ImageImageImageImageImage

Grange: Bosh not a lock to make the allstar team.

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,991

Post#41 » by Mack11 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:51 pm

reptar15 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

so you telling me someone like kaman would not be selected over bosh?

Kaman plays in the West, but what point are you trying to make?
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#42 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:04 pm

I-AM-A-BEAST wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's not true actually. The coaches are required to select 2 reserve forwards, 2 reserve guards, 1 center and two wildcard players of any position.

There very may well be 6 forwards selected to the All Star game.

You're right, the 2 wild cards can be players at any position. Thanks for clearing it up.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#43 » by SpaceJam » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:19 pm

It's between Caron, RJ and CB4...No one has been playing better then Chris of the three so far. Lets see what happens in Mo Town.

Edit: and of course PP-Hedo has been playing nice, but not All-Star nice. Reshard Lew has been good too.
_________
fame
Bench Warmer
And1: 467

Post#44 » by fame » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:24 pm

At this point After KG and Lebron. Paul Pierce and Caron Butler definitly deserve it over Bosh. The rest not so much.

All I gotta say is if Caron doesn't make the team. It's a crime.

There are only 3 players in the entire league this season who are averaging at least 20 ppg 6 rpg and 4 apg.

Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Caron Butler
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#45 » by whoknows » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:29 pm

so you telling me someone like kaman would not be selected over bosh?

:confused:
reptar15
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#46 » by reptar15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:54 pm

Mack11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kaman plays in the West, but what point are you trying to make?

ugh that's why i said someone LIKE kaman who's playing great this year but his team sucks.
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#47 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:56 pm

ugh that's why i said someone LIKE kaman who's playing great this year but his team sucks.

I guess the Raptors suck too then........ :dontknow:
reptar15
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by reptar15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:58 pm

Death Knight wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess the Raptors suck too then........ :dontknow:

the exact opposite :banghead:
Kid.Canada.23
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Kid.Canada.23 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:00 pm

fame wrote:At this point After KG and Lebron. Paul Pierce and Caron Butler definitly deserve it over Bosh. The rest not so much.

All I gotta say is if Caron doesn't make the team. It's a crime.

There are only 3 players in the entire league this season who are averaging at least 20 ppg 6 rpg and 4 apg.

Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Caron Butler

Hedo is averaging 19.6 ppg 4.1 apg 6.1 rpg... So he could also be in that group if you round up the 19.6 to 20. Still though Hedo is having a solid year on a solid team.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#50 » by SpaceJam » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:08 pm

Would we need Hedo? He could play the 3 and 4.
_________
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#51 » by Death Knight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:16 pm

the exact opposite :banghead:

Then why put Kaman or Bosh in the same sentence? What Kaman and his team is doing has nothing to do with what Bosh and the Raptors are doing in the east.
reptar15
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by reptar15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:20 pm

Death Knight wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Then why put Kaman or Bosh in the same sentence? What Kaman and his team is doing has nothing to do with what Bosh and the Raptors are doing in the east.

please stay in school
fame
Bench Warmer

Post#53 » by fame » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:37 pm

Kid.Canada.23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hedo is averaging 19.6 ppg 4.1 apg 6.1 rpg... So he could also be in that group if you round up the 19.6 to 20. Still though Hedo is having a solid year on a solid team.

Hedo is having a career year, and definitly deserves consideration to play in the ASG.

But the numbers aren't rounded..So for now he doesn't belong in that elite group of 3. Although very easily could be if 2 30 point games or so.

Difference is..Not only is Caron one of only 3 players averaging at least 20 pts 6 rpg and 4 apg...But he also LEADS THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE IN STEALS
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,737

Post#54 » by I_Like_Dirt » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:00 pm

I seriously doubt that the east coaches would decline to put even a single bigman on the list of east reserves. They'll list Bosh put Bosh in as a forward, a wild card or list him as a center if they have to, but he'll be on there. It would be highly amusing is a guy like Shaq, Z or Dalembert, or even JO, Sheed or Ben was in the ASG and Bosh was not. Jamison might squeak in there, although he really isn't much of a big, but I think Butler will be in the ASG before he will and the Wizards simply aren't good enough to justify two allstars. The EC wignmen aren't THAT good that they justify creating a team full of smaller players.

