ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2023-24 V2.0 

Post#1361 » by AaronB » Sat May 4, 2024 4:32 pm

TNRaps4life wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:Mobley is NOT that guy. It’s not just about tools, you gotta have some dog in you and I don’t think he got jr.

I was never really that impressed with Mobley. Scottie has separated himself as the best player from his class. I’m actually a bit surprised at how little Mobley has improved in three years. I thought he had more upside than this when he was drafted.

Scottie and Segun. Now Cavaliers have a decision to make whether to max him this off-season

Magic are going to have to open their checkbooks also.

Wagner and Suggs both have better EPMs than Barnes or Sengun and will have plenty of ammunition to ask for as much, if not more, than either Barnes or Sengun.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,778

Post#1362 » by dTox » Sat May 4, 2024 6:31 pm

Art

Read on Twitter
?t=ld1TYz6zQJBnaGNwZWttLg&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,823

Post#1363 » by ash_k » Sat May 4, 2024 6:37 pm

I just hope Kawhi has enjoyed life in LA and San Diego...I am sure, he has realized now that he should have signed that 2-year deal with that under-table agreement to potentially trade him to a team of his choice(LA) in the middle of it:
He(we) probably would have another ring and Finals MVP right now.

More playoffs you watch, the more appreciative one should be of our championship. As great as Giannis has been, he has as many rings as us. Lillard STILL has none. Nurse, Embiid and the Sixers started the season on fire, injuries hit then first round exit!

Orlando has absolutely nothing on us! nothing! RJ showed up without knowing the system&Darko and started doing 20/6/4/55/40 right away! He is working on his perimeter as we speak.

If we get a bit lucky in about 8 days and come out with 2 TOP20-picks then it would put us in situation to accelerate our 'winning'(via trades, etc) again 7W-7L with RJ, IQ, Scottie and Yak without a training camp and with a coach learning on the job.

I fully trust Masai is giving all the help to Darko. He is not blind, he knows Darko was poor and fully benefited from the injury-Driven-TankJob.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,218

Post#1364 » by Mister Ze » Sat May 4, 2024 9:15 pm

I’d be okay seeing the Raps in the lottery again next summer. There’s not much this team can do to make the playoffs next season. Barnes Quickley and RJ are just an average core , maybe below average.

They need more talent and the draft is the only way.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,803

Post#1365 » by Pointgod » Sat May 4, 2024 9:21 pm

dTox wrote:Art

Read on Twitter

Kyrie has one of the most beautiful offensive games in NBA history.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,464

Post#1366 » by Mikistan » Sat May 4, 2024 11:48 pm

Pointgod wrote:

Read on Twitter

Look I love Kyrie and his dribbles are inspiring

But that is a travel
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,956

Post#1367 » by Los_29 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:33 am

AaronB wrote:
TNRaps4life wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
I was never really that impressed with Mobley. Scottie has separated himself as the best player from his class. I’m actually a bit surprised at how little Mobley has improved in three years. I thought he had more upside than this when he was drafted.

Scottie and Segun. Now Cavaliers have a decision to make whether to max him this off-season

Wagner and Suggs both have better EPMs than Barnes or Sengun and will have plenty of ammunition to ask for as much, if not more, than either Barnes or Sengun.

Not this again. You and your EPM. :lol: I’m not going to lie though, I love your homerism. You’re riding with your guys even though they are nowhere near Scottie’s level.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#1368 » by AaronB » Sun May 5, 2024 2:04 am

Los_29 wrote:
AaronB wrote:
TNRaps4life wrote:

Not this again. You and your EPM. :lol: I’m not going to lie though, I love your homerism. You’re riding with your guys even though they are nowhere near Scottie’s level.

Actually, I very carefully made no mention of whether they are better or worse than Barnes.

That is in your head.

All I said is that they will have plenty of ammunition for a contract similar to Barnes.

I think IQ is going to be close to Barnes in terms of contract price.

