ImageImageImageImageImage

Who's the better duo?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Which duo is better

Poll ended at Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:55 pm

Chris Paul and David West
66%
Chris Bosh and Jose Calderon
34%

Total votes: 68

Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#41 » by Danchan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:59 pm

TJ Bosh > CP West
Bosh Calderon < CP West

therefore
TJ > Calderon

I KID I KID!
bane_dd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#42 » by bane_dd » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:04 pm

ponder276 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I COULD shoot the 3 for the Raptors, but it would be a bad idea, cause I'm a bad 3 shooter. Bosh hits one 3 every 16 or so games, at .288 - by NBA standards, he can't shoot the 3. Not that this is a big deal at all - he's excellent at what he does, and we have more than enough 3 shooters, but saying Bosh can shoot the 3 if needed is like saying Yao can bring the ball up the court if needed.

edit: I have said multiple times that Bosh is the better overall player. All I am saying is that they have very different games, and Bosh is not as far ahead of West as Paul is ahead of Calderon.

To clarify things for you: David West shoots the 3 with regularity. Chris Bosh usually shoots the 3 at the end of quarters or games resulting in a forced or heavily defended shot. He really does not have a ton of normal 3 point attempts in games so that you could make that comparison. Bosh also gets to the line a lot more than West, and misses when he is getting fouled and is trying to make a 3 point play skew those FG percentages significantly. This is why it is good to watch the games and not just read the stats.

Bosh and West are not even in the same league. Bosh is far more skilled than West in nearly every area of the game. West is good, but basing your opinions on one game in which you saw West play is wrong. There is no sane GM in this league who would trade Chris Bosh for David West.

That said, Chris Paul is considerably better than Calderon. In fact, the difference is far greater than that between West and Bosh. The presence of Paul makes this comparison easy: Paul and West > Calderon and Bosh. I guess we do agree in the end, after all.
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#43 » by RockTHECasbah » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:18 pm

People are overrating Jose Calderon and underrating David West
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,562

Post#44 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:28 pm

dacrusha wrote:How is this a fair comparision when our backup PG is up against Chris Paul?

How about this; which do you prefer:

CP3 - West - Pargo
TJ - CB4 - Jose

Calderclones obviously think Jose is better. We are comparin a dude who can't even start on the raptors to CP3. C'mon

If you want to make comparisons, ask yourself, would Hornets do the deal? In fact they wouldn't go Bosh and Calderon for CP3 alone.

Hey, they both were on the cover on 2K8.

TJ/ Calderon
Parker/ Delfino
Kapono/ Moon
Bosh/ Garbo
Bargnani/ Rasho

Or

Paul/ TJ
Parker/ Delfino
Kapono/ Moon
West/ Garbo
Bargnani/ Rasho

I know which one I'm gonna pick. If CP3 and West can go 20-11? they can go 24-7 on the Raptors
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#45 » by Buyaka » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:02 pm

I hate to admit as a Raptors fan, but CP3 and West... hands down.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#46 » by Hendrix » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:06 pm

I'de say Bosh, and CP are pretty close in terms of value. West is way ahead of Calderon though.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#47 » by OhMyBosh » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:18 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
dacrusha wrote:How is this a fair comparision when our backup PG is up against Chris Paul?

How about this; which do you prefer:

CP3 - West - Pargo
TJ - CB4 - Jose

Calderclones obviously think Jose is better. We are comparin a dude who can't even start on the raptors to CP3. C'mon

If you want to make comparisons, ask yourself, would Hornets do the deal? In fact they wouldn't go Bosh and Calderon for CP3 alone.

Hey, they both were on the cover on 2K8.

TJ/ Calderon
Parker/ Delfino
Kapono/ Moon
Bosh/ Garbo
Bargnani/ Rasho

Or

Paul/ TJ
Parker/ Delfino
Kapono/ Moon
West/ Garbo
Bargnani/ Rasho

I know which one I'm gonna pick. If CP3 and West can go 20-11? they can go 24-7 on the Raptors

Once you show the before/after roster, you see how ridiculous it is. Paul and West >> Jose and Bosh. It's pretty easy too.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#48 » by SpaceJam » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:46 pm

For real, it is DW and CP3 all the way. You see these two working together, really Jose is not connected to Bosh, but thats ok for now. I think TJ and Chris is a better duo then Jose and Chris, but West and Paul is still better.
_________
omeloon
Starter

Post#49 » by omeloon » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:47 pm

Paul and West.

