ImageImageImageImageImage

William Lou Leaving 'The Raptors Show'

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

adubmac
Junior
And1: 669

Re: William Lou Leaving 'The Raptors Show' 

Post#81 » by adubmac » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:24 am

dafan590 wrote:the sportsnet people up top are garbage....signing a huge 12 year deal with the NHL was a big mistake.
Thus, they had to cut cost on other areas.

Those losers up top should be let go first!!!

The "loser" who did that is now the President & CEO for MLSE.
holy wack unlyrical lyrics
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,487

Post#82 » by Cyrus » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:52 am

C Court wrote:I really like Will and Alex, so I look forward to them reuniting.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Raptors Show.

Don't worry y'all, we will still have jonesy and Eric show! They can talk about how nothing raps or raps management has done has been bad.

"They still got a shot at play in, just a win streak away from being right there.". :lol: when they were like 6 games out and 3 teams between them
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,728

Post#83 » by C_Money » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:07 am

Cyrus wrote:
C Court wrote:I really like Will and Alex, so I look forward to them reuniting.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Raptors Show.

Don't worry, will still have jonesy and Eric show! They can talk about how nothing raps or raps management has done has been bad.

"They still got a shot at play in, just a win streak away from being right there.". :lol: when they were like 6 games out and 3 teams between them

The one thing I respect Will Lou for is he has no problem calling out the team and organization when they’ve been trash.

Nobody wants to listen to Eric and Jonesy.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Post#84 » by C Court » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:17 am

Eric and Jonesy are great guys in person, but as Raptors broadcasters - they are nothing more than Raptor cheerleaders.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,209

Post#85 » by HiJiNX » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:19 am

mtcan wrote:Lindsay Dunn would be a good host. She brings some fun and entertainment while Blake brings the numbers.

I’d definitely go with Lindsay Dunn. She understands how to set up a segment and make her teammates better. She’s really good at her job. Easy to listen to. No ego. Attractive but not so attractive that she’s not taken seriously. I’d give her a shot.

But maybe not with Blake Murphy haha. He’s a situational big.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,942

Post#86 » by Ado05 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:20 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
djsunyc wrote:my #1 pick is savannah hamilton. she's great when she's on radio just talking raptors.

she also keeps thing general, is knowledgeable, has energy and is easy on the eyes for the video feed. she checks all boxes.

yea #1 pick if you're tryna lose brain cells.

kayla grey is a much better choice.

I got a feeling they'll give it to Blake & Samson. Has a nice ring to it as well.

No chance. Both Blake and Samson are boring. They play the same role.

Tim Micallef is right there and he will probably get the job. He'll at least bring some personality to the table.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,925

Post#87 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:34 am

Working for big companies like that is creative jail.. can't say anything you want or do the stuff you wanna do without approval.. They can steal the fans they acquired on a bigger platform and make their own podcast with the casual viewers they got from Sportsnet
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,320

Post#88 » by Reeko » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:54 am

I wonder if he'll go back to Yahoo. Tim Micallef is the obvious replacement from a personality stand point. If they can land Skeets and Melas that would also be good. Samson and Blake provide great analysis but not nearly enough in the way of personality and entertainment.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Loyal_Canuck
Sophomore
And1: 237

Post#89 » by Loyal_Canuck » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:15 am

I’m always bewildered by how diverse our fan base is but shocked by the lack of diversity amongst the media who cover the team. Crazy thing is that when I was kid growing up in the 90s we had that problem and it still persists as a 42 year old man raising my own kids into raptor fandom

I’m not Asian but loved hearing Will and Alex and listening to their relatable stories. It’s going to be tough listening to Blake talk about G League prospects
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,253

Post#90 » by Appostis » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:16 am

Hopefully he does independent coverage because Raptors podcast scene took a hit in the past year.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,007

Post#91 » by ForeverTFC » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:45 am

No one is really talking about it, but Rogers is going to ruin this franchise once they get full control of it. They really sent Grange out for this propaganda piece last week where he insinuated that Rogers is going to own the team outright. Note that as far as I know having done my googling, Sportsnet did not cover the Ted Rogers / Masai struggle when it happened, and notice who finally brings it up, albeit very softly.

