ImageImageImageImageImage

What is your favourite Jontay memory as a Raptor?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,691

Re: What is your favourite Jontay memory as a Raptor? 

Post#41 » by hyper316 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:23 pm

onions17 wrote:Has he spoken publicly since the ban or issued an apology? You’d think that would help his future basketball career prospects.

He's done.

Maybe take a page from Ben Johnson in Cheetah drink commercial - Jontay Porter in commercial for Bet365
onions17
Starter
And1: 642

Post#42 » by onions17 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 pm

hyper316 wrote:
onions17 wrote:Has he spoken publicly since the ban or issued an apology? You’d think that would help his future basketball career prospects.

He's done.

Maybe take a page from Ben Johnson in Cheetah drink commercial - Jontay Porter in commercial for Bet365

pretty sure he can still have a successful career in europe
Q00 wrote:When scoring over 100 pts and giving up under 100 pts, they are 11-0

Clearly defense is the difference between winning and losing for this team.
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,160

Post#43 » by The Warrior » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 pm

That one time he grabbed a rebound.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using RealGM mobile app
will
RealGM
And1: 49,879
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#44 » by will » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:56 am

Shannon Sharpe get Jontay on your pod!
bobbyp3588
Senior
And1: 505

Post#45 » by bobbyp3588 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:26 pm

mrsocko wrote:
bobbyp3588 wrote:This entire situation is obviously brutal for all involved. It’s bad for the Raptors as we lose a not altogether unpromising young player who we found for free. It’s bad for the league because the they’ve partnered up with, and are really pushing, sports gaming companies, which make the optics of this extra extra awful.
And it’s the worst for Jontay Porter, clearly.

This whole episode is the very definition of unfortunate. It’s also incredibly unfair to Jontay Porter. Don’t get me wrong - I’m no longer a fan. You simply can’t do what he did. But… It’s so egregious that you’d have to be insane or as dumb as can be. Jontay is clearly not insane, nor does he seem like the dumbest of us. So what gives?

Illness. Addiction is a disease. I’d wager (pun intended) that Jontay is addicted to gambling. It’s the only way this makes any sense.

So, essentially, the NBA just banned a player for life for being ill.

Cool.

I thought he was banned for gambling?

Trying to be funny or illiterate? I honestly can’t tell.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,879
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#46 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 7:46 pm

He put up 10/6/6 one time. Or something along those lines. That was quite memorable.

Also, the news getting out that he had been banned for betting on himselff was quite memorable in itself.
mrsocko
Sixth Man
And1: 873

Post#47 » by mrsocko » Sat May 11, 2024 2:29 pm

bobbyp3588 wrote:
mrsocko wrote:
bobbyp3588 wrote:This entire situation is obviously brutal for all involved. It’s bad for the Raptors as we lose a not altogether unpromising young player who we found for free. It’s bad for the league because the they’ve partnered up with, and are really pushing, sports gaming companies, which make the optics of this extra extra awful.
And it’s the worst for Jontay Porter, clearly.

This whole episode is the very definition of unfortunate. It’s also incredibly unfair to Jontay Porter. Don’t get me wrong - I’m no longer a fan. You simply can’t do what he did. But… It’s so egregious that you’d have to be insane or as dumb as can be. Jontay is clearly not insane, nor does he seem like the dumbest of us. So what gives?

Illness. Addiction is a disease. I’d wager (pun intended) that Jontay is addicted to gambling. It’s the only way this makes any sense.

So, essentially, the NBA just banned a player for life for being ill.

Cool.

I thought he was banned for gambling?

Trying to be funny or illiterate? I honestly can’t tell.

If I cut my arm off I don’t have an illness but I am handicapped. Jontays gambling problem is a handicap not an illness. The NBA is not required to help somebody who has besmirched the integrity of the game. All they can do is help him with his integrity issues, which they did, by BANNING him for life. Now he can see the consequences of his actions and change.

Good luck.

There are lots of programs he can get into but realizing you have a problem is step one.

I think he realizes that now.
Dick expectation level 0/5

Return to Toronto Raptors