ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,193

Re: Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8 

Post#61 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,589

Post#62 » by Brinbe » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:06 pm

We always said get shooters around Scottie, right? Looks like Masai heard us.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,772

Post#63 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=0YpMScWXY2zRUqR8fH-usg
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,609

Post#64 » by AbC? » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:41 am

Rough shooting night but still put up nearly a triple double. Chalk that up to the stress of the trade deadline (probably didn’t get much sleep last night) and now being the primary ball handler on the second unit with Dennis gone. That’s a huge responsibility that he’s taking on and some adjustment time is to be expected. Still looked poised and in control, and let RJ and IQ take the scoring load while he masterfully dictated the pace of the game. All in all another great performance.
RealGM
And1: 66,561

Post#65 » by 720 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:09 am

Scottie’s play broken into three periods of this season so far.

October and November

December (13 Game Goddie :lol:, just kidding I full expect this to be the norm when he figures it out)

Since January 1st until now, rebounding and 3 point shooting have dropped a lot, new player dynamics as well
sortpar
Sixth Man
And1: 792

Post#66 » by sortpar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:57 am

MiamiSPX wrote:
DG88 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Love this quote
“I come in everyday positive, happy. You've got to enjoy it,” he says. “We're blessed to be in this position that we're in, playing. This is the best job in the world. I'm happy every day I come in here and try to work, build around our teammates and just continue to grow as a team. Every game here, we really compete. Just got to go out there and try to execute and work together to try to win. It's fun to go through these growing pains. It's never going to be easy. Winning in the NBA is hard. It's just competing and going together each and every single game. That's why we do it. We want to compete. We love it.”

I know a lot of people don't like the way he talks. He isn't good with the media. But the kid always says the right things, never blames others, and always admits he has work to do. It's funny because he keeps getting trashed for how some perceive his body language, but yet I cannot recall him ever saying something stupid, or that he regrets.

I agree... In my opinion, too many people are attracted to the "Pageantry Patriotism" vision of success. Scottie works his *ss off to develop an all rounded game of scoring, rebounding, assists, defense and being a team player, but gets negatively knocked, because he doesn't focus on just scoring and being a television celebrity.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,728

Post#67 » by C_Money » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:00 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=0YpMScWXY2zRUqR8fH-usg

Maybe thats why Quickly played 39 minutes in a back-to-back scenario lol.
Chalky_White
Senior
And1: 637

Post#68 » by Chalky_White » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:22 am

AbC? wrote:Rough shooting night but still put up nearly a triple double. Chalk that up to the stress of the trade deadline (probably didn’t get much sleep last night) and now being the primary ball handler on the second unit with Dennis gone. That’s a huge responsibility that he’s taking on and some adjustment time is to be expected. Still looked poised and in control, and let RJ and IQ take the scoring load while he masterfully dictated the pace of the game. All in all another great performance.

The trade deadline finished yesterday afternoon, why would it disturb his sleep last night? And i'm not sure why the deadline would leave him stressed as his place on the team is ultra secure. Did he get super close to Bruce already?

He didnt have the best game, it happens.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,375

Post#69 » by XTC » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:20 am

The lust/lore for Scottie has worn off for me. We where calling him a future superstar in November and December because he averaged 21/9/6, but since the new year he's averaging 19/5.5/5.5... Those numbers are crap for our supposed franchise player. In the same timespan his PER has dropped to sub 20, his BPM has dropped to sub 4, and his plus minus is actually atrocious.

People have rose colored glasses on because he started the year hot with amazing numbers, and amazing advanced stats, but he now looks more like Odom rather than Giannis. He has looked like crap for a couple months now. We keep saying he turns it on in the 4th, but a franchise player delivers from quarters 1-4. This pattern by Scottie is just a sign of inconsistency to me. When was the last time he took over game? His allstar appearance is such a sham, and TBH it means nothing to me.... Franz is a much better player, Sengun has shown a better offensive skillset, and Mobley has shown much better two way ability. Flame me, because in my opinion Barnes is only putting up stats because he's an option on a lackluster team.
Elmago
Junior
And1: 390

Post#70 » by Elmago » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:00 am

XTC wrote:The lust/lore for Scottie has worn off for me. We where calling him a future superstar in November and December because he averaged 21/9/6, but since the new year he's averaging 19/5.5/5.5... Those numbers are crap for our supposed franchise player. In the same timespan his PER has dropped to sub 20, his BPM has dropped to sub 4, and his plus minus is actually atrocious.

People have rose colored glasses on because he started the year hot with amazing numbers, and amazing advanced stats, but he now looks more like Odom rather than Giannis. He has looked like crap for a couple months now. We keep saying he turns it on in the 4th, but a franchise player delivers from quarters 1-4. This pattern by Scottie is just a sign of inconsistency to me. When was the last time he took over game? His allstar appearance is such a sham, and TBH it means nothing to me.... Franz is a much better player, Sengun has shown a better offensive skillset, and Mobley has shown much better two way ability. Flame me, because in my opinion Barnes is only putting up stats because he's an option on a lackluster team.

you seem miserable
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#71 » by mdenny » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:24 am

Chalky_White wrote:
AbC? wrote:Rough shooting night but still put up nearly a triple double. Chalk that up to the stress of the trade deadline (probably didn’t get much sleep last night) and now being the primary ball handler on the second unit with Dennis gone. That’s a huge responsibility that he’s taking on and some adjustment time is to be expected. Still looked poised and in control, and let RJ and IQ take the scoring load while he masterfully dictated the pace of the game. All in all another great performance.

