ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Expect a lot of player movement this summer

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,371

Re: Woj: Expect a lot of player movement this summer 

Post#181 » by Scase » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 am

Tripod wrote:JV feasting again with 7 points today.

Could only get on the court for 11:58

He has the best +/- of any starter, and the game that was the closest for the pels where they lost by 2 pts....shocker here, JV played 30min. Sure is a good thing no coach ever plays the wrong guys.

Dude came in the game and within 3min, OKC hit 3, 3's in a row, none of which had anything to do with his defence, and still managed a better +/- than any other starter. Box score watching must be fun.
Props TZ!
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 794

Post#182 » by disoblige » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 am

People have lost their bananas when they brag about some1 with 12min playing time with -10 +/- and consider it the best +/- of any starter not taking account the minutes they played. -10 in 10 min isnt the same as -10 in 30 min. One loses 1pt per minute, the other does not.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 723

Post#183 » by TGM » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:33 pm

As time moves on Masai looks more and more brilliant with his asset management. Moving Pascal and not giving him a max was the right thing. You look at Phoenix with the Beal situation and they are so screwed. I said this in the past teams able to lock in group of talented guys in the 20-25 million contract range is the way moving forward. Maybe you have one super or two superstars at max, but it’s the smaller contracts with good quality players that will be most valuable.

If Masai really wanted to get KD the price probably has come down in half.

There will be some legit fire sales this summer and my bet is a guy like Brown will be coveted by these capped out teams looking for a shake-up but also salary relief.
nonameguy
Junior
And1: 171

Post#184 » by nonameguy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wanted them to be shortsided to trade Murray for Siakam

Sighted.

Short-sighted.

As in, they aren't looking (sight) very far (short) ahead in the future.
Scase
RealGM

Post#185 » by Scase » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:44 am

TGM wrote:As time moves on Masai looks more and more brilliant with his asset management. Moving Pascal and not giving him a max was the right thing. You look at Phoenix with the Beal situation and they are so screwed. I said this in the past teams able to lock in group of talented guys in the 20-25 million contract range is the way moving forward. Maybe you have one super or two superstars at max, but it’s the smaller contracts with good quality players that will be most valuable.

There will be some legit fire sales this summer and my bet is a guy like Brown will be coveted by these capped out teams looking for a shake-up but also salary relief.

Well this is certainly an opinion lmao
Props TZ!
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,005

Post#186 » by anotherhomer » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:18 am

Scase wrote:
TGM wrote:As time moves on Masai looks more and more brilliant with his asset management. Moving Pascal and not giving him a max was the right thing. You look at Phoenix with the Beal situation and they are so screwed. I said this in the past teams able to lock in group of talented guys in the 20-25 million contract range is the way moving forward. Maybe you have one super or two superstars at max, but it’s the smaller contracts with good quality players that will be most valuable.

i wouldn't call it brilliant but i respect Ujiri for drawing a line in not giving the guy 4-5 year max

at the same time, it doesn't distract from the overall poor roster construction job Ujiri did
Scase
RealGM

Post#187 » by Scase » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:42 am

anotherhomer wrote:
Scase wrote:

i wouldn't call it brilliant but i respect Ujiri for drawing a line in not giving the guy 4-5 year max

at the same time, it doesn't distract from the overall poor roster construction job Ujiri did

Yeah the latter is more what I find hilarious about that comment. Like not giving a 2nd banana a 50m/yr contract isn't brilliant, it borders on common sense. But to say he's been brilliant with his asset management after we lost FVV for nothing, going into multiple seasons with multiple major players as UFAs, and trading a lightly protected lotto pick for a mid centre while being 8th worst in the league, is objectively stupid, and as far as you can get from brilliant :lol:
Props TZ!
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,601

Post#188 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 am

Tripod wrote:JV feasting again with 7 points today.

Could only get on the court for 11:58

Been the same thing his entire career and it's very very simple. He can't defend the pick and roll. It's the same reason why so many ppl on this board couldn't understand why Casey used to always close out games with Patrick Patterson and amir johnson instead of JV. Which of course used to mystify all the JV brigade like messia aka pensare lol.

Loud, argumentative posters not being able to see the most obvious, basic things is so hilarious. It's like a mystery to them why JV has to sit for so many minutes.

JV has always been a good offensive player. Big body and coordinated hands. Also really hard worker and great teammate. He's a good defensive rebounder too. But in a 7 game series...it's too easy for opposing teams to punish his most vulnerable weakness over and over again.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,748
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#189 » by will » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:55 am

Captain Obvious Woj

Return to Toronto Raptors