ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Blowout loss

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,337

Re: PG: Blowout loss 

Post#81 » by pilkoids » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:37 pm

An AI song about this raps season i created using suno.ai

https://app.suno.ai/song/ac2f726a-6bca-44b1-9e51-7ff144c3c736
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,438

Post#82 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:42 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Childs wrote:

Hopefully he still has the locker room next yr

He doesnt have it now. They may like him bit they aren't motivated. And this is an all year problem not end of year blatant tank problem

I think I agree with this. That comment about Garrett Temple being the hustle guy and showing the most heart on the team was striking. We got problems.

Lol that presser was just pathetic. This guy is here talking about "small wins" in a game where we got crushed by almost 50. It's clear there is no standard for this team.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,337

Post#83 » by pilkoids » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:45 pm

This team needs a coach who was recently a player How do you'll think Lowry would work out as a head coach?
ill-Will03
Rookie

Post#84 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:49 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Brinbe wrote:The team they're putting out there right now by and large won't be the team we'll see next fall, so no real reason to be getting all upset.

Yeah not sure why some are so upset lol. Of the 9 guys that played last night, only Dick and IQ are a lock to be on the team next year. I know McD still has 1 more year but he might (should) get waived or be tossed in to a trade for salary purposes. Nobody can say with any confidence that any other guy from last night will be on the team, or even in the NBA, next season.

Honestly I think people have the right to be upset at the product that's being shown on the court right now regardless of how many g leaguers or players that wont be here next year we have. Tanking is one thing but not showing any effort out there at all especially for guys that are fighting for the nba careers? That's just unacceptable to me, and that falls on the coaching staff. I for one was never a fan of the Darko hiring and thought Jordi should have been the hire and its showing why now.

Again no one is expecting them to win these games, but i am expecting them to show effort, get back on defense, rebound stop the unforced turnovers. There has to be some sort of standard set even for tanking. Or else u end up like the hornets and the pistons
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,679

Post#85 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:53 pm

ill-Will03 wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
Brinbe wrote:The team they're putting out there right now by and large won't be the team we'll see next fall, so no real reason to be getting all upset.

Yeah not sure why some are so upset lol. Of the 9 guys that played last night, only Dick and IQ are a lock to be on the team next year. I know McD still has 1 more year but he might (should) get waived or be tossed in to a trade for salary purposes. Nobody can say with any confidence that any other guy from last night will be on the team, or even in the NBA, next season.

Honestly I think people have the right to be upset at the product that's being shown on the court right now regardless of how many g leaguers or players that wont be here next year we have. Tanking is one thing but not showing any effort out there at all especially for guys that are fighting for the nba careers? That's just unacceptable to me, and that falls on the coaching staff. I for one was never a fan of the Darko hiring and thought Jordi should have been the hire and its showing why now.

Again no one is expecting them to win these games, but i am expecting them to show effort, get back on defense, rebound stop the unforced turnovers. There has to be some sort of standard set even for tanking. Or else u end up like the hornets and the pistons

Would it be acceptable if they lost by 100? This mentality is so odd to me, the team is expected to lose. That doesn't mean no information can be extracted by what we see. You have a coach with seemingly no standards, he seems unbothered by the fact that we give up 30 pt deficits like its candy, makes jokes about how bad our defense is with a big smile on his face; I'm very confused about why I should ignore all these red flags? Losing these games is not a red flag.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,609

Post#86 » by Scase » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:01 pm

SFour wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:I always knew this board never had it in them for a tank. All this crying and whining. We are literally playing a hybrid of a bench and G-leaguers for the past month. Of course we suck.

ya the whining is annoying....some people want to out-tank the grizzlies while also being a competitive team at the same time, it's just not going to happen.

I haven't really seen a whole lot of whining, the team is bad and has had major injuries for a hot minute, most people know what they are seeing. Now, the media, they seem to be whining a whole bunch.
Props TZ!
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,212

Post#87 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:11 pm

sbsat wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:I always knew this board never had it in them for a tank. All this crying and whining. We are literally playing a hybrid of a bench and G-leaguers for the past month. Of course we suck.

