ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,343

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4 

Post#601 » by MainEvent » Tue May 14, 2024 3:01 am

Bub's 3pt shot was looking slowwww, he isn't taking shots like that in the game so I'm not sure if that even helped him much.

I am interested in him tho, gotta watch some more tape
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,716

Post#602 » by Psubs » Tue May 14, 2024 3:02 am

redraptor77 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Pericles wrote:Luke Kennard and #9 for Jakob Poeltl

Would do.

Ensures next year’s tank and heck we might be able to just draft Clingan to replace him truly long term. If not there’s still interesting names at 9 and/or you package IND pick to move up to ensure you get the player you want.

But it’s mainly getting off his money for a much better FA class and draft next year while also getting more young talent in even sooner. Even if we struggled to win I’d be far more interested in watching a group of young players grow/develop than half measures with a couple of vets just to teeter the line and accomplish a lot of nothing.

Perfectly written. Brown’s contract will be a wild card. I really want a centre this year don’t want Barnes playing the five. Trading Jakob better mean they have a five in place.

Maybe Poeltl to OKC for #12 and draft Carrington with #12?

I think Carrington has been training hard since March and it's showing in speed, vert and shooting drills. :o

BTW, Reed Sheppard has a 42 inch vertical! :o

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news/nba-draft-combine-results-height-wingspan-measurements-2024/eaf7a513cdeb6e5a44c31fc4

Castle is only 6'2.5 without shoes. :o
Psubs
RealGM

Post#603 » by Psubs » Tue May 14, 2024 3:05 am

MainEvent wrote:Bub's 3pt shot was looking slowwww, he isn't taking shots like that in the game so I'm not sure if that even helped him much.

So when he's not taking very difficult in game shots and slows things down a bit he's able to be very very accurate. :D The tools are there. Might have to trade to get an earlier pick to get him but I think it's worth it.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,878

Post#604 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 am

MainEvent wrote:Bub's 3pt shot was looking slowwww, he isn't taking shots like that in the game so I'm not sure if that even helped him much.

He's going to be good imo, toolsy plus work ethic
MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,343

Post#605 » by MainEvent » Tue May 14, 2024 3:11 am

Psubs wrote:
redraptor77 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Would do.

Ensures next year’s tank and heck we might be able to just draft Clingan to replace him truly long term. If not there’s still interesting names at 9 and/or you package IND pick to move up to ensure you get the player you want.

But it’s mainly getting off his money for a much better FA class and draft next year while also getting more young talent in even sooner. Even if we struggled to win I’d be far more interested in watching a group of young players grow/develop than half measures with a couple of vets just to teeter the line and accomplish a lot of nothing.

Perfectly written. Brown’s contract will be a wild card. I really want a centre this year don’t want Barnes playing the five. Trading Jakob better mean they have a five in place.

Maybe Poeltl to OKC for #12 and draft Carrington with #12?

I think Carrington has been training hard since March and it's showing in speed, vert and shooting drills. :o

BTW, Reed Sheppard has a 42 inch vertical! :o

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news/nba-draft-combine-results-height-wingspan-measurements-2024/eaf7a513cdeb6e5a44c31fc4

Castle is only 6'2.5 without shoes. :o

supposedly they put Devin Carter's measurements for Castle by accident and then took it down. but not sure why they didn't put up the real measurements yet.. I bet he's like 6'4.5" or 6'5"
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,919

Post#606 » by Thaddy » Tue May 14, 2024 3:15 am

Based on measurements we'll see a lot of guys fall. Dillingham and Castle are suddenly McCain level picks. I would say 6-10 feels more like mid first round in an average strength draft.

At 19 I like our chances of picking up a half decent rotation level player. Filipowski, McCain, Collier, Silva, Smith, and raw prospects like Missi will be within range.

This is the BPAs in 5 years based on my research. I have an emphasis on size and skill.

