ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: What are you listening to?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,699

Re: OT: What are you listening to? 

Post#161 » by Psubs » Sat May 4, 2024 4:38 pm

Hopefully not Patrick Beverley's podcast!

Well, I'm happy I get a song with my name, even though it's about Peter Pan and Wendy.

bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,537

Post#162 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 12, 2024 5:29 am

Pub drunk, pub songs.

revised for accoustics
/youtube]

hoods come in dozens

I planned to play a couple other goodies but ****, they gone. GN/.

bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,537

Post#163 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 12, 2024 7:04 am

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,222

Post#164 » by Reeko » Sun May 12, 2024 11:49 am

Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,549

Post#165 » by Tha Cynic » Sun May 12, 2024 2:39 pm

This thread is perfect for a RealGM Spotify playlist.

When we win a championship again this will be part of the memorabilia
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#166 » by RaptorReloaded » Sun May 12, 2024 2:42 pm

Reeko wrote:

Had a bunch of people recommend Don’t scare the Hoes to me so I recently checked it out. I wanted to like it but found every song switched up like 3 or 4 times. It felt like I was listening and swiping through instagram reals. This however does sound good. I’m trying to find new hiphop but I tend to fall back on 90’s stuff. Just got Jazzmatazz by Guru and E.1999 Eternal by Bone Thugz on Vinyl. Hot damn those records are fire. Especially the cover art for E.1999. Had no clue about the message you could only read backwards in a mirror that pointed out the directions on the map in the jacket sleeve. **** radical
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#167 » by YogurtProducer » Sun May 12, 2024 2:57 pm

RaptorReloaded wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Had a bunch of people recommend Don’t scare the Hoes to me so I recently checked it out. I wanted to like it but found every song switched up like 3 or 4 times. It felt like I was listening and swiping through instagram reals. This however does sound good. I’m trying to find new hiphop but I tend to fall back on 90’s stuff. Just got Jazzmatazz by Guru and E.1999 Eternal by Bone Thugz on Vinyl. Hot damn those records are fire. Especially the cover art for E.1999. Had no clue about the message you could only read backwards in a mirror that pointed out the directions on the map in the jacket sleeve. **** radical

JPEG has a accessibility issue for sure. Scaring the Hoes is even more so when you add in Dannys weird ass voice it just gets even more difficult.

HAZARD DUTY PAY is one of his most accessible IMO - but if you like it there is a decent chance you would like the entirety of LP!. If you wanna check out some other "highlights" from LP I would start with "Rebound" "What Kinda Rappin' Is This?" and "Tired, Nervous, & Broke!"
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#168 » by YogurtProducer » Sun May 12, 2024 3:00 pm

Been kind of a weird year so far for me. There has been a lot I "like" but nothing I "love"

One of the coolest songs I have heard this year. Super minimalistic but the storytelling is great.

Never been a huge Roc guy - but this hits hard
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,090

Post#169 » by Westside Gunn » Sun May 12, 2024 3:01 pm

i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
anj
Bench Warmer
And1: 911

Post#170 » by anj » Sun May 12, 2024 3:06 pm

Reeko wrote:

Jesus, I'm old enough to remember the track underneath: Anita Baker and The Winans "Ain't No Need to Worry"
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,222

Post#171 » by Reeko » Mon May 13, 2024 3:23 am

anj wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Jesus, I'm old enough to remember the track underneath: Anita Baker and The Winans "Ain't No Need to Worry"

Why I love hip hop, the soulful samples open up so many doors to other great music that I might otherwise not have been exposed to.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,709

Post#172 » by Clay Davis » Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm

Reeko wrote:
anj wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Why I love hip hop, the soulful samples open up so many doors to other great music that I might otherwise not have been exposed to.

Old school hip hop has the rizz that it inherited from the old Rizzfathers -- the 60's RnB fellas and the old school jazzatars. The artists themselves were fresh as well.

I've been listening to some old school reggae lately. This guy, Joe Higgs, used to teach music to Bob Marley and The Wailers. He had craaaaaaaazy soul!!

It's strange how a genre can go from being about poverty and religious devotion to eventually be identified with smoking cannabis to the popular audience :sigh: .

Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,960
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#173 » by will » Mon May 13, 2024 11:26 pm

The Prestige Records jazz catalogue is fire.

The completely opposite to Blue Note without it's polished sound and production.
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 440

Post#174 » by dublo7 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:27 am

dance challenge...
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59

Return to Toronto Raptors