ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,919

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#61 » by JShuttlesworth » Thu May 2, 2024 1:34 pm

Paul George to the Sixers makes sense to me: Maxey / George / Embiid
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,791

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#62 » by ConSarnit » Thu May 2, 2024 5:06 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:Also, OKC has a boat load of FRPs and will want to offload them for cheap so they dont have to pay rookies $3M+ a year to warm the bench and have their development stunted. Perhaps we can work something out with them. Last year they traded a FRP and 2RP for a Denver 2029 2RP to avoid this predicament: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37826075/sources-nuggets-get-package-picks-deal-thunder

OKC stands to only have 1 1st this year (the HOU pick). If HOU somehow moves up they stand to have zero 1sts this year.

OKC also received a 2029 top-4 protected 1st from DEN, not a 2nd.

Next year is when OKC stands to have a boatload of 1sts (Utah, Mia and Phi + a swap with Hou). I would definitely try to poach a 1st off them next year I just don't know if we have anything they would want. We can't be giving up top-4 protected 1sts like DEN for a pick in the 20's. We have an extra 1st in 2026 but OKC already has 2 1sts in 2026. Tough to see how a deal could be made.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,464

Post#63 » by Asif16 » Thu May 2, 2024 6:52 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:Paul George to the Sixers makes sense to me: Maxey / George / Embiid

Paul George going bach to the team that drafted him in Indy would also make for a great storyline and be a perfect fit.

Haliburton/PG/Siakam
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,959

Post#64 » by Merit » Thu May 2, 2024 7:48 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Obviously not a big name but I think Dwight Powell would be a good add as a backup Center. We can slowly build Team Canada with Barnes and IQ loll.

Count me in with the LLE.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#65 » by Merit » Thu May 2, 2024 7:51 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:Also, OKC has a boat load of FRPs and will want to offload them for cheap so they dont have to pay rookies $3M+ a year to warm the bench and have their development stunted. Perhaps we can work something out with them. Last year they traded a FRP and 2RP for a Denver 2029 2RP to avoid this predicament: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37826075/sources-nuggets-get-package-picks-deal-thunder

OKC stands to only have 1 1st this year (the HOU pick). If HOU somehow moves up they stand to have zero 1sts this year.

OKC also received a 2029 top-4 protected 1st from DEN, not a 2nd.

Next year is when OKC stands to have a boatload of 1sts (Utah, Mia and Phi + a swap with Hou). I would definitely try to poach a 1st off them next year I just don't know if we have anything they would want. We can't be giving up top-4 protected 1sts like DEN for a pick in the 20's. We have an extra 1st in 2026 but OKC already has 2 1sts in 2026. Tough to see how a deal could be made.

No idea how it happens but Iā€™m pulling for a pick in the 2025 draft and our keeping our lotto pick this year. Oh and winning more next year too, meaning our pick may convey.
I believe in Masai.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,871

Post#66 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Thu May 2, 2024 7:57 pm

Merit wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Obviously not a big name but I think Dwight Powell would be a good add as a backup Center. We can slowly build Team Canada with Barnes and IQ loll.

Our centre rotation is set and in great shape. Not a priority.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#67 » by Merit » Thu May 2, 2024 8:01 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Merit wrote:

Never say never. Poeltl can be moved in the right trade and we may very well draft a big with our pick at 19. Think of Dwight like Thad. Heā€™s there for his character and anything he gives beyond that is gravy. We likely hang on to Garret Temple for the same reason. I feel itā€™s more likely to happen if he chooses to sign for the vet minimum. The storyline is there.
I believe in Masai.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,279

Post#68 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 3, 2024 12:51 am

Merit wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Merit wrote:

Never say never. Poeltl can be moved in the right trade and we may very well draft a big with our pick at 19. Think of Dwight like Thad. Heā€™s there for his character and anything he gives beyond that is gravy. We likely hang on to Garret Temple for the same reason. I feel itā€™s more likely to happen if he chooses to sign for the vet minimum. The storyline is there.

Timeout... who the hell said our Center rotation is set? We have 1 actual Center on the roster and actually need 2 more (a backup and a young 3rd stringer with potential).

