ImageImageImageImageImage

Rudy Gay Trashes Toronto

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,772

Re: Rudy Gay Trashes Toronto 

Post#81 » by metafisical » Fri May 3, 2024 6:42 am

Wow, the inferiority complex in here. Who cares what he feels about Toronto the franchise and/or Toronto the city. Not everyone has to want to come here or like it here.

I know plenty of people who didn't enjoy Toronto. I don't care. Move on. Why do we always need everyone to like us, the city or the team?

That being said, Rudy Gay is overrated. Acquiring him and trading him away was one of the moves that eventually led us to winning the championship, so Gay played his part.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#82 » by 6ixpessant » Fri May 3, 2024 6:44 am

metafisical wrote:Wow, the inferiority complex in here. Who cares what he feels about Toronto the franchise and/or Toronto the city. Not everyone has to want to come here or like it here.

I know plenty of people who didn't enjoy Toronto. I don't care. Move on. Why do we always need everyone to like us, the city or the team?

That being said, Rudy Gay is overrated. Acquiring him and trading him away was one of the moves that eventually led us to winning the championship, so Gay played his part.

I think it's because Rudy actually told Suitboy (paraphrasing) "you should have drafted me, I wanted to be here", while crapping on Memphis... he's just a spoiled brat that never lived up to his potential and he's still blaming everyone else.
PANDABREAD
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#83 » by PANDABREAD » Fri May 3, 2024 10:46 am

It's not a surprise to me that he feels that way. I remember the Open Gym episode of after the trade, only Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray were there with the team to say their goodbyes and Rudy seems to be instantly gone outta Toronto after the news.

I felt more emotional losing Acy and Gray tbh but I know Demar and Kyle were friends with Rudy but I'm no fan of his iso plays cause that was the make or break of every game
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,698

Post#84 » by WuTang_OG » Fri May 3, 2024 11:06 am

This guy is a big zero everywhere he went.
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#85 » by Van_Trump » Fri May 3, 2024 11:14 am

;t=950s

Raptors Open Gym Rudy Gay trade.
Starts around 11 minute mark.
Liked Aaron Gray in this episode.

This was the greatest season of Open Gym. A losing team suddenly starts winning.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,772

Post#86 » by OakleyDokely » Fri May 3, 2024 12:35 pm

pepperidge farms remembers when he banned stats sheets from the locker room because his stats were so bad.
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#87 » by plainballing » Fri May 3, 2024 1:51 pm

He was a talented player. I remember we had our debate of drafting Bargs or Gay with our #1 in 2006...rest is history.

Anyways, he was not wrong about our team but in those days.

But it was his trade that allow us to become a solid Eastern Conference Powerhouse for years to come.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,316

Post#88 » by vulture » Fri May 3, 2024 2:08 pm

Duffman100 wrote:How about we also revisit your **** performance in Toronto?

So many 4/17 games that it was unbearable to watch.
Still remember when he banned stat sheets in the locker room.
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,402

Post#89 » by TOStateofMind » Fri May 3, 2024 3:38 pm

He is a career loser and trading him was the start of the most successful era for the franchise. Thanks Rudy :lol:
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,948

Post#90 » by JN » Fri May 3, 2024 4:37 pm

**** Rudy Gay, **** UConn, and while were at it **** Ross Atkins, John Schneider, and Vlad groundouts.
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,538

Post#91 » by right between the eyes » Fri May 3, 2024 4:42 pm

metafisical wrote:Wow, the inferiority complex in here. Who cares what he feels about Toronto the franchise and/or Toronto the city. Not everyone has to want to come here or like it here.

I don't agree with this take at all. Rudy is just salty because things didn't work out here and we got much better with role players after he left. He was the biggest ball hog here and didn't buy into the team concept whatsoever.

Not every player has to like playing here but Rudy is clearly being petty here and felt the need to trash Toronto on a podcast as we're an easy target being the only Canadian team. Once a player does this, it's open season for us fans to say what we want. This has nothing to do with insecurity.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,919

Post#92 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri May 3, 2024 5:26 pm

Rudy Gay / Gilbert Arenas / Stephen Jackson / Carmelo Anthony --- These type of guys come off as salty old hacks on podcasts

Memphis wouldn't have won anything with him, they were better after they moved him, they had something like 3 straight 50+ win seasons. I think they even went to the WCF that season
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,919

Post#93 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri May 3, 2024 5:27 pm

PANDABREAD wrote:It's not a surprise to me that he feels that way. I remember the Open Gym episode of after the trade, only Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray were there with the team to say their goodbyes and Rudy seems to be instantly gone outta Toronto after the news.

I felt more emotional losing Acy and Gray tbh but I know Demar and Kyle were friends with Rudy but I'm no fan of his iso plays cause that was the make or break of every game

I remember that episode :lol:
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#94 » by Sandman88 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:36 pm

Oh that’s why he was beyond awful in toronto, he didn’t wanna be here
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,375

Post#95 » by canada_dry » Fri May 3, 2024 10:00 pm

Every team that you've played on got better after trading you. Shut up.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,323

Post#96 » by brownbobcat » Fri May 3, 2024 10:36 pm

JN wrote:**** Rudy Gay, **** UConn, and while were at it **** Ross Atkins, John Schneider, and Vlad groundouts.

Don't one of those **** got sickle cell or something?
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,967

Post#97 » by Merit » Fri May 3, 2024 11:25 pm

Gay can STFU. Obviously he and Lowry are tight but he wasn’t all that when he played for the Raps and the Raptors got better the second they moved on from him. Marc Gasol won his chip with the Raps, not Memphis. Has Rudy ever won a championship? He topped out as a high level Robin and talks like he’s Batman. Why’s he throwing shade on the city now when he’s washed up?
I believe in Masai.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#98 » by Jstock12 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:25 pm

Toronto fans before trading for Rudy Gay:
Spoiler:

Toronto fans after trading for Rudy Gay:
Spoiler:
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,603

Post#99 » by HangTime » Fri May 3, 2024 11:50 pm

Van_Trump wrote:;t=950s

Raptors Open Gym Rudy Gay trade.
Starts around 11 minute mark.
Liked Aaron Gray in this episode.

This was the greatest season of Open Gym. A losing team suddenly starts winning.

12:57 -
who would have guessed the real centre piece, was Gervais Vazquez.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,071

Post#100 » by carlosey » Sat May 4, 2024 12:08 am

Dont underestimate the fact Rudy remembers quite well we became good because he left. His bitterness likely still exists.

Return to Toronto Raptors