ImageImageImageImageImage

Should the Raptors target Jamal Murray in 2025?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,750

Re: Should the Raptors target Jamal Murray in 2025? 

Post#81 » by slicedbread2 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:36 am

bballsparkin wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:OKC's core (top 6 in minutes) and how they were acquired:

Shai - Trade (drafted 11th by Clippers)
Williams - Drafted 12th
Chet - Drafted 2nd
Dort - Undrafted FA (signed two-way)
Giddey - Drafted 6th
Wallace - Drafted 10th

SGA acquired due to PG (10th pick drafted by Pacers)

PG was acquired with Victor Oladipo (2nd overall by the Magic) and Domantas Sabonis (11th by Magic)

What this shows me is that having picks in the lottery is a very good thing.

Don't forget Jalen Williams was drafted with the pick that came from the Clippers in the PG trade due to them performing worse than expected. The amazing part is they have a lot of assets left to use. This past deadline, they sent away the Clippers 1st in exchange for getting Dallas to agree to an unprotected pick swap in 2028. Luka ain't leaving but you never know how fast things can change.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#82 » by nikster » Mon May 6, 2024 4:55 pm

dTox wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
OKC's success mostly comes down to Shai developing into a MVP level player. Hard to replicate that.

Yup, they achieved success primarily through that trade

If only we had an all-star in their prime to trade this past season....oh wait

You realize the only reason OKC blew it up is because their all star wanted out?
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,779

Post#83 » by dTox » Mon May 6, 2024 5:41 pm

nikster wrote:
dTox wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Yup, they achieved success primarily through that trade

You realize the only reason OKC blew it up is because their all star wanted out?

Wouldn't that give OKC less leverage?
TBZ for the win
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#84 » by nikster » Mon May 6, 2024 5:49 pm

dTox wrote:
nikster wrote:
dTox wrote:

Wouldn't that give OKC less leverage?

Probably not much because he had 3 years on the deal and OKC wouldn't have had any reason to rush. Clippers were the one with no leverage anyway due to Kawhi demanding they get PG.

Either way, OKC is keeping that core together if he decides to stay.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,820

Post#85 » by Pointgod » Mon May 6, 2024 6:04 pm

kieferli wrote:We need to build like OKC, that’s the only way for Toronto have chances to win. OKC young’s fun to watch , they don’t need to sign a superstar to help them to be #1 in the West . Many young players they have look like can be an All stars or may ne superstar.

Yup. Probably the best way for a team like ours to generate talent.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,655

Post#86 » by Mr Funk » Mon May 6, 2024 6:34 pm

Reeko wrote:Is it? I assume we will be better and that Scottie, RJ, IQ, and Gradey will all improve in that time frame but given how this FO has historically operated, do you really think the FO banking on internal development over the next 3 seasons is out of the realm of possibility?

The front office certainly will not only rely on internal development over the next three seasons and not make any sort of considerable acquistion or trade. I realize free agency is very challenging, but perhaps a considerable trade or two are not out of the realm of possibilites in the next three seasons.

I completely understand what you're saying about SGA playing alongside Williams and Holmgren. It's a team with amazing talent and exciting potential. However, considering OKC's small market and ownership that by most accounts, will not go into the tax (which previously forced Presti to eventually trade Harden and end the big three of Durant/Westbrook/Harden), it's not completely set in stone. Sure, SGA could very easily resign with OKC in 2027, however it's still a long way off and our chances shouldn't be discounted.
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,568

Post#87 » by TheAlchemist23 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:21 am

mkot wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:No, he's pretty overrated. Let's build the right way

Never been an all-star and he is overrated. Okay :crazy:

He's not a star player. He's too streaky and inconsistent, and doesn't make others around him better. If he never played with Jokic he'd be type casted as a 6th man gunner.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,807

Post#88 » by Raps in 4 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:15 am

TheAlchemist23 wrote:
mkot wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:No, he's pretty overrated. Let's build the right way

Never been an all-star and he is overrated. Okay :crazy:

He's not a star player. He's too streaky and inconsistent, and doesn't make others around him better. If he never played with Jokic he'd be type casted as a 6th man gunner.

There is a reason he's never sniffed an All-Star game or All-NBA selection.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,501

Post#89 » by PhilBlackson » Tue May 7, 2024 10:14 am

It’s probably too late now that he exploded during the last stretch of the season but I would’ve (still would) target Jalen Green. People were saying a lot of the same stuff about Ant his first couple of seasons. I’m not at all saying Green will be as good because Ant has a major strength advantage but with that explosive athleticism he will become a serious bucket getter.

The player I really want is Trey Murphy but it sounds like Griff wants to keep him. The only player I think might be available but is questionable if you want to resign to a big contract is Ingram.

But as for Murray, I don’t see any reason he’d leave DEN but of course I’d love to have him on our team.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,267

Post#90 » by TorontoBarneys » Tue May 7, 2024 6:23 pm

Total bum

Could see a suspension for game 3
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,125

Post#91 » by Potential » Tue May 7, 2024 6:31 pm

Don't want him anymore. Looks like he's nothing but a Lakers merchant
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,015

Post#92 » by MEDIC » Tue May 7, 2024 6:48 pm

dublo7 wrote:
dTox wrote:I can't believe I just read a post claiming Murray is overrated. Dear God.

ignore them. Jaml passes the eye test, ployoff test, box score test and clutch test. Unfortunately, as depicted several times in this thread... he's got it pretty good beside a potential HOFer. the stars would have to line up really good to get him here. SGA is younger but on the tip of a dynasty.

Last years playoff stats while winning a championship:

26.1 ppg
5.7 rpg
7.1 apg
1.5 spg
47.3 FG%
39.6 3Pt%
92.6 FT%

This is playing as a #2 option on a Championship team. If this isn't considered clutch & a prime time level performance, I don't know what is.

Overrated........ :lol:
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,343

Post#93 » by yellowknifer » Tue May 7, 2024 7:37 pm

MEDIC wrote:
dublo7 wrote:
dTox wrote:I can't believe I just read a post claiming Murray is overrated. Dear God.

ignore them. Jaml passes the eye test, ployoff test, box score test and clutch test. Unfortunately, as depicted several times in this thread... he's got it pretty good beside a potential HOFer. the stars would have to line up really good to get him here. SGA is younger but on the tip of a dynasty.

Last years playoff stats while winning a championship:

26.1 ppg
5.7 rpg
7.1 apg
1.5 spg
47.3 FG%
39.6 3Pt%
92.6 FT%

This is playing as a #2 option on a Championship team. If this isn't considered clutch & a prime time level performance, I don't know what is.

Overrated........ :lol:

He's amazing. He will have to step it up big time if they want to win this series vs Minnesota though. Minnesotas defense is about as good as I've ever seen anyone play defense. And the offense is clicking. Might be tough.

Return to Toronto Raptors