I fully expect drake is done with the team. There’s no chance they take even a slight chance the accusations are real. Imagine some sort of evidence dropping and the raptors have an OVO patch on their baseline?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,985

Post#342 » by refshateRaps » Wed May 8, 2024 1:30 pm

deeps6x wrote:Don't give a crap. Move it to the General O/T board.

Another fake azz sell-out rap battle.

You know it's ALL BS when you gotta play whack a mole to keep the crap outta the social feed.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,848

Post#343 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed May 8, 2024 1:46 pm

Public_Enemy101 wrote:Okay, I just listened to that Not Like Us tune and I couldn’t care less who wrote it….

Sounds like absolute Nickelodeon dogsh*t that an 8 year old made with fruity loops.

I’m disappointed in you guys if you call that good music. I really am.

Right? So damn corny lol. Meet the Grahams was the best one imo, though a bit too long but I get why.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,987
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#344 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 3:01 pm

refshateRaps wrote:
deeps6x wrote:Don't give a crap. Move it to the General O/T board.

Another fake azz sell-out rap battle.

You know it's ALL BS when you gotta play whack a mole to keep the crap outta the social feed.

It's a pathetic display from Aubrey and Kendrick. They are both better than and above this.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#345 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed May 8, 2024 5:30 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:Bringing this back to basketball.

I fully expect drake is done with the team. There’s no chance they take even a slight chance the accusations are real. Imagine some sort of evidence dropping and the raptors have an OVO patch on their baseline?

I'd be shocked if they ended their relationship based on gossip in a song. It costs them nothing to associate with him, for starters. If this thing had legs his sponsorship deals would be the first to go.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,303

Post#346 » by ruckus » Wed May 8, 2024 5:52 pm

That BBL Drizzy beat is pretty fire though.

Apparently Metro sampled some AI song a comedian (King Willonius) generated. His insta has some decent content.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,680

Post#347 » by sbsat » Wed May 8, 2024 6:47 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:

I'd be shocked if they ended their relationship based on gossip in a song. It costs them nothing to associate with him, for starters. If this thing had legs his sponsorship deals would be the first to go.

Haha precisely. If any of this had legs actually Drake wouldve been in jail already. This dude seems like an emotionally charged kendrick fan/drake hater
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,438

Post#348 » by ill-Will03 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:06 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
ill-Will03 wrote:Lmao I had no idea Kendrick had so many die hard fans. These guys writing essays to defend him. Wonder why his albums don’t do better numbers..

What kind of numbers do you want this man to do :lol:

That being said… isn’t the Kendrick disses #1 on the charts? How is drakes numbers looking here?

How come he didn’t deny any of the allegations against him? And how come he wrote a whole verse to a kid that doesn’t exist lol.

He never gets to those number 1 songs if drakes name isn’t attached to it. And that’s facts
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,477

Post#349 » by Tor_Raps » Wed May 8, 2024 7:14 pm

sbsat wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

Haha precisely. If any of this had legs actually Drake wouldve been in jail already. This dude seems like an emotionally charged kendrick fan/drake hater

Imagine getting so hyped up that Kendrick has a number 1 song for a week. Drake has lived that life for 12 years. Recency bias is so ridiculous these days lol.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,357

Post#350 » by UnderdogRaptors » Wed May 8, 2024 7:29 pm

ill-Will03 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
ill-Will03 wrote:Lmao I had no idea Kendrick had so many die hard fans. These guys writing essays to defend him. Wonder why his albums don’t do better numbers..

What kind of numbers do you want this man to do :lol:

That being said… isn’t the Kendrick disses #1 on the charts? How is drakes numbers looking here?

How come he didn’t deny any of the allegations against him? And how come he wrote a whole verse to a kid that doesn’t exist lol.

He never gets to those number 1 songs if drakes name isn’t attached to it. And that’s facts

Drake stimulus package
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,073

Post#351 » by carlosey » Wed May 8, 2024 7:31 pm

Kendrick fans are like taylor swift fans in terms of how idiotically tribal they are with their narratives.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,136

Post#352 » by Potential » Wed May 8, 2024 7:47 pm

Always been a fan of both these guys. Love how Drake always puts on for the city. But man I played "not like us" so many times it's such a certified banger. Mustard went crazy making that beat.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#353 » by YogurtProducer » Wed May 8, 2024 7:52 pm

sbsat wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

Wild how out of touch some of you are.