I don't feel that Jamison, Butler and/or Pierce have been any better than Bosh this season, though not any worse, either (although Bosh has been miles better defensively than either of the Wizards). Jamison and Butler have certainly exceeded expectations with Arenas out and Bosh hasn't been up to full speed long enough this season to meet his expectations yet but that doesn't mean Bosh's play is lagging behind those two.

I don't expect Bosh to play much in the ASG, though (as seems to be usual). Rivers will be the coach and Pierce and KG figure to take the bulk of the minutes along with LBJ.
Bucket! Bucket!
reptar15
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by reptar15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:15 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:I seriously doubt that the east coaches would decline to put even a single bigman on the list of east reserves. They'll list Bosh put Bosh in as a forward, a wild card or list him as a center if they have to, but he'll be on there. It would be highly amusing is a guy like Shaq, Z or Dalembert, or even JO, Sheed or Ben was in the ASG and Bosh was not. Jamison might squeak in there, although he really isn't much of a big, but I think Butler will be in the ASG before he will and the Wizards simply aren't good enough to justify two allstars. The EC wignmen aren't THAT good that they justify creating a team full of smaller players.

I don't feel that Jamison, Butler and/or Pierce have been any better than Bosh this season, though not any worse, either (although Bosh has been miles better defensively than either of the Wizards). Jamison and Butler have certainly exceeded expectations with Arenas out and Bosh hasn't been up to full speed long enough this season to meet his expectations yet but that doesn't mean Bosh's play is lagging behind those two.

I don't expect Bosh to play much in the ASG, though (as seems to be usual). Rivers will be the coach and Pierce and KG figure to take the bulk of the minutes along with LBJ.

butler has been playing amazing basketball all season
you have got to be kidding me
fame
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by fame » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:17 pm

I_Like_Dirt wrote:I seriously doubt that the east coaches would decline to put even a single bigman on the list of east reserves. They'll list Bosh put Bosh in as a forward, a wild card or list him as a center if they have to, but he'll be on there. It would be highly amusing is a guy like Shaq, Z or Dalembert, or even JO, Sheed or Ben was in the ASG and Bosh was not. Jamison might squeak in there, although he really isn't much of a big, but I think Butler will be in the ASG before he will and the Wizards simply aren't good enough to justify two allstars. The EC wignmen aren't THAT good that they justify creating a team full of smaller players.

I agree with a lot that your saying, but there's no way Bosh has been MILES better than Butler defensively. Butler leads the conference in total steals and steals per game. I know it's just a stat, but you don't lead a conference in steals by playing bad defense.
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Post#57 » by vi3t » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:23 pm

fame wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with a lot that your saying, but there's no way Bosh has been MILES better than Butler defensively. Butler leads the conference in total steals and steals per game. I know it's just a stat, but you don't lead a conference in steals by playing bad defense.

It could mean he's gambing a lot which doesn't bode well for the defence, Larry Hughes lead the league in steals or was one of the top leaders, but no way is he a good defender. But yes, Butler has been pretty good defensively this yr
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#58 » by Joker » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:25 pm

fame wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's not necessarily true. If you get a lot of steals because you're constantly overplaying your man and overplaying the passing lanes, which would allow your man an open path to the hoop when your gamble fails, then you would be a pretty awful defender.
Calderoni_8
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by Calderoni_8 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:37 pm

I hope he doesnt so he will work harder and try to prove the league wrong..
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,049

Post#60 » by The_Hater » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:40 pm

Well we still have a month to go but Grange is right about this at this point in time. There is a ton of competition at forward in the east this year. I see no less than 10 guys that should get serious consideration from the coaches who will vote players in.

That said, I think that the Raps will solidify 4th place in the east during January and Bosh still gets in.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Toronto Raptors