The trade deadline finished yesterday afternoon, why would it disturb his sleep last night? And i'm not sure why the deadline would leave him stressed as his place on the team is ultra secure. Did he get super close to Bruce already?

He didnt have the best game, it happens.

I could be wrong but I think ABC is satirizing the die hard Barnes fans. It's kinda hilarious.

There's a couple giveaways that are so apt that they're hard to detect. Scotty "let" IQ and Barnes score lol.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,994

Post#72 » by Los_29 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:23 am

XTC wrote:The lust/lore for Scottie has worn off for me. We where calling him a future superstar in November and December because he averaged 21/9/6, but since the new year he's averaging 19/5.5/5.5... Those numbers are crap for our supposed franchise player. In the same timespan his PER has dropped to sub 20, his BPM has dropped to sub 4, and his plus minus is actually atrocious.

None of those guys are better than Scottie. Franz is actually struggling this year. Sengun isn’t exactly winning either and he can’t do the things that Scottie can do. And who cares if Mobley has shown more two way potential. The guy is like a 5th option on his team and can barely dribble a basketball. He’s a good player but Scottie is better now and will likely continue to be better in the future.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,262

Post#73 » by pingpongrac » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:35 am

The bolded kind of contradicts everything else you were saying. We've seen Scottie put up big numbers when we were playing decently as a team whereas he has been putting up noticeably worse numbers in the past 6 weeks when we've been playing like a ~20-win team. The more likely reason for Scottie's numbers dropping recently is that he is now the #1 focus of the opposition with Siakam off the team while he's also been tasked with tougher defensive assignments with OG off the team. It's very possible that he is running out of steam as he has played all 52 games for us thus far while he's 3rd in total minutes played and 1st in total distance travelled. Hopefully the break next week rejuvenates him a bit.

I've been annoyed with Scottie's late-game defensive breakdowns lately and his inconsistent effort from quarter to quarter since he came into the league, but I feel like you're blowing things out of proportion because of a few nights where he missed a bunch of very makeable shots and didn't get quite as many free throws as he probably deserved. He hasn't "looked like crap for a couple months" and his all-star appearance isn't a sham. He just doesn't have the offensive skillset to consistently score 20+ every game, especially with the opposing defence keyed in on him even more.
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,573

Post#74 » by Wargreymon » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:25 am

Wow props for backing up your argument with real numbers. I salute you for having the courage of calling out Barnes recent play but umm good luck man. This board will eat you alive for it.
CanadaB-Ball
Rookie
And1: 311

Post#75 » by CanadaB-Ball » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:03 pm

I’m responding to this post so I can ensure that no one will take your opinion seriously (on anything) in two years.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,019

Post#76 » by anotherhomer » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:19 pm

Wargreymon wrote:

Wow props for backing up your argument with real numbers. I salute you for having the courage of calling out Barnes recent play but umm good luck man. This board will eat you alive for it.

he's not wrong but it's a pretty extreme take

i get that, Barnes hasn't impressed lately and get where the Odom comparison comes in

but i would agree with others in saying he's playing like a Kyle Lowry, Diaw/Draymond Green type of game where he positively impacts the game in a lot of ways
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,303

Post#77 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:57 pm

sortpar wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
DG88 wrote:Love this quote

I know a lot of people don't like the way he talks. He isn't good with the media. But the kid always says the right things, never blames others, and always admits he has work to do. It's funny because he keeps getting trashed for how some perceive his body language, but yet I cannot recall him ever saying something stupid, or that he regrets.

I agree... In my opinion, too many people are attracted to the "Pageantry Patriotism" vision of success. Scottie works his *ss off to develop an all rounded game of scoring, rebounding, assists, defense and being a team player, but gets negatively knocked, because he doesn't focus on just scoring and being a television celebrity.

10000% There are far too many people that would prefer him to be like Cade, putting up 30 points on 27 shots and being very articulate and thoughtful with the media.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,839

Post#78 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:06 pm

MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#79 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:10 pm

I'll give you credit for the top notch sarcasm lol (for real).

I am first and foremost a fan of the team and never an individual player. So if Scottie has a very rough shooting night and we are carried by IQ and RJ to win, then that is an awesome night for me because the core trio is working as intended.

Scottie is not, and never will be, the type who is going to carry us to wins by being the leading scorer every night.
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#80 » by MiamiSPX » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:17 pm

You won't get flamed by me. I disagree wholeheartedly with your position, especially the Wagner part, but credit to you for owning your stance. Cheers.

Return to Toronto Raptors