ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#1381 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:06 am

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Has everyone come around to Holland being the best pick at 6 (assuming no Sarr)?

Yeah, I think he's the best upside swing at that point in the draft.

He's at the top of my wishlist of players besides Sarr.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,782

Post#1382 » by Jcity08 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 am

I wonder where Filipowski will be drafted, his game intrigues me.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,350

Post#1383 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 am

Who we drafting fellars?
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
SpezNc
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#1384 » by SpezNc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 am

Less than two weeks before Draft Lottery

We will get more clarity then.

There is a silver lining in both outcome. Even if pick #7 is transferred to SA, I will be disappointed (sure) but not devastated. It will be cool to have a 1st in 2025 (cannot trade it if pick 2024 convey).

And if we are lucky, it’s game on. Would be so cool to have a pick in three different tier of the draft. (Top6, #19, #31).

Draft lottery cannot come soon enough.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#1385 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:50 am

Jcity08 wrote:I wonder where Filipowski will be drafted, his game intrigues me.

I can see Chicago at #11. Even if he's a rich man's Zach Collins that's healthy with forward handles and maybe 3pt shooting like a Vucevic or Brook Lopez, that's a good get outside the top 10.

PG White - Ayo - Lonzo?
SG Lavine - Caruso
SF Caruso -
PF PWill - Filipowski
C Vucevic - Filipowski
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,892

Post#1386 » by Thaddy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 am

1 Sarr
2 Holland
3 Castle
4 Buzelis
5 Clingan
6 Dillingham
7 Risacher
8 Williams
9 Reed
10 Topic
11 Filipowski
12 Smith
13 Walter
14 Knecht

I have Filipowski overtaking Topic once the official measurements come out. I also think George will be taken before Knecht with his size, youth, and shooting workouts. If Walter can't display explosive finishing ability in his workouts or a lack of motor then I would put him after George too.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,279

Post#1387 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 pm

MainEvent wrote:Who do we like out of the bigs who have floor spacing potential @19? Ware, Smith, Filipowski or da Silva? (is he more 3 than 4?)
+ theres also Holmes and Chomche

Out of this group, Ware has the highest ceiling IMO - can be another Myles Turner type. I don't know much about his attitude or motor, but he looks pretty good in the youtube clips out there. Holmes probably has the highest floor - reminds me of Amir Johnson (can be good at a lot of things and be a solid rotation piece). I think Tyler Smith is more of a PF, which is fine (can fit in with Barnes since he can shoot). Filipowski seems pretty mid... Chomche is interesting but can be a Bruno type of prospect (need to wait a while for him to develop).
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,659

Post#1388 » by DG88 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm

Wasserman ran tankathon and we lost our pick in the mock as we fell to 7th with the Spurs taking Rob Dillingham

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10118310-2024-nba-mock-draft-lottery-simulation-and-full-2-round-predictions

19. Toronto Raptors (via Pacers): Tyler Smith

Previous Mock Draft Spot: No. 20

Team: Ignite

Position: PF

Size: 6'11", 224 lbs

Nationality: American

Pro comparison: Channing Frye

There will be a long list of teams trying to get Tyler Smith in for workouts. His production and shooting this year felt unexpected, but it earned scouts' attention, given the obvious appeal to a 6'11" forward who made 58 threes in 43 games.

There are some questions about his defensive upside and whether he'll be a threat to put the ball on the floor. In the mid-to-late first round, though, there should be enough teams interested in just adding a surefire, frontcourt shotmaker and finisher.

31. Toronto Raptors (via Pistons): Jaylon Tyson

Previous Mock Draft Spot: No. 31

Team: California

Position: SF/PF

Size: 6'7", 215 lbs

Age/Year: 21, Junior

Pro comparison: Caleb Martin

Jaylon Tyson figures to get looks from teams starting in the mid-to-late first round after a breakout season averaging 19.6 points and 3.5 assists.

A 30.1 percent usage on a 13-19 California team does cast a cloud over his statistical production. But the eye test clearly shows a scorer with NBA traits and skills, including 6'7" size, ball-handling for creation/playmaking and tough shotmaking.

Tyson should be able to help himself by standing out during NBA combine scrimmages.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,279

Post#1389 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
PoundTown wrote:
MEDIC wrote:Castle reminds me of Norman Powell with better court vision and passing ability.

The way he moves out there and his size also reminds me of norm. Norm couldn’t shoot at Stephons age either. Norm was a bit longer and a bit more explosive though, but stephon better defender feel wise and better overall feel, as you mentioned the court vision/ passing. I still think stephons workouts will determine a lot, specifically how much you believe he can improve as a shooter. If he can become the shooter norm is, he’d be a pretty impactful player but that’s a big if.

I think Castle, if we keep our pick, is a homerun. He seems a better reader of what is going on in a game where Norm was often head down leading a charge. Later Norm was completely different than early Norm. Better and more consistent shooter. More efficient too. Hard to recall Norm as the 4th developed piece by Masai. We think of Paskal, Fred, OG and forget Norm. Norm was the first to go of this last talent pool. Poetl should be in this group but he left for Kawhi so him coming back is the last of that group. Masai got very lucky with these players but he was never prepared to pay some or all them max and near max deals. I bet he wanted to pay OG but OG was his only bonafide trade chip.