Paul has a much bigger impact on the game then Chris Bosh.

Until Chris Bosh starts taking it to the basket more often (or until Calderon starts trying riskier passes more often), Chris Paul and any quality starting big man will probably be better than our duo.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#50 » by SpaceJam » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:47 pm

Thats the worst trade ever.
_________
Jamz18
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#51 » by Jamz18 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:48 pm

Cp3+David West> Deron Williams+Boozerw
Raptolicism
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#52 » by Raptolicism » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:55 pm

CP3 > Jose
Bosh > West

The better combo? It makes me sore on the insides to say that CP3 and West will be better, but only b/c Paul will be a top 5 player in the league and could make Hoffa score points.

To go along with what Danchan said, I have a tougher time saying that TJ+Bosh < CP3+West than saying Calderon+Bosh < CP3+West. TJ has a very high ceiling, he just needs to grow a brain.
YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! WE THE CHAMPS BABY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Calderoni_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#53 » by Calderoni_8 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:08 am

Theboshman and JOSE..
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,562

Post#54 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:11 am

Calderoni_8 wrote:Theboshman and JOSE..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The name, the avy, the pick, :rofl:
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,918

Post#55 » by Vorticity » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:33 am

okay, how about :
CP3 + David West

Compared to:
1)Tim Duncan + Tony Parker
2)Carlos Boozer + Deron Williams

let's see the rankings
one man's loss is another man's gain :)
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#56 » by RockTHECasbah » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:38 am

Rank these 6:

1) Duncan and Parker
2) Boozer and Williams
3) Chauncey and Rasheed
4) Paul and West
5) Ford and Bosh
6) Tinsley and O'Neal
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
omeloon
Starter

Post#57 » by omeloon » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:32 am

Duncan and Parker are the best right now, I'd take Boozer and Deron long term and after them... while Paul and West are a bit behind the Jazz duo IMO. Ford and Tinsley have a lot more to prove than Deron and Paul IMO.
Bryans_Collar
Veteran

Post#58 » by Bryans_Collar » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:34 am

I'm a huge CB4 homer but even I'd give the nod to the NO duo.
Bargnani PER
2007 - 12.9
2008 - 10.7
Hollinger predicted 2009 - 11.8
Bryans_Collar HOPES FOR 2009 - 17.0
CB4-TJ11-AB7
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by CB4-TJ11-AB7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:16 am

The thing about this is that Bosh is a hair above CP3 but it's very arguable and West is a much much better player than Caldy.

I'm sorry but Calderon is starting to get really overrated on this board (although I think we've overrated all our players except Bosh). I mean to the guy saying Caldy can break down everyone if he wanted to but doesn't want to. Are you kidding? Caldy can get to the rim but not by breaking down players, if the lane is open he maybe drives with a turn of a screen. That's not a breakdown that's a smart play. Unless Caldy takes the next step in being great which is starting to take more chances and try more, he'll be stuck in this rut because the league is slowly figuring out to just let him pass around the top.

He's a shooters dream PG but he's not the PG this team needs, that's not saying he can't become it. I know I'll get killed for this but I still think he's got ways to go to even be considered in the company of the top 10 (Nash, Kidd, Davis, Williams, Paul, Billups, Parker, Iverson, Arenas) pg's in this league right now. I think Ford has ways to go as well but I give the TJ the edge because his growth is maturity and experience based which is easier.

I mean you can equalize Bosh and Paul and it becomes Caldy vs. West and I take West every time, the guy is quite good. I mean really quite good. Plus West and Paul work very well together.

I take the NO duo because Paul is a BEAST and West is SOLID.
Franchise_411
Senior

Post#60 » by Franchise_411 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:05 am

Jose shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Chris Paul ... I do agree that David West is the most underrated PF in the league, but I give the edge to CB ...

Return to Toronto Raptors