ImageImageImageImageImage

Regardless of the WT - What Do You Think the 24/25 Season Outcome Would be with LBJ as a Raptor?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

How would Raps finish if they added LBJ to the core?

Win the chip
5%
Finals
10%
Conference Finals
20%
2nd Round
15%
1st Round
17%
Play-in
22%
Lottery
12%

Total votes: 41

torsport
Assistant Coach
And1: 114

Regardless of the WT - What Do You Think the 24/25 Season Outcome Would be with LBJ as a Raptor? 

Post#1 » by torsport » Thu May 2, 2024 1:21 am

Okay, I know Lebron is saying playing with Bronny isn't a priority, and I don't really think there would be any way he would join the Raps. I'm more interested in the RGM perspectives of where this team is at, if an aged superstar is added.

So for the hypothetical: Raps draft Bronny with #19. Lebron threatens to opt-out and states his intention to join the Raps. Lakers don't want to lose him for nothing so we Sign and Trade GTJ, add Bruce Brown, Chris Boucher or whatever non-core moves are needed to complete the deal.

Assuming we get the #6 pick, we draft BPA, Bronny, BPA with the 2nd rounder (if it isn't traded to complete the deal) and add LBJ. This isn't about the viability of the trade...just how the Raps would do in 24/25 if they added this caliber of player. And it's just for fun.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,778

Re: Regardless of the WT - What Do You Think the 24/25 Season Outcome Would be with LBJ as a Raptor? 

Post#2 » by Badonkadonk » Thu May 2, 2024 1:29 am

Why would the Raps fare any better than the Lakers did this past season?

The Raps young core is sub-25 and hasn't learned anything playing in meaningful games together. Lebron is on the other end of the spectrum.

Terrible fit/timing.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,690

Re: Regardless of the WT - What Do You Think the 24/25 Season Outcome Would be with LBJ as a Raptor? 

Post#3 » by SFour » Thu May 2, 2024 1:37 am

probably play-in embarrassment or 1st round embarrassment.....40 year old Lebron ain't saving us
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,488

Post#4 » by Scase » Thu May 2, 2024 1:55 am

Worse than the lakers, LBJ/AD > BBQ. Play-in embarrassment.
Props TZ!
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#5 » by ontnut » Thu May 2, 2024 2:02 am

First round fodder. Lebron would drag us into the playoffs in all likelihood. And we'd probably follow up that move with additional trades to add talent/vets, sending our future picks. But I don't see us winning a playoff round unless it's against an injured team like say, Philly without Embiid.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,111

Post#6 » by Potential » Thu May 2, 2024 3:37 am

We should only want a guy like LeBron or KD if we're already in a position where we're a move or 2 away from winning it all. If it was the Lowry/DeRozan or 2020 or even 2022 Raptors it'd make sense
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,635

Post#7 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu May 2, 2024 4:14 pm

LeBron would take us to ECF. East is much weaker than the West. 49 wins gets you a 2 seed.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,071

Post#8 » by Indeed » Thu May 2, 2024 4:39 pm

I don't think LeBron and Barnes would get along.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,779

Post#9 » by ForeverTFC » Thu May 2, 2024 4:43 pm

Scase wrote:Worse than the lakers, LBJ/AD > BBQ. Play-in embarrassment.

The Raptors roster is way better than AD + rest of the Lakers. Their best shot creator is who? Probably D'Angelo Russell w/o Bron? Though I guess you can make the argument that AD is a better Robin than anyone on this team and that we don't have the shooting you need around Bron to make it work either.

With that said, I'd bet we'd be better than the Lakers IF Lebron plays at the level he did this year. If they were 7th in the West, no reason we couldn't be 5-6 in the East with a shot to win a round. But that's got to be the ceiling of the team.

