ImageImageImageImageImage

Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi BAN IN USA(Raps made offer PG4)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

turnbuckle
Junior
And1: 48

Re: Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi BAN IN USA 

Post#61 » by turnbuckle » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Koosh wrote:I'm Iranian and I love Jewish people. I see a lot of similarities between our cultures and it's a shame our countries don't get along. Both sides have a point but fighting over religion is stupid and it's a shame we haven't figured that out yet.

You LOVE Jewish people? Wow - even most Jews don't love Jewish people. Good for you!!..............

kidding!

You are right - it is a shame that religion causes so many rifts..an not your Hatfield an McCoy type rifts either.... billions killed because of religious differences...totally defeating the main message that Jesus was apparently trying to teach.....

Anyhow....I hope he gets a chance to play...might be a positive thing for relations between the west an Iran.
lorax
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Re: Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi BAN IN USA(Raps made offer PG4) 

Post#62 » by lorax » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:02 am

After receiving U.S. government approval, Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi has been cleared to sign with NBA teams, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

link
JYD wrote:Could someone summarize the nothingness please?
alysomji
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#63 » by alysomji » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:10 am

Is this guy going to be a Raptor???????????????????????

The article says TODAY, AUGUST 20th, EHADADI HAS AN OFFER IN HAND FROM YOUR VERY OWN TORONTO RAPTORS! :D

I'd buy his jersey ASAP.
Sick.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#64 » by Alfred » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 am

turnbuckle wrote:
Koosh wrote:I'm Iranian and I love Jewish people. I see a lot of similarities between our cultures and it's a shame our countries don't get along. Both sides have a point but fighting over religion is stupid and it's a shame we haven't figured that out yet.

You LOVE Jewish people? Wow - even most Jews don't love Jewish people. Good for you!!..............

kidding!

You are right - it is a shame that religion causes so many rifts..an not your Hatfield an McCoy type rifts either.... billions killed because of religious differences...totally defeating the main message that Jesus was apparently trying to teach.....

Anyhow....I hope he gets a chance to play...might be a positive thing for relations between the west an Iran.

No offense, but neither Jewish people nor Muslim people view Jesus as the messiah.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by Alfred » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:13 am

alysomji wrote:Is this guy going to be a Raptor???????????????????????

The article says TODAY, AUGUST 20th, EHADADI HAS AN OFFER IN HAND FROM YOUR VERY OWN TORONTO RAPTORS! :D

I'd buy his jersey ASAP.
Sick.

Wow! That's pretty cool. Good marketing move too. Southern Ontario is home to a large number of people of middle eastern descent.
endo
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#66 » by endo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:25 am

Haddadi's impressive physical and mental capacities should allow him to score at least 21 points per game.

:roll:
alysomji
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by alysomji » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:29 am

Alfred wrote:No offense, but neither Jewish people nor Muslim people view Jesus as the messiah.

Actually Muslims do view Jesus as the Messiah: http://www.soundvision.com/Info/Jesus/inIslam.asp

"The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthfulness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do). See how We make Our signs clear to them; and see where they are turning away!" (Quran 5:75).
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by Alfred » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:35 am

alysomji wrote:
Alfred wrote:No offense, but neither Jewish people nor Muslim people view Jesus as the messiah.

Actually Muslims do view Jesus as the Messiah: http://www.soundvision.com/Info/Jesus/inIslam.asp

"The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthfulness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do). See how We make Our signs clear to them; and see where they are turning away!" (Quran 5:75).

Okay, now I'm perplexed. I thought they saw him as another prophet, like Mohammed. Isn't the messiah/son of God, a bigger deal than just a prophet? Why don't they pray to him then?
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#69 » by YogiStewart » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:50 am

SpaceJam wrote:
No, I think it has more to do with the fact that Israel wants to invade Iran. I wouldn't swim with someone that wants to invade Canada now would I.

yes, that's EXACTLY it. :evil: :evil: :banghead:

if you're unsure why he didn't swim in the same pool, perhaps read today's comments Iran's leader made about Israel.
Cohiba13
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#70 » by Cohiba13 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:57 am

alysomji wrote:

Jesus is a model?
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#71 » by YogiStewart » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:57 am

Alfred wrote:
alysomji wrote:

Okay, now I'm perplexed. I thought they saw him as another prophet, like Mohammed. Isn't the messiah/son of God, a bigger deal than just a prophet? Why don't they pray to him then?

dude, seriously...you want RealGM posters to explain the perplexing nuances of religion(s) to you?

next thing you know, you'll be asking Shazzam if/how God was created
alysomji
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by alysomji » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:07 am

Alfred wrote:
alysomji wrote:

It seems the Islamic definition of Messiah is different from the Christian one. This may remove the perplexion:

