ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargs to Mavs Rumour -Hoopsworld (carried by Rotoworld & SI)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Superboy316KING
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Bargs to Mavs Rumour -Hoopsworld (carried by Rotoworld & SI) 

Post#441 » by Superboy316KING » Thu Jan 8, 2009 12:38 am

this is an extremely good chance to get rid of that cancer bargnani and i hope BC takes it
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#442 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 12:39 am

I wonder if this deal is something the mavs would consider.

JO
Moon
Parker
2009 First

For

Howard
Diop
Stackhouse

Raptors Lineup:
Calderon/Roko/Solomon
Kapono/Stackhouse
Howard/Graham
Bosh/Hump/Voskhul
Bargnani/Diop/Jawai

dallas will have huge cap room come 2010.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Superboy316KING
Banned User

Post#443 » by Superboy316KING » Thu Jan 8, 2009 12:57 am

Any deal must include that pylon bargnani

I've been an adamant supporter of colangelo since the say he came here but if he continues to latch on to his boyfriend bustnani then let me say this for the first time; FIRE BC
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#444 » by Hank_Scorpio » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:01 am

the_real_deception wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:

Hank, that's an unfair attack.
Just because you have the advantage to read AND comprehend English, doesn't mean you have to rub it in his face.

do u guys share the same comatose brain? last time i checked bosh and caledron are not a registered charity. they were both restricted free agents plus the raptors had the ability to pay them the highest dollar. and u still havent answered my initial question- who on the current roster (colangelo guys) would u want on your team?

I'd want almost all of them.

I'd just also want either a productive Bargnani, a healthier O'Neal, or an upgrade at the wing.

The only major error Colangelo has made for which I find him at fault was the Kapono signing.
Postbro1 wrote:Obama is right on this.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#445 » by McFurious1 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:03 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:I wonder if this deal is something the mavs would consider.

JO
Moon
Parker
2009 First

For

Howard
Diop
Stackhouse

Raptors Lineup:
Calderon/Roko/Solomon
Kapono/Stackhouse
Howard/Graham
Bosh/Hump/Voskhul
Bargnani/Diop/Jawai

dallas will have huge cap room come 2010.

Great now Bosh can go back home to Dallas in 2010. [/greenfont]
the_real_deception
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#446 » by the_real_deception » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:03 am

YogiStewart wrote:
So your definition of "Colangelo guys" is not right. But to answer your question and to play your game and by your definitions, i would be happy with Bargnani or JO on my team. For what he does, Jake the Snake is a great addition. Garbo was an excellent signing (at the time). and for his value and low contract, AP is still a good player to have.

so your comfortable with JO earning 20 + million to play on one leg? and bargnani sucks, the world agrees with me on that. im okay with AP but garbo is a tweener who was limited offensively. nevertheless, my arguments are embedded in the record- we're 7 games under .500- which in a league predicated on results means colangelo is sub par. and if u think we have a good team, i have bridge in alaska i want to sell u :lol:
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#447 » by Hank_Scorpio » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:04 am

Superboy316KING wrote:Any deal must include that pylon bargnani

I've been an adamant supporter of colangelo since the say he came here but if he continues to latch on to his boyfriend bustnani then let me say this for the first time; FIRE BC

I've come to the conclusion that there is a inverse correlation between overall intelligence and the use of the "Bustnani" nickname/the insinuation that he is Colangelo's "boyfriend".

The nice thing about this is that no one who I am insulting is smart enough to understand what an inverse correlation is.

:D
the_real_deception
Banned User

Post#448 » by the_real_deception » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:06 am

Hank_Scorpio wrote:I'd want almost all of them.

I'd just also want either a productive Bargnani, a healthier O'Neal, or an upgrade at the wing.

The only major error Colangelo has made for which I find him at fault was the Kapono signing.

so here's a link to the current nba standings: http://www.nba.com/standings/team_recor ... d_Cnf.html
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,783

Post#449 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:12 am

the_real_deception wrote:so here's a link to the current nba standings: http://www.nba.com/standings/team_recor ... d_Cnf.html

So what?
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#450 » by Hank_Scorpio » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:18 am

the_real_deception wrote:
so your comfortable with JO earning 20 + million to play on one leg?

I think he said that.

and bargnani sucks, the world agrees with me on that.

Really.

Well then, I guess that closes the debate on that one.

im okay with AP but garbo is a tweener who was limited offensively. nevertheless, my arguments are embedded in the record- we're 7 games under .500- which in a league predicated on results means colangelo is sub par. and if u think we have a good team, i have bridge in alaska i want to sell u :lol:

The part in bold is your problem.

You are neglecting to consider "time" as a factor.

Look at it this way - if I ask you 2 years ago whether Doc Rivers is a good coach or if Danny Ainge is a good GM, what would your answer be?

"Well, this is a league predicated on results, the Celtics suck, so Rivers and Ainge must suck."

Or what about Atlanta? Seems to me all everyone did with them (myself included) was criticize them for several years of poor moves like taking Marvin Williams over Chris Paul. Now they are 22-11 and the #4 seed in the East.