Yeah exactly how I feel. So much whining and pointing fingers and claiming to be brilliant basketball savants with all the answers. tWo! tWo! tWo! All aboard for the tankathon! Woo hoo!!!

But where is everybody? Where is the excitement, the joy, the banter, the cockiness now? Where is everybody? This place is a dead zone and has been since we started losing. Where are all the happy tankers, excited not only that we are losing but also because lots of people expect we'll suck next year too. Yahoo!!! What a success! What fantastic leadership! What a fun ride!

rats bailing at the first sign of losing
only coming around to complain we aren't losing enough, or aren't losing the right way, or didn't start losing early enough
as if you all would have stuck around cheering those 15 game losing streaks like this one
lol

one of the main reasons not to tank was always that it crushes everybody's soul to lose that much and it makes it very very hard to come out of it intact, let alone stronger than ever.

we might still do it. we might succeed in going forward after a brief late season tank this year like we did in the Tampa tank. but don't come around claiming you have the guts for a prolonged multiyear tank like so many have cried for for so long. just look at this place. imagine 2 or 3 years of this? lol.

the TWO thread was extremely active prior to any tank actually happening; not even sure when the last time someone posted there. Fairweather fans that think tanking is any formula for success and an enjoyable product are delusional and are in hiding.

Its no fun trolling a fanbase in that thread after its real and you can just troll them everywhere.

Btw I don't disagree that this team can't win without playing its players, but wonder why they even both to rest anyone (E.g. Olynyk last night, countless others since the break). Its just piling on to what is already a severely undermanned and bad team. As for blaming darko, I think your way far offside there.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:16 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
sbsat wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
Yeah exactly how I feel. So much whining and pointing fingers and claiming to be brilliant basketball savants with all the answers. tWo! tWo! tWo! All aboard for the tankathon! Woo hoo!!!

But where is everybody? Where is the excitement, the joy, the banter, the cockiness now? Where is everybody? This place is a dead zone and has been since we started losing. Where are all the happy tankers, excited not only that we are losing but also because lots of people expect we'll suck next year too. Yahoo!!! What a success! What fantastic leadership! What a fun ride!

rats bailing at the first sign of losing
only coming around to complain we aren't losing enough, or aren't losing the right way, or didn't start losing early enough
as if you all would have stuck around cheering those 15 game losing streaks like this one
lol

one of the main reasons not to tank was always that it crushes everybody's soul to lose that much and it makes it very very hard to come out of it intact, let alone stronger than ever.

we might still do it. we might succeed in going forward after a brief late season tank this year like we did in the Tampa tank. but don't come around claiming you have the guts for a prolonged multiyear tank like so many have cried for for so long. just look at this place. imagine 2 or 3 years of this? lol.

the TWO thread was extremely active prior to any tank actually happening; not even sure when the last time someone posted there. Fairweather fans that think tanking is any formula for success and an enjoyable product are delusional and are in hiding.

Its no fun trolling a fanbase in that thread after its real and you can just troll them everywhere.

Btw I don't disagree that this team can't win without playing its players, but wonder why they even both to rest anyone (E.g. Olynyk last night, countless others since the break). Its just piling on to what is already a severely undermanned and bad team. As for blaming darko, I think your way far offside there.

there is no blaming. But you can ALWAYS have standards. At what point--even in expected lossess--are we allowed to raise red flags about our coach? If they were losing these games by 100 would we just say "hey the players are who they are and this is reasonable given who we are fielding"? I've equivalently lambasted Bruce Brown. There has to be standards even if the outcome (W or L) is pre-dtermined.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,212

Post#89 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:20 pm

sbsat wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
sbsat wrote:

there is no blaming. But you can ALWAYS have standards. At what point--even in expected lossess--are we allowed to raise red flags about our coach? If they were losing these games by 100 would we just say "hey the players are who they are and this is reasonable given who we are fielding"? I've equivalently lambasted Bruce Brown. There has to be standards even if the outcome (W or L) is pre-dtermined.