EDIT: I didn't think I'd think about this so hard when I first saw the thread title :lol: . With that said: IQ/Dick/LBJ/Scottie/Poeltl could be a pretty dangerous lineup offensively, though I doubt that front court could make up for the atrocious defense you'd get from an IQ/Dick back court.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,628

Post#11 » by ropjhk » Thu May 2, 2024 5:35 pm

So considering the trade mentioned by the OP, the Raptors lineup would essentially be:

IQ
RJ
Barnes
James
Poetl

Dick
Ochai
Olynyk
#6 pick
MLE vet
Min vet
Bronny
+filler

I assume Lebron will draw veteran players.

That may be a playoff team but it's a second round team at best IMO. The bench would be a weakness. Not sure how well the starting lineup would complement each other.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,311

Post#12 » by YogurtProducer » Thu May 2, 2024 7:06 pm

ropjhk wrote:So considering the trade mentioned by the OP, the Raptors lineup would essentially be:

IQ
RJ
Barnes
James
Poetl

Dick
Ochai
Olynyk
#6 pick
MLE vet
Min vet
Bronny
+filler

I assume Lebron will draw veteran players.

That may be a playoff team but it's a second round team at best IMO. The bench would be a weakness. Not sure how well the starting lineup would complement each other.

You can guarantee if that happens you are immediately putting together RJ packages + picks for immediate help .

I think in this "theroetical" you can S+T Brown, Boucher. McDaniels and then re-sign GTJ to a $20M deal (or whatever).

IQ
GTJ/Dick
Barnes/RJ/Agbaji
James
Poeltl/Olynyk

and then add #6, #19, #31 or whatever picks you get.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,124

Post#13 » by Zeno » Thu May 2, 2024 9:59 pm

This is an extremely dark timeline. But if Lebron was coming here, I think you are trading that top 6 pick you kept to help get win now players. Maybe we get to keep Gradey….if we’re lucky Also poor Darko. lol. Lucky if he makes it to November. This is bleak.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,635

Post#14 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu May 2, 2024 10:01 pm

Indeed wrote:I don't think LeBron and Barnes would get along.

I can’t think of a teammate who has ever said anything bad about LeBron’s role in the locker room.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,803

Post#15 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:08 pm

Play-in. He doesn't fit our roster. He plays the exact same position as Scottie. It would be the Scottie/Siakam situation all over again.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,031

Post#17 » by kalel123 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:55 pm

Most likely 1st round. But East is weaker than West, there's outside shot for something like ECF.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,488

Post#18 » by Scase » Fri May 3, 2024 1:24 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:Worse than the lakers, LBJ/AD > BBQ. Play-in embarrassment.

The Raptors roster is way better than AD + rest of the Lakers. Their best shot creator is who? Probably D'Angelo Russell w/o Bron? Though I guess you can make the argument that AD is a better Robin than anyone on this team and that we don't have the shooting you need around Bron to make it work either.

With that said, I'd bet we'd be better than the Lakers IF Lebron plays at the level he did this year. If they were 7th in the West, no reason we couldn't be 5-6 in the East with a shot to win a round. But that's got to be the ceiling of the team.

EDIT: I didn't think I'd think about this so hard when I first saw the thread title :lol: . With that said: IQ/Dick/LBJ/Scottie/Poeltl could be a pretty dangerous lineup offensively, though I doubt that front court could make up for the atrocious defense you'd get from an IQ/Dick back court.

It'd be a trash fire either way :lol:
Props TZ!
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,071

Post#19 » by Indeed » Fri May 3, 2024 3:01 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Indeed wrote:I don't think LeBron and Barnes would get along.

I can’t think of a teammate who has ever said anything bad about LeBron’s role in the locker room.

I don't think they play the same style, and who would adjust? LeBron would adjust his playing style? Or Barnes?
I don't think you can have another leader if Barnes is here, he directs people rather than the other way around.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,584

Post#20 » by bluerap23 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:49 am

Badonkadonk wrote:Why would the Raps fare any better than the Lakers did this past season?

The Raps young core is sub-25 and hasn't learned anything playing in meaningful games together. Lebron is on the other end of the spectrum.

Terrible fit/timing.

East is way weaker than West

Return to Toronto Raptors