Does no one here know anything about how many rich and famous dudes do sketchy **** for years before they get caught? Cosby, Weinstein, etc. did worse than what Drake is rumored to and it took decades for them to come down.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#354 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed May 8, 2024 8:24 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

Does no one here know anything about how many rich and famous dudes do sketchy **** for years before they get caught? Cosby, Weinstein, etc. did worse than what Drake is rumored to and it took decades for them to come down.

For the record, I'm not denying that the accusations are improbable. I'm saying that there's nothing there beyond some internet gossip at this point, and so I doubt the Raptors would be worried about it. These allegations have been around a long time and the extent of damning evidence seems to be that Drake kissed a 17 year old onstage years ago. If it wasn't a big deal then, I don't see how it's a deal breaker now just because a famous rapper brought it up in a musical argument.

If some women start talking to the media or charges get pressed, then I think you would see a shift in corporate attitude.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#355 » by YogurtProducer » Wed May 8, 2024 8:45 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
sbsat wrote:

For the record, I'm not denying that the accusations are improbable. I'm saying that there's nothing there beyond some internet gossip at this point, and so I doubt the Raptors would be worried about it. These allegations have been around a long time and the extent of damning evidence seems to be that Drake kissed a 17 year old onstage years ago. If it wasn't a big deal then, I don't see how it's a deal breaker now just because a famous rapper brought it up in a musical argument.

If some women start talking to the media or charges get pressed, then I think you would see a shift in corporate attitude.

We currently have millions of streams in which the premise of the song is that Drake is a pedophile and that OVO is now being sung as "O-V-Hoe".

If you don't think the Raptors are talking about this IDK what to say. They are 100% going to likely distance themselves from Drake, even if it is somewhat of an overreaction. No NBA team will want to associate with this beef on the off chance the accusations are actually accurate. Drake is already barely seen here, it would not take much for them to severe ties quietly.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#356 » by sbsat » Wed May 8, 2024 9:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

Cosby weinstein et all committed their atrocious crimes before the digital age. You cannot pull the garbage they did at the level they did it in todays world. Its not possible.

I am not denying drake is a creep with very questionable tendencies. I think he grooms them young and waits. Hes very very careful but nothing he does is breaking the law. Just take the kdot blinders off for a second and think critically.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#357 » by sbsat » Wed May 8, 2024 9:13 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Wild how out of touch some of you are.

We currently have millions of streams in which the premise of the song is that Drake is a pedophile and that OVO is now being sung as "O-V-Hoe".

If you don't think the Raptors are talking about this IDK what to say. They are 100% going to likely distance themselves from Drake, even if it is somewhat of an overreaction. No NBA team will want to associate with this beef on the off chance the accusations are actually accurate. Drake is already barely seen here, it would not take much for them to severe ties quietly.

Mlse will distance themselves from drake if he no longer serves them (ie people dont like him anymore), which could happen who knows. Mlse will not distance themselves from him because someone else called him a pedo or ov hoe without an ounce of proof or even first person testimony they saw or experienced something inappropriate. Thats lunacy
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#358 » by Dalek » Wed May 8, 2024 9:25 pm

On a side bball note, Kendrick did reference Demar Derozan in Not like us: “I’m glad DeRoz’ came home, ya’ll didn’t deserve him neither.”

Not Like Us has levels. Kendrick agenda wasn't just about Drake's behavior and Drake not being black enough, it was also about Canadians - the ultimate "Not like Us". Americans love their superiority complex.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,118

Post#359 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed May 8, 2024 9:57 pm

The point of a rap battle is to evaluate the quality of the diss tracks and decide on a winner based on who had the better bars.

It's clear, and quite evident in this thread, that people declared Kendrick the winner because of Drake's "off-court issues".

I've never been a big fan of Drake, I appreciate what he's done for the city but in terms of GTA music there are SEVERAL talents that I like over him (The Weeknd, Tory Lanez, PartyNextDoor, DVSN).

None of Drake's albums are anywhere near my top 10 hip-hop/rap albums. Possibly not even top 20.
(F&L, The Cool, Illmatic, Late Registration, College Dropout, TCII & III, Blueprint - some of my personal favorites off the top of my head in no order).

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID - I've been listening to Rap music for a VERY LONG time. I can admit Kendrick is, and always has been, the better lyricist in comparison to Drake.

However, I would not use this "rap battle" to support that claim. Because if we're evaluating each track solely based off lyricism then Drake, for sure, got the better of Kendrick.

Kendrick's delivery and flow is lethal, so even if he says the most basic line like "your son's a sick man with sick thoughts, I think n***** like him should die" - people will go bezerk over it. Like calm down...