When games actually matter and when you give him an NBA team that you can judge by. All year long he's been undercut by players knowing they were being traded (Siakam/OG/prbobaly GTJ), the rest of the players worried about being traded with them, injuries or tanking. The hardest thing to find in a coach that the players like and respect. That doesn't seem to be an issue (and seems opposite), and if he was as stupid and ineffective as you would like to imply, there would be a respect issue.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#90 » by Pointgod » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:22 pm

Cheer up! We lost, Memphis and Portland both won! In the words of Ricky Rubio “Be happy!”
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:40 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
sbsat wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

When games actually matter and when you give him an NBA team that you can judge by. All year long he's been undercut by players knowing they were being traded (Siakam/OG/prbobaly GTJ), the rest of the players worried about being traded with them, injuries or tanking. The hardest thing to find in a coach that the players like and respect. That doesn't seem to be an issue (and seems opposite), and if he was as stupid and ineffective as you would like to imply, there would be a respect issue.

So to be clear, if they lose these games by 100 points, nothing can be gleaned about the coach? I'm not sure how you measure player respect for a coach; they may like him alright, but effort has been an issue all year. If we are willing to give the guy his flowers for better ball movement, and better vibes, you can certainly point out issues with the team that have been evident all year. This sh.it shouldn't be asymmetric.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,293

Post#92 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:53 pm

I'm no fan of Darko but let's get real here, nobody is doing better with that roster last night. I am willing to bet nobody, other than Nwora, even knew who Malik Williams was. Even Darko I bet had never heard of him.

Here is who played last night:

IQ - Only legit starter, but is new to the role and has only been with the team 3 months.
Dick - Up and down year, 20 year old rookie.
Temple - Great bench vet, but old and a terrible player.
McDaniels - Only got the start because of facing his brother, which shows how seriously we are taking these games lol. Even the most ardent Masai defender will admit this guy is absolutely awful and should not be in the NBA.
Gueye - Not in the NBA next season
Malik - Not in the NBA 9 days from now.
Simmons - Not in the NBA 2 days from now.
JFL - Tops out as our 14th-15th guy next season.
Nwora - He's not good. He'll be n the NBA next season but most likely as a 3rd stringer.

The only 2 guys that have been with the team all season are McD and Temple, who never play, rightfully. Even Pop or Spoelstra aren't doing anything with that roster.

Darko has also had to deal with:

Brown - Clearly doesn't want to be on the team.
OG - Wanted out for a while, and mailed it in for his last 3 weeks once he knew trade talks were in the works.
Siakam - Wanted t stay but team didn't want to pay him and told him that, which had to have made things weird at best.
GTJ - Seemingly wants to stay but they are obviously at odds over money.
Flynn - Was obviously mandated to play him, likely out of the NBA next season.

I'm no FO fanboy (I couldn't care less if Masai, Bobby and Darko all walked out the door tomorrow) but Darko gets a pass for me this season. That doesn't mean I haven't seen some things I don't like from him. I have....but come one, you have to have some serious blinders on to not admit he was dealt a very bad hand.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,065

Post#93 » by Duffman100 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:00 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:I'm no fan of Darko but let's get real here, nobody is doing better with that roster last night. I am willing to bet nobody, other than Nwora, even knew who Malik Williams was. Even Darko I bet had never heard of him.

Here is who played last night:

IQ - Only legit starter, but is new to the role and has only been with the team 3 months.
Dick - Up and down year, 20 year old rookie.
Temple - Great bench vet, but old and a terrible player.
McDaniels - Only got the start because of facing his brother, which shows how seriously we are taking these games lol. Even the most ardent Masai defender will admit this guy is absolutely awful and should not be in the NBA.
Gueye - Not in the NBA next season
Malik - Not in the NBA 9 days from now.
Simmons - Not in the NBA 2 days from now.
JFL - Tops out as our 14th-15th guy next season.
Nwora - He's not good. He'll be n the NBA next season but most likely as a 3rd stringer.

The only 2 guys that have been with the team all season are McD and Temple, who never play, rightfully. Even Pop or Spoelstra aren't doing anything with that roster.

Darko has also had to deal with:

Brown - Clearly doesn't want to be on the team.
OG - Wanted out for a while, and mailed it in for his last 3 weeks once he knew trade talks were in the works.
Siakam - Wanted t stay but team didn't want to pay him and told him that, which had to have made things weird at best.
GTJ - Seemingly wants to stay but they are obviously at odds over money.
Flynn - Was obviously mandated to play him, likely out of the NBA next season.

