ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,331

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#121 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 5, 2024 9:09 pm

Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
How important is it? How many teams that have won championships the last 10 years had a Center out there for 48 minutes a game?

I'm not getting into this with people again. I mentioned back in 2021 how stupid this front office was neglecting Center play and if you still can't figure this our for yourself watching this and many other teams around the league play then it is what it is lol.

The FO neglected everything, not just the centre. No backup PG, no players that can shoot in the modern NBA. We didn't get magically tons better with Jak, we got marginally better just having a competent C.

Ya exactly... there were just too many holes on the team (starting C, backup PG, shooting, playmaking, etc).

It was obvious why the team was performing below its collective talent level to most but Masai himself. That stubbornness is what got us in our current mess and there are still a bunch of raptor fans who fail to understand this.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,427

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#122 » by PushDaRock » Sun May 5, 2024 9:33 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
I'm not getting into this with people again. I mentioned back in 2021 how stupid this front office was neglecting Center play and if you still can't figure this our for yourself watching this and many other teams around the league play then it is what it is lol.

The FO neglected everything, not just the centre. No backup PG, no players that can shoot in the modern NBA. We didn't get magically tons better with Jak, we got marginally better just having a competent C.

Ya exactly... there were just too many holes on the team (starting C, backup PG, shooting, playmaking, etc).

It was obvious why the team was performing below its collective talent level to most but Masai himself. That stubbornness is what got us in our current mess and there are still a bunch of raptor fans who fail to understand this.

We can only understand what we understand.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,401

Post#123 » by JB7 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:56 am

My predictions for the summer player movement:
- Booker or KD will demand a trade, causing the other to also demand a trade and both will get dealt. KD to OKC for a **** load of picks & Giddy, and Booker to the Nets for Simmons and the Suns picks/swaps all back. Suns will then tank for the next two drafts
- Mitchell will demand a trade to the Heat, Herro will end up on the Cavs, and Jimmy will end up on the Sixers (because the Heat won't extend Jimmy's contract), and the Cavs will get a bunch of picks from the Sixers and Heat
- Trae or Dejounte will end up on the Spurs, with the Spurs trading the Hawks picks/swaps back to them
- Towns will get traded to the Knicks for Randall (whose deal will expire in a year and save the TWolves money)
- CP3 will sign with the Lakers
- GSW will resign Klay, and trade Wiggins
- PG13 & Harden will resign with LAC
- Siakam will get a max deal from the Pacers
- OG will get a near max deal from the Knicks
- DD will resign with the Bulls (they will pay him the most)
- BI will stay on the Pelicans, because they will receive little trade interest in him

Return to Toronto Raptors