ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,370

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#861 » by Hero » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 am

SnotoriousBIG wrote:Beal is washed man....

Look at his contract.
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,258

Post#862 » by sidsid » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 am

Brinbe wrote:Image

That NTC makes it basically impossible to trade because he won't accept being dumped.

Only chance is the Lakers in full desperation mode where they move DLo/Rui/Vincent. It likely still takes a pick on the Suns side to get rid of it.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,662

Post#863 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 am

Timberwolves first series win in 20 years

that's earned not given

respect to connelly finch kat gobert conley and bench ... and ANTMAN
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,662

Post#864 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 am

this is hell

Read on Twitter
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#865 » by TheRealDeal » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 am

Anthony Edwards game/trajectory as a star reminds me so much of early 2000’s Vince Carter

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=8Evds9QVC4TEL0DTgBuPLg
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,944

Post#866 » by Los_29 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:
Los_29 wrote:As happy as I am for Pascal and OG, it is unfortunate that we are likely going to be robbed of some highly competitive and intriguing series due to injuries. A healthy Sixers and Bucks teams are good teams that could give the Celtics some resistance. I’m not sure if the Knicks and Pacers can.

Feel bad for the Bucks. Screw the Sixers.

Oh yeah, for sure. I just think the Sixers could’ve given the Celtics some resistance if healthy. I don’t think the Knicks and Pacers are good enough.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#867 » by Los_29 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 am

djsunyc wrote:
Los_29 wrote:As happy as I am for Pascal and OG, it is unfortunate that we are likely going to be robbed of some highly competitive and intriguing series due to injuries. A healthy Sixers and Bucks teams are good teams that could give the Celtics some resistance. I’m not sure if the Knicks and Pacers can.

before the playoffs started, i told my buddies who are knicks fans that if the knicks make the ecf's, they have a good shot to beat the celtics. i think they can punk porzingis and take him out of the series. then it will come down to brunson vs. brown b/c og can slow tatum enough that the celtics will need to rely on brown. knicks role players are probably as good as the celtics. and thibs > mazzula. i think overall, the celtics are a little on the soft side.

Celtics are definitely not unbeatable. I think they can win the championship, and should win it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost. It’s just hard to rely on a team led by Jaylen and Jayson.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,338

Post#868 » by djsunyc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 am

Los_29 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

before the playoffs started, i told my buddies who are knicks fans that if the knicks make the ecf's, they have a good shot to beat the celtics. i think they can punk porzingis and take him out of the series. then it will come down to brunson vs. brown b/c og can slow tatum enough that the celtics will need to rely on brown. knicks role players are probably as good as the celtics. and thibs > mazzula. i think overall, the celtics are a little on the soft side.

Celtics are definitely not unbeatable. I think they can win the championship, and should win it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost. It’s just hard to rely on a team led by Jaylen and Jayson.

yeah - but that's what makes the nba great now. no dominant stacked powerhouse teams.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,309

Post#869 » by Dalek » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 am

Ever since the OG trade I felt like the Knicks made a blockbuster move that was their missing piece. Philly has size and even without Randle they nullified Embiid. At one point in the fourth they couldn't even make an entry pass to Embiid with OG on him. Clock just ran out. He had zero points in the fourth until the last minute.

Now Boston is a smaller team, and NY has beaten them up this year. The Knicks compete on defense and get extra shots on offense. They have Brunson who is may be playing the best ball in the conference and OG who can shutdown Tatum. I mean the Knicks are legit like Miami beating Boston last year, scrappy teams can make the finals.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,338

Post#870 » by djsunyc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 am

Dalek wrote:Ever since the OG trade I felt like the Knicks made a blockbuster move that was their missing piece. Philly has size and even without Randle they nullified Embiid. At one point in the fourth they couldn't even make an entry pass to Embiid with OG on him. Clock just ran out. He had zero points in the fourth until the last minute.

Now Boston is a smaller team, and NY has beaten them up this year. The Knicks compete on defense and get extra shots on offense. They have Brunson who is may be playing the best ball in the conference and OG who can shutdown Tatum. I mean the Knicks are legit like Miami beating Boston last year, scrappy teams can make the finals.

og was their gasol trade.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#871 » by Los_29 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 am

djsunyc wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

yeah - but that's what makes the nba great now. no dominant stacked powerhouse teams.

