ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,920

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4 

Post#941 » by WuTang_OG » Thu May 16, 2024 8:27 pm

givony
Pay close attention to Tidjane Salaun

While all NBA eyes were on the combine in Chicago, an notable development was happening in Paris, France, where Tidjane Salaun had a career-best performance in the most important game he has played to this point in the season. With 19 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal later, the gym was buzzing about Salaun's highlight-laden performance, which included deep 3s, monster dunks, important offensive rebounds, clutch late plays and incredible energy and activity level to help his Cholet team win Game 1 of the French league playoffs against No. 2 seed Paris. One of the best teams in European basketball, Paris is fresh off winning a EuroCup championship and was in the midst of a 25-game winning streak.

Digging into the film, Paris' strategy of not guarding Salaun at all on the perimeter backfired, as the 6-11 teenager stepped into NBA range 3-pointers confidently, broke free off cuts for above-the-rim finishes, and used his tremendous physical tools to crash the paint and secured multiple extra possessions for his team.

After talking with numerous NBA teams about Salaun this week, it seems he's much closer to being a top-10 pick than the late lottery candidate he is currently ranked in the ESPN Top 100 at No. 10. Several teams are flagging the San Antonio Spurs at No. 8 as a real landing potential spot for Salaun. The French connections with Victor Wembanyama are obvious, as the two share an agent and know each other dating back to 2017 when their sisters played together at the FIBA U-16 European Championship.

Salaun clearly didn't hurt his draft stock, and a big contingent of NBA executives is now en route to France to take in the rest of the LNB quarterfinals, where both him and potential No. 1 pick Zaccharie Risacher are competing against Parisian-based teams, making for one-stop scouting shopping for lottery teams. -- Givony

I mentioned SA at 8 for him. Looks like thats the buzz rn
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,723

Post#942 » by Psubs » Thu May 16, 2024 8:39 pm

will wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:JT Toppin has a bit of Amir Johnson in his game

I think I'm leaning towards Pacome Dadiet at 19, and Ajay Mitchell at 31

Quickley/Mitchell/Freeman-Liberty
Barrett/Dick/Agbaji
Dadiet/Brown/Temple
Barnes/Boucher/Nwora
Poeltl/Olynyk/Williams

Does JT Toppin have a summertime 3 ball?

All seasons! :thumbsup:
Psubs
RealGM

Post#943 » by Psubs » Thu May 16, 2024 8:40 pm

Morse Code wrote:I'm leaning Carrington or Ware at 19. I think Ware has very unique tools and could blossom into a star

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM Forums mobile app

He could blossom into Myles Turner.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#944 » by Psubs » Thu May 16, 2024 8:43 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:givony

While all NBA eyes were on the combine in Chicago, an notable development was happening in Paris, France, where Tidjane Salaun had a career-best performance in the most important game he has played to this point in the season. With 19 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal later, the gym was buzzing about Salaun's highlight-laden performance, which included deep 3s, monster dunks, important offensive rebounds, clutch late plays and incredible energy and activity level to help his Cholet team win Game 1 of the French league playoffs against No. 2 seed Paris. One of the best teams in European basketball, Paris is fresh off winning a EuroCup championship and was in the midst of a 25-game winning streak.

Digging into the film, Paris' strategy of not guarding Salaun at all on the perimeter backfired, as the 6-11 teenager stepped into NBA range 3-pointers confidently, broke free off cuts for above-the-rim finishes, and used his tremendous physical tools to crash the paint and secured multiple extra possessions for his team.

After talking with numerous NBA teams about Salaun this week, it seems he's much closer to being a top-10 pick than the late lottery candidate he is currently ranked in the ESPN Top 100 at No. 10. Several teams are flagging the San Antonio Spurs at No. 8 as a real landing potential spot for Salaun. The French connections with Victor Wembanyama are obvious, as the two share an agent and know each other dating back to 2017 when their sisters played together at the FIBA U-16 European Championship.

Salaun clearly didn't hurt his draft stock, and a big contingent of NBA executives is now en route to France to take in the rest of the LNB quarterfinals, where both him and potential No. 1 pick Zaccharie Risacher are competing against Parisian-based teams, making for one-stop scouting shopping for lottery teams. -- Givony

Please not SA. So if the chance he turns into French Giannis with a 3, we trade it for Poeltl. Ugh.

I'm taking Salaun at #19 or Carrington. Give me an 18 year old.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,705

Post#945 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:44 pm

Spurs taking the guy Masai was interested in with his own pick how poetic
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,882

Post#946 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 16, 2024 8:58 pm

Some Banchero in Salaun

San Antonio finna draft Topic at 4 and Salaun at 8

Topic
Vassell
Johnson
Saluan
Wembanyama

='Ship
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#947 » by TimeForChange » Thu May 16, 2024 9:36 pm

DG88 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Bruin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Thank god the pick conveyed

Yup better it conveyed this year than next year.

we need to start banning people who continue whining about losing the pick :lol:
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,692

Post#948 » by Bruin » Thu May 16, 2024 9:56 pm

will wrote:
Bruin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

Any UCLA Bruins worth highlighting, Bruin?