1 Sarr
2 Holland
3 Risacher
4 Clingan
5 Filipowski
6 Salaun
7 Reed
8 McCain
9 Castle 
10 Buzelis
11 Dillingham
12 Carter
13 Walter
14 Williams
15 Topic
16 Smith
17 Edey
18 Knect
19 Collier
20 Silva
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 622

Post#607 » by grant101 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:29 am

Just going on record that I may have been a little hasty dismissing the Ringer mock that had us selecting Trentyn Flowers @ 31. Not my first choice, but I absolutely get the appeal. He has the chance to really climb boards with a good combine showing. The tools and base skill set are all there and he's one of the youngest prospects in the draft. I'd much rather take a developmental flyer on him than someone like Salaun. Also more to his game than Dadiet.
RoteSchroder
Junior
And1: 234

Post#608 » by RoteSchroder » Tue May 14, 2024 3:33 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Draft Bronny to replace Gary Trent lol

Bronny is more of a Nowell replacement, but with worse passing.

Carrington would be a GTJr upgrade.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,606

Post#609 » by PhilBlackson » Tue May 14, 2024 3:44 am

grant101 wrote:Just going on record that I may have been a little hasty dismissing the Ringer mock that had us selecting Trentyn Flowers @ 31. Not my first choice, but I absolutely get the appeal. He has the chance to really climb boards with a good combine showing. The tools and base skill set are all there and he's one of the youngest prospects in the draft. I'd much rather take a developmental flyer on him than someone like Salaun. Also more to his game than Dadiet.

While I’m sure someone has mentioned his name before it’s my first time reading/hearing about Flowers and from quick highlights….damn I like the look of his upside that he might even jump ahead of Tyson for that DET pick. He looks a little taller/longer which the team desperately needs. Rare W for the Ringer lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,761

Post#610 » by DG88 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:55 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
grant101 wrote:Just going on record that I may have been a little hasty dismissing the Ringer mock that had us selecting Trentyn Flowers @ 31. Not my first choice, but I absolutely get the appeal. He has the chance to really climb boards with a good combine showing. The tools and base skill set are all there and he's one of the youngest prospects in the draft. I'd much rather take a developmental flyer on him than someone like Salaun. Also more to his game than Dadiet.

While I’m sure someone has mentioned his name before it’s my first time reading/hearing about Flowers and from quick highlights….damn I like the look of his upside that he might even jump ahead of Tyson for that DET pick. He looks a little taller/longer which the team desperately needs. Rare W for the Ringer lol

Heard his name as well but will take a look. He apparently had a good showing at the combine.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,544

Post#611 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:How about this for the long term of the team?

At the draft:
1. Brown to the Hawks for Hunter + SAC 2025 1st
2. Poeltl + McDaniels to the Grizzlies for #9 + Kennard + Clarke*
(*MEM only makes the deal if Clingan is gone.)
3. #9 - Holland, #19 - Carter/Holmes/Ware, #31 - Simpson

Offseason:
1. Trent S&T to the Hawks for Capela
2. MLE on Tyus Jones.
3. Pay Quickley $112M/4yrs
4. If you can squeeze some vets on the minimum, that'd be great.

2024-25
Quickley/Jones/Simpson
Barrett/Dick/Agbaji
Hunter/Holland/Nwora
Barnes/Clarke/Boucher
Capela/Olynyk/Ware or Holmes

Own all your picks going forward, lots of youth, the SAC pick next year, flexible contracts.

I'd kill for those trades to happen...but doubt it.

I don't see the Hawks doing that because I think they're gonna take this as their opportunity to rebuild (yet again). I'd love to make that trade because I can see that SAC pick being in the lottery next year, I just don't see it.

I think they trade Trae to SAS for their 2 FRPs this year plus maybe a pick or two of their own sent back to them. But I would 100% do the rest, especially getting off of Poeltl's contract for next year's better FA class while also ensuring a proper tank for next season AND getting a higher quality rookie player. It would be way more fun to see a group of young guys figure it out and just letting the chips fall where they may that way. Then once we added another top 10 prospect pay for some winning vets.

I don't think it's going to be Trae to the Spurs. I think Trae is headed to New Orleans for something around Ingram. If I'm right, they'll have Murray, Ingram, Bogz, Trent, Sarr, Bey, Okongwu and Johnson. That team is far too good to consider rebuilding.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,534

Post#612 » by S.W.A.N » Tue May 14, 2024 4:19 am

TNRaps4life wrote:
S.W.A.N wrote:
gha4life wrote:Wow holland measuring 6"6 and castle measuring 6"2 without shoes wasnt something I expected , taught holand will be shorter and castle taller

Sent from my SM-S918W using RealGM mobile app

There was a pic of Castle standing with Reed Shepard, Dillingham and Clingan on draft lotto night.... Castle didn't look big at all.

