ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Re: Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8 

Post#481 » by Scase » Fri May 3, 2024 8:16 pm

Zeno wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Scase wrote:Scottie comes in second for the NBA Hustle award.

Read on Twitter

To anybody who isn't an irrational hater, it's obvious that Scottie is one of the hardest working players in the league. When he makes one low-effort play in a game after giving maximum effort all game and being tired, the haters hit to RealGM/Reddit/Twitter to screech about how lazy he is.

I'm already dreading Matty D calling him 'Scotty Hustle' next year. But does anyone know who votes for this? Is it coaches? I heard a podcast saying it isn't media.

My guy, you quoted my post that I put a tweet in that specifically answers this lol. It's not voted on, it's based on statistical analysis by aggregating hustle stats on nba.com.
Props TZ!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,126

Post#482 » by Zeno » Fri May 3, 2024 8:22 pm

Scase wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
To anybody who isn't an irrational hater, it's obvious that Scottie is one of the hardest working players in the league. When he makes one low-effort play in a game after giving maximum effort all game and being tired, the haters hit to RealGM/Reddit/Twitter to screech about how lazy he is.

I'm already dreading Matty D calling him 'Scotty Hustle' next year. But does anyone know who votes for this? Is it coaches? I heard a podcast saying it isn't media.

My guy, you quoted my post that I put a tweet in that specifically answers this lol. It's not voted on, it's based on statistical analysis by aggregating hustle stats on nba.com.

Sorry my computer doesn't load tweets anymore since it became X. I didn't see it. If I want to see tweets, I either have to open them in a separate window or use this site on my phone. I tried googling how it was awarded but got nothing.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,270

Post#483 » by MiamiSPX » Fri May 3, 2024 8:32 pm

Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:
Zeno wrote:I'm already dreading Matty D calling him 'Scotty Hustle' next year. But does anyone know who votes for this? Is it coaches? I heard a podcast saying it isn't media.

Sorry my computer doesn't load tweets anymore since it became X. I didn't see it. If I want to see tweets, I either have to open them in a separate window or use this site on my phone. I tried googling how it was awarded but got nothing.

It's deflections, loose balls recovered, charges drawn, screen assists, contested shots and box-outs. I believe they are then measured on a per-minute basis.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,464

Post#484 » by Mikistan » Fri May 3, 2024 8:36 pm

Scase wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Scase wrote:It was more so people complaining that he was showing emotion on the court.

How dare he get upset fvv didn't pass to him wide open, fvv is the leader and cornerstone of any franchise Scottie all-star needs to learn his place and bet on his pg not on himself

Just as long as he wasn't betting on Porter!

1 out of 4 porters hits
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,464

Post#485 » by Mikistan » Fri May 3, 2024 8:43 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Is it time to re-visit Thad Young putting hands on Scottie for failing to warm up with the team?

If you were there, you would know that's not an accurate description of the events of that evening. :D
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,746

Post#486 » by Fairview4Life » Fri May 3, 2024 11:18 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:My guy, you quoted my post that I put a tweet in that specifically answers this lol. It's not voted on, it's based on statistical analysis by aggregating hustle stats on nba.com.

It's deflections, loose balls recovered, charges drawn, screen assists, contested shots and box-outs. I believe they are then measured on a per-minute basis.

He doesn't seem to be in the top 50 in any of nba.com's hustle categories in per minute numbers:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/hustle?PerMode=PerMinute&dir=D

He's ~20th in % of loose balls recovered (Def) if you filter for Min >= 500. He does show up on most of the lists when you filter for min >= 2000 (he's at 2094).
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Scase
RealGM

Post#487 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 12:25 am

Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:
Zeno wrote:I'm already dreading Matty D calling him 'Scotty Hustle' next year. But does anyone know who votes for this? Is it coaches? I heard a podcast saying it isn't media.

All good lol, Miami summed it up nicely!

Mikistan wrote:
Scase wrote:
Mikistan wrote:How dare he get upset fvv didn't pass to him wide open, fvv is the leader and cornerstone of any franchise Scottie all-star needs to learn his place and bet on his pg not on himself

Just as long as he wasn't betting on Porter!