Or when Kendrick said "there's no big 3, only big me" - people thought it was some monumental diss. :lol:

MTG was my personal favorite, Euphoria A VERY CLOSE 2nd - however, MTG is just straight up weird now cuz he dedicates a good chunk of the track to a non-existent child that was supposed to be Drake's daughter. He looks like a fool now. But nonetheless, I commend his strategy to drop it right after Family Matter.

My favorite line from Kendrick was "Tryna strike a chord and it's probably A minor" - see now that is called bars.

But Drake countered that beautifully with: "You mentionin' A minor, but n****s gotta B sharp and tell the fans, "Who was it?"
You thought you left D flat, D major ('D made ya')"

Spoiler:
Drake recites the line to sound like he is also saying, “D made ya”, claiming that Kendrick’s success is thanks to what Drake has done for him. In February of 2012 Drake invited Kendrick to open on the Club Paradise Tour when he was on the come up. This helped Kendrick garner attention during the early phase of his career.

Now those are the types of bars I wanted to hear. But this battle got weird real quick.
From both rapper spewing nonsense to people declaring Kendrick the winner before even giving Drake a chance.

I'm impressed by Drake, because he didn't back down from a literal 20v1 and even held his own against Kendrick, who is a very good (not elite) lyricist in his own right.
But people won't give Drake credit because he's an alleged pedo... even though that literally has nothing to do with who makes better music.

Refer to:
https://genius.com/Drake-push-ups-lyrics
https://genius.com/Drake-family-matters-lyrics
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
will
RealGM
And1: 49,987
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#360 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 10:51 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:The point of a rap battle is to evaluate the quality of the diss tracks and decide on a winner based on who had the better bars.

It's clear, and quite evident in this thread, that people declared Kendrick the winner because of Drake's "off-court issues".

I've never been a big fan of Drake, I appreciate what he's done for the city but in terms of GTA music there are SEVERAL talents that I like over him (The Weeknd, Tory Lanez, PartyNextDoor, DVSN).

None of Drake's albums are anywhere near my top 10 hip-hop/rap albums. Possibly not even top 20.
(F&L, The Cool, Illmatic, Late Registration, College Dropout, TCII & III, Blueprint - some of my personal favorites off the top of my head in no order).

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID - I've been listening to Rap music for a VERY LONG time. I can admit Kendrick is, and always has been, the better lyricist in comparison to Drake.

However, I would not use this "rap battle" to support that claim. Because if we're evaluating each track solely based off lyricism than Drake, for sure, got the better of Kendrick.

Kendrick's delivery and flow is lethal, so even if he says the most basic line like "your son's a sick man with sick thoughts, I think n***** like him should die" - people will go bezerk over it. Like calm down...

Or when Kendrick said "there's no big 3, only big me" - people thought it was some monumental diss. :lol:

MTG was my personal favorite, Euphoria A VERY CLOSE 2nd - however, MTG is just straight up weird now cuz he dedicates a good chunk of the track to a non-existent child that was supposed to be Drake's daughter. He looks like a fool now. But nonetheless, I commend his strategy to drop it right after Family Matter.

My favorite line from Kendrick was "Tryna strike a chord and it's probably A minor" - see now that is called bars.

But Drake countered that beautifully with: "You mentionin' A minor, but n****s gotta B sharp and tell the fans, "Who was it?"
You thought you left D flat, D major ('D made ya')"

Spoiler:
Drake recites the line to sound like he is also saying, “D made ya”, claiming that Kendrick’s success is thanks to what Drake has done for him. In February of 2012 Drake invited Kendrick to open on the Club Paradise Tour when he was on the come up. This helped Kendrick garner attention during the early phase of his career.

Now those are the types of bars I wanted to hear. But this battle got weird real quick.
From both rapper spewing nonsense to people declaring Kendrick the winner before even giving Drake a chance.

I'm impressed by Drake, because he didn't back down from a literal 20v1 and even held his own against Kendrick, who is a very good (not elite) lyricist in his own right.
But people won't give Drake credit because he's an alleged pedo... even though that literally has nothing to do with who makes better music.

Refer to:
https://genius.com/Drake-push-ups-lyrics
https://genius.com/Drake-family-matters-lyrics

Definitely miss College Dropout/Late Registration/Graduation 'Ye :lol:

The Blueprint. Fire.
Illmatic. Don't need to say anything.

Lupe's Food & Liquor and The Cool. Nothing else he has done touches those first two LPs.

Return to Toronto Raptors