I'm no FO fanboy (I couldn't care less if Masai, Bobby and Darko all walked out the door tomorrow) but Darko gets a pass for me this season. That doesn't mean I haven't seen some things I don't like from him. I have....but come one, you have to have some serious blinders on to not admit he was dealt a very bad hand.

100%

If the start of next season our defensive rotations are bad, our effort level is low, we're giving up offensive rebounds, we're still sloppy turning the ball over...

Then you pull the plug.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,464

Post#94 » by TimeForChange » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:08 pm

pilkoids wrote:This team needs a coach who was recently a player How do you'll think Lowry would work out as a head coach?

they interviewed JJ Reddick but didn't even consider him.

JJ is going to be the head coach of Lebron's team in Vegas and Darko will be out of the league by then.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,364

Post#95 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:08 pm

Blaming the coach in the middle of the most impressive tank job is just **** weird.

Arguably our two most important guys in Scottie and Jak have not played in months. RJ and IQ our next best guys also sat for weeks for personal issues. Then, we randomly sit Olynyk, Brown, and GTJ to make sure we don't win.

What NBA team wins a game missing 3-4 starters every game, as well as 1-2 key bench guys?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ill-Will03
Rookie

Post#96 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:13 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:Blaming the coach in the middle of the most impressive tank job is just **** weird.

Arguably our two most important guys in Scottie and Jak have not played in months. RJ and IQ our next best guys also sat for weeks for personal issues. Then, we randomly sit Olynyk, Brown, and GTJ to make sure we don't win.

What NBA team wins a game missing 3-4 starters every game, as well as 1-2 key bench guys?

Be honest, do you think Darko was any better when we had our full squad? Even before the trades or after when we were fully healthy
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,566

Post#97 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:17 pm

A loss by 50 is the same as a loss by 5 for this team's current plan and direction.

If this was a 50 point loss while playing Scottie/Quick/RJ/Poeltl/Trent with all the guys that would consider part of the long term plans...I'd be concerned.

However...this was a 50 point loss while playing 8 guys and only 2 of them figure to be part of the rotation and future...so losing by 50 to a top 5 team in the league with one of the best young scorers and a multi-time DPOY is completely reasonable. What are people complaining about?

If you are going to subject yourselves to watching the rest of the games this season...take every moment with a grain of salt. Losses are expected with the players that playing. Darko is being told to play the G-leaguers for the purpose of evaluation, tanking and a favor to the agents of these G-leaguers so they get exposure for their next contracts. Nwora and Trent are obviously playing for their next contracts as evident by their selfish play.
ill-Will03
Rookie

Post#98 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:32 pm

mtcan wrote:A loss by 50 is the same as a loss by 5 for this team's current plan and direction.

If this was a 50 point loss while playing Scottie/Quick/RJ/Poeltl/Trent with all the guys that would consider part of the long term plans...I'd be concerned.

However...this was a 50 point loss while playing 8 guys and only 2 of them figure to be part of the rotation and future...so losing by 50 to a top 5 team in the league with one of the best young scorers and a multi-time DPOY is completely reasonable. What are people complaining about?

If you are going to subject yourselves to watching the rest of the games this season...take every moment with a grain of salt. Losses are expected with the players that playing. Darko is being told to play the G-leaguers for the purpose of evaluation, tanking and a favor to the agents of these G-leaguers so they get exposure for their next contracts. Nwora and Trent are obviously playing for their next contracts as evident by their selfish play.

It most definitely is not the same lol wtf
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,140

Post#99 » by LarSiN » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:33 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
pilkoids wrote:This team needs a coach who was recently a player How do you'll think Lowry would work out as a head coach?

they interviewed JJ Reddick but didn't even consider him.

JJ is going to be the head coach of Lebron's team in Vegas and Darko will be out of the league by then.

Green Font
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,566

Post#100 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:34 pm

ill-Will03 wrote:
mtcan wrote:A loss by 50 is the same as a loss by 5 for this team's current plan and direction.

It most definitely is not the same lol wtf

Did you read the rest of the post? Clearly not. Nice.

Maybe try reading and responding with more than just "lol wtf".

Return to Toronto Raptors