Castle measured 6'4 +. He was given someone's measurement.

OK. That makes total sense. If he 6'4 and a bit then he 6'6 in shoes. That doesn't hurt his stock then.
We the North
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,380

Post#613 » by canada_dry » Tue May 14, 2024 4:33 am

According to russilo he said nba execs told him:

1. The 1st pick in this draft is like the 8th pick in a normal draft

2. The 1st picks trade value is probably the 4th or 5th guy on a decent team.

As much as the weak protections were unnecessary making it not a good trade...im good.

Having (essentially) two 1st round picks to add depth in a draft full of depth pieces makes the pill a lot easier to swallow.

As i said before A top 10 draft pick in a strong draft like 2025>>>a top 6-8 pick in this draft. Easily.

Was better to convey imo.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 595

Post#614 » by SpezNc » Tue May 14, 2024 4:45 am

I was team keep the pick
Also for some reason , I was so stoke to see San Antonio logo that I didn’t see it was the pick from Toronto
I legit thought we were in the top 4 . I was so excited
Jump on this board and it’s a funeral vibe .
I then understood we were not in the top4
I was devastated.
I review again the lottery to understand what I missed. I don’t know how I missed it . Especially with Brooklyn (Houston) and Atlanta going up.
But I am at peace with conveying and turning the page.
No more pick saga next year !
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,793

Post#615 » by metafisical » Tue May 14, 2024 4:50 am

canada_dry wrote:According to russilo he said nba execs told him:

1. The 1st pick in this draft is like the 8th pick in a normal draft

2. The 1st picks trade value is probably the 4th or 5th guy on a decent team.

As much as the weak protections were unnecessary making it not a good trade...im good.

Having (essentially) two 1st round picks to add depth in a draft full of depth pieces makes the pill a lot easier to swallow.

As i said before A top 10 draft pick in a strong draft like 2025>>>a top 6-8 pick in this draft. Easily.

Was better to convey imo.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Only time will tell. Can't definitively judge a draft until the the draftees are drafted and play for their teams. Not saying you or those execs are wrong, but I think some of us are too hasty in dismissing a draft without any of the guys setting foot in an NBA court. Hence why guys like Siakim, OG and even FVV are picked where they were (or not picked, in FVV's case).

Hoeever, my hope is that the draft, minus picks #19 and 31, are all historic busts. But my expectation is that there will be gems in this draft that people didn't expect or thought improbable.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,458

Post#616 » by PushDaRock » Tue May 14, 2024 5:02 am

WuTang_OG wrote:here wego with this hype marchine

Read on Twitter

lol it's insane, all of this hype and the best case scenario upside for Bronny is probably D'Anthony Melton or Avery Bradley.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,235

Post#617 » by Mark_83 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:50 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if we took Holmes at 31. Elite BPM and PER, great kid, year over year progression. Only minus is the non-elite measurements for a PF/C with his 7'0.5 wingspan.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#618 » by Psubs » Tue May 14, 2024 6:23 am

PushDaRock wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:here wego with this hype marchine

Read on Twitter

lol it's insane, all of this hype and the best case scenario upside for Bronny is probably D'Anthony Melton or Avery Bradley.

I would say Mac McClung is who he'd be on par with.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#619 » by Psubs » Tue May 14, 2024 6:24 am

Mark_83 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I wouldn't be surprised if we took Holmes at 31. Elite BPM and PER, great kid, year over year progression. Only minus is the non-elite measurements for a PF/C with his 7'0.5 wingspan.

Holmes could be the next Paul Milsap but a little taller. He'd be a nice pickup for the Suns at #22.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,423

Post#620 » by ItsDanger » Tue May 14, 2024 6:28 am

Was catching up on combine updates on social media and 50% of all discussion is about Bronny James. Unbelievable.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.

Return to Toronto Raptors