Also Powell is still under contract with the Mavs for 4M next year but he seems useless for them with Lively and Gafford there now. Think he could be had for very little.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,871

Post#69 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Fri May 3, 2024 1:30 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Merit wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

Timeout... who the hell said our Center rotation is set? We have 1 actual Center on the roster and actually need 2 more (a backup and a young 3rd stringer with potential).

Also Powell is still under contract with the Mavs for 4M next year but he seems useless for them with Lively and Gafford there now. Think he could be had for very little.

What is going on? You are saying KO is not an adequate back-up centre? This board is completely off the rails. Whenever someone comes on this roster the board turns on them.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,279

Post#70 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 3, 2024 1:49 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Merit wrote:

What is going on? You are saying KO is not an adequate back-up centre? This board is completely off the rails. Whenever someone comes on this roster the board turns on them.

My man... Olynyk is a really good bench player but he hasn't played Center for majority of his career for a reason. He's been a PF who can play C in particular situations where you're prioritizing offense over defense.

There was a reason why this team (as mediocre as it was) completely fell apart when Poeltl got hurt. You need someone else with that type of skillset off the bench.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Merit » Fri May 3, 2024 3:59 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Merit wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

Wow - I really shouldā€™ve checked. Masai mentioned wanting a big and a backup guard. Iā€™d be interested in Powell at the right price eg. For mcdaniels.
I believe in Masai.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#72 » by 6ixpessant » Fri May 3, 2024 5:50 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:I feel sorry for whoever takes on Trae.

Why? He's still a really good offensive player - elite shooter and playmaker.

He'd be PERFECT fit on the Spurs.

Wemby and Vassell can cover Trae's defensive lapses.

Keldon Johnson + Tre Jones + Graham/Collins + Draft Pick(s) for Trae

Trae is an absolutely awful teammate and a loser on the court, he's not well liked in Atlanta. He's been a loser on the court his entire career, you don't bring in guys like that during a rebuild and youth movement.

We have already lived through Raptors nation thinking Cousins and Beal would be great additions.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,398

Post#73 » by JB7 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:46 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
JB7 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Ishbia is doubling down. Don't expect PHX to move anyone.
Pelicans will make moves Griff admitted it few days ago
Lebron is staying in LA

I think Ishbia is bluffing, if he is giving indications he won't move anyone. Fast forward a year, the Suns are probably in the exact same place, except Durant is a year older and has one year left on his deal.

If Durant wants to be traded, and a team like OKC is interested, I think a deal would go down.

It is two years in a row the Suns have done nothing significant in the playoffs, and they don't have enough assets to risk holding onto Durant for too long.

And if Booker wants out, they can move him to the Nets for all of their picks and swaps back, along with the 'player' known as Ben Simmons :lol:

Nah not bluffing. He's an oblivious owner. He's still in phase 1

SAS has thrown out the rumor that Booker might be interested in going to NY. Is he sick of playing with KD? Do they both ask out?

Ishbia's press conference might have been to try and put out fires, but instead just threw fuel on it all, as he sounded panicked.

If the Knicks aren't interested in Booker, I could easily see the Nets being interested in him. And Booker would obviously see an easier path to success in the East than the West.
JB7
Analyst

Post#74 » by JB7 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:52 pm

Another name thrown out as possibly being interested in NY - Embiid

NY could have a lot of names to pick from this offseason: Embiid, Mitchell, Booker, Towns. Which one would be the best fit with the current roster?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,689

Post#75 » by WuTang_OG » Fri May 3, 2024 4:08 pm

JB7 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
JB7 wrote:
I think Ishbia is bluffing, if he is giving indications he won't move anyone. Fast forward a year, the Suns are probably in the exact same place, except Durant is a year older and has one year left on his deal.

If Durant wants to be traded, and a team like OKC is interested, I think a deal would go down.

It is two years in a row the Suns have done nothing significant in the playoffs, and they don't have enough assets to risk holding onto Durant for too long.

And if Booker wants out, they can move him to the Nets for all of their picks and swaps back, along with the 'player' known as Ben Simmons :lol:

SAS has thrown out the rumor that Booker might be interested in going to NY. Is he sick of playing with KD? Do they both ask out?

Ishbia's press conference might have been to try and put out fires, but instead just threw fuel on it all, as he sounded panicked.

If the Knicks aren't interested in Booker, I could easily see the Nets being interested in him. And Booker would obviously see an easier path to success in the East than the West.

