ImageImageImageImageImage

Malachi ain't it...

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Re: Malachi ain't it... 

Post#481 » by Pointgod » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:51 pm

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:Man, we got hyped for this guy getting 8 points in a game lol.... I think he'll be in china next year if Masai doesn't give him a contract

Bro we’re so down bad that we’re excited about a 25 year old back up guard averaging 5.5 points and 2.4 assists.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,451

Post#482 » by PushDaRock » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:23 pm

Pointgod wrote:
DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:Man, we got hyped for this guy getting 8 points in a game lol.... I think he'll be in china next year if Masai doesn't give him a contract

Bro we’re so down bad that we’re excited about a 25 year old back up guard averaging 5.5 points and 2.4 assists.

The bench has been so consistently terrible that we are happy about the one player that's close to mediocre and sadly been our most consistent bench player.
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#483 » by positivetension » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:27 pm

I want to see Flynn running more p&r with Barnes. Whether he's good enough to get another contract, that's tbd but I'm rooting for him.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,610

Post#484 » by Scase » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:54 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:They better not extend him and half the scrubs on the bench... this management just doesn't know when to cut their losses....

Shh Jalen McDaniels needs at least another 2-3 seasons before we judge him. The same way this roster needs at least 20, or 30, 40 games to show what it truly is, or whatever other number the Masai truthers are throwing out this week.
Props TZ!
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,262

Post#485 » by pingpongrac » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:01 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:What I posted in the PG thread:

I want to like Flynn, I really do. Seems like a really good guy and his teammates love him. Him turning into a capable backup solves a glaring hole in our lineup. I just don't see it. Everyone can clown me later if I'm wrong, but I have 150 games in my favour versus a few "he wasn't terrible" games this season. I mean, I know our standards have become so low due to our recent bench woes but I just don't see a guy that you give another contract to thinking "this is definitely our backup PG"

This pretty much sums up how I feel. It's easy to root for someone like Flynn (seems like a good guy and has become an underdog), but he just hasn't been able to sustain a level of play that makes me think he could be anything more than a 3rd string PG. Even in a stretch where it looks and seems like he's playing really well over the last few weeks, he's putting up 12.8/4.4/5.5 per36 on 56 TS% with a -4.8 NetRTG (which is surprisingly 5th best among our rotation players in the past 7 games). Solid numbers, but for this to be a great stretch for Flynn compared to the majority of his NBA career, it's just not good enough to award him another long-term contract unless he can keep this up for a lot more than 10-15 games per season.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,102

Post#486 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:47 pm

sewerfrosh wrote:still not to the point where he's a starter on any NBA team. Not a substitute for shroder if he shoukd get injured

No we need an actual veteran back-up PG in case Schroder got hurt. Bump Flynn to 3rd string ie barely play.

The thing is he can't be the sole playmaking PG on the court, he has to play with Scottie as someone said. And he's better at catch and shoot off ball, not running things. And even then, as much as he's improved a bit lately, he can't really do the job defensively against the best opposing guards. We need another guard, we are precariously thin behind Schroder
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,671

Post#487 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:13 pm

Flynn is the epitome of everything wrong with Masai. Our team is full of guys with one foot out of the NBA.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,420

Post#488 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:43 pm

Flynn's last 7 games. Plus/minus he's -7, which seems pretty good since its close to even and he's playing 20 mpg (the start of the year was horrendous there). 7.1 points on 5.9 shots (solid) , 3.4 asts vs just 0.6 turnovers per game (excellent). 44% fg (which is a high 2pt% because he's shooting threes a bunch), and 32% from three.

Not spectacular but very solid/good for 140 minutes of basketball.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,337

Post#489 » by pilkoids » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Hopefully Flynn's being showcased for a trade
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,826

Post#490 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:09 pm

His shooting splits so far this season: .473 fg%, .400 3pt%, .667 ft%, .593 ts%
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,746

Post#491 » by DG88 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:21 pm

Honestly had his best game last night.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,301

Post#492 » by mrdressup » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:48 pm

I give him credit for not completely caving as a result of his own poor play. He's working hard to turn the corner. You can see that the effort is being made. Shot is starting to fall. I dislike that he has that "FVV walk the ball up the court and probe to nothing" game, but he learned from the worst.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,908

Post#493 » by agkagk » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:06 am

The more flynn asserts himself the closer we get to players like precious not sucking again.

Theres a direct parallel to lowry leaving and precious sucking.

Flynn is just starting to build chemistry with trent, precious, etc

Greener pastures ahead for sure
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,987

Post#494 » by Merit » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:31 am

Scase wrote:
Kingsway_fan wrote:They better not extend him and half the scrubs on the bench... this management just doesn't know when to cut their losses....

Shh Jalen McDaniels needs at least another 2-3 seasons before we judge him. The same way this roster needs at least 20, or 30, 40 games to show what it truly is, or whatever other number the Masai truthers are throwing out this week.

Nobody said that. I certainly didn’t. Keep going with your internal conversations. Might eventually want to get that checked out.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,987

Post#495 » by Merit » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:33 am

agkagk wrote:The more flynn asserts himself the closer we get to players like precious not sucking again.

He’s still trash but just contained trash. Not a heaping pile of poo you can’t help but notice every time you walk by.

I’m happy if he gets better and I’ll be happier if he isn’t on the team. Good human thought, I’ll give him that.
I believe in Masai.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,102

Post#496 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:01 am

Came back to earth tonight. Missed threes. Doesn't even really run the point when he's out there.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,742

Post#497 » by Ell Curry » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:53 am

agkagk wrote:The more flynn asserts himself the closer we get to players like precious not sucking again.

Lowry coming back for the MLE this summer or as a buyout guy after the Heat trade him to get Lavine or something would be fun. He should fall off a cliff as he's 37 and small, but if he's playing 18 minutes a night behind Schroeder maybe he last another 2 years? At least we know he can shoot and take care of the ball.

I wonder if Darko likes Micic. He was the assistant coach on the Serbia team that Micic played for at the World Cup before this one, though the Giddey news probably makes the Thunder less likely to deal Micic (He's a big PG like Giddey so might be useful if Giddey is cut, and also saving 7M the next 2 years becomes a lot more important for OKC if they have to pay Giddey and less of a concern if they don't). Something like Thad Young for Micic and one of OKC's plethora of 2nd rounders since they save money, and also Thad might be a decent veteran, could even see him playing a few minutes since Chet being a unicorn makes Thad playable.
Where's the D?
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,420

Post#498 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:36 am

I don't know if I believe this. Precious played one year with lowry and had a 47% two point percentage. I mean was lowry generating that many open looks for aciuwa for three? I don't really thinks so. If there was an advantage there I doubt it was distinctive. Aciuwa's been at over 55% from two the last two seasons (and his TS% has improved despite lack of 3s), hasn't stopped certain people on realgm from **** all over his play, not that you're one necessarily (though maybe).

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,674

Post#499 » by djsunyc » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:18 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

I don't know if I believe this. Precious played one year with lowry and had a 47% two point percentage. I mean was lowry generating that many open looks for aciuwa for three? I don't really thinks so. If there was an advantage there I doubt it was distinctive. Aciuwa's been at over 55% from two the last two seasons (and his TS% has improved despite lack of 3s), hasn't stopped certain people on realgm from **** all over his play, not that you're one necessarily (though maybe).

precious was part of the lowry trade.
Tripod
Head Coach
And1: 6,312

Post#500 » by Tripod » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:21 pm

Yeah, I don't think Lowry created much for Achiuwa, except playing time....lol.

Return to Toronto Raptors