I think Castle is going to take a hit once measurements come out - I do not believe he is 6'6; closer to 6'4 is my guess.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,306

Post#1390 » by Dalek » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 pm

DG88 wrote:Wasserman ran tankathon and we lost our pick in the mock as we fell to 7th with the Spurs taking Rob Dillingham

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10118310-2024-nba-mock-draft-lottery-simulation-and-full-2-round-predictions

There will be a long list of teams trying to get Tyler Smith in for workouts. His production and shooting this year felt unexpected, but it earned scouts' attention, given the obvious appeal to a 6'11" forward who made 58 threes in 43 games.

There are some questions about his defensive upside and whether he'll be a threat to put the ball on the floor. In the mid-to-late first round, though, there should be enough teams interested in just adding a surefire, frontcourt shotmaker and finisher.

Jaylon Tyson figures to get looks from teams starting in the mid-to-late first round after a breakout season averaging 19.6 points and 3.5 assists.

A 30.1 percent usage on a 13-19 California team does cast a cloud over his statistical production. But the eye test clearly shows a scorer with NBA traits and skills, including 6'7" size, ball-handling for creation/playmaking and tough shotmaking.

Tyson should be able to help himself by standing out during NBA combine scrimmages.

I like this draft outcome although I don't know a lot about Smith. If you can Tyson at 31 that is a steal. He offers three level scoring and I think he can defend better in a less usage heavy role. Probably a 19 pick for me, given his size as a jumbo creator.

Tyson and Mogbo are my solid North American picks, while for better upside I like Melvin Ajinca and Armel Traore who are younger and offer a high floor to help right away.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,158

Post#1391 » by PoundTown » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
PoundTown wrote:
The way he moves out there and his size also reminds me of norm. Norm couldn’t shoot at Stephons age either. Norm was a bit longer and a bit more explosive though, but stephon better defender feel wise and better overall feel, as you mentioned the court vision/ passing. I still think stephons workouts will determine a lot, specifically how much you believe he can improve as a shooter. If he can become the shooter norm is, he’d be a pretty impactful player but that’s a big if.

I think Castle, if we keep our pick, is a homerun. He seems a better reader of what is going on in a game where Norm was often head down leading a charge. Later Norm was completely different than early Norm. Better and more consistent shooter. More efficient too. Hard to recall Norm as the 4th developed piece by Masai. We think of Paskal, Fred, OG and forget Norm. Norm was the first to go of this last talent pool. Poetl should be in this group but he left for Kawhi so him coming back is the last of that group. Masai got very lucky with these players but he was never prepared to pay some or all them max and near max deals. I bet he wanted to pay OG but OG was his only bonafide trade chip.

I think Castle is going to take a hit once measurements come out - I do not believe he is 6'6; closer to 6'4 is my guess.

Agreed, that dude isn’t 6’6”. If he can show improvement in shooting m, it might not matter though. He’s 6’4” barefoot tops though in my opinion.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#1392 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
PoundTown wrote:

6'4 without shoes is great size for a combo-guard. He looks taller than the other UConn guards.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,186

Post#1393 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:23 pm

DG88 wrote:Wasserman ran tankathon and we lost our pick in the mock as we fell to 7th with the Spurs taking Rob Dillingham

i like Smith, good bench big to have to start his career. a Boucher replacement big.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,691

Post#1394 » by hyper316 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:25 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

i like Smith, good bench big to have to start his career. a Boucher replacement big.

We got boucher clone in Gueye already
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,186

Post#1395 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:59 pm

hyper316 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

We got boucher clone in Gueye already

Gueye doesn't shoot 3s nor is he "lengthy" nor very good lets be honest
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,255

Post#1396 » by Chandan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 pm

i simed tankathon 6 times and i couldn't get the pick to convey :lol:

1st once
4th once
3rd twice
6th twice
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,214

Post#1397 » by Mark_83 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:14 pm

2 hours of Mark Sears highlights. :D

I love his calmness and composure. He's got a great internal clock and never allows the defense to speed him up. Very reminiscent of Fred. He's in consideration for me at 31 if we haven't already drafted a PG with our other picks.

;t=113s
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,659

Post#1398 » by DG88 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

Chandan wrote:i simed tankathon 6 times and i couldn't get the pick to convey :lol:

1st once
4th once
3rd twice
6th twice

I conveyed the pick on the first try :lol:
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,444

Post#1399 » by tdotrep2 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:27 pm

so is dink pate eligible or not?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,660

Post#1400 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 pm

Mark_83 wrote:2 hours of Mark Sears highlights. :D

I love his calmness and composure. He's got a great internal clock and never allows the defense to speed him up. Very reminiscent of Fred. He's in consideration for me at 31 if we haven't already drafted a PG with our other picks.

;t=113s

I think Sears is going to be alright. Such a similar style to Brunson its crazy.

Return to Toronto Raptors