ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Raptors Sign Malik Williams to 10 Day Contract

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Re: Shams: Raptors Sign Malik Williams to 10 Day Contract 

Post#21 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:22 pm

Hopefully he's not a degenerate gambler.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#22 » by ontnut » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:23 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
MEDIC wrote:I think if the Raps can get him to play a role (passer/ rebounder/ defender/ opportunistic scorer), then he may have a chance. If he comes in here going full MJ mode, then it will be a wasted opportunity for him. Unfortunately they didn't have much luck reigning Precious in, so we will see what happens.

Just wanna say this made me laugh.

A passer, a rebounder, a defender, AND a scorer? Bruh that is the whole package :lol:

My guess is he meant one of the 4 roles lol.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,972

Post#23 » by Merit » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:36 pm

rapsfanz420 wrote:
nestea wrote:What's up with porter

He took the FVV “Bet on yourself”, way too literal. :lol:

TOOOO good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#24 » by Merit » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:38 pm

MEDIC wrote:I think if the Raps can get him to play a role (passer/ rebounder/ defender/ opportunistic scorer), then he may have a chance. If he comes in here going full MJ mode, then it will be a wasted opportunity for him. Unfortunately they didn't have much luck reigning Precious in, so we will see what happens.

I think precious is in the perfect environment for him in NYC. Just play defense and take the occasional bucket after all the big dogs eat. There's a pecking order in NYC and he's nowhere near the top like he thought he was here.
I believe in Masai.
KawhiSoSerious
Junior
And1: 506

Post#25 » by KawhiSoSerious » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:40 pm

KawhiSoSerious wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

A passer, a rebounder, a defender, AND a scorer? Bruh that is the whole package :lol:

How is his scarves game?
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,272

Post#26 » by TorontoBarneys » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:50 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:Hopefully he's not a degenerate gambler.

It's looking questionable so far
MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,339

Post#27 » by MainEvent » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:58 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:Hopefully he's not a degenerate gambler.

It's looking questionable so far

:lol: is that real
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,018

Post#28 » by MEDIC » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:14 pm

Merit wrote:

I think precious is in the perfect environment for him in NYC. Just play defense and take the occasional bucket after all the big dogs eat. There's a pecking order in NYC and he's nowhere near the top like he thought he was here.

He was nowhere near the top of the food chain here either, but the Raps never reigned him in. Just allowed him to go off script all the time & do things well out of his skill set.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#29 » by MEDIC » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:16 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
MEDIC wrote:I think if the Raps can get him to play a role (passer/ rebounder/ defender/ opportunistic scorer), then he may have a chance. If he comes in here going full MJ mode, then it will be a wasted opportunity for him. Raps didn't have much luck reigning Precious in, so we will see what happens.

I'm pretty sure we have the next KG on our hands. Haha

All I was suggesting was he should focus on being an energy guy (and see how well he does making reads from the high post). Only try to score the ball when he is wide open under the rim or wide open at 3.

Sometimes these guys show up & go full Precious mode. Over dribbling & taking ill advised shots. It sounds like he has been guilty of that in the G League.

Reign it in. Show that you can operate within the system & play a role.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,460

Post#30 » by TimeForChange » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:49 pm

imagine signing a 10-day and now you're the only C on the team for your first game :lol:
Merit
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Merit » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:56 pm

MEDIC wrote:
Merit wrote:

He was nowhere near the top of the food chain here either, but the Raps never reined him in. Just allowed him to go off script all the time & do things well out of his skill set.

We are saying the same things.
I believe in Masai.
Grandia
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,547

Post#32 » by Grandia » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:42 pm

Opportunity is everything! I wish him all the best!

I didn't watch the Timberwolves game last night, but I would still go with this guy and give him a chance unless if his stats says something stupid and very unlikely like he got 0 POINTS with 0-7 shooting yesterday then yes I would still give him another chance.
I hate pineapples.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,323

Post#33 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:49 pm

TimeForChange wrote:imagine signing a 10-day and now you're the only C on the team for your first game :lol:

And on a time you dont know the system and against an elite defensive C,.

Like Malik Williams probably sucks, but what a horrible situation to enter
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,949

Post#34 » by JN » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:22 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:imagine signing a 10-day and now you're the only C on the team for your first game :lol:

I'd say its a pretty good situation, but I suppose we are looking at it from a different lens.

Yes it will be very difficult the first game -- but getting minutes right away will give you more opportunity to acclimate yourself and potentially shine more in games 3.4 or 5 of the 10 day. Which are the ones you will be judged on -- you are going to get pass for game 1 I would think.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#35 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:46 pm

JN wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

I'd say its a pretty good situation, but I suppose we are looking at it from a different lens.

Yes it will be very difficult the first game -- but getting minutes right away will give you more opportunity to acclimate yourself and potentially shine more in games 3.4 or 5 of the 10 day. Which are the ones you will be judged on -- you are going to get pass for game 1 I would think.

You ever played basketball with a brand new group of guys in an actual cohesive basketball setting and not just pick up? If you don't know the sets or coverages it is damn hard to be good and usually you look like a fool for something outside your control.

It is far from a good situation. 10 Days in general are horrible for players because you dont get nearly enough time to learn anything.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 725

Post#36 » by TGM » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:26 am

rapsfanz420 wrote:
nestea wrote:What's up with porter

He took the FVV “Bet on yourself”, way too literal. :lol:

hahaha good one.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#37 » by MEDIC » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:04 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
JN wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:And on a time you dont know the system and against an elite defensive C,.

You ever played basketball with a brand new group of guys in an actual cohesive basketball setting and not just pick up? If you don't know the sets or coverages it is damn hard to be good and usually you look like a fool for something outside your control.

It is far from a good situation. 10 Days in general are horrible for players because you dont get nearly enough time to learn anything.

Yeah. He didn't look great. Just running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But that's to be expected. They weren't really running anything that he was invilved in.

Energy was good. That's all you can ask.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,949

Post#38 » by JN » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:58 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
JN wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:And on a time you dont know the system and against an elite defensive C,.

So he should have turned his 10 day down? Is that your argument.
If not then re=read my post.

Of course 10 days aren't ideal, and of course they are tough to start or in general. But the context is what is best within the confines of a 10 day contract.

If you do get one, its better to get acclimated early with minutes, and be a bit better prepared to do better at the end of the 10 day -- which is when you will get evaluated.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#39 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:23 pm

JN wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
JN wrote:

So he should have turned his 10 day down? Is that your argument.
If not then re=read my post.

Of course 10 days aren't ideal, and of course they are tough to start or in general. But the context is what is best within the confines of a 10 day contract.

If you do get one, its better to get acclimated early with minutes, and be a bit better prepared to do better at the end of the 10 day -- which is when you will get evaluated.

No I said that 10 days are horrible for players to actually look like competent basketball players.

No matter how you slice it, being thrown into the SL vs Gobert 5 hours after you sign you 10-day is a bad situation to be in to actually play well.
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,191

Post#40 » by mowcrowbar » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:56 am

We turning it around now, boys.

Return to Toronto Raptors