Another title frequently mentioned is al-Masīḥ, which translates to "the Messiah." This does not correspond to the Christian concept of Messiah, as Islam regards all prophets, including Jesus, to be mortal and without any share in divinity. Muslim exegetes explain the use of the word masīh in the Qur'an as referring to Jesus' status as the one anointed by means of blessings and honors; or as the one who helped cure the sick, by anointing the eyes of the blind, for example.[3] Qur'anic verses also employ the term "kalimatullah" (meaning the "word of God") as a descriptor of Jesus, which is interpreted as a reference to the creating word of God, uttered at the moment of Jesus' conception;[23] or as recognition of Jesus' status as a messenger of God, speaking on God's behalf.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus
Raptors90102
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#73 » by Raptors90102 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:07 am

YogiStewart wrote:
Alfred wrote:
alysomji wrote:

dude, seriously...you want RealGM posters to explain the perplexing nuances of religion(s) to you?

next thing you know, you'll be asking Shazzam if/how God was created

I am sure Shazzam knows the answer to that question. Right Shazzam?
Raptors90102
Banned User

Post#74 » by Raptors90102 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:10 am

Why are we discussing whether Jesus was the Messiah or not? I refused to call Jesus a Messiah..

The only Messiah I know is an Abercrombie & Fitch model.. and he's legit!
Raptors90102
Banned User

Post#75 » by Raptors90102 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:12 am

Cohiba13 wrote:
alysomji wrote:

Jesus is a model?

Bahaha! I don't think many ppl got that subtle reference.. well played sir!
raptorgenius7
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#76 » by raptorgenius7 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 am

Hadadi has reportedly had a few offers from NBA clubs and stated he will sign for a club after he competes for Iran at the 2008 Olympic Basketball Tournament. [2] However, unless he signs with the Toronto Raptors he first has to overcome legal restrictions regarding business dealings between U.S. companies and Iranian citizens. [3] Hadadi plans to join the Memphis Grizzlies in 2008.[4]

In August 2007, Hadadi rejected an offer from the Serbian League team KK Partizan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamed_Ehadadi
Looks like its true, but im confused which team will he choose Toronto or Memphis?
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#77 » by Danny1616 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:25 am

SpaceJam wrote:
amirk999 wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:I think it's pretty stupid when politics mess with sports.
Just a few days ago an iranian swimmer dropped out of his heat and refused to swim because an Israeli was competing in his heat :lol:

He probably knew he wansnt going to win anything :).

Anyways, here is an iranian which I hope makes the NBA: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... index.html

No, I think it has more to do with the fact that Israel wants to invade Iran. I wouldn't swim with someone that wants to invade Canada now would I.

Israel wants to invade Iran? I hope your not listening to some ridiculous propaganda.
m1kenoff
Bench Warmer
And1: 482

Post#78 » by m1kenoff » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:28 am

"
Haddadi's impressive physical and mental capacities should allow him to score at least 21 points per game. Moreover, his fiery slam-dunks and amazing rebounds are sure to impress any audience in any nation."

lol

---

Speaking of religeon though, I strongly believe that both Jewish and Muslim people view/ed Jesus as a glorified prophet/man of great wisdom. There have been healers, prophets, and men of great wisdom in the past but they are not prayed to. The difference is Jesus embraced the prayers while the others were humble and rejected them, as they understood their purpose differently. However, you all know the saying "your'e nobody till somebody kills you" and I believe that since Jesus was killed at such a young age, his legacy was over-glorified. All I know is Muslims don't pray to mohammed, Jews dont pray to Moses, even though they performed many miracles, and Buddhists dont pray to Buddha. Which always makes me wonder why Christians pray to Jesus?
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#79 » by Danny1616 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:35 am

m1kenoff wrote:"
Haddadi's impressive physical and mental capacities should allow him to score at least 21 points per game. Moreover, his fiery slam-dunks and amazing rebounds are sure to impress any audience in any nation."

lol

---

Speaking of religeon though, I strongly believe that both Jewish and Muslim people view/ed Jesus as a glorified prophet/man of great wisdom. There have been healers, prophets, and men of great wisdom in the past but they are not prayed to. The difference is Jesus embraced the prayers while the others were humble and rejected them, as they understood their purpose differently. However, you all know the saying "your'e nobody till somebody kills you" and I believe that since Jesus was killed at such a young age, his legacy was over-glorified. All I know is Muslims don't pray to mohammed, Jews dont pray to Moses, even though they performed many miracles, and Buddhists dont pray to Buddha. Which always makes me wonder why Christians pray to Jesus?

As a jew myself I see Jesus as merely being a very intelligent, rebellious jew. If it were not for Paul of Tarsus or Constantine, Christianity would have just been a small jewish sect in the far corner of the roman empire.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by Alfred » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:39 am

Danny1616 wrote:
m1kenoff wrote:"

lol

---

As a jew myself I see Jesus as merely being a very intelligent, rebellious jew. If it were not for Paul of Tarsus or Constantine, Christianity would have just been a small jewish sect in the far corner of the roman empire.

But see, if you're actually religious, you could say that God intended it to be that way. If you're not religious, Jesus as the son of God is just as ridiculous as the Jewish interpretation of God.

Return to Toronto Raptors