ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Prestige
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#1361 » by Prestige » Sat May 4, 2024 10:50 am

I expect OKC to crush the Mavs and the Wolves to finish off the Nuggets, leading to a Thunder vs Wolves conference finals. But this might be the Celtics year, finally, they are head and shoulders above everybody.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#1362 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 3:41 pm

JB7 wrote:
Scase wrote:
JB7 wrote:
How long are you wanting them to be bad, because it took two years to find another competent C? Teams that have them don’t like to part with them.

Also, I don’t think they’ll be able to retain Barnes if they live at the bottom of the league for 2-3 seasons.

That's what the draft is for my friend. Also teams like the knicks have found a magical way to find 2-3 quality C's without much trouble.

Even if they were lucky enough to end up drafting a C, it still takes time to develop them. They need something over the short term to be a relevant team to appeal to Scottie.

Knicks signed IH. It probably helped being the Knicks. Both C’s on the Knicks decent. They did a great job drafting Robinson but this is now his 6th season with the Knicks.

Scottie is 23 and about to be signed to a huge long term contract, he's not going anywhere. IH joined them because he was getting bounced around the league, NYC is his 5th team in 5 seasons, they identified a player and signed him, he took whatever team was offering him a contract. And who cares if this is Robinsons 6th season, they found a solid centre with the 36th pick, randle was on the team for 4 years before they drafted Robinson and yet he hasn't magically run to another team.

Scottie has known an entire half a season of tanking, which even then is easily chalked up to injuries more than anything. Stop acting like this is year 5 of being awful. If anything, mediocrity is more likely to drive players away, Mitchell is already looking to get out of CLE cause they are going nowhere. But I guess it's only the Raps that have to deal with trying to fill positional needs :dontknow:
Props TZ!
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1363 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:49 pm

PRESTIGE wrote:I expect OKC to crush the Mavs and the Wolves to finish off the Nuggets, leading to a Thunder vs Wolves conference finals. But this might be the Celtics year, finally, they are head and shoulders above everybody.

The Mavs are better than OKC, OKC doesn't have the size to match-up against Dallas

In Raptor Ball I Trust
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,785

Post#1364 » by ForeverTFC » Sat May 4, 2024 4:16 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
PRESTIGE wrote:I expect OKC to crush the Mavs and the Wolves to finish off the Nuggets, leading to a Thunder vs Wolves conference finals. But this might be the Celtics year, finally, they are head and shoulders above everybody.

The Mavs are better than OKC, OKC doesn't have the size to match-up against Dallas

Do you really need to match up with Lively and Gafford? On the flip side, no one on the Mavs can guard SGA and JWill and Chet will stretch whoever they have at C, opening up the paint. Personnel wise, I think OKC clearly has the advantage.

Still, the Mavs have Luka and I don’t think there is anyone scarier than Luka in a 7 game series.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1365 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 4:46 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Do you really need to match up with Lively and Gafford? On the flip side, no one on the Mavs can guard SGA and JWill and Chet will stretch whoever they have at C, opening up the paint. Personnel wise, I think OKC clearly has the advantage.

Still, the Mavs have Luka and I don’t think there is anyone scarier than Luka in a 7 game series.

As good as Luka is, the thunder are a deep team. Mavs are realistically 2 deep, they have no real defensive stoppers like OKC. I think OKC in 5 or 6 is realistic.
Props TZ!
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#1366 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:20 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

You absolutely do need to match up against size? Why wouldn't you ? And PJ Washington will guard Will and lively will do a good job against Chet like he's done against wemby, and once they goes to bench, what on earth is OKC gonna do. The Mavs are the better team, if they started the year with this roster they would be up there with OKC...

In Raptor Ball I Trust
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#1367 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:22 pm

Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

As good as Luka is, the thunder are a deep team. Mavs are realistically 2 deep, they have no real defensive stoppers like OKC. I think OKC in 5 or 6 is realistic.

Since like the trade deadline, the Mavs have been one of the best defensive teams, defensively they're better

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Scase
RealGM

Post#1368 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 5:31 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Since like the trade deadline, the Mavs have been one of the best defensive teams, defensively they're better

No, they were the 7th.

OKC were 5th.
Props TZ!
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,399

Post#1369 » by JB7 » Sat May 4, 2024 7:47 pm

Are the Celtics head and shoulders above everybody?