Hard not to see either the Magic or the Spurs not driving up his price.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#1369 » by Los_29 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:15 am

AaronB wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
AaronB wrote:

Actually, I very carefully made no mention of whether they are better or worse than Barnes.

That is in your head.

All I said is that they will have plenty of ammunition for a contract similar to Barnes.

I think IQ is going to be close to Barnes in terms of contract price.

Hard not to see either the Magic or the Spurs not driving up his price.

You stated in the past that you’d rather have Suggs and Franz over Scottie. You then referenced EPM. The same as you did today. But I’m glad you’ve changed your tune on that.

I hate to break it to you but if a player used EPM as a reason why he should get paid more, he’d get laughed out of the room. That’s not ammunition. And honestly, I wouldn’t want Suggs getting that kind of money because it would significantly impact the Magic’s future. Banchero, Franz and Suggs making big money is not conducive to success.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#1370 » by AaronB » Sun May 5, 2024 2:53 am

Haven't changed any tunes.

Of course, players will provide metrics that evaluate their entire game if it is to their benefit.

Both Suggs and Wagner are elite defenders, and they will provide any data possible to demonstrate value.

This is negotiations 101.

They will both get paid big this year as will IQ.

And you are correct, it will affect the Magic flexibility long term just like it will affect the Raptors long term signing Barnes and IQ.

Those are the breaks for success.

Better that than they suck.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#1371 » by Los_29 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:10 am

AaronB wrote:Haven't changed any tunes.

Of course, players will provide metrics that evaluate their entire game if it is to their benefit.

Both Suggs and Wagner are elite defenders, and they will provide any data possible to demonstrate value.

And you are correct, it will affect the Magic flexibility long term just like it will affect the Raptors long term signing Barnes and IQ.

I know you don’t believe that. You’re just roaming around this forum trying to get some laughs. I have been critical of Scottie but he’s better than both Franz and Suggs. Especially Suggs.

We will see. I think IQ will get around 25 million a year. I don’t think the Magic are going to sign IQ given the contracts they’ll be handing out soon. They should also aim higher. Paul George on a 3 year deal would be big. Spurs are interesting though. I’ll be ecstatic with IQ at 25 million a year. Scottie is likely getting the max. If Suggs and Franz are near that your team is toast. Managing the cap is so important. If you have too many bad contracts then it will significantly hamper your team moving forward.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#1372 » by AaronB » Sun May 5, 2024 3:23 am

Los_29 wrote:

I know you don’t believe that. You’re just roaming around this forum trying to get some laughs. I have been critical of Scottie but he’s better than both Franz and Suggs. Especially Suggs.

We will see. I think IQ will get around 25 million a year. I don’t think the Magic are going to sign IQ given the contracts they’ll be handing out soon. They should also aim higher. Paul George on a 3 year deal would be big. Spurs are interesting though. I’ll be ecstatic with IQ at 25 million a year. Scottie is likely getting the max. If Suggs and Franz are near that your team is toast. Managing the cap is so important. If you have too many bad contracts then it will significantly hamper your team moving forward.

IQ may start at between $25M and $30M, but his AAS will be well north of $30M and possibly the Max depending on how much the Spurs want him. Suggs will be similar.

Wagner and Barnes will both be Max guys.

In 2 years when the new TV contract is signed, those will all be viewed as bargains.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#1373 » by Los_29 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:26 am

AaronB wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

IQ may start at between $25M and $30M, but his AAS will be well north of $30M and possibly the Max depending on how much the Spurs want him. Suggs will be similar.

Wagner and Barnes will both be Max guys.

In 2 years when the new TV contract is signed, those will all be viewed as bargains.

:lol: IQ getting the max would be wild.

Wagner will be a max guy, I agree, but if Suggs is a max guy your team is in trouble. Big trouble.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,823

Post#1374 » by ash_k » Sun May 5, 2024 1:52 pm

Someone needs to bring back that Game 1 of the regular season Wolves at Raptors...and all the comments about the 'end' of the Wolves.