Exciting time to be a fan. So much parity. Even a team like Orlando is winning playoff games. How much further ahead are they than us? I don’t think much at all.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,836

Post#872 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 am

Knicks Celtics will be interesting if it happens. I don’t trust Boston anymore. Best team on paper and they always come up short. They’re competitive, but never have those superstar performance's to give them an edge.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,833

Post#873 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Knicks Celtics will be interesting if it happens. I don’t trust Boston anymore. Best team on paper and they always come up short. They’re competitive, but never have those superstar performance's to give them an edge.

Knicks - Wolves finals would be something
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,619

Post#874 » by mdenny » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 am

TheRealDeal wrote:Anthony Edwards game/trajectory as a star reminds me so much of early 2000’s Vince Carter

Read on Twitter

Really? I think Ant is far exceeding Vince.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong...but we were still like a 5 seed in the east during Vince' breakout year?

Then he was largely neutralized in the first round vs the knicks. Alvin Williams and Oakley were huge.

Then Vince definitely showed out in the second round vs the sixers but was ultimately outshined by Iverson.

So edwards already led his team to a top seed in a much harder conference. And already shined in a series win. Two things Vince never did.

Someone can correct me if Im wrong. It was a long time ago.

For all the talk about Vince this and Vince that. It really was mostly hype. We weren't playing winning basketball.

Our most glorious regular season was DEFINITELY the year after the chip. Kawhi left. Everyone counted us out. And then we proceeded to destroy the entire league before covid struck. Our best season ever. I was LOVING it especially in the wake of the kawhi thing.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,350

Post#875 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:16 am

Kd is so overrated
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,753

Post#876 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:23 am

mdenny wrote:
TheRealDeal wrote:Anthony Edwards game/trajectory as a star reminds me so much of early 2000’s Vince Carter

Read on Twitter

Maybe I'm remembering wrong...but we were still like a 5 seed in the east during Vince' breakout year?

Then he was largely neutralized in the first round vs the knicks. Alvin Williams and Oakley were huge.

Then Vince definitely showed out in the second round vs the sixers but was ultimately outshined by Iverson.

So edwards already led his team to a top seed in a much harder conference. And already shined in a series win. Two things Vince never did.

ANT has a far superior team. Just look at the names you’re typing out: Alvin Williams and Charles Oakley.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,298

Post#877 » by ruckus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Knicks Celtics will be interesting if it happens. I don’t trust Boston anymore. Best team on paper and they always come up short. They’re competitive, but never have those superstar performance's to give them an edge.

Knicks - Wolves finals would be something

I'd love to see an Orlando/Indiana, Minny/OKC Final 4 just to see the chaos it would cause at ESPN.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,753

Post#878 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 am

djsunyc wrote:
Dalek wrote:Ever since the OG trade I felt like the Knicks made a blockbuster move that was their missing piece. Philly has size and even without Randle they nullified Embiid. At one point in the fourth they couldn't even make an entry pass to Embiid with OG on him. Clock just ran out. He had zero points in the fourth until the last minute.

og was their gasol trade.

The Knicks are the late 2010s Raptors re-incarnated. But they still need to find their super star for inefficient first option trade.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,619

Post#879 » by mdenny » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
mdenny wrote:

Read on Twitter

ANT has a far superior team. Just look at the names you’re typing out: Alvin Williams and Charles Oakley.

I don't know why you're down-playing Williams and Oakley.

Oakley was traded for Camby, a second overall draft pick in his second season. That tells you his worth at that time in context of 90s basketball. He was a GREAT frontcourt player. Not good, great.

Alvin was a respectable starting point guard who played the best ball of his life in that 5 game knicks series. He was the guy who won that series imo.

The game 5 win In NY is really the only notable 'win' our team had in the Vince years and he didn't even play well.

Man....all the Vince stuff was really just hype. We were barely above 500 during his superstar years. We weren't actually winning anything and the stuff we DID win....Vince wasn't playing like Ant is now.

Don't forget, back then it was rare for a team to have more than one all-star player on the roster. The Philly team that took us out wasn't stacked with stars either. Vince had a great team supporting him. Also a superior tactical coach.
MoneyBall
Analyst
And1: 3,219

Post#880 » by MoneyBall » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am

I was totally convinced that the Wolves were fool's gold. Clearly I was dead wrong.

Return to Toronto Raptors