ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,027

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season 

Post#21 » by canz55 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:11 pm

Ingram is the definition of a hot/cold player. He's a taller, lankier Trent with less reliable shooting.
ImageWe the Champs...
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,584

Post#22 » by bluerap23 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:10 pm

canz55 wrote:Ingram is the definition of a hot/cold player. He's a taller, lankier Trent with less reliable shooting.

While Ingram is not an alpha top player on a team he is WAY better than GTJ. I don’t think he is a realistic target but if you put him in our SL with IQ, RJ, Scottie and Yak we are significantly better. Likely competing for top 4 seed in east.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,584

Post#23 » by bluerap23 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:13 pm

Original topic was to project where some of these guys may land or interesting destinations for them. I’ll get the ball rolling.

KD to OKC for Giddey, Wallace and picks
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,314

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#24 » by vulture » Wed May 1, 2024 4:37 pm

Say no to Ingram. He’s a mentally weak player who needs the ball in his hands and doesn’t really shoots 3s off the catch. He has one more year remaining in his contract and wants a max. If you’re trading for him they should have just kept pascal.
Let him go to Detroit where they are desperately trying to make play in.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,611

Post#25 » by Ackshun » Wed May 1, 2024 4:59 pm

Merit wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:
I could see us trading a 6 pick + Bruce and Boucher for Ingram. I could see NO liking that deal too.

IQ - Sears (31)
RJ - Dick - GTJ
BI - Ochai - Nwora
Barnes - Olynyk - FA?
Yak - Ware/Edey (19)

Guy is a lock to miss 20-30 games every year. He also just shot 35% in a playoff series. I’d pass mostly for those ankle and knee injuries.

Our FO has one of the best in the game in Alex McKechnie. We need shot creation and scoring. If he comes at a discounted rate, now is the time to take action.

I like Ingram as a player but I don’t see the fit. Add the contract extension likely north of 35 mill and it doesn’t make any sense to me. Especially giving up assets too, which is already very limited.

This sounds like..let’s get a good player for the sake of getting a good player. It handcuffs us financially moving forward and Ingram is not the missing piece to a contender. His salary will limit us finding those pieces.

Obi Toppin and Kris Dunn. Full it out with our 3 draft picks and I’m good for another year of development.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,959

Post#26 » by Merit » Wed May 1, 2024 5:40 pm

Ackshun wrote:
Merit wrote:
Ackshun wrote:

Guy is a lock to miss 20-30 games every year. He also just shot 35% in a playoff series. I’d pass mostly for those ankle and knee injuries.

Our FO has one of the best in the game in Alex McKechnie. We need shot creation and scoring. If he comes at a discounted rate, now is the time to take action.

I like Ingram as a player but I don’t see the fit. Add the contract extension likely north of 35 mill and it doesn’t make any sense to me. Especially giving up assets too, which is already very limited.

This sounds like..let’s get a good player for the sake of getting a good player. It handcuffs us financially moving forward and Ingram is not the missing piece to a contender. His salary will limit us finding those pieces.

Obi Toppin and Kris Dunn. Full it out with our 3 draft picks and I’m good for another year of development.

I’m open to any and all options to improve our team this offseason and moving forward. If Ingram isn’t deemed worthy by the FO - so be it. I’m biased in favour of reclamation projects, solid ROI and cool storylines, hence wiggins.

Ingram has the potential for reclamation due to injury, and may be undervalued after a playoff loss so meets 2 out of the 3 criteria above. If I were New Orleans, I’d be looking to move on from Zion instead and rebuild around the youth they have - including Ingram. Speaking of which, I would move our lotto first, Brown, and the expiring contracts of Boucher and McDaniels for Zion. Zion would meet 3 of the 3 above given the huge potential upside and equally huge potential of flopping. He’s also got star power and thus the storyline as well.

Obi Toppin is meh. Kris Dunn is a solid backup pg with elite defensive stats and an inability to shoot. Not averse to that idea at the right price. If we keep our picks and draft a backup PG I’m good too.
I believe in Masai.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,635

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#27 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed May 1, 2024 5:42 pm

If I'm Masai I'm calling up teams that want to avoid the tax or reduce their tax burden. There are deals to be had and teams to be fleeced this summer. We have cap space and expiring deals. We can help teams that aren't director competitors of ours (e.g., the Warriors) get out of tax hell.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Merit » Wed May 1, 2024 5:45 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:If I'm Masai I'm calling up teams that want to avoid the tax or reduce their tax burden. There are deals to be had and teams to be fleeced this summer. We have cap space and expiring deals. We can help teams that aren't director competitors of ours (e.g., the Warriors) get out of tax hell.

Agreed 100%. We can also facilitate trades and pick up value a la OKC.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#29 » by Merit » Wed May 1, 2024 5:46 pm

canz55 wrote:Ingram is the definition of a hot/cold player. He's a taller, lankier Trent with less reliable shooting.