Fast forward to today, they have a Championship-type-of-defense with Baby MJ-GOAT leading them.

It is always very interesting to see how it looks when a 2-guard dominates the game on both ends like Kawhi in 2019 and now Antman:
It really looks like the best thing you can ever see on any basketball court
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,265

Post#1375 » by sidsid » Sun May 5, 2024 6:02 pm

The Cavs are obviously in a trade scenario this season because of Mitchell but it could be a blow it up scenario if they had their picks and just kept Mobley. I think it's just Mobley and Garland to start next season unless they can convince LeBron to come and save them for 2 years and keep them together.
RealGM
And1: 66,553

Post#1376 » by 720 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:19 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
720 wrote:We need to tank again next year and make sure we get a blue chip prospect to partner with Scottie. Like how Orlando has Wagner and Banchero.

Orlando hasn't done sh**, y'all need to stop praising them as if they are a tanking success story. They have been bad for over 15 years, getting to game 7 in the first round once against Cleveland means nothing.

They were treadmill for years trying to force it with Vucevic and Gordon like how we did with Fred Vanvleet and Siakam. The moment Weltman decided he was gonna pull a tank and bottom out to get true talent his franchise turned it around within the past 3 years.
RealGM

Post#1377 » by 720 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:24 pm

sidsid wrote:The Cavs are obviously in a trade scenario this season because of Mitchell but it could be a blow it up scenario if they had their picks and just kept Mobley. I think it's just Mobley and Garland to start next season unless they can convince LeBron to come and save them for 2 years and keep them together.

Back when we had OG and Siakam still I was proposing trades where we could trade one or both of them to Cleveland for Mobley, Okoro and filler (it would have taken Lavert and a bunch of players on both sides but it would have worked). Some will look back at that and think thank god we didn’t do it because Mobley has looked awful. But I still believe he has potential to be a real defensive anchor and beyond that an allstar level player. The cavs just have not prioritized his development because they made the Donovan trade and became win now. In turn he has become lost in the sauce and looks like a shell of himself out there. Donovan also doesn’t make his teammates better. His style is very limiting for a franchise.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,635

Post#1378 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:54 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Read on Twitter

Look I love Kyrie and his dribbles are inspiring

But that is a travel

Just count the steps he takes when he has two hands on the ball - which would be only 2 or a legal move.

The 1st step is what confuses a lot of ppl, but his dribble was still alive on the first gather

In Raptor Ball I Trust
islandboy53
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#1379 » by islandboy53 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:02 pm

720 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
720 wrote:We need to tank again next year and make sure we get a blue chip prospect to partner with Scottie. Like how Orlando has Wagner and Banchero.

Orlando hasn't done sh**, y'all need to stop praising them as if they are a tanking success story. They have been bad for over 15 years, getting to game 7 in the first round once against Cleveland means nothing.

They were treadmill for years trying to force it with Vucevic and Gordon like how we did with Fred Vanvleet and Siakam. The moment Weltman decided he was gonna pull a tank and bottom out to get true talent his franchise turned it around within the past 3 years.

From 2012 to 2018 the Magic's best finish was 11th in the East. They managed a 7th and 8th in the next 2 years, losing in the 1st round both times, before trading away Vucevic and Gordon. They weren't treadmill, they were bad, plain and simple. Then they were bad for 3 more years. They have finally acquired enough talent to turn the corner, but they're hardly an example I'd want to follow.
RealGM

Post#1380 » by 720 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:06 pm

islandboy53 wrote:
720 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

From 2012 to 2018 the Magic's best finish was 11th in the East. They managed a 7th and 8th in the next 2 years, losing in the 1st round both times, before trading away Vucevic and Gordon. They weren't treadmill, they were bad, plain and simple. Then they were bad for 3 more years. They have finally acquired enough talent to turn the corner, but they're hardly an example I'd want to follow.

You can call it bad I don’t mind. I agree, hitching your wagon on flawed stars is bad.

Return to Toronto Raptors