ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,490

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#81 » by PhilBlackson » Fri May 3, 2024 4:35 pm

Asif16 wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:Paul George to the Sixers makes sense to me: Maxey / George / Embiid

Paul George going bach to the team that drafted him in Indy would also make for a great storyline and be a perfect fit.

Haliburton/PG/Siakam

Meh...him to IND wouldn't do much.

In PHI it would at least give them a shot to make a ECF or Finals. Pacers would be very lucky to make a Conference Finals but they don't defend enough & PG is getting older to take on too much defensively. Forget storylines of "returning home", at this point in PG's career it's ring chase or bust tbh. These guys only have so much of a window to be a major part of championship run, if I'm him I priortize that and maybe in a couple years I can go be a "good vet" to a team as the sun goes down on my career but I would not waste what very little is left of the back end of my prime for a feel good story that won't make him feel good about never being on that stage when it's all said & done.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,870

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#82 » by ArthurVandelay » Fri May 3, 2024 4:38 pm

JB7 wrote:Another name thrown out as possibly being interested in NY - Embiid

NY could have a lot of names to pick from this offseason: Embiid, Mitchell, Booker, Towns. Which one would be the best fit with the current roster?

Embiid made curious comments about loving NY, best city in the world, has had a place there for 5 years. He did nothing to stop rumors.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#83 » by PhilBlackson » Fri May 3, 2024 4:47 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Ishbia is doubling down. Don't expect PHX to move anyone.
Pelicans will make moves Griff admitted it few days ago
Lebron is staying in LA

If the Pels are ready to make trades of course Trey Murphy would be THE top target I'd go after....they can have whatever picks of ours but he's pretty much the ideal SF for this team. BUUUUT...I've heard Griff on several occasions say how much the franchise loves him.

Personally I'd be willing to go after Ingram (assuming there's a handshake agreement on an extension) with basically the package we got for Pascal (those picks + Brown), maybe toss in another lotto protected one but again it would be contingent on knowing he'd be signing an extension.

As for LA, everyone and their momma already knows they're targeting Trae, it's just a matter of if the Spurs will hijack that or not which imo they should when all they really need to do is trade ATL their picks back to them lol plus maybe a Keldon Johnson and whatever other fillers. But ATL's own picks have way more value than those Laker ones would.
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#84 » by PhilBlackson » Fri May 3, 2024 4:55 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:

NY could have a lot of names to pick from this offseason: Embiid, Mitchell, Booker, Towns. Which one would be the best fit with the current roster?

Embiid made curious comments about loving NY, best city in the world, has had a place there for 5 years. He did nothing to stop rumors.

That's a move that I don't really get for Embiid. Brunson has the slight edge over Maxey now but I'd suspect Maxey closes that gap within a couple of years which only extends Biid's window and the Sixers could add someone like PG too...heck very outside chance LeBron (although incredibly doubtful as he's presumptively just posturing to get his way in LA). But if NY has to trade for Embiid they simply will have to lose a lot of the depth that's made them this tough team.

Morey in particular is not going to just take Randle and a bunch of late 1sts. He'd likely say he wants OG, Deuce TOO! Because we know he aims to make himself the big winner in any trade he makes so if what's left is basically Brunson/Biid, I don't see how that's better than Maxey/PG/Biid.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#85 » by 6ixpessant » Fri May 3, 2024 5:37 pm

Morey is this era's Coleangelo... it'll be interesting to see him fumble around this summer.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,800

Post#86 » by ConSarnit » Fri May 3, 2024 5:49 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Obviously not a big name but I think Dwight Powell would be a good add as a backup Center. We can slowly build Team Canada with Barnes and IQ loll.

What would be the point of Powell?

If we need a backup C to cover for Olynyk’s defensive issues he doesn’t fit that role as he is almost equally as bad defensively. So if we’re just going to have a bad defensive C as a backup why not just use Olynyk in that role and at least we’ll get some offensive boost.

Powell is the worst of all worlds as a C. Bad defender who can only score as a roll man but his athleticism is fading and we don’t really have a pnr maestro who can feed him. I’d rather take a chance on anyone else over Powell, who is in clear decline and never really good in the first place.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by ConSarnit » Fri May 3, 2024 5:58 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Ishbia is doubling down. Don't expect PHX to move anyone.
Pelicans will make moves Griff admitted it few days ago
Lebron is staying in LA

If the Pels are ready to make trades of course Trey Murphy would be THE top target I'd go after....they can have whatever picks of ours but he's pretty much the ideal SF for this team. BUUUUT...I've heard Griff on several occasions say how much the franchise loves him.

Personally I'd be willing to go after Ingram (assuming there's a handshake agreement on an extension) with basically the package we got for Pascal (those picks + Brown), maybe toss in another lotto protected one but again it would be contingent on knowing he'd be signing an extension.

As for LA, everyone and their momma already knows they're targeting Trae, it's just a matter of if the Spurs will hijack that or not which imo they should when all they really need to do is trade ATL their picks back to them lol plus maybe a Keldon Johnson and whatever other fillers. But ATL's own picks have way more value than those Laker ones would.