1 out of 4 porters hits

If you go by DUI's its a 2/4 hit rate.
Props TZ!
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,995

Post#488 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat May 4, 2024 1:06 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
Zeno wrote:Sorry my computer doesn't load tweets anymore since it became X. I didn't see it. If I want to see tweets, I either have to open them in a separate window or use this site on my phone. I tried googling how it was awarded but got nothing.

He doesn't seem to be in the top 50 in any of nba.com's hustle categories in per minute numbers:

He's ~20th in % of loose balls recovered (Def) if you filter for Min >= 500. He does show up on most of the lists when you filter for min >= 2000 (he's at 2094).

I don't think that can be the filter because wasn't Grant Williams on the list? He played like 1200 minutes.
Scase
RealGM

Post#489 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 3:48 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:

I don't think that can be the filter because wasn't Grant Williams on the list? He played like 1200 minutes.

It's broken down (for Caruso) on nba.com.

Note: Rankings among the 147 eligible players that played a minimum of 58 games (70% of team total of 82) and at least 24 minutes per game. Hustle Stats are measured on a per-minute basis to even the comparison among players that play varying amounts of minutes per game.
Props TZ!
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,871

Post#490 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed May 8, 2024 10:39 am

Nice to see the main core in Toronto during the offseason. I'm sure/hope RJ is close by.

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

But why are they dancing? Why aren't they training? /s
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,263

Post#491 » by TorontoBarneys » Sat May 11, 2024 4:50 pm

Scottie repping us on lottery night. Let's go!

MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,270

Post#492 » by MiamiSPX » Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:Scottie repping us on lottery night. Let's go!

Would be funnier if Poeltl was the one there.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,263

Post#493 » by TorontoBarneys » Sat May 11, 2024 5:26 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:

We lose the pick, camera pans in on him and he starts awkwardly smiling.
Scase
RealGM

Post#494 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 4:59 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:

We lose the pick, camera pans in on him and he starts awkwardly smiling.

Props TZ!
DemHeavyHands
Sixth Man
And1: 2,734

Post#495 » by DemHeavyHands » Mon May 13, 2024 1:36 am

“I promise we will be better”

Do you believe??
Scase
RealGM

Post#496 » by Scase » Mon May 13, 2024 2:33 pm

I believe him, I don't believe the team. This roster is booty cheeks.
Props TZ!
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,265

Post#497 » by sidsid » Wed May 15, 2024 7:32 pm

I know the comparison is on the low end for Scottie because he's already surpassed him in most areas, but I like that Gordon sees it the way I do in terms of the intricacies of impact. Barnes finds spaces on the floor with or without the ball to be impactful the same way Lowry did. Role player stuff that only stars can do. One thing he could take from Gordon now is screen setting.

Read on Twitter
?t=5Jpm1ixMp5g0T5yhOcCHnQ&s=19
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,493

Post#498 » by Spida888 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:39 pm

sidsid wrote:I know the comparison is on the low end for Scottie because he's already surpassed him in most areas, but I like that Gordon sees it the way I do in terms of the intricacies of impact. Barnes finds spaces on the floor with or without the ball to be impactful the same way Lowry did. Role player stuff that only stars can do. One thing he could take from Gordon now is screen setting.

Read on Twitter
?t=5Jpm1ixMp5g0T5yhOcCHnQ&s=19

That's a roundabout way for Gordon to praise himself :).
Jokes aside, Gordon has been critical in Denver's success. Good for him to find success after Orlando.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,957
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#499 » by will » Wed May 15, 2024 7:51 pm

Scase wrote:I believe him, I don't believe the team. This roster is booty cheeks.

Cottage cheese booty cheeks.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,772

Post#500 » by OakleyDokely » Wed May 15, 2024 8:08 pm

Gordon's best PPG year in his career was almost equivalent to Barnes' rookie year total.

Gordon's been mostly a 14-16 PPG scorer even when he had higher usage in Orlando. Barnes almost sleepwalks to 20 points.

Return to Toronto Raptors