Adem Bona is the only Bruin in the draft this year. I think he’ll be able to carve out a career as a role player on a good team, but he wouldn’t really be a fit for a rebuilding team like the Raptors. I could see him ending up in Miami or Denver

He’s a freakish athlete and very mobile for his size and position but otherwise doesn’t really offer much in terms of skillset. He’s also extremely foul prone which he really needs to address if he’s gonna stick in the league
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,717

Post#949 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 10:03 pm

If Salaun pans out beside Wemby, i weep for the rest of the league. That size/length/athleticism would just be unfair.

Dude might be another Ousmane Dieng tho, so who knows.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,180

Post#950 » by PoundTown » Thu May 16, 2024 10:29 pm

mademan wrote:If Salaun pans out beside Wemby, i weep for the rest of the league. That size/length/athleticism would just be unfair.

Boom or bust, big time potential guy. Lots of guys that have big potential that don't pan out. One thing he has going for him, is it seems like he is a decent bet to be able to shoot the ball. Other guys with freakish profiles that didn't pan out. Perry Jones, Anthony Randolph, Darius Miles, the list goes on. You look at what a guy could be, and for another example, when I look at Paulo Banchero, I think that's what Michael Beasley should have been. There are a few sure thing prospects now and then but this draft doesn't have one. Blake Griffin, for example you just knew was going to be good.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,180

Post#951 » by PoundTown » Thu May 16, 2024 10:37 pm

XTC wrote:Big advocate for Devin Carter if he's available at #19, but with how he measured, and how he killed the combine(42" vert, fastest 3/4 sprint time in combine history), it honestly looks like he's going top 10. Kid is a Marcus Smart clone.

Might be one of those guys that thrives with more spacing and teams not game planning for him so much, but also, Marcus Smart came with much more of a point guards game and Devin looks like a superior shooter to Marcus. The defence and in your face approach are similar though.
Loso04
Pro Prospect
And1: 246

Post#952 » by Loso04 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:54 pm

Thoughts on Dillion Jones at 31
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,933

Post#953 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu May 16, 2024 10:59 pm

mademan wrote:If Salaun pans out beside Wemby, i weep for the rest of the league. That size/length/athleticism would just be unfair.

Dieng turns 21 Monday.

Gleague finals MVP at 20.

I don’t think his story is near finished.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,553

Post#954 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:42 pm

PoundTown wrote:
XTC wrote:Big advocate for Devin Carter if he's available at #19, but with how he measured, and how he killed the combine(42" vert, fastest 3/4 sprint time in combine history), it honestly looks like he's going top 10. Kid is a Marcus Smart clone.

Might be one of those guys that thrives with more spacing and teams not game planning for him so much, but also, Marcus Smart came with much more of a point guards game and Devin looks like a superior shooter to Marcus. The defence and in your face approach are similar though.

I like Derrick White as a comp, personally. But Smart is a good one as well.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,610

Post#955 » by HangTime » Thu May 16, 2024 11:55 pm

If we end up with 3 picks, I hope we can get

Missi, Ware, and Chomche.

Give them all of them a ton of G-leauge together, and but also find Ware some early rotation mintues.

As the years goes on, give them rotation mintues to see their progress
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,553

Post#956 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:31 am

HangTime wrote:If we end up with 3 picks, I hope we can get

Missi, Ware, and Chomche.

Give them all of them a ton of G-leauge together, and but also find Ware some early rotation mintues.

As the years goes on, give them rotation mintues to see their progress

no need to waste 3 picks on just bigs when there are other holes on the roster to address.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 625

Post#957 » by grant101 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:38 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:

Spurs taking the guy Masai was interested in with his own pick how poetic

If that's the case they'd be saving Masai from himself.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,918

Post#958 » by agkagk » Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 am

Something im very excited about:

The 24 hr overnight between day one and two of the draft.

The whole league will converge and for 24 hours all eyes will be on masai and the following:

The 31st pick
Bruce browns expiring plug n play contract
Bouchers expiring plug n play contract
A decent haul of future picks.

Masai and bobby are doing some serious work here folks!
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,240

Post#959 » by Mark_83 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:52 am

Interesting numbers if you put much stock in athletic testing.

Devin Carter:
3rd in lane agility (10.63 sec)
1st in 3/4 sprint (2.87 sec)
Tied 1st in standing vertical (35 inches)
Tied 1st in max vertical (42 inches)
+6.5 ft wingspan
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 596

Post#960 » by SpezNc » Fri May 17, 2024 12:54 am

TimeForChange wrote:
DG88 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:Thank god the pick conveyed

Yup better it conveyed this year than next year.

we need to start banning people who continue whining about losing the pick :lol:

Yup! While I was 1000% team keep the pick there were pros and cons to all scenarios .

Let’s focus on the plus of Team Convey . We can’t change the past .

Also while I think pick #8 and a couple of second rounders is a big price for Poeltl, the reality is that it’s pick #8 in a bad draft where some poeple think that the draft start at #7 or #8 compare to a normal draft.

Also regardless of everything, it was fun rooting for tanking . The end of season was more interesting for it as I followed Memphis closely.

But now Team Convey all the way !

I am already pumped for draft 2025!

Return to Toronto Raptors