Do we really want to pay Ingram $50m a year? Because that’s the type of deal he’ll be looking for next off-season.

The guy is a fine player but he’s the exact type of guy you don’t want to have to pay the max for. Borderline all-star who puts up numbers but never has a huge impact on winning. Paying him near 30% of the cap is not appealing.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,308

Post#88 » by Tor_Raps » Fri May 3, 2024 7:19 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Obviously not a big name but I think Dwight Powell would be a good add as a backup Center. We can slowly build Team Canada with Barnes and IQ loll.

If we need a backup C to cover for Olynyk’s defensive issues he doesn’t fit that role as he is almost equally as bad defensively. So if we’re just going to have a bad defensive C as a backup why not just use Olynyk in that role and at least we’ll get some offensive boost.

Powell is the worst of all worlds as a C. Bad defender who can only score as a roll man but his athleticism is fading and we don’t really have a pnr maestro who can feed him. I’d rather take a chance on anyone else over Powell, who is in clear decline and never really good in the first place.

Maybe I haven't watched Powell close enough but I thought hed be good defensively as a backup C. Olynyk in no way can be our backup C next year. If Poeltl gets hurt, the team will go from mediocre to bottom 3 in the nba real fast for a reason.

Raptors currently don't have a rim running big so he'd be able to fill that role. Again, he only makes 4M and would cost us practically nothing. Thought it would be a low cost add if we cant find a better player.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#89 » by YogurtProducer » Fri May 3, 2024 7:49 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:Paul George to the Sixers makes sense to me: Maxey / George / Embiid

Paul George going bach to the team that drafted him in Indy would also make for a great storyline and be a perfect fit.

Haliburton/PG/Siakam

Meh...him to IND wouldn't do much.

In PHI it would at least give them a shot to make a ECF or Finals. Pacers would be very lucky to make a Conference Finals but they don't defend enough & PG is getting older to take on too much defensively. Forget storylines of "returning home", at this point in PG's career it's ring chase or bust tbh. These guys only have so much of a window to be a major part of championship run, if I'm him I priortize that and maybe in a couple years I can go be a "good vet" to a team as the sun goes down on my career but I would not waste what very little is left of the back end of my prime for a feel good story that won't make him feel good about never being on that stage when it's all said & done.

What? Yo think PG wouldn't do much? A team that just went 47-35 would not improve much by adding a all-nba caliber wing?

Hali/PG/Siakam would be a hell of a 3-headed punch on both ends. Nesmith at the 2 and Turner at the 5 adds shooting everywhere and solid defence.

Now - I have ZERO idea if they can even financially do that, but adding PG13 to that team would be huge for them. He is a supercharged 3+D star player.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by ConSarnit » Fri May 3, 2024 8:02 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

Maybe I haven't watched Powell close enough but I thought hed be good defensively as a backup C. Olynyk in no way can be our backup C next year. If Poeltl gets hurt, the team will go from mediocre to bottom 3 in the nba real fast for a reason.

Raptors currently don't have a rim running big so he'd be able to fill that role. Again, he only makes 4M and would cost us practically nothing. Thought it would be a low cost add if we cant find a better player.

I think at Powell’s peak he was still below average defensively. Age and injury have made that worse. I don’t necessarily disagree that we could use a backup defensive C but I think we’d need to look at someone other than Powell. I think the theory of Olynyk could work in a few situations:

-as Barnes continues to improve he could provide more and more rim protection. He already did a fairly solid job this past season

-maybe Boucher finds his way back into the rotation. I’d have more confidence in him as a rim protector than Powell

-maybe we draft a C (even a raw-ish rookie can probably provide Powell equivalent rim protection)

-sign someone else (though the current market looks slim)

-maybe wins aren’t really the mandate next year

All that is to say: if we end up with Powell as our backup C we are nearly as screwed defensively then if we just go with Olynyk imo.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,964

Post#91 » by Merit » Fri May 3, 2024 11:26 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:

I might actually start liking Joel if he chooses the Knicks over a warm weather city.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,964

Post#92 » by Merit » Fri May 3, 2024 11:28 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

I think at Powell’s peak he was still below average defensively. Age and injury have made that worse. I don’t necessarily disagree that we could use a backup defensive C but I think we’d need to look at someone other than Powell. I think the theory of Olynyk could work in a few situations:

-as Barnes continues to improve he could provide more and more rim protection. He already did a fairly solid job this past season

-maybe Boucher finds his way back into the rotation. I’d have more confidence in him as a rim protector than Powell

-maybe we draft a C (even a raw-ish rookie can probably provide Powell equivalent rim protection)

-sign someone else (though the current market looks slim)

-maybe wins aren’t really the mandate next year

All that is to say: if we end up with Powell as our backup C we are nearly as screwed defensively then if we just go with Olynyk imo.

Powell would be the third string C and the first string cheerleader and player developer a la Thad.
I believe in Masai.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,491

Post#93 » by Ball4life32 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:42 pm

6ixpessant wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:I feel sorry for whoever takes on Trae.

Why? He's still a really good offensive player - elite shooter and playmaker.

He'd be PERFECT fit on the Spurs.

Wemby and Vassell can cover Trae's defensive lapses.

Keldon Johnson + Tre Jones + Graham/Collins + Draft Pick(s) for Trae

Trae is an absolutely awful teammate and a loser on the court, he's not well liked in Atlanta. He's been a loser on the court his entire career, you don't bring in guys like that during a rebuild and youth movement.

We have already lived through Raptors nation thinking Cousins and Beal would be great additions.

This is so off base and not even true. Name one teammate that thinks this… you’re listening to clickbait false rumors and crazy you can average 26/11+ with +3 bpm (lowest since rookie yr) but you’re a loser on the court. Yikes

ArthurVandelay wrote:

Great fit for NY but doubt they trade Embiid. Philly will be awful without him.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#94 » by 6ixpessant » Sat May 4, 2024 2:38 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Why? He's still a really good offensive player - elite shooter and playmaker.

He'd be PERFECT fit on the Spurs.

Wemby and Vassell can cover Trae's defensive lapses.

Keldon Johnson + Tre Jones + Graham/Collins + Draft Pick(s) for Trae

Trae is an absolutely awful teammate and a loser on the court, he's not well liked in Atlanta. He's been a loser on the court his entire career, you don't bring in guys like that during a rebuild and youth movement.

We have already lived through Raptors nation thinking Cousins and Beal would be great additions.

This is so off base and not even true. Name one teammate that thinks this… you’re listening to clickbait false rumors and crazy you can average 26/11+ with +3 bpm (lowest since rookie yr) but you’re a loser on the court. Yikes

ArthurVandelay wrote:

Great fit for NY but doubt they trade Embiid. Philly will be awful without him.

You're assuming I got that from the internet. We don't all live in the basement. :wink:

Now statistically, there is a long line of guys over the decades that were career stat stuffing losers (on the court, nice guys off it.. though Trae doesn't fit that). You can find that data and it can't really be disputed. There are a bunch of them in the league currently.

You should probably lay off the tik tok, hot takes and sport fan circle jerks.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,420

Post#95 » by PushDaRock » Sat May 4, 2024 3:05 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Timeout... who the hell said our Center rotation is set? We have 1 actual Center on the roster and actually need 2 more (a backup and a young 3rd stringer with potential).

Also Powell is still under contract with the Mavs for 4M next year but he seems useless for them with Lively and Gafford there now. Think he could be had for very little.

What is going on? You are saying KO is not an adequate back-up centre? This board is completely off the rails. Whenever someone comes on this roster the board turns on them.

My man... Olynyk is a really good bench player but he hasn't played Center for majority of his career for a reason. He's been a PF who can play C in particular situations where you're prioritizing offense over defense.

There was a reason why this team (as mediocre as it was) completely fell apart when Poeltl got hurt. You need someone else with that type of skillset off the bench.

It wasn't just Poeltl getting hurt, it was Barnes as well. This team was left a bunch of guards and wings and no bigs at all. We all know KO isn't a great defensive anchor 5, but it looked so much worse out there because of the lineups we were forced to play. You had Agbaji, Nwora and McDaniels getting minutes at the 4, of course it's going to look like a dumpster fire out there.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,903

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season 

Post#96 » by deeps6x » Sat May 4, 2024 3:36 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:Evan mobley isn't going anywhere.

I don't know. I think if someone offered the Cavs a top two pick in this draft for Mobley, they might just take it. He's been good, but not great. Plus it would free up money for other players on the team.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Ball4life32
Analyst

Post#97 » by Ball4life32 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:04 pm

6ixpessant wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:

You're assuming I got that from the internet. We don't all live in the basement. :wink:

Now statistically, there is a long line of guys over the decades that were career stat stuffing losers (on the court, nice guys off it.. though Trae doesn't fit that). You can find that data and it can't really be disputed. There are a bunch of them in the league currently.

You should probably lay off the tik tok, hot takes and sport fan circle jerks.

You should definitely take your own advice. Nothing you said is accurate and no one said there aren’t career stat stuffing losers. They don’t make ECF and playoffs (3 of the last 4 yrs) with zero all star teammates though.
Ball4life32
Analyst

Post#98 » by Ball4life32 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:11 pm

deeps6x wrote:

I don't know. I think if someone offered the Cavs a top two pick in this draft for Mobley, they might just take it. He's been good, but not great. Plus it would free up money for other players on the team.

I don’t like his fit offensively with Allen. Hes more a 5 on offense…..can he play the 5 full time?
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,498

Post#99 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 5:16 pm

deeps6x wrote:

Jak, Brown, GTJ, pacers 2026 pick for Mobley. Who says no :lol:
Props TZ!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,126

Post#100 » by Zeno » Sat May 4, 2024 5:28 pm

Scase wrote:
deeps6x wrote:

Jak, Brown, GTJ, pacers 2026 pick for Mobley. Who says no :lol:

Yeah that is... :lol:

I was wondering if Cleveland might try to use Allen, Strus, Niang to get Durant in an attempt to convince Mitchell to stay. Something like Allen, Strus, D. Wade and Niang for Durant. Clevland can also throw in the #20 from this draft too. Who says no?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

Return to Toronto Raptors