Ur spewing now. Ishbia and Jones arent trading their ā€œbig 3ā€ at least for this offseason. Ishbia and Jonesā€™ presser was them doubling down. Thereā€™s no heat yet. In all likelyhood a trade of durant and booker would be taking picks back. They arent going to take a step back YET.
JB7
Analyst

Post#76 » by JB7 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:15 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
JB7 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

Ur spewing now. Ishbia and Jones arent trading their ā€œbig 3ā€ at least for this offseason. Ishbia and Jonesā€™ presser was them doubling down. Thereā€™s no heat yet. In all likelyhood a trade of durant and booker would be taking picks back. They arent going to take a step back YET.

The podcast Group Chat, on the Ringer, brought up SAS' comments, and Woz made a point to say that SAS is usually very connected to the players on these things. My guess is pressure has been building within the Suns org, and Ishbia and Jones are just trying to put out fires before they are forced into a fire sale. If Booker and Durant demand trades publicly, then the offers from other teams will drop.

If they are trading these guys, it is definitely for picks, and they are in full tank/rebuild mode. Best deal for Booker would be with the Nets, where Suns could get their picks & swaps back, and go full tank for the 2025 and 2026 drafts.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,689

Post#77 » by WuTang_OG » Fri May 3, 2024 4:21 pm

JB7 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
JB7 wrote:

The podcast Group Chat, on the Ringer, brought up SAS' comments, and Woz made a point to say that SAS is usually very connected to the players on these things. My guess is pressure has been building within the Suns org, and Ishbia and Jones are just trying to put out fires before they are forced into a fire sale. If Booker and Durant demand trades publicly, then the offers from other teams will drop.

If they are trading these guys, it is definitely for picks, and they are in full tank/rebuild mode.

Unless booker kd ask out, ishbia isnt going to trade them. New york has been sending out fake feelers for years cuz they want another star. Ishbia is delusional right now and running the team. Recipe for a disaster. Again this is phase 1
Merit
Head Coach

Post#78 » by Merit » Fri May 3, 2024 4:22 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:I think CP3 goes back to phx on a minimum & becomes their starting PG & PHx runs it back.

I think Klay stays and GSW shops Wiggins

I think philly misses out on PG or LBJ & I really don't know what they do with their capspace.

Where on earth does Tobias Harris ends up? who pays him this summer?

Philly is always dangerous given morey is very action oriented. No idea who would choose to join Embiid, but PG would be an ideal fit.

I think Tobias Harris settles for less and ends up in Philly.

CP3 to Phoenix is an interesting thought.
I believe in Masai.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,798

Post#79 » by Pointgod » Fri May 3, 2024 4:24 pm

bluerap23 wrote:It looks like a lot of big names may be relocating this off-season. I don't expect the raptors to be involved. Possible names on the move:

LeBron
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Darius Garland
Donovan Mitchell
Jarrett Allen
Evan Mobley
Trae Young
Klay Thompson

Which teams do you think would be an ideal fit for one of the above?

Iā€™ll bite.

LeBron - stays
Paul George - stays
Kevin Durant - stays
Brandon Ingram - traded
Zion Williamson - stays, should be traded
Darius Garland - not sure
Donovan Mitchell - not sure
Jarrett Allen - stays
Evan Mobley -lol heā€™s staying
Trae Young - stays
Klay Thompson - stays

It will probably be an uneventful summer despite media reports. Most players will resign to get the money and ask for a traded later. Teams over cap and without draft picks arenā€™t in the habit of letting free agent superstars walk for nothing, literally makes no sense. Something like 30% of teams control 60% of picks so there arenā€™t a lot of opportunities to make trades for picks.

Cleveland is the most intriguing team to me. Theyā€™ll be a second round team but Garland and Mobley have been massively disappointing alongside Mitchell. Reports are that Mitchell is trying to get the hell outta dodge and heā€™ll bring back the most value in a trade. Cavs would be smart to move him in the summer or risk losing him for nothing or settling for a worse deal at the deadline.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,055

Post#80 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri May 3, 2024 4:29 pm

Let's play a lil 2k....

Garland + Allen
For Anthony Davis + Filler (Vanderbilt/Vincent)

Then sign LeBron.

Mitchell
Strus
LeBron
Mobley
Davis
In Masai We Trust :meditate:

Return to Toronto Raptors