I don't want to question the loyalties of Del, 2019nbachamps, Tor_Raps and their ilk, but I hope they'll come around to seeing the bigger picture one day. Similarly, when people question whether it makes "business sense" to buy a WNBA team they miss the broader picture that one of our owners is not willing to invest in basketball in this market to the degree that we have. Let's hope that 1) Bell doesn't sell and 2) Pelley takes a liking to Masai and allows our team to be run by basketball people. Of course the best scenario would be letting Larry buy out the Raptors, but that's never going to happen as they are the crown jewel of MLSE, despite what the puckheads will tell you

In regards to Will, you have to believe he got pushed out but radio never really suited him anyways. It's a shame that we can't get an independent "national" outlet in Canada like the Ringer or Athletic, because that's where he belongs. Unfortunately, a Raptors focused podcast stand-alone isn't really going to work long term and they'll likely move on at some point.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,568

Post#92 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:28 pm

The show will be garbage without him.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
pharring
Sixth Man
And1: 372

Post#93 » by pharring » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:32 pm

I'm bummed. This is my favourite bball podcast. This and Mismatch. Listen to reaction pod every night it was available. Big Blake fan. Blake was stats and Will was vibe check. I'll follow Will to wherever lands. Just hoping Blake doesn't get saddled with all baseball.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,569

Post#94 » by mtcan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:35 pm

Reeko wrote:I wonder if he'll go back to Yahoo. Tim Micallef is the obvious replacement from a personality stand point. If they can land Skeets and Melas that would also be good. Samson and Blake provide great analysis but not nearly enough in the way of personality and entertainment.

I think Yahoo Sports Canada is dead. The guy who used to have a podcast that included regular segments with CJ Miles is now the producer at the Raptors Show. I think his name is Amit Mann.

Maybe Will and Alex will be doing a Spotify or Amazon affiliated podcast.

I appreciate Alex in small doses. I like the humour and the Asian-Canadian cultural perspective that he adds to the show...but once again...in small doses. The giggling I can do without. I would appreciate him more if actually watches games. I don't like how he brags that he doesn't watch games and comes on talking ball. Split Alex's co-host time with someone who does watch ball and can talk about the minutiae who isn't stiff as a board and that's the right balance.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Post#95 » by C Court » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:57 pm

Loyal_Canuck wrote:
I’m not Asian but loved hearing Will and Alex and listening to their relatable stories.

Old, white, third generation Canadian here who listened to Will and Alex as much for the life stories of Asian culture, ramen, bubble tea and Alex’s beat-up Honda as I did for the Raptors stuff. They could be laugh out loud funny.

Not sure what’s next for the Raptors Show. There’s no one out there with the personality to carry a daily show. Blake and others are real good on the hoops side, but they need a host to feed off of.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,785

Post#96 » by Badonkadonk » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:10 pm

I enjoy Will, and Alex as a producer who jumps in for small doses. I couldn't stomach them as co-hosts. I don't need them to be super serious or analytical, but Alex was too far on the other end, just terrible and/or sensationalist takes when he's on the mic. I do really enjoy his books tho.

I'll definitely support and tune into their new show to start.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,007

Post#97 » by NinjaBro » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:15 pm

The female host on the Rapcast Cathryn Naiker is great. Bubbly, funny, insightful without being boring. I only listen to the Rapcast when she's hosting. I skip all the shows Samson is on. I think she would be great on the Raptors Show with Blake Murphy. Don't know if she could host a 2hr daily show but it's worth a shot. Throw her in the deep end and see what happens.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,687

Post#98 » by johanliebert » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:55 pm

Again the ratings for his show spoke for itself. Raptor fans should demand better Will didn’t understand the game nor did he play or coach at any level. A guy who can’t recognize a set or its counters was lecturing raptor fans.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,841

Post#99 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:35 pm

johanliebert wrote:Again the ratings for his show spoke for itself. Raptor fans should demand better Will didn’t understand the game nor did he play or coach at any level. A guy who can’t recognize a set or its counters was lecturing raptor fans.

They were the 2nd most listened to basketball show in Canada.

This wasn't a ratings decision.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,119

Post#100 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:44 pm

djsunyc wrote:to make money as an independant podcast is ridiculously difficult. you gonna have to hustle your ass off non stop to get listens, ads, sponsorship and partnerships. if he is gonna stay niche raptors, its gonna basically be impossible to make $100g's a year.

Maybe he can take Campbell's Chunky soup with him.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors