ImageImageImageImageImage

Very early draft target at #19

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Who is your very early draft target at #19

Poll ended at Wed May 1, 2024 3:25 am

Yves Missi,20.1,Big,6'11"
4%
Tristan Da Silva,23.1,Forward,6'9"
8%
Tyler Smith,19.6,Forward,6'10"
10%
Kel'el Ware,20.2,Big,7'0"
18%
Johnny Furphy,19.6,Wing,6'9"
12%
Bobi Klintman,21.3,Forward,6'10"
2%
Kyshawn George,20.5,Combo Guard,6'9 ¼"
22%
Tyler Kolek,23.3,Lead Guard,6'3"
No votes
Bub Carrington,18.9,Lead Guard,6'5"
4%
Other option, please name
22%

Total votes: 51

niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,232

Re: Very early draft target at #19 

Post#41 » by niQ » Wed May 1, 2024 1:57 pm

mihaic wrote:
Thaddy wrote:
italraptors wrote:enough of this. just take edey at 19 and be done with it, all those guys listed will prob be a bust anyways. at least take a chance on the best college player in the last 2 years. and if hes a bust then so be it. the draft is a crap shoot anyways

What makes him better than Luke Garza?

A Few inches make a difference, ask your gf

Sorry I couldn't resist

Inappropriate comment. Please refrain from Derailing. Come on now.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,784

Post#42 » by ConSarnit » Wed May 1, 2024 5:39 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
disoblige wrote:We won’t pick Edey. Our coach wants a passing big man around the 3pt area or high post to pull out their Center. He wants a 5 PG squad. We are building base on his ideas not the best player available.

Edey was actually a pretty good passing big averaging 2 assists a game. Sets solid screens and knows when to pass the ball out. I agree he doesn't really fit this team as-is, but he would be okay if we can add more shooters and if Barnes can hit a couple of 3s.

I have to disagree with this. He is not an intuitive passer. He will pass but he will only hit the wide open guy after taking 2 seconds to see where he is. He's not creating any passing advantages from what I've seen. 2 apg is also not a great number considering how much he touches the ball. He falls into assists just because he has the ball so much. That doesn't make him a good passer. He's a slow to react passer, sort of like JV.
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#43 » by plainballing » Wed May 1, 2024 5:49 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Thaddy wrote:
italraptors wrote:enough of this. just take edey at 19 and be done with it, all those guys listed will prob be a bust anyways. at least take a chance on the best college player in the last 2 years. and if hes a bust then so be it. the draft is a crap shoot anyways

What makes him better than Luke Garza?

Luke Garza wasn't big enough to overcome his style of play. He was only 6'10 with a 7ft wingspan, which isn't huge for a traditional drop big. He could dominate at that size against college kids, but he was only average sized for his position in the NBA.

Edey is 7'4 with a 8ft wingspan which gives him as size advantage over everyone.

Yes, if Zack continue to improve on his conditioning then he can be a good role player in the NBA. He is polished and ready to play limited, but meaningful, minutes right away.

It will be the best if he can get drafted to teams like Thunder or Nuggets where he have no pressure to perform immediately. Kinda like Chet's situation but from bench.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,946

Post#44 » by Merit » Wed May 1, 2024 5:50 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:
disoblige wrote:We won’t pick Edey. Our coach wants a passing big man around the 3pt area or high post to pull out their Center. He wants a 5 PG squad. We are building base on his ideas not the best player available.

Edey was actually a pretty good passing big averaging 2 assists a game. Sets solid screens and knows when to pass the ball out. I agree he doesn't really fit this team as-is, but he would be okay if we can add more shooters and if Barnes can hit a couple of 3s.

I have to disagree with this. He is not an intuitive passer. He will pass but he will only hit the wide open guy after taking 2 seconds to see where he is. He's not creating any passing advantages from what I've seen. 2 apg is also not a great number considering how much he touches the ball. He falls into assists just because he has the ball so much. That doesn't make him a good passer. He's a slow to react passer, sort of like JV.

Agreed and he will have to learn how to pass to be successful given his size and lack of agility as a result. Fortunately, I feel confident in his development given his trajectory this far.
I believe in Masai.
dkb964
Junior
And1: 196

Post#45 » by dkb964 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:38 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
dkb964 wrote:Did the coin toss already happen?

Yes, last Monday

I thought that the Raptors still could pick as high as 16.

:nonono: :banghead:

Thank you for letting me know. Bad news though. :(

Return to Toronto Raptors