I think the Nuggets, Wolves and Mavs could all beat them, and then it is about whether OKC’s youth could get it done.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,399

Post#1370 » by JB7 » Sat May 4, 2024 7:52 pm

Scase wrote:
JB7 wrote:
Scase wrote:That's what the draft is for my friend. Also teams like the knicks have found a magical way to find 2-3 quality C's without much trouble.

Even if they were lucky enough to end up drafting a C, it still takes time to develop them. They need something over the short term to be a relevant team to appeal to Scottie.

Knicks signed IH. It probably helped being the Knicks. Both C’s on the Knicks decent. They did a great job drafting Robinson but this is now his 6th season with the Knicks.

Scottie is 23 and about to be signed to a huge long term contract, he's not going anywhere. IH joined them because he was getting bounced around the league, NYC is his 5th team in 5 seasons, they identified a player and signed him, he took whatever team was offering him a contract. And who cares if this is Robinsons 6th season, they found a solid centre with the 36th pick, randle was on the team for 4 years before they drafted Robinson and yet he hasn't magically run to another team.

Scottie has known an entire half a season of tanking, which even then is easily chalked up to injuries more than anything. Stop acting like this is year 5 of being awful. If anything, mediocrity is more likely to drive players away, Mitchell is already looking to get out of CLE cause they are going nowhere. But I guess it's only the Raps that have to deal with trying to fill positional needs :dontknow:

In Scottie’s three seasons with the Raps they:
- 1st season surprised in the East and ended up 5th but lost easily to the Sixers (who are just world beaters :lol:)
- 2nd season struggled to make the play in, and then lost to DD’s daughter
- 3rd season they tanked

So now you want to trade Yak and tank for 3 more seasons in the East of all places?

And you expect Scottie to say yes, sign me up for that?
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Post#1371 » by HumbleRen » Sat May 4, 2024 10:09 pm

I have Wolves in 7. (I don’t feel good about it and know that the Nuggets are the favourites)

OKC in 6 (Kleber being out hurts the Mavs a lot)

Knicks in 5 (I don’t trust the Pacers defence to make this a long series)
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,034

Post#1372 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 4, 2024 10:11 pm

sofargone wrote:pat being a clown
Read on Twitter

He's gotta be fined for that right?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,268

Post#1373 » by Chandan » Sat May 4, 2024 11:50 pm

Watching denver and minny. Just noticed what a nephew franchise the Raptors has been the last 2 years. They kept hiring the lesser brothers of players they want.

McDaniels, Porter, Thanasis.
Scase
RealGM

Post#1374 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 11:56 pm

JB7 wrote:
Scase wrote:
JB7 wrote:

In Scottie’s three seasons with the Raps they:
- 1st season surprised in the East and ended up 5th but lost easily to the Sixers (who are just world beaters :lol:)
- 2nd season struggled to make the play in, and then lost to DD’s daughter
- 3rd season they tanked

So now you want to trade Yak and tank for 3 more seasons in the East of all places?

And you expect Scottie to say yes, sign me up for that?

My guy, he is in line for like a 250mil contract. Yes, I expect him to sign up for that. You act like I'm suggesting we be bottom of the league for 3 years running, I would be happy with one year in the **** this upcoming season and go from there.

This team is going to be most likely 10th place next year, if you think a few more years of a bad situation will cause him to leave, I've got some bad news for you.
Props TZ!
Scase
RealGM

Post#1375 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 11:57 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
sofargone wrote:pat being a clown
Read on Twitter

He's gotta be fined for that right?

I would be worried more about what is gonna happen from him drilling a woman in the head with a basketball.
Props TZ!
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Post#1376 » by HumbleRen » Sun May 5, 2024 1:09 am

Anthony Edwards man, he’s not even 5 years away from his peak yet.
earth007
Junior
And1: 604

Post#1377 » by earth007 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:14 am

HumbleRen wrote:Anthony Edwards man, he’s not even 5 years away from his peak yet.

I would not be surprised if he ends up winning the championship this year.
SnotoriousBIG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,314

Post#1378 » by SnotoriousBIG » Sun May 5, 2024 1:21 am

Goddamn Ant Man
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#1379 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun May 5, 2024 1:21 am

Minny is serious. This is a coming out party for Ant
Prestige
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#1380 » by Prestige » Sun May 5, 2024 1:29 am

Why does Edwards remind me of Jordan? It’s crazy.

Return to Toronto Raptors