ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,261

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#1061 » by sidsid » Wed May 1, 2024 2:10 am

I'll repeat. The only guy that gives the Sixers a semblance of what they need out there to compete with OG in the crucial impact areas. And he's like 40 years old. Impact wings are just gold in this league.

Read on Twitter
?t=ZV60EBniR_1nEHPLYHMdfA&s=19
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,242

Post#1062 » by MiamiSPX » Wed May 1, 2024 2:10 am

SFour wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
SFour wrote:
best series imo....only Nuggets vs Lakers comes close

And yet the more I watch this amazing series, the more I am convinced the Celtics have a cakewalk to the Finals.

sure...I'm not saying either of these teams are going to win the championship....it's just entertaining basketball. I got Nuggets winning it again.

Same re: Nuggets.

And yes, this has been the best series so far. The fanbases hate each other lol.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,836

Post#1063 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed May 1, 2024 2:12 am

Lol I think anyone with eyes could see Maxey was gonna be really damn good. If you just looked at stats a couple of years ago you’d say he’s just another Jordan Clarkson / Jordan Poole. But just watch him drop 40 on the raptors team in the playoffs it was clear as day he was different I don’t understand how anyone denied that.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#1064 » by sidsid » Wed May 1, 2024 2:16 am

MiamiSPX wrote:
MainEvent wrote:Wow I forgot Harris was even playing lol haven't noticed him in like an hour

Grand larceny

He hit a really tough middy over OG draped all over him late game and then the only other thing he was visible for was losing a rebound he was in position for to Deuce or some other small somewhere in that span. A Nurse adjustment that was needed ages ago is more Batum and less Tobias.

There aren't really supposed to be tweeners in this era, but he's somehow bringing the position back.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,170

Post#1065 » by HumbleRen » Wed May 1, 2024 2:16 am

MiamiSPX wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Brinbe wrote:legendary performance by maxey in the playoffs at msg. this is def gonna go 7

Just to think a year ago, certain fellas were saying he was a glorified 6th man and would never be better than Siakam or FVV.

46/5/9 in an elimination game at MSG.

Raps fans just get too caught up on versatility and length.

They dislike offensive minded players.

It was so obvious that Maxey was going to be better than anyone on our roster 2 years ago, let alone a year ago. Happy for him, if the Sixers are smart, they make him the leader of the franchise, not Embiid.
MoneyBall
Analyst
And1: 3,220

Post#1066 » by MoneyBall » Wed May 1, 2024 2:22 am

Up 6 with 28 seconds left and the Knicks still figure out a way to lose the game. I hate Philly, but to see the Knicks lose the series after being that close to win would be entertaining.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,984

Post#1067 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 1, 2024 2:23 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Lol I think anyone with eyes could see Maxey was gonna be really damn good. If you just looked at stats a couple of years ago you’d say he’s just another Jordan Clarkson / Jordan Poole. But just watch him drop 40 on the raptors team in the playoffs it was clear as day he was different I don’t understand how anyone denied that.

The crazy thing is he won MIP this year, as if he came outta nowhere. But we knew how great he was 2 years ago when he was dropping 40 on Fred. Well a lot of us knew, a few thought he was a dime a dozen guard.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,836

Post#1068 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed May 1, 2024 2:25 am

MoneyBall wrote:Up 6 with 28 seconds left and the Knicks still figure out a way to lose the game. I hate Philly, but to see the Knicks lose the series after being that close to win would be entertaining.

Bro I’m legit scared the Knicks are gonna lose this. Freakin Maxey cooks all my teams im starting to hate this mfer too
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,919

Post#1069 » by Agimat » Wed May 1, 2024 2:28 am

SFour wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
SFour wrote:
best series imo....only Nuggets vs Lakers comes close

And yet the more I watch this amazing series, the more I am convinced the Celtics have a cakewalk to the Finals.

sure...I'm not saying either of these teams are going to win the championship....it's just entertaining basketball. I got Nuggets winning it again.