This is a compliment to Trent.
I believe in Masai.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,398

Post#30 » by JB7 » Wed May 1, 2024 6:10 pm

bluerap23 wrote:Original topic was to project where some of these guys may land or interesting destinations for them. I’ll get the ball rolling.

OKC actually makes a lot of sense for KD. Can go back, and hopefully appease the fans that were upset with him leaving the first time, like LeBron in Cleveland. He just wouldn't be the #1 option there, and would he be able to handle that?
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,488

Post#31 » by Ball4life32 » Wed May 1, 2024 6:11 pm

TheAlchemist23 wrote:Trae and Ingram are locks to be moved

I'd be happy to add anyone at the right (discounted) price

Trae is nowhere near a lock and Ingram is expiring with a trade kicker so it will be tricky for NO but I think he gets moved.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#32 » by ontnut » Wed May 1, 2024 6:22 pm

JB7 wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:Original topic was to project where some of these guys may land or interesting destinations for them. I’ll get the ball rolling.

OKC actually makes a lot of sense for KD. Can go back, and hopefully appease the fans that were upset with him leaving the first time, like LeBron in Cleveland. He just wouldn't be the #1 option there, and would he be able to handle that?

He's not the #1 option in PHX and he's complaining. Though to be fair, being a #2 to a legit MVP candidate is probably more tolerable than being #2 to Booker. They're also a much more balanced team.

While in theory I think it would work, I don't think Presti wants anything to do with KD at this point in his career. Their young core seems to work very well together and throwing in a potentially disgruntled KD, and shipping out multiple parts of their core might screw everything up .
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#33 » by ontnut » Wed May 1, 2024 6:22 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:Trae and Ingram are locks to be moved

I'd be happy to add anyone at the right (discounted) price

Trae is nowhere near a lock and Ingram is expiring with a trade kicker so it will be tricky for NO but I think he gets moved.

Trae will 100% be shopped, but might not be moved. Hawks need to do something though, and Trae would bring back the biggest return.
JB7
Analyst

Post#34 » by JB7 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:04 pm

ontnut wrote:
JB7 wrote:

He's not the #1 option in PHX and he's complaining. Though to be fair, being a #2 to a legit MVP candidate is probably more tolerable than being #2 to Booker. They're also a much more balanced team.

While in theory I think it would work, I don't think Presti wants anything to do with KD at this point in his career. Their young core seems to work very well together and throwing in a potentially disgruntled KD, and shipping out multiple parts of their core might screw everything up .

Problem for OKC is they have a very small window to win, before they need to start handing out max contracts to their players on rookie deals (Chet & JDub).

So if they want to supercharge the team, the next two years are the window to do it, and KD's contract expires exactly when they would need to pay Chet & JDub.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,628

Post#35 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:32 pm

I think CP3 goes back to phx on a minimum & becomes their starting PG & PHx runs it back.

I think Klay stays and GSW shops Wiggins

I think philly misses out on PG or LBJ & I really don't know what they do with their capspace.

Where on earth does Tobias Harris ends up? who pays him this summer?

In Raptor Ball I Trust
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,014

Post#36 » by anotherhomer » Wed May 1, 2024 7:34 pm

not cason wallace....they need a backup PG

Giddey, Ousmane Dieng and picks would work really well
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,311

Post#37 » by YogurtProducer » Wed May 1, 2024 7:52 pm

JB7 wrote:
ontnut wrote:
JB7 wrote:

Problem for OKC is they have a very small window to win, before they need to start handing out max contracts to their players on rookie deals (Chet & JDub).

So if they want to supercharge the team, the next two years are the window to do it, and KD's contract expires exactly when they would need to pay Chet & JDub.

IDK how OKC can even get KD though? They dont have 50M in salaries to send out.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#38 » by 6ixpessant » Wed May 1, 2024 7:57 pm

I feel sorry for whoever takes on Trae.
JB7
Analyst

Post#39 » by JB7 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
JB7 wrote:
ontnut wrote:He's not the #1 option in PHX and he's complaining. Though to be fair, being a #2 to a legit MVP candidate is probably more tolerable than being #2 to Booker. They're also a much more balanced team.

IDK how OKC can even get KD though? They dont have 50M in salaries to send out.

They have cap space though. 12 players signed for only $103M. Salary cap is $141M. Plus I don't know if they have trade exemptions.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,318

Post#40 » by Dalek » Wed May 1, 2024 8:09 pm

ontnut wrote:
JB7 wrote:

I hate that idea. OKC is a number one seed the way they are and don't really need to take a big swing with an old player. If we have learned anything about these playoffs, the veteran guys (other than Bron) wear down by the playoffs.

Return to Toronto Raptors