So your premise is fundamentally flawed.

In particular, I would say it is flawed in regards to the Raptors because of Andrea Bargnani. There is no secret to the fact that his progression will have a huge impact on the Raptors fortunes. Anytime you get a top pick and it doesn't pan out, it hurts your team.

So right now, its bad.

But what if Bargnani continues to put up numbers like he has in the last 4 games?

What then?

Does the improvement of Bargnani over time make Colangelo a better GM?

I would say it doesn't - but by your logic, it would.

Anyway, this is more than you deserve, but there you go.
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#451 » by Hank_Scorpio » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:20 am

TribeZulu
Sixth Man
And1: 134

Post#452 » by TribeZulu » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:22 am

If you're going to base BC's success on the Raptors record why not include the past two seasons when we made the playoffs and won one division title. Also try to think back to when he first joined Toronto and we were the laughing stock of the league... at that time two straight playoff appearances (and division title) far exceeded any reasonable person's expectations.

This year we're struggling, but I still have faith that BC will right the ship. He may have made a few mistakes, but he's still batting a solid average in my book. There are few GMs that I'd rather have running the Raps.
If you can't beat em... at least grab their gonads
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#453 » by Hank_Scorpio » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:25 am

TribeZulu wrote:If you're going to base BC's success on the Raptors record why not include the past two seasons when we made the playoffs and won one division title. Also try to think back to when he first joined Toronto and we were the laughing stock of the league... at that time two straight playoff appearances (and division title) far exceeded any reasonable person's expectations.

This year we're struggling, but I still have faith that BC will right the ship. He may have made a few mistakes, but he's still batting a solid average in my book. There are few GMs that I'd rather have running the Raps.

No no no.

Don't you understand??

Its only the Raptors record RIGHT NOW that matters.

Today, on January 7, 2009 - this is the day where we make the final determination on whether he is a good GM or not.

Haven't you been paying attention?

btw - don't look now, but Colangelo is becoming a better GM by the minute - Bargnani has 13 points on 5-6 shooting so far tonight.

I wonder if Colangelo will send Bargnani a thank you note if he keeps this up saying

"Thanks for making me a better GM."
NH
Veteran

Post#454 » by NH » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:33 am

Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? hasn't the rumor been shot down. BC replaced a potential block buster trade for a Hassan Adams/protected 2nd round pick... we should save our space for the next wild rumor coming out, probably tomorrow.
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#455 » by Hank_Scorpio » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:34 am

NH wrote:Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? hasn't the rumor been shot down. BC replaced a potential block buster trade for a Hassan Adams/protected 2nd round pick... we should save our space for the next wild rumor coming out, probably tomorrow.

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BANDWIDTH!!!???
the_real_deception
Banned User

Post#456 » by the_real_deception » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:51 am

Hank_Scorpio wrote:
The part in bold is your problem.

You are neglecting to consider "time" as a factor.

Look at it this way - if I ask you 2 years ago whether Doc Rivers is a good coach or if Danny Ainge is a good GM, what would your answer be?

"Well, this is a league predicated on results, the Celtics suck, so Rivers and Ainge must suck."

Or what about Atlanta? Seems to me all everyone did with them (myself included) was criticize them for several years of poor moves like taking Marvin Williams over Chris Paul. Now they are 22-11 and the #4 seed in the East.

So your premise is fundamentally flawed.

In particular, I would say it is flawed in regards to the Raptors because of Andrea Bargnani. There is no secret to the fact that his progression will have a huge impact on the Raptors fortunes. Anytime you get a top pick and it doesn't pan out, it hurts your team.

So right now, its bad.

But what if Bargnani continues to put up numbers like he has in the last 4 games?

What then?

Does the improvement of Bargnani over time make Colangelo a better GM?

I would say it doesn't - but by your logic, it would.

Anyway, this is more than you deserve, but there you go.

more time than i deserve? are u the basketball buddha spreading your brand of enlightenment to the real gm masses?

the difference between danny ainge and colangelo is that ainge never made audacious statements about the team's elite level status when they had pierce and a bunch of kids. plus, if u want to bring history into the discussion, lets discuss how colangelo has failed to get past the first round in 12 of the 14 seasons he's been gm. colangelo's kinda like the tmac of gm's- he talks a big game but fails to perform.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,453

Post#457 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:33 am

Bargnani > Howard
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#458 » by s e n s i » Thu Jan 8, 2009 2:34 am

cosmostein wrote:Bargnani > Howard > JO

Fixed.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Kush
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#459 » by Kush » Thu Jan 8, 2009 4:13 am

We get Josh Howard, Diop and Antion Wright without giving up Bosh and Oneal......... If BC turns this deal down he is a bum.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#460 » by A_wildstabatanything » Thu Jan 8, 2009 1:15 pm

Kush wrote:We get Josh Howard, Diop and Antion Wright without giving up Bosh and Oneal......... If BC turns this deal down he is a bum.

- As far as we know the deal was never offered.
- Wright is a scrub & Diop's contract is ugly.
- The sooner JO is gone the better.

Return to Toronto Raptors