Wolves and Nuggets going to be epic battle between those two teams!
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#1070 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 1, 2024 2:28 am

MoneyBall wrote:Up 6 with 28 seconds left and the Knicks still figure out a way to lose the game. I hate Philly, but to see the Knicks lose the series after being that close to win would be entertaining.

Thibs should not have had Robinson in there to make such a dumb foul. Precious played great D Sunday, he should have been in there late for switchability . He'd have made it tougher on Maxey on switches and wouldn't have given up a 4 point play
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,242

Post#1071 » by MiamiSPX » Wed May 1, 2024 2:34 am

Brunson is averaging 30 FG attempts per game in this series lol. That's not a contender.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,654

Post#1072 » by Mr Funk » Wed May 1, 2024 2:36 am

Mitchell doesn't have it in crunch time. But fortunately for Cleveland, Mobley does.
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#1073 » by sidsid » Wed May 1, 2024 2:37 am

WaltFrazier wrote:

Thibs should not have had Robinson in there to make such a dumb foul. Precious played great D Sunday, he should have been in there late for switchability . He'd have made it tougher on Maxey on switches and wouldn't have given up a 4 point play

I get why Thibs was riding him. He made some really good plays and turned over Embiid twice late. It was a legit way to limit the amount of help they'd need to give.

Both Embiid and Maxey have done more choking than clutching in this series so the edge should still be slightly on the Knicks side.
MoneyBall
Analyst

Post#1074 » by MoneyBall » Wed May 1, 2024 2:43 am

WaltFrazier wrote:

Maybe you're right, but everyone and their mother knows you cannot allow a 4 point play in that situation. It's literally the worst possible outcome.
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,559

Post#1075 » by TheAlchemist23 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:44 am

Pascal is embarrassing himself
MoneyBall
Analyst

Post#1076 » by MoneyBall » Wed May 1, 2024 2:44 am

Mr Funk wrote:Mitchell doesn't have it in crunch time. But fortunately for Cleveland, Mobley does.

He did make both FT at the end for the dagger. That was pretty clutch.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#1077 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 1, 2024 2:55 am

MoneyBall wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Maybe you're right, but everyone and their mother knows you cannot allow a 4 point play in that situation. It's literally the worst possible outcome.

No doubt. Knicks board says Robinson is prone to dumb mistakes. He did play well against Embiid before the end though.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,620

Post#1078 » by mdenny » Wed May 1, 2024 2:58 am

This is .how crazy and. Insane it is for a player. Like Brunson to take the heat while a guy like OG just floats through life with no burden of expectations or responsibility. And OG fixing to be a bigger cap hit than Brunson next season too lol.

That's the casual fan effect.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,620

Post#1079 » by mdenny » Wed May 1, 2024 3:02 am

mdenny wrote:This is .how crazy and. Insane it is for a player like Brunson to take the heat while a guy like OG just floats through life with no burden of expectations or responsibility. And OG fixing to be a bigger cap hit than Brunson next season too lol.

That's the casual fan effect.

Maxey had a crucial turnover late in the game that could have been .the deciding factor. OG only hit 1 of 2 free throws in the clutch so it didn't end up being the dagger. But it just goes to show how the Casual fans give some players inexplicable passes and focus all the hate/rage for the guys who have actual responsibilities.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,838

Post#1080 » by Ari_Emanuel » Wed May 1, 2024 3:07 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Lol I think anyone with eyes could see Maxey was gonna be really damn good. If you just looked at stats a couple of years ago you’d say he’s just another Jordan Clarkson / Jordan Poole. But just watch him drop 40 on the raptors team in the playoffs it was clear as day he was different I don’t understand how anyone denied that.

The crazy thing is he won MIP this year, as if he came outta nowhere. But we knew how great he was 2 years ago when he was dropping 40 on Fred. Well a lot of us knew, a few thought he was a dime a dozen guard.

I was so sure of Maxey breaking out this year that I picked him 5 rounds ahead of his ADP in fantasy, and he still outperformed.